PDA

View Full Version : moment of silence...

levv151
12-17-2009, 11:36 PM
...for Chris Henry. He may have been troubled and made a lot of poor choices but he was a person and my heart goes out to his family for their loss; especially with Christmas right around the corner...he was very talented and at one point I was lobbying for us to sign him when he was released...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the rest here at Fin-heaven and thanks for making this site so awesome...Go Phins!!!

WVDolphan
12-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Why do people request a moment of silence after a tragedy? Why not a moment of screaming? Ya know. Its like a bunch of people just died........EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

DirkDiggler
12-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Why because he was a stupid thug!? You jump on the back of a moving truck you better understand about gravity. Who Cares.

SRM
12-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Why because he was a stupid thug!? You jump on the back of a moving truck you better understand about gravity. Who Cares.

Wow.

SebasMiamiFan
12-18-2009, 01:23 AM
You've just lost respect from me.

FlaFinest954
12-18-2009, 01:31 AM

Please tell me the reason for that inappropriate comment was because you've been drinking.

Show some respect dude. Doesn't matter about his past, we just lost a man, a father, a brother & a son at a tender age. R.I.P. Chris Henry #15

dolfan_101
12-18-2009, 01:35 AM
So young and talented, you have to feel for his family, especially this time of the year. May God be with all his friends and loved ones..

WISfinfan13
12-18-2009, 01:40 AM

You know thats pretty harsh man...but in all seriousnous...I think your right...Everyone keeps saying he turned his life around...And hes a changed man...But looking at what we know...His fiance was pissed, and was trying to drive away...But CH was the one who decided he would make things better by jumping in her pickup truck?? Irresponsible no matter how you look at it...Did she have it out for him?? Possibly... Was he was trying to come after her?? Maybe...Doesnt matter...He had the chance to act like man...But he made the decision to jump on the bed of a pickup truck not her.....Either way nobody can argue...He made an irresponsible decision...And unfortunately this time law has no control(Unlike the other 5 times he has had issues)...The decision Chris Henry made a couple nights ago cost him his life...and effected people across the country...

But for me...

I feel for those kids...they didnt have the chance to make the decision to grow up without a father (and possibly a mother)...unfortantley their father made that decision for them...

PS...This is a tragic event...Cant imagine the ppl who really cared about this guy...And more importantly his family and friends...Let this be a lesson to all.

SebasMiamiFan
12-18-2009, 01:40 AM
I almost cried when I saw Ocho Cinco upset.

Ricky_Fan34
12-18-2009, 02:11 AM
:rip::smad: I can't believe you really just said that... Before I get another infraction, I'm just going to go back to the AM Crew...

JCane
12-18-2009, 02:17 AM

It's really unfortunate that you feel this way. I wasn't aware that we could place value on an individual's life no matter how they chose to live it. That's the great thing about life and this young man ran out of time to turn his around and do something promising. A Mother just lost her son over something so stupid. If you don't care, that's fine by me. But have some class and some respect for the young man. I've said some pretty harsh things about Chris Henry's choices but the worst I would ever wish on Chris Henry is that he be ousted from the league. In no way would I ever use his decisions to devalue his one life.

GoonBoss
12-18-2009, 02:22 AM
A moment of silence for his family he left fatherless by virtue of a series of bad choices maybe. Him? Meh. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

finnns2000
12-18-2009, 02:24 AM

No need to call him a thug. Really makes you sound ignorant.

MadDog 88
12-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Lets see how the investigation shakes out before passing judgement on his actions. I am curious to see if she made a move to throw him from the truck.

Ricky_Fan34
12-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Lets see how the investigation shakes out before passing judgement on his actions. I am curious to see if she made a move to throw him from the truck.
I bet she did.

MadDog 88
12-18-2009, 02:36 AM
I bet she did.
I'm sure she did. If so, then comes the decision whether or not to charge her. This is a tragedy that will only grow worse. Hard to believe some of you guys minimize the loss and long term effect on his family.

GoonBoss
12-18-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm sure she did. If so, then comes the decision whether or not to charge her. This is a tragedy that will only grow worse. Hard to believe some of you guys minimize the loss and long term effect on his family.

I'm also sure she did. I would have as well if someone that I knew for a fact had a history of arrests and violence who I was having an altercation with, and I was trying to escape my own house from, that I knew for a FACT could beat me until I was dead was pursuing me.

Let me explain to you how this is done in a court of law;

Your honor, the deseased and I I got into a disagreement. We both became upset and I attempted to flee our residence. All I could think about was the safety of my children and getting away from a man I know to have been a drug user (2005), a man that carries guns illegally (2006). He got upset, and I just wanted to get away. He pursued me from our residence and jumped into the back of the truck I was driving. I was in fear for m life, and I did the only thing I could to defend myself by swerving to get him out of the truck. I just wanted stop him from hurting me.

I should charge for this stuff.

DirkDiggler
12-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Please tell me the reason for that inappropriate comment was because you've been drinking.

Show some respect dude. Doesn't matter about his past, we just lost a man, a father, a brother & a son at a tender age. R.I.P. Chris Henry #15

Why? If you jump on the back of a truck and beat on it when your gf is driving away from you and you think you can beat a truck what do you expect to happen? come on man!

DirkDiggler
12-18-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm also sure she did. I would have as well if someone that I knew for a fact had a history of arrests and violence who I was having an altercation with, and I was trying to escape my own house from, that I knew for a FACT could beat me until I was dead was pursuing me.

Your honor, the deseased and I I got into a disagreement. We both became upset and I attempted to flee our residence. All I could think about was the safety of my children and getting away from a man I know to have been a drug user (2005), a man that carries guns illegally (2006). He got upset, and I just wanted to get away. He pursued me from our residence and jumped into the back of the truck I was driving. I was in fear for m life, and I did the only thing I could to defend myself by swerving to get him out of the truck. I just wanted stop him from hurting me.

Thank you!!! This is the quote of the year!!!! Exactly my point!!!

#1dolphinsfan
12-18-2009, 04:01 AM
really thats not cool the guy was starting to accually turn his life around

DirkDiggler
12-18-2009, 04:03 AM
A moment of silence for his family he left fatherless by virtue of a series of bad choices maybe. Him? Meh. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

A moment of silence is reserved for guys like Pat Tillman or Walter Payton! Dont give me this oh your shocked that I said this. He made a stupid decision and paid the price. What do you expect his wife to do? She feared for her life.

DirkDiggler
12-18-2009, 04:03 AM
really thats not cool the guy was starting to accually turn his life around

If he was turning his life around he wouldnt be banging on the top of a moving truck when his babies where home!

KDog13
12-18-2009, 04:19 AM
If he was turning his life around he wouldnt be banging on the top of a moving truck when his babies where home!

Why does it seem you know the situation and reason behind him banging on the window. Yea it sounds bad but it can be different then what it might of been. For one one he hopped onto the car probably because he wanted to repair anything that happened in that house and he was banging on the window to tell her to stop. Before you throw up ****ed up assumptions please get the real story behind all of this. You seriously don't feel for a guy who yes had a troubled past but was showing a change of heart in the right way.I mean he died and to say he was a thug I believe is a terrible thing to say. Only Karma will affect people like you.

REST IN PEACE CHRIS HENRY "A Changed Man"

GoonBoss
12-18-2009, 04:58 AM
I wonder what people would be saying if it were a guy with a history of drugs and guns that chased thier daughter from her parents (yours) house and jumped into her truck and started banging on the roof after a domestic dispute?

It's very likely that I would shoot that ****er if it were my daughter....Barring that it's probably an *** whupping.

I guess two years of "change" trumps 20 or so of previous history. I'm not saying that for sure he wasn't trying to actually touch up the paint on the roof, or trying to alert the girl about a burnt out tail light.....We can't know for sure.

All I'm saying is it's walking like a duck and quacking like a duck.

kud
12-18-2009, 06:02 AM
It's really unfortunate that you feel this way. I wasn't aware that we could place value on an individual's life no matter how they chose to live it. That's the great thing about life and this young man ran out of time to turn his around and do something promising. A Mother just lost her son over something so stupid. If you don't care, that's fine by me. But have some class and some respect for the young man. I've said some pretty harsh things about Chris Henry's choices but the worst I would ever wish on Chris Henry is that he be ousted from the league. In no way would I ever use his decisions to devalue his one life.

Is this thread asking for a moment of silence for Chris Henry's loved ones or Chris Henry? You reap what you sow. His bad decisions finally caught up with him. If you're asking for sympathy for his family, then sure I have some, especially the children. For the man himself not so much.

I'd like to comment on how laughable the people are attempting to push their self-righteous moralistic values on others, as much as I find it laughable when people pretend to care. I guess that makes them feel like a "good person."

MadDog 88
12-18-2009, 06:10 AM

I should charge for this stuff.That's true in some cases Goon, but how do you know it's true in this case? You don't. Neither do I. That's why I said, let the investigation take it's course.

MadDog 88
12-18-2009, 06:11 AM
What do you expect his wife to do? She feared for her life.
A bit presumptive on your part.

MadDog 88
12-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Is this thread asking for a moment of silence for Chris Henry's loved ones or Chris Henry? You reap what you sow. His bad decisions finally caught up with him. If you're asking for sympathy for his family, then sure I have some, especially the children. For the man himself not so much.

I'd like to comment on how laughable the people are attempting to push their self-righteous moralistic values on others, as much as I find it laughable when people pretend to care. I guess that makes them feel like a "good person."
I think all anyone is saying is let the investigation take its course. See what shakes out before passing judgement on it.

WISfinfan13
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
From the 911 calls, and the neighbor hearing CH say "if you leave, Im gunna jump off this truck and kill myself" sounds like this man in fact still had some serious issues.

greasyObnoxious
12-18-2009, 09:23 AM

in a US court, you might be able to sneak out with that

Vaark
12-18-2009, 09:41 AM
rEgardless of how they got to this place, it's still damn tragic for the kids

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/12/5mgiw-1.jpg

Ricky4Life
12-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I fell for his family and the situation they have now. But Chris Henry has not been the most stable person in his life time, with his prior acts. Have to agree with Goon on this, it seems that the wife was showing that she was fleeing for her and the kids lives.

AllFinsAllDay
12-18-2009, 11:37 AM
There are two types of people in this world when dealing with death. The ones that are brutally honest come off being as cold and unsympathetic. Then there are people who feel for everybody when stuff like this happens.

Nothing is going to change them its how people deal.

ArmyFin7
12-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Ya think maybe there's a reason the dolphins FO wants high charcter guys who love football??

Look, yea it's a bad thing for his family, but you guys take sympathy to a whole other level around here....THOUSANDS of guys with families die every day....should we have a moment of silence for them too?? It would be awful quiet around here.

Nobody is setting up a moment of silence for my plummer when he has a fatal plumming accident....and he doesn't even have a criminal record.

You want a moment of silence for a guy who has done stupid things his whole life and finally pays for it? No thanks, I'm not buying. It sucks for his kids, but at least unlike my plummer their not going to lose their home and everything else because there is nobody there to work that 40k/yr job....

72champagne
12-18-2009, 11:52 AM
You have genes and the impact of your experiences, at the mercy of incalculable quantum probabilities. People are deluded cultural artifacts, taking a short ride. In other words, you're just as clueless as the next guy so quit kidding yourself. Oh wait I forgot, you can't.

Mcganiel
12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Just google Loleini Tonga, man the girl has a history of domestic violance and alcoholism. The only people who I feel for are the children, may they choose a different path than thier mentally ill parents. Hopefully Dyfuss will step in...

MarinePhinFan
12-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Henry was a thug with a long rap sheet and history of violence.

DUI's, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, assault, hanging out with 15-16yr old girls in hotel rooms and getting them drunk. Even his old college coach called him an embarrassment to himself and the school.

A witness heard Henry yell he would jump out and kill himself if his girlfriend drove off.

This guy shouldn't have even been on the streets much less playing in the NFL.

Now he isn't. Funny how these things seem to work themselves out, huh?

DirkDiggler
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
rEgardless of how they got to this place, it's still damn tragic for the kids

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/12/5mgiw-1.jpg

Really tho, what kind of father figure was this guy or the crazy mother for that case. These poor babies dont have a chance. God bless em.

PhinzN703
12-18-2009, 02:02 PM
A moment of silence is reserved for guys like Pat Tillman or Walter Payton! Dont give me this oh your shocked that I said this. He made a stupid decision and paid the price. What do you expect his wife to do? She feared for her life.

Why silence though? This is a message board, there is no sound. Ever

levv151
12-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Thank you!!! This is the quote of the year!!!! Exactly my point!!!

Note to anyone who reads this post:

Do not ever hire these gentlemen to litigate for you as they received their training from all the fictional and hilarious law dramas on television....and honestly, it's just called compassion and being human...trying to empathize for the ones he left behind, REGARDLESS of the dumb decision that cause his death...so should a mother of an inner-city gang member not grieve for her child b/c of the poor lifestlye choice he made? seriously, if you're posting this to just get a razz out of people, good for you...if you're posting these type of comments because you truly feel that way and have no sense of empathy, may God have mercy on your souls...

DirkDiggler
12-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Do not ever hire these gentlemen to litigate for you as they received their training from all the fictional and hilarious law dramas on television....and honestly, it's just called compassion and being human...trying to empathize for the ones he left behind, REGARDLESS of the dumb decision that cause his death...so should a mother of an inner-city gang member not grieve for her child b/c of the poor lifestlye choice he made? seriously, if you're posting this to just get a razz out of people, good for you...if you're posting these type of comments because you truly feel that way and have no sense of empathy, may God have mercy on your souls...

Dude you live your life I'll live mine. How do you know this man Saw God after he died. Maybe he went south for the winter.

josekareh
12-18-2009, 03:09 PM
May the Lord be with him RIP...

SQuinn17
12-18-2009, 03:19 PM
It's a damn shame that the guy passed away. He seemed to be getting his act together and maturing as a person. But for real, the guy is living today if he doesn't try to hop on the back of that truck.

dolfan_101
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM
From the 911 calls, and the neighbor hearing CH say "if you leave, Im gunna jump off this truck and kill myself" sounds like this man in fact still had some serious issues.

Sounds like rage induced by love, really sad...

ArmyFin7
12-18-2009, 06:05 PM

Sure, makes sense for her to do it....the rest of the world could care less...

Swantoon
12-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I can understand not caring that the guy died. After all none of us knew him (I assume). But I don't think you can say he deserved to die. We didn't know the guy and all we have heard about him is his rap sheet. He had issues, he had problems, but IMO he did not deserve to die. I feel bad for everyone involved.

JCane
12-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Chris Henry made some awful decisions in his life. He wasn't the greatest guy in the world. He certainly had some character issues.

But he's still a young human being who had a lot of life left to live and numerous opportunities to made better decisions and improve his quality of life. From what I understand of some of the things I've read and interviews I've heard from former teammates and coaches, he had really made some strides in his life. He definitely didn't deserve to leave this world the way he did.

If some of you can't see that in a time of death, then I trust your closets are empty.

Avigatorx
12-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Chris Henry made some awful decisions in his life. He wasn't the greatest guy in the world. He certainly had some character issues.

But he's still a young human being who had a lot of life left to live and numerous opportunities to made better decisions and improve his quality of life. From what I understand of some of the things I've read and interviews I've heard from former teammates and coaches, he had really made some strides in his life. He definitely didn't deserve to leave this world the way he did.

If some of you can't see that in a time of death, then I trust your closets are empty.

Look, I feel bad for the guy, no one deserves to have their life cut short like that.

But I am not gonna honor this guy with a moment of silence (if there even is such a thing on an internet message board.)

Buff
12-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Personally, I have no sympathy for the missus or him. The kids yes, but those two, nope. The kids more than likely would have had a crappy life being raised by two dysfunctional units like these two, (and before someone jumps down my throat) I see this type of behaviour, the results of dysfunctional parents trying to raise kids & failing every time on a daily basis.

People say he was turning his life around...maybe, maybe not. Didn't sound like it by his actions.

Not a loss for sport either. He wasn't a superstar, a slightly above average WR. thats all.

Now, seriously, if Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or some decent role models from the nfl - those that put back into the community as much as they can - were lost in a car acco, then that would be considered tragic or a big loss.

phreak
12-18-2009, 10:51 PM
the world is overpopulated with a**holes, so i say good riddens... hopfully now those kids can be raised by someone who will mold them into decent human beings...

Mako
12-18-2009, 11:18 PM

Best post in the entire damned thread.

My view is this.. If you don't wish to honor Chris Henry's life, and don't want to pay the man respect in death because of the stunts he pulled off the field, that is certainly your perogative. However, there are people in this thread who actually DO wish to do this, thus I think the best course of action for those who feel he was a thug and a goon who had it coming to leave it to ourselves.

AXAFinFan
12-18-2009, 11:27 PM
the world is overpopulated with a**holes, so i say good riddens... hopfully now those kids can be raised by someone who will mold them into decent human beings...

SICK!!! Absolutely disgusting! The bottom line is a man died prematurely and you don't give a ****.

Personally I think CH was a punk but his death was a shock and as a human being I definately feel compassion for him and his family.

When you see a punk like Ocho Chinco crying in an interview it has to get you choked up, unless you're a heartless SOB like some of you obviously are on this board (Dolphin fans or not)

I hope the Bengals can rally and continue to have a great season (as long as it doesn't affect the Fins!)

phreak
12-18-2009, 11:34 PM
SICK!!! Absolutely disgusting! The bottom line is a man died prematurely and you don't give a ****.

Personally I think CH was a punk but his death was a shock and as a human being I definately feel compassion for him and his family.

When you see a punk like Ocho Chinco crying in an interview it has to get you choked up, unless you're a heartless SOB like some of you obviously are on this board (Dolphin fans or not)

I hope the Bengals can rally and continue to have a great season (as long as it doesn't affect the Fins!)
i am heartless... i do feel for his family, but not him... population control as far as i'm conscerned

sbh1602
12-18-2009, 11:34 PM

Wow. So you were never young and stupid. Interesting life, indeed.

I don't condone stupidity, and I'm a big fan of paying for your actions and learning about responsability. But to imply he deserved to die? Jesus, the kid was 26 or something. He was just a ****ing kid, man.

I'm guessing your also not a big fan of second chances. People don't really "change", I'll give you that - but they do grow up. Bad choices do not make you a bad person, just a stupid one... and you can grow out of that. By all accounts, Henry had started to make smarter choices, which would probably be a direct result of learning about responsability; how can you be against that?

Besides, we don't know the particulars. Everyone was ready to jump on Sean Taylor when the news broke out of his death, because it involved handguns and surely HE was to blame somehow. Those people probably felt very stupid a few days later, when the truth surfaced. In this particular ocassion, we have a kid arguing with his future bride. Surely that NEVER happens. And until we know everything, it's foolish to impart judgements based on visceral feelings.

Just a thought...

sbh1602
12-18-2009, 11:42 PM

I don't even think it's a question about what he "deserved".

If you don't buckle up, you have an exponentially higher chance of injury when in a car accident. Everyone knows that. You don't go around and call your grandmother "stupid" and say she "deserved to die" if she didn't buckle up and flew out of a crashing car. You mourn the loss, and while you wish she had done differently, you don't actually blame her for it.

I don't know. It's just a sad event, to see a young kid's life end so violently.

phreak
12-18-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't even think it's a question about what he "deserved".

If you don't buckle up, you have an exponentially higher chance of injury when in a car accident. Everyone knows that. You don't go around and call your grandmother "stupid" and say she "deserved to die" if she didn't buckle up and flew out of a crashing car. You mourn the loss, and while you wish she had done differently, you don't actually blame her for it.

I don't know. It's just a sad event, to see a young kid's life end so violently.
it isn't like he was a passenger... he jumped into the back of the truck while it was MOVING! i can deal with ignorance, but stupidity is another story

Gonzo
12-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty much in line with Goon's view. I keep hearing, "he was on the right track, turning his life around," blah blah blah. Look, either he was going to go to jail for domestic violence, or he was going to get killed by jumping in the back of a moving vehicle. How is that turning his life around? It's yet another in a line of horrible decisions. He had a billion more opportunities than the majority of humanity, and he continuously squandered it, and now it caught up to him. His luck ran out. His decisions doomed him to this or being Lawrence Phillips's cellmate. Unfortunately for his kids, it was this. To take a risk like that, to act like that despite the fact that he had children to consider was extremely selfish.

AXAFinFan
12-18-2009, 11:59 PM
i am heartless... i do feel for his family, but not him... population control as far as i'm conscerned

You don't need to utter another word... "phreak" sums it up pretty good!

CedarPhin
12-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty much in line with Goon's view. I keep hearing, "he was on the right track, turning his life around," blah blah blah. Look, either he was going to go to jail for domestic violence, or he was going to get killed by jumping in the back of a moving vehicle. How is that turning his life around? It's yet another in a line of horrible decisions. He had a billion more opportunities than the majority of humanity, and he continuously squandered it, and now it caught up to him. His luck ran out. His decisions doomed him to this or being Lawrence Phillips's cellmate. Unfortunately for his kids, it was this. To take a risk like that, to act like that despite the fact that he had children to consider was extremely selfish.

I've got to agree with this. Even if he had survived that fall off the back of the truck, it's likely he would have been arrested/cited for domestic abuse and then taken to jail. Given his short leash in the NFL at the time, it's likely that he would have been suspended indefinitely.

He may have said he was trying to change things around, but tigers don't change their stripes. He was out of control in college, and in the NFL.

AXAFinFan
12-19-2009, 12:14 AM
I've got to agree with this. Even if he had survived that fall off the back of the truck, it's likely he would have been arrested/cited for domestic abuse and then taken to jail. Given his short leash in the NFL at the time, it's likely that he would have been suspended indefinitely.

He may have said he was trying to change things around, but tigers don't change their stripes. He was out of control in college, and in the NFL.

Thus he deserved to die!:shakeno:

Gonzo
12-19-2009, 12:17 AM
That's not at all what he was saying. He's saying he wasn't the saint some are making him out to be and the results of his decisions and actions are not at all surprising.

AXAFinFan
12-19-2009, 12:28 AM
That's not at all what he was saying. He's saying he wasn't the saint some are making him out to be and the results of his decisions and actions are not at all surprising.

I'm not saying he was a saint, in fact I said in an earlier post that I personally thought he was a punk but what bothers me is that some on this board couldn't care less that another human being died whether it be stupidity or not.

Whether he was going to turn his life around or not doesn't mean it's a good thing that he's dead!

MarinePhinFan
12-19-2009, 12:34 AM

I will never need litigation.

I obey the law.

sbh1602
12-19-2009, 12:39 AM

And I quote:

"A moment of silence for his family he left fatherless by virtue of a series of bad choices maybe. Him? Meh. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

So no simpathy (i.e. moment of silence) for the kid, because he doesn't really deserve it - after all, he "played stupid games".

Awfully easy to make the inference that he deserved to die...

sbh1602
12-19-2009, 12:39 AM

I obey the law.

Ha. Hahahaha...

phreak
12-19-2009, 12:41 AM

I obey the law.
as the devil pokes his a** with a pitchfork, henry wishes he had obeyed the law too :finnasty: :grim:

Gonzo
12-19-2009, 12:52 AM
And I quote:

"A moment of silence for his family he left fatherless by virtue of a series of bad choices maybe. Him? Meh. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

So no simpathy (i.e. moment of silence) for the kid, because he doesn't really deserve it - after all, he "played stupid games".

Easy to infer when you put words in their mouths (or posts). Lack of sympathy does not equal a feeling that he deserved it. That being said, I see quite the opposite of "no sympathy;" I see vast sympathy for the children his selfish acts left behind.

WVDolphan
12-19-2009, 01:00 AM
I knew this thread would end up here.

JCane
12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I knew this thread would end up here.

Nostradolphan.

:lol:

sbh1602
12-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Easy to infer when you put words in their mouths (or posts). Lack of sympathy does not equal a feeling that he deserved it. That being said, I see quite the opposite of "no sympathy;" I see vast sympathy for the children his selfish acts left behind.

I see. That "for his kids, MAYBE" sure infers "vast sympathy". Gotcha.

Different philosophies, for sure...

Gonzo
12-19-2009, 01:15 AM
I see. That "for his kids, MAYBE" sure infers "vast sympathy". Gotcha.

Different philosophies, for sure...
Indeed, realistic vs. idealistic.

sbh1602
12-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Indeed, realistic vs. idealistic.

Tough reality you live in. Would be awful to live in your world...

Gonzo
12-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Tough reality you live in. Would be awful to live in your world...
Not really. Pretty simple, actually. For example, don't jump in the back of a moving truck during an argument, particularly when you have kids to think about. You want to anoint him as the next Mother Teresa just because he died by his own selfish actions, you go ahead.

WVDolphan
12-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Nostradolphan.

:lol:

That wasnt really a nostradolphan moment. That **** was a lock.

As soon as I opened this thing with the 2nd post, instead of posting that George Carlin joke about the moment of silence I shouldve just simply stated this thread has a future in the depths.

Kinda ironic and fitting. If you ever met Chris Henry, you couldve said the same thing. Ya just kinda knew where it would end up. Something along the lines of what happened.

Not that Im glad that happened to him.

CedarPhin
12-19-2009, 01:32 AM

Completely missed my point there. Nowhere did I say "he deserved to die", you're just making an assumption out of it.

sbh1602
12-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Not really. Pretty simple, actually. For example, don't jump in the back of a moving truck during an argument, particularly when you have kids to think about. You want to anoint him as the next Mother Teresa just because he died by his own selfish actions, you go ahead.

Yeah. Because that's exactly what I was trying to do. Thank you.

Gonzo
12-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah. Because that's exactly what I was trying to do. Thank you.You're welcome.

GoonBoss
12-19-2009, 02:24 AM
And I quote:

That's my quote. No, I really don't have any sympathy for people that play stupid games like;

--Jumping in the back of a pickup pursuing one's fiancee after a domestic.
--Taunting dangerous animals.
--Driving drunk.
--Dealing or buying illegal drugs.
--Gang affiliated activities.

I feel the prizes those people win such as death and/or dismemberment are richly deserved by the participants in said games. For them, I feel they merely got what they, by their actions say they want. I feel sympthy for the ones these numbskulls leave behind by thier stupid, selfish, and sometimes illegal actions.

We only have so many at bats in life. If you strike out too many times, you don't have as many innings left as some do. Chirs Henry struck out for the last time, which happens to people that make choices like his sometimes.

GoonBoss
12-19-2009, 02:43 AM
Wow. So you were never young and stupid. Interesting life, indeed.

I was young, and I was stupid. I made many bad choices in life. I am in my situation because of them. I turned my life around, but, I still suffer for my bad choices. I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me about it. I make thoughtful, informed decisions now, and that started about the eime I was 24. At 26, hell, at 14 or so, I had an idea that jumping in the back of a moving pickup was a bad idea. I also never had poor enough judegment to get arrested even once.

I don't condone stupidity, and I'm a big fan of paying for your actions and learning about responsability. But to imply he deserved to die? Jesus, the kid was 26 or something. He was just a ****ing kid, man.
You certainly come across as a stupidity appoligist. If you put a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger, you deserve what you get. If you jump into the back of a moving pickup truck, you deserve what you get.

In what world is a 26 year old man a "Kid"?

I've stood across the border in an armored vehicle with a 17 year old driver when Sadam was still playing his stupid games on the Kuwait border. That's a kid. 26 years old is a grown *** man.

I'm guessing your also not a big fan of second chances. People don't really "change", I'll give you that - but they do grow up. Bad choices do not make you a bad person, just a stupid one... and you can grow out of that. By all accounts, Henry had started to make smarter choices, which would probably be a direct esult of learning about responsability; how can you be against that?

Why would you guess that? That's pretty silly to assume. He got what? four shots at the NFL after suspensions? Two shots at the Bengals?

How many chances do you think people should get?

I'm not against people learning responsibility. Henry clearly did not.
Besides, we don't know the particulars. Everyone was ready to jump on Sean Taylor when the news broke out of his death, because it involved handguns and surely HE was to blame somehow. Those people probably felt very stupid a few days later, when the truth surfaced. In this particular ocassion, we have a kid arguing with his future bride. Surely that NEVER happens. And until we know everything, it's foolish to impart judgements based on visceral feelings.

You seem to be against holding people accountable for their actions. You keep calling a 26 year old man a kid. I wonder why that is. At no time is jumping in the back of a pickup truck the choice of a responsible person. Nor, by the way, is pursuing a woman that wants to leave after a domestic dispute. There's nothing visceral about holding somone accountable for his actions.

GoonBoss
12-19-2009, 02:54 AM

I would never accept money to litigate for someone but I would to advise someone on how to testify in a court of law.

You obviously have never been before one or your would recognize the key points and verbalizations I made that would justify CH's fiancee swerveing to get him off the vehicle then defending herself against charges.

It's much the same process as defending yourself against charges if you have to use deadly force in defense of your life.

I was just explaining how the testimony should go for her to defend herself against charges that may arise.

I find it astonishing our emotions blind you.

Bumpus
12-19-2009, 03:51 AM
I find it interesting that whenever someone dies, people rush to say nice things about them. If the guy was an *******, he was an *******. Death doesn't make you a good person.

MarinePhinFan
12-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Ha. Hahahaha...

It's not hard to stay out of jail or handcuffs.

phreak
12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
It's not hard to stay out of jail or handcuffs.
it is if you are a degenerate a**hole

levv151
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM

so if population control ever comes around and eliminates all who have lack of empathy, I take it you won't be begging for your life then as your population control model should hold true...