PDA

View Full Version : Snowstorm this weekend

PhinzN703
12-18-2009, 10:06 AM
8-12 inches of snow expected here. How about you? :hump:

Bumpus
12-18-2009, 11:02 AM
I heard that we're supposed to get hit here too, but I haven't heard how much.

:woot:
Bring it! I love snow!

PhinzN703
12-18-2009, 08:01 PM
14-20 inches expected here now :)

JCane
12-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm currently snowed in under a whole inch of snow. Seriously, an inch of snow has crippled this town.

JCane is NOT built for the cold and snow. I knew I should have gone back to Florida this morning before the rain and sleet came. I'm really regretting that decision now.

PhinzN703
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm currently snowed in under a whole inch of snow. Seriously, an inch of snow has crippled this town.

JCane is NOT built for the cold and snow. I knew I should have gone back to Florida this morning before the rain and sleet came. I'm really regretting that decision now.

Whereabouts are you man?

JCane
12-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Greenville, South Carolina. Apparently we're at three inches now. Ridiculous.

PhinzN703
12-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Greenville, South Carolina. Apparently we're at three inches now. Ridiculous.

Is that uncommon for the area? We're supposed to get 1-2 feet now here :hump:

JCane
12-18-2009, 09:52 PM
We usually get snow maybe once a year but never this early in the winter. And it's usually gone by the next day. Looks like this one might stick around for a bit.

WVDolphan
12-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Ive got a great story for you guys. Its quite long but, maybe I will post it. There is a ****LOAD of snow that came down here in just a few hours span. The roads were complete chaos. I mustve passed over 50 cars and trucks that were either crashed or pulled off and stuck along the side of the road and interstate in just a short trip earlier. I had never seen anything like it.

PhinzN703
12-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Ive got a great story for you guys. Its quite long but, maybe I will post it. There is a ****LOAD of snow that came down here in just a few hours span. The roads were complete chaos. I mustve passed over 50 cars and trucks that were either crashed or pulled off and stuck along the side of the road and interstate in just a short trip earlier. I had never seen anything like it.

Is this today's storm or are you talking about another time?

WeVie
12-19-2009, 08:34 AM

Same here. It took me over two and a half hours to get home from work. It's a 50 minutes drive most of the time.

I told my wife if it started snowing to leave work and go home as soon as it started. She didn't. It took her an hour and a half to drive about 20 miles and then was unable to get all the way home. I had our 4x4. She was in the VW Passat.

We have over a foot here now.

poornate
12-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Definitely have a foot or more here now... and it is steady coming down...

Clipse
12-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Wooo, Virginia is hit hard as ****. A good 16-18 inches or so here in the Roanoke/Franklin County/Smith Mountain Lake area.

PhinzN703
12-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Not sure how deep it is out there now but later on I'm going go out and take a look around. Should definitely be over 12"

WVDolphan
12-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Same here. It took me over two and a half hours to get home from work. It's a 50 minutes drive most of the time.

I told my wife if it started snowing to leave work and go home as soon as it started. She didn't. It took her an hour and a half to drive about 20 miles and then was unable to get all the way home. I had our 4x4. She was in the VW Passat.

We have over a foot here now.

It took me two hours to take a normal 30 minute trip yesterday starting at 4pm.

It would have taken longer had I not weaved through about a mile of traffic on the interstate. I drove on the shoulder and in between 2 lanes of cars sitting still.

When I got to the front of the line I realized the reasoning for the standstill. Everyone was stopped because of two 18 wheelers that had crashed and were blocking the road. I went right through:lol:.

Otherwise I couldve sat there for hours like the morons who were just sitting there. I saw an opening and squeezed through.

It was hillarious passing all of the cars by going in between the two rows. I bet the people were sitting there thinking Im an idiot, but I got home. It was a tight fit between the two wrecked trucks. Then we passed at least 30 cars crashed along the side of the road in a 2 mile stretch of interstate.

At one point, I stopped the car because I was going to give these people my cell number and ask them to call me when the next car comes by. Wondering if anyone followed my lead and went through that tight spot the 18 wheelers left. **** waiting in that traffic. Im going the **** home. :lol:

Just looking on my porch right now there is at least 2 feet of snow. Biggest storm I have seen in a while.

FinFrenzy
12-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Yea it's getting prrrreeettttyy chilly here, were only slowly climbing into the 60's in Tampa Florida.....Brrrrr :lol:

On a serious note I wish we would get snow for 1 day only...

Nublar7
12-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Snowing like crazy here. Supposed to end up with at least 12" maybe more.

PhinzN703
12-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Yea it's getting prrrreeettttyy chilly here, were only slowly climbing into the 60's in Tampa Florida.....Brrrrr :lol:

On a serious note I wish we would get snow for 1 day only...

Here, I'll throw a snowball down your way. Go long! ;)

poornate
12-19-2009, 02:24 PM
17" and still falling hard...

Bumpus
12-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Grrr ... Only about 2-3 inches in Wheeling so far. Dammit! Gimme more!

... It is still coming down, though.

fleetwoodolfan
12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
In Pennsylvania right now, the "weather outside is frightful". I think being under a palm tree, in a warm climate, "would be soooo delightful".

Sorry, when it gets like this I start drinking early. There's no penalty here for shoveling snow while under the influence.

JCane
12-19-2009, 03:51 PM
The snow is gooooooooooooooooone! I can leave the house now!

John Biello
12-19-2009, 06:53 PM
working overnight shift in the factory tonight, glad i bought a 4x4 truck when i moved back up here to rhode island. be safe on the roads guys gonna be a big one!

Ricky4Life
12-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Don't snow here to much in Phoenix. lol Have to head to northern AZ if you want to see any of that.

WeVie
12-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I awake this morning to another 3 or 4 inches of snow. We now have at least 18 inches now.

PhinzN703
12-20-2009, 05:58 PM
We ended with around 19 inches of snow. Our parking lot was horrid to dig out

Bumpus
12-20-2009, 10:26 PM
:(
Weak! Wheeling got hit with a whopping 3 inches, and half of that melted today.