PDA

View Full Version : Some fans just need to quit being fans

madmic21
12-27-2009, 06:19 PM
I know that this season didn't go like many of us would have liked, or for that matter the way it should but there are way to many maniacs on this site. At best we are going to be .500 with basically a first year quarterback, injuries to our best CB, Quarterback, Running Back, Rookies at both corner positions, a young developing WR core, ect. We also had a very tough schedule. And if I remember right I think we were something like 1-15 a couple of years ago!!! A good number of teams and their fans would love to be able to say at the end of this year that... We won our division last year, we had a .500 season this year, we have a young talented core of players, a competant young quarterback, a good offensive and defesive line, to name a few good things. The dolphins have a good Front Office and coaching staff.

flynryan15
12-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I would much rather have a fan base that get pissed with crap losses that expose serious problems with our team from top to bottom! It is much better then a bunch of fans accepting mediocrity! I for one was happy to hear the Boo Birds at halftime!

67Stang
12-27-2009, 06:32 PM
There is a difference between being upset/booing and saying this game is over in the 1st quarter, this team sucks, this guy should drop dead....stupid shiz like that.

SebasMiamiFan
12-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I would much rather have a fan base that get pissed with crap losses that expose serious problems with our team from top to bottom! It is much better then a bunch of fans accepting mediocrity! I for one was happy to hear the Boo Birds at halftime!
That's ridiculous. Yes, criticize the team, but don't be whiny. This team is far from mediocre.

dolpns13
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
As I stated in the other, "I accept having a mediocre team and will support this mediocrity" thread

that being said some fans are happy with mediocrity and some are not.. The ones who are not happy with mediocrity and demand changes when things are not working are the realistic ones and laughably, get called out for expressing the need for these changes.. If fans such as yourselves enjoy watching season after season of losing, that is your prerogative, however, I do not and have just as much to say this team sucks as you have to say it is a good team (which realistically it is not)..

And FYI - 2008 is over and has been for exactly 324 days which was when we won the division.. You bringing up 2008 and winning the division proves your acceptance to this mediocrity and unfortunately shows you will accept ill improvement.

flynryan15
12-27-2009, 06:36 PM
There is a difference between being upset/booing and saying this game is over in the 1st quarter, this team sucks, this guy should drop dead....stupid shiz like that.

Come on now Stang we were down 27-0 with about 5 mins to play in the first half. This was a home game with a chance to make the playoffs, that thrashing makes everyone on the Dolphins payroll open to the you SUCK label!! These guys get paid a Kings Ransom to play a game and to show up like that, well they deserve every lump of crap any fan throws at them!

pags77
12-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Seriously, you always get a bunch of emotional over- reaction after losses with passionate fans. This team went to the playoffs last year by turning the ball over the fewest times in the NFL and by NOT letting the other teams offense explode for big plays all over the field, barring the loss to the Cardinals in Arizona. We also had a very weak schedule last year. This year, the strength of schedule flipped, our turnover ration was much worse (negative numbers I would have to guess), and we had a bunch of injuries limit what we could do. Next year if this franchise doesn't make moves to make themselves into serious playoff contenders, we all have a right to be pissed!

Imperium
12-27-2009, 06:37 PM
You know, I dont disagree with much of your post but yet with all that, this team was still in a postilion to make the playoffs down the stretch. We lost very winnable games the last two weeks.

I wouldn't mind the losses as much if we played well and just lost to superior teams,but that's hardly been the case. Too many mistakes spread out over the offense, defense and coaching staff. There certainly are good things to take away from this season, most notably Henne but I'm very frustrated at the missed opportunities. Silver linings are best left for the off season.

madmic21
12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
As I stated in the other, "I accept having a mediocre team and will support this mediocrity" thread

that being said some fans are happy with mediocrity and some are not.. The ones who are not happy with mediocrity and demand changes when things are not working are the realistic ones and laughably, get called out for expressing the need for these changes.. If fans such as yourselves enjoy watching season after season of losing, that is your prerogative, however, I do not and have just as much to say this team sucks as you have to say it is a good team (which realistically it is not)..

And FYI - 2008 is over and has been for exactly 324 days which was when we won the division.. You bringing up 2008 and winning the division proves your acceptance to this mediocrity and unfortunately shows you will accept ill improvement.

My point is that if you expect a it to be all gravy you are setting yourself for disappointment. Reality is that there are going to be more mediocre years than good ones. And Griping the whole time is insanity.

dolpns13
12-27-2009, 06:43 PM
My point is that if you expect a it to be all gravy you are setting yourself for disappointment. Reality is that there are going to be more mediocre years than good ones. And Griping the whole time is insanity.

I expect a competitive team that shows improvement each week from the players to the coaches and coordinators.. That is something I have not seen in weeks. This is a team that plays awesome one week, and follows it by getting blown out the next week.. Then in a press conference, our head coach (who I am not protesting to be fired), tells us all the improvements that need to be made and will be corrected the following week, just to see yet another blowout, and the same mistakes being made... If we lose, fine, but I want improvement.. Good teams show these improvements, and mediocre to bad teams do not. We (well at least me) have not seen consistent improvement

pags77
12-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Come on now Stang we were down 27-0 with about 5 mins to play in the first half. This was a home game with a chance to make the playoffs, that thrashing makes everyone on the Dolphins payroll open to the you SUCK label!! These guys get paid a Kings Ransom to play a game and to show up like that, well they deserve every lump of crap any fan throws at them!

That first half was as hard to watch as any half this season. We looked and played like ****! However, as was true to form, Houston came back down to earth and their offense did little in the second half. Miami missed it's opportuniites,
1.Bell interception sets up the offense after they scored 7 and they lay an egg. 3 and out and a missed FG (-3 points)
2.A bull**** non-fumble call on a great hit from Davis
3.A called back TD to Ginn on just a thing of beauty, because Polite can't keep his legs from whipping after whiffing on a cut block.
4. A dropped INT from our personal whipping boy, Gebril Wilson.

This team makes too many mistakes, does NOT have enough talent yet, but they do make it interesting.

madmic21
12-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I expect a competitive team that shows improvement each week from the players to the coaches and coordinators.. That is something I have not seen in weeks

I realize that wins may be your only measuring stick. But as far as I am concerned we may have got more from these last two weeks than if we would have wne. Sean Smith got schooled in the first half today, Our young D was confused beyond belief. Yet we responded. I thought we were a 9-7 team this year, with the potential to be a team that made serious imporovements for 2010. And in my mind we accomplished this. Thats most important to me.

dolpns13
12-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I realize that wins may be your only measuring stick. But as far as I am concerned we may have got more from these last two weeks than if we would have wne. Sean Smith got schooled in the first half today, Our young D was confused beyond belief. Yet we responded. I thought we were a 9-7 team this year, with the potential to be a team that made serious imporovements for 2010. And in my mind we accomplished this. Thats most important to me.

read my edit please..

And as I said, I believe we do have upside going into 2010, but for the 2009 season, its of my opinion that we are an average, middle tier team at 8-8

madmic21
12-27-2009, 07:03 PM
read my edit please..

And as I said, I believe we do have upside going into 2010, but for the 2009 season, its of my opinion that we are an average, middle tier team at 8-8

I guess that this is kind of my point. I knew we weren't a contender coming into the season. So I am not disappointed about our year. The first half today, in my opinion, was caused by a young team trying too hard. People were over playing their responsibilities, ect. I think that this team has come a very long way. Teams make mistakes, I watch good teams look like basement dwellers every week. In turn that happens once or twice a year, but it does happen. I believe this team will mature and be a very good team for years to come. And I am going to wait patiently.

Bta72dolphins
12-27-2009, 07:04 PM
it will be ok if we go 8-8 cause i believed we would go 8-8 and if we do with all these injuries it shows a lot of what we will be.