PDA

View Full Version : Parcells and Ireland at Miami H-Canes Practice.

Oraclepz
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-miami-practiceguests&prov=ap&type=lgns

A-Rod also at the practice. But i wonder who they are scouting?

ckparrothead
12-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Jimmy Graham

Clipse
12-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Jimmy Graham
A man can dream. As much as they preach about the trenches I would assume Orlando Franklin and Jason Fox as well. I'm sure they have their eyes on Allan Bailey and Marcus Forston for the future.

Tunaphish429
12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Maybe Sharpton?

Tunaphish429
12-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Jimmy Graham

He drops alot of balls. and is 25

I hate drafting ppl that old

JCane
12-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Sharpton hasn't even made a decision that he's turning pro yet. He won't make anything known until after the bowl game. I'll find out more about that when I get to Orlando next week and speak with his father.

I have confirmed that Parcells was asking specifically about Jimmy Graham after the practice. Obviously he was scouting the entire practice but he is specifically interested in Jimmy Graham. And I have a hard time believing that Jimmy Graham is 25 as a true senior.

Parcells was not watching Fox as Fox is not practicing with the team. He was in t-shirt and shorts yesterday with a large brace on his knee. Allen Bailey will return next season. I'm sure Parcells watched a lot of Allen Bailey because no one shows up to Greentree and doesn't watch Allen Bailey. Dude is a FREAK.

X-Pacolypse
12-24-2009, 12:23 PM

He went to Miami, not Dorkwuss Prepatory School (BYU)

JCane
12-24-2009, 12:25 PM
He went to Miami, not Dorkwuss Prepatory School (BYU)

And by the way, he doesn't drop a lot of balls. I don't know where that came from. He dropped a couple of big ones against Virginia Tech early in the season but I'll give him a pass. Basketballs aren't generally wet lmao.

After that game, that dude caught everything thrown at him. I couldn't understand our offensive philosophy later in the season when we seemed to be determined to throw it deep down the sidelines instead of hitting Graham over the middle the way we had done so well early in the season.

VT Dolphan
12-24-2009, 12:44 PM
And by the way, he doesn't drop a lot of balls. I don't know where that came from. He dropped a couple of big ones against Virginia Tech early in the season but I'll give him a pass. Basketballs aren't generally wet lmao.

After that game, that dude caught everything thrown at him. I couldn't understand our offensive philosophy later in the season when we seemed to be determined to throw it deep down the sidelines instead of hitting Graham over the middle the way we had done so well early in the season.

I was going to ask if that was Graham who dropped those passes. I remembered one guy dropping two critical passes that basically put the game out of reach (:)). I realize the weather conditions were less than ideal to say the least, but those aren't the hands you want from a TE.

JCane
12-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I was going to ask if that was Graham who dropped those passes. I remembered one guy dropping two critical passes that basically put the game out of reach (:)). I realize the weather conditions were less than ideal to say the least, but those aren't the hands you want from a TE.

You gotta understand though, the dude hadn't played a down of football since his high school days before this season. He has GREAT hands. Basketball players have great hands. But considering the elements and his rust, I'll give him a pass. I've seen Graham up close and personal in practices both basketball and football. That dude has great hands. There's no question.

VT Dolphan
12-24-2009, 12:59 PM
You gotta understand though, the dude hadn't played a down of football since his high school days before this season. He has GREAT hands. Basketball players have great hands. But considering the elements and his rust, I'll give him a pass. I've seen Graham up close and personal in practices both basketball and football. That dude has great hands. There's no question.

I guess the question at this point becomes, would you be willing to spend a second rounder on someone so unpolished? Everyone knows he'll tear up the combine and raise his stock significantly, probably much higher than it should actually be. Is his blocking up to the Parcells standard?

I'd be ok with drafting Gresham assuming he's healed nicely. But I think our holes on defense are much more important to address than spending a luxury pick on a developmental player.

JCane
12-24-2009, 01:03 PM
I guess the question at this point becomes, would you be willing to spend a second rounder on someone so unpolished? Everyone knows he'll tear up the combine and raise his stock significantly, probably much higher than it should actually be. Is his blocking up to the Parcells standard?

I'd be ok with drafting Gresham assuming he's healed nicely. But I think our holes on defense are much more important to address than spending a luxury pick on a developmental player.

No. Absolutely not. Graham doesn't warrant a second round pick. But I've been saying since the Clemson game that he's worth a fourth rounder and could slide into the third if he's impressive at the combine. He's unpolished but he's done very well considering. He's very coachable and works very hard. Our coaches could take this kid and do great things with him.

Ricky4Life
12-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Interesting JCane, we are very well in need of a TE, but if is drafted by us, who do you think he replaces?? I know we have Fasano, Haynos, Sperry, Nalbone and I believe there is still someone on the IR that we took off the Titans or Ravens practice squad??

JCane
12-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Joey Haynos would be gone.

NIXFINS
12-25-2009, 01:00 AM
I also find it hard to believe that Jimmy is 25, but can't find his age anywhere?

JCane
12-25-2009, 01:04 AM
I can't find it anywhere online. If it wasn't Christmas I'd call and find out for certain. He signed his LOI with Miami immediately out of high school. He had to be 19 at the oldest. My guess is that after four years in college he's 23 at the oldest today.

Clipse
12-25-2009, 02:20 AM
Sharpton hasn't even made a decision that he's turning pro yet. He won't make anything known until after the bowl game. I'll find out more about that when I get to Orlando next week and speak with his father.

I have confirmed that Parcells was asking specifically about Jimmy Graham after the practice. Obviously he was scouting the entire practice but he is specifically interested in Jimmy Graham. And I have a hard time believing that Jimmy Graham is 25 as a true senior.

Parcells was not watching Fox as Fox is not practicing with the team. He was in t-shirt and shorts yesterday with a large brace on his knee. Allen Bailey will return next season. I'm sure Parcells watched a lot of Allen Bailey because no one shows up to Greentree and doesn't watch Allen Bailey. Dude is a FREAK.
WOOO! Thank god. At 6'8" and to be that athletic, Graham has the potential to be something special. And yes, Allan Bailey is a beast!

Clipse
12-25-2009, 02:23 AM

Drops a lot of balls? Err? I watched every Canes game this year so not sure what drop problem you're talking about. If you're talking about 2 drops in the VT game where everyone was playing like ****, not to mention the poor weather conditions, then that's pretty ridiculous to go off that one game.

Clipse
12-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Interesting JCane, we are very well in need of a TE, but if is drafted by us, who do you think he replaces?? I know we have Fasano, Haynos, Sperry, Nalbone and I believe there is still someone on the IR that we took off the Titans or Ravens practice squad??
Haynos is a FA, I would assume he'd be gone, since we still have a great blocker in Fasano who is at least decent in the passing game.

Clipse
12-25-2009, 02:27 AM
I can't find it anywhere online. If it wasn't Christmas I'd call and find out for certain. He signed his LOI with Miami immediately out of high school. He had to be 19 at the oldest. My guess is that after four years in college he's 23 at the oldest today.
If you can find that out, I would greatly appreciate it. I find it hard to believe he's 25, but can't find anything online stating his age.

MiamiDolfan85
12-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Jimmy Graham
Colin McCarthy looks to be a good SOLB,so maybe their looking in on him.Theres also prospects coming out of the U in a few eyars,so maybe their seeing who they can snag out of their own back yard.Also available are Eric Moncor,Philips,etc.

really cant wait til Telemarque and Ray Ray step onto the scene.....gonna be the best tandem in all of college football.

anyone know what grade Calais Campbells brother in?

MiamiDolfan85
12-25-2009, 09:54 AM
looks like Sperry was just a player to get us through the season,if true.Jimmy's possibilities would be to great not to look into,and if established his full potential,a number 1 WR is no longer neccessary.So long as we add an accountable deep threat(the opposite of Ginn),we would be pretty much set on offense......though with Ricky setting to retire in a year,and Ronnie only coming back for one more also,a developing RB would be ideal in the late rounds as well....

Ricky4Life
12-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Haynos is a FA, I would assume he'd be gone, since we still have a great blocker in Fasano who is at least decent in the passing game.

So is Fasano, just saying, but I think JCane and you are right. He could be the odd man out, given Jimmy's size.

JCane
12-25-2009, 11:23 AM
So is Fasano, just saying, but I think JCane and you are right. He could be the odd man out, given Jimmy's size.

If both players are Free Agents at the end of the season, then it makes sense to let the guy with less skills and less upside go. Anthony Fasano can still be a very productive Tight End in this league one Henne settles in and cuts down on his mistakes. Fasano is certainly in the right kind of system.

hooshoops
12-25-2009, 11:51 AM
i saw graham had 14 catches on the season...that averages out to just over 1 per game

JCane
12-25-2009, 12:04 PM
i saw graham had 14 catches on the season...that averages out to just over 1 per game

Numbers tell me **** about ****.

We're talking about Randy Shannon and the Miami Hurricanes and their inconsistency. But that's a whole other topic because I hate to think how scary that Miami offense could be if Randy Shannon had a football IQ greater than a lampshade.

JCane
12-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Watch this video. Jimmy is the the last man on the line on the left. Watch how well Jimmy Graham releases from the line and immediately attacks the middle of the field in the red zone. Jacory doesn't throw a great ball either. Graham slows his route makes the catch and turn and takes licks getting in the end zone.

57JdoMaWLw8

hooshoops
12-25-2009, 12:22 PM
you guys have peaked my interest enough that i will be watching graham very closely in the bowl game

i can tell you that i'm a huge hoops fan and if i'm not mistaken graham played a full 4 years of hoops for the canes before going to football for 1 year this season...so it is likely that he's older than most the others in the senior nfl draft class...

is he 25??? i don't know...but i'd say 24 is very possible at least

JCane
12-25-2009, 12:29 PM
He only spent four years in college. Not five. The thing is, college eligibility runs thru the end of the year and that's how Jimmy could play football. He can't be 25. Like I said, he signed his LOI with Miami immediately out of high school. He was at the very oldest 19. I just find it hard to believe that a guy getting college scholarship got into a school like Miami as a 20 year-old Senior. He did play basketball all four years at Miami and he was our most physical player along with Dwayne Collins. He knows how to bang around with the best of them and he was a rebounding machine. With Graham, one you get in the red zone, at 6'8 you just gotta toss the ball up and let Jimmy go get it. Think about how much of a difference 6'8 makes in the red zone when most defenders will be giving up six or so inches.

Austin Tatious
12-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Hooshoops, who is your team in basketball?

JCane
12-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Hooshoops, who is your team in basketball?

My guess is the Hoos of Virginia lol.

CedarPhin
12-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Graham would be a nice pickup and would give Henne a good target all over the field. Another guy that I think is a bit underrated is Pitta from BYU. He tore it up in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Ricky4Life
12-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Watch this video. Jimmy is the the last man on the line on the left. Watch how well Jimmy Graham releases from the line and immediately attacks the middle of the field in the red zone. Jacory doesn't throw a great ball either. Graham slows his route makes the catch and turn and takes licks getting in the end zone.

57JdoMaWLw8

Very interesting sir.

hooshoops
12-26-2009, 12:31 AM
My guess is the Hoos of Virginia lol.

yeah that's right and i know the game well...not sure what's funny about that other than uva hasn't been worth talking about in football or hoops in a while...but neither has miami til of late

anyways...at least you recognized that the hoos is for wahoos...so many people want to lump me in with the indiana hoosiers

JCane
12-26-2009, 12:34 AM
yeah that's right and i know the game well...not sure what's funny about that other than uva hasn't been worth talking about in football or hoops in a while...but neither has miami til of late

anyways...at least you recognized that the hoos is for wahoos...so many people want to lump me in with the indiana hoosiers

It's funny because the guy asking didn't know and it's in your name. Understandable though. A lot of people don't. And honestly, I didn't know until last season when I was in Charlottesville for the Miami - Virginia game and I see Hoos this and Hoos that everywhere and people in the Buffalo Wild Wing talking about the Hoos. I had to ask around and never really got a solid explanation of the origin of the name.

hooshoops
12-26-2009, 12:35 AM

57JdoMaWLw8

regarding this video he's barely chipped at the los but i do like how explosive he is getting into the 2nd level of the defense...

show me some video of him as an in line blocker or taking on a real block attempt and getting off the line

also...is graham gonna be a participant at the senior bowl??? if so that will be a look i really look forward to...1 on 1 blocking and pass catching drills

i will say i love the basketball background...athletic tes usually come from a hoops background and the size is very nice...

JCane
12-26-2009, 12:39 AM
regarding this video he's barely chipped at the los but i do like how explosive he is getting into the 2nd level of the defense...

show me some video of him as an in line blocker or taking on a real block attempt and getting off the line

also...is graham gonna be a participant at the senior bowl??? if so that will be a look i really look forward to...1 on 1 blocking and pass catching drills

To be honest, I was lucky to find that video. Most of Jimmy Graham on YouTube are his basketball highlights unfortunately. And I do believe he'll be at the Senior Bowl. Also, Tuesday night on ESPN at 8:00PM. I'll be in attendance for that as well. If I can get a sideline pass I'll try and get some pics and videos. The guy upclose is just massive.

hooshoops
12-26-2009, 12:46 AM
you can't hide much at the senior bowl practices at te...you got to take on lbs in pass rush drills 1 on 1 you got to show you can handle bigger guys in pass pro

watching brandon pettigrew just maul the likes of mauluga and other highly rated players in pass pro drills sold me he was the cream of the crop as an all around te in last years draft...

i think graham is gonna show explosive pass recieving skills but struggle with the in line blocking and pass pro drills 1 on 1...but all he really needs to do is show upside in that dept and something teams can build on

if he doesn't struggle look out...cause that will be one high rising te talent