PDA

View Full Version : The Dez Bryant Bandwagon

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Now that the football season is wrapping up and it's looking the Dolphins only have one more game this season it is time to turn our attention to the NFL Draft. The Dolphins should be drafting somewhere between slots 11-15. A lot of speculation will surface about who we will select but for me it comes down to six players who include Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, Rolando McClain, Brandon Spikes, Dan Williams, and Jermaine Gresham. For those out there who love Ndamukong Suh and Eric Berry the fact is that they will not fall to us. There are other quality players like Derrick Morgan, Mike Iupati, Arrelious Benn, Jerry Hughes, Terrence Cody, Earl Thomas, and possibly Golden Tate but our focus needs to be on the six players who I listed above.

Let me plead my case for each player starting with Dez Bryant. Dez Bryant could fall into our laps after being suspended by the NCAA after he had some conversations with Deion Sanders. Luckily a lot of the teams that will be drafting ahead of us have much bigger needs than a Wide Receiver. There are a ton of sexy names such as Miles Austin, Vincent Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Anquan Boldin, and Brandon Marshall but the chances that any of them become available are very slim. The only one I would want over Dez Bryant in the first place is Brandon Marshall. We could focus on a second tier Wide Receiver such as Antonio Bryant, Demetrius Williams, Malcolm Floyd, Jason Avant, or Kevin Walter but none of those would give us that #1 option. An ideal situation of drafting Bryant than singing one of these 2nd tier players such as Antonio Bryant would give us two serious options for Henne with Bess and Hartline working the slot. I am completely unsure on how Ted Ginn Jr. will fit into this teams' plans of the future; I was actually shocked he wasn't used in any "Wild-Cat" formations after Ronnie went down but that is besides the point. Dez Bryant is a top 5 talent in this draft and if he falls into our laps there is no chance we can pass on him.

CJ Spiller is simply an electrifying football player. Whether is returning kicks, returning punts, catching a screen pass, or running a counter Spiller is dangerous. He has world class speeds and despite lacking an ideal built for a running back he can break some tackles along the way as well. Our kick and punt return games are a major flaw of this team and Ted Ginn Jr. was suppossed to be the savior returning kicks but inconsitent is the word that comes to mind. Sure we have Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams but lets be honest Ronnie Brown is fragile and Ricky Williams fell apart when he had to carry the load; Spiller can spread a defense and I look for him to have a big impact at the next level. Unfortantly I see the Browns, Seahawks, or even the Redskins taking an early flyer on this guy.

Dan Williams is a guy who surpassed Terrence cody to become to premier Nose Tackle in this draft class. Williams' stands at roughly 6"3, 330 lbs and has a good ability to shed blockers. Williams is stout aginst the run and uses his hands fairly well. Drafting him in the Top 12 of the draft could be considered a reach but we have seen Paul Soliai really stuggle since being inserted as a starter.

Jermaine Gresham comes off a knee injury that cost him his Senior season but remains the best Tight End in this draft class. Gresham is a solid blocking but his pass catching ability is what seperates him from the pack. Gresham has good speed with his 4.76-4.78 forty range which is accompanied with great route running ability and good hands. Gresham presents a veritcal threat and could become a real cushion/play-maker for Henne.

Let the debate begin who is better suited for Miami's 3-4 Defense, Brandon Spikes or Rolando McClain. Both players would be immediate upgrades and allow Channing Crowder to bump down to Akin Ayodele's position. Reggie Torbor and Ayodele both have been servicable but age and lack of dynamic ability are exposing their weaknesses. Mcclain plays sideline to sideline better than anyone in the country and his football IQ is extremely high. Standing at 6"4, 260 lbs McClain has the ideal size that the trifecta covets in their Inside Linebackers. McClain should run in the 4.65 to 4.68 range and I expect him to be a top 15 selection. Spikes is a more rugged player than McClain. Spikes hits harder than McClain and is the better blitzer of the two. the area where Spikes needs to improve is getting off of blockers. The Alabama SEC title game exposed Brandon Spikes a little. He struggled getting off blocks by Alabama linemen such as Offensive Guard Mike Johnson which lead to a big day from Heisman winner Mark Ingram. These guys are options 2A and 2B in my book.

All six of these guys would make an immediate impact so what route do we take? For me it's Dez Bryant because he is a special talent and we can address the other issues much easier than finding a true #1 receiver in free agency.

Here is a list of free agents that I think the Dolphins will have an interest in....

Wide Receiver
*Malcolm Floyd
*Jason Avant
*Miles Austin
*Vincet Jackson
*Brandon Marshall
*Demetrius Williams

Tight End
*Owen Daniels

Offensive Line
*David Baas-Guard
*Richie Icognito-Guard
*Marshal Yando-Guard/Tackle

Defensive Line
*Johnny Jolly-Defensive End
*Marcus Spears-Defensive End
*Vince Wilfork-Defensive Tackle
*Casey Hampton-Defensive Tackle

Linebacker
*Shawn Merriman-Outside Linebacker
*Karlos Dansby-Inside Linebacker
*Kirk Morrison-Inside Linebacker
*Demeco Ryans-Inside Linebacker
*Thomas Howard-Inside Linebacker
*D'Qwell Jackson-Inside Linebacker
*Antwan Barners-Outside Linebacker

Defensive Back
*Nick Collins-Safety
*OJ Atogwe-Safety

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
I think in Round 2 we focus on an Outside Linebacker. Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp, Von Miller, and Corey Wootton presentting themselves as possibilites. I am not a fan of Austen Lane b/c I think he benefited by playing an inferior level of competition. Sergio Kindle is a guy who can get my attention I just want him to get better against the run.

People in this draft I am not big fans of include Taylor Mays, Jared Odrick, Terrence Cody, Brandon Graham, Greg Hardy, Carlos Dunlap,and Trent Williams. These guy fall into the over-hype category for me.

Guys who I really like as possibilities in Round 3 and beyond.. John Asomoah of Illinois, Nate Allen of South Florida, Jacoby Ford of Clemson, George Selvie of South Florida, Eric Norwood of South Carolina, Quan Sturdivant of North Carolina, and AJ Edds of Iowa.

Allen Bailey of Miami is a guy I could like in Round 1 should he declare. I think with the "U" being loaded with talent like Marcus Forston and Ray Ray Armstrong he returns for a shot at the ACC title. Same goes with Graig Cooper and Orlando Franklin. Jacory Harris should be a legitimate Heisman candidate shall he stay healthy. If Bailey decides to return than the 2011 draft class could be the best we will see in a long time with Michael Floyd, AJ Green, Jacory Harris, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Jonathan Baldwin, Clint Boling,Jake Locker, Patrick Peterson, Joe McKnight, Janoris Jenkins, and Malcolm Williams set to declare.

hooshoops
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
if we lose next week and the teams that should win do win we're looking at pick #12...

i don't necessarily agree that we have no chance at eric berry in that slot given other teams needs but i agree dez bryant needs to be the pick if he's there barring berry on the board.

with a pick that high gresham and spiller may come off my list

ZachThomas76
12-28-2009, 05:31 PM
To the ppl saying rookie wr's dont make an impact, tell that to P Harvin, D Jackson, Bowe or Crabtree. Bryant would give us the threat we need, and Id still go out and try and get another wr in FA. God forbid we have 2 starting quality wr's because Im sorry but Camarillo and Hartline arent that.

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Drafting Bryant might even allow us to move Camarillo for that 5th Round pick we lost to the Chiefs. Dez Bryant, Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Ted Ginn Jr could shake out pretty nicely. Imagine if Patrick Turner could get it together

I could see Gresham falling a bit but not Spiller. Spiller is a special player

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Berry could be there b/c he does lack ideal size for a safety. If Berry and Bryant are there I would be verry happy with either pick. I like Chris Clemons with that said. We need to pick a Strong Safety between Gibril Wilson and Yeremiah Bell and release the other. Odds are that Gibril Wilson is playing his last game as a Dolphin this week. Dropping that INT Sunday was terrible

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 05:39 PM
In my opinion Hartline has made a fairly nice impact. No one saw him being this productive as a rookie.

hooshoops
12-28-2009, 05:42 PM
pick up bryant lose ginn in trade...

but do not pass up eric berry...no way no how

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 05:47 PM
hooshoops,

Eric Berry or Dez Bryant? I like Dez.

ZachThomas76
12-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Even if we draft Bryant, none of Hartline , Bess, Cam or Ginn are legit starting wr's in the NFL IMO. Hartline I cant figure out. Hes better than a number 3, but not good enough to be a #2 at this point. He makes plays, I just cant figure out what exactly he is and where he fits on a depth chart. I could live with him starting if we had a legit threat at TE.

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I think you could innerchange Ginn and Hartline at #2, leave Bess in the slot, and Dez Bryant emerges as the #1.

ZachThomas76
12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I think you could innerchange Ginn and Hartline at #2, leave Bess in the slot, and Dez Bryant emerges as the #1.

I want Ginn gone. Never wanted him here. Whoever is #2, he needs to make plays so whoever is #1 cant be doubled all the time. lol.

hooshoops
12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
berry and bryant are both top guys for me...if i got to choose only 1 it's berry

but with pick #43 or whatever wr would be on my radar

berry and suh are the 2 best players in the draft...period

this defense gets a lot better just by replacing gibril wilson with eric berry...

greasyObnoxious
12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
you speak of other teams having more pressing needs, and i kind of agree, but the thing is, if need doesn't meet value, someone will pick Bryant based on talent. i wouldn't be shocked if KC or Cleveland picked Bryant in the top 10.

ChadHenne
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
You do not pass up on a special talent like Eric Berry's if he by some miracle falls to our pick, period. He is a ballhawk, an extremely hard thing to find in a safety in today's NFL.

I love Dez Bryant, and he is my pick based on who I think will be there, I have been on the Bryant bandwagon since day 1, but if it's a choice between Berry and Bryant, it would take me all of 5 seconds to choose Berry. He's a special talent.

Bryant is a special talent as well, but Berry is the safer bet.

ChadHenne
12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
berry and bryant are both top guys for me...if i got to choose only 1 it's berry

but with pick #43 or whatever wr would be on my radar

berry and suh are the 2 best players in the draft...period

this defense gets a lot better just by replacing gibril wilson with eric berry...

I totally agree. If we are around pick #43, I'd say Tate will be gone, so although I am not very strong in my like for Benn, if he is there, like I would expect him to be, I'd take him if we somehow got Berry in the 1st.

Even though Micah Johnson is projected to be a 3rd rounder, I would actually make sure we got him and take him in the 2nd round if we have that opportunity.

But in regards to that first rounder, you gotta take Berry if given the opportunity, however Berry is more than likely going to the Lions, if he can succeed with the Lions, you will know how special he really is.

Dogbone34
12-28-2009, 06:38 PM
assuming Berry is off the board, my revolving top 5 is now:

Dez Bryant - looks like the real thing and we need a #1

Rolando McClain - perfect fit for our defense

CJ Spiller - we need more spark on offense, he does it all

Jermaine Gresham - solid pick if he starts all 16 at TE for miami

Brandon Spikes/Earl Thomas - still undecided

hooshoops
12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I totally agree. If we are around pick #43, I'd say Tate will be gone, so although I am not very strong in my like for Benn, if he is there, like I would expect him to be, I'd take him if we somehow got Berry in the 1st.

Even though Micah Johnson is projected to be a 3rd rounder, I would actually make sure we got him and take him in the 2nd round if we have that opportunity.

But in regards to that first rounder, you gotta take Berry if given the opportunity, however Berry is more than likely going to the Lions, if he can succeed with the Lions, you will know how special he really is.

detroit is currently pick #2...i don't think there's any way they pass on suh or mccoy at dt if they were there

and i only say suh if the rams took a qb at #1...which i could see happening

houtz
12-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I'd take Berry over Bryant.

With that said I see Berry going in the top 10.

Bryant might be a legit option but McClain might be there as well.

Roman529
12-28-2009, 10:17 PM
If we pick around 12th to 15th I think Dez Bryant will be there and he would be my pick.....I would probably go with Jerry Hughes as my 2nd choice if Bryant is off the boards.

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I won't name any names but I do appreciate the heads up about some of the guys on the other board talking trash about me. It's funny I haven't posted over there in over a year and they still talk about me. I'll never understand it.. The one "expert" from England is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen yet he must be proud b/c his avatar is a picture of him looking like a child molestor. When many of us dream of being Michael Jordan or Dan Marino some people actually dream about being Mel Kiper; spend a ton of energy into watching draft footage and still have no idea what they are talking about. The same guy also said Vontae Davis was overrated.

Roman,

Jerry Hughes is one of my favorites in this draft but selecting him the top 15 could be a reach b/c this draft is loaded with pass rushers such as Von Miller from Texas A&M, Ricky Sapp from Clemson, Brandon Graham from Michigan, George Selvie and Jason Paul Pierre from South Florida, Brandon Lang from Troy, Antonio Coleman from Auburn, Corey Wootton from Northwestern, and Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech. Hughes would be an ideal pick in Round shall he fall. It's hard to tell before the combine but Jerry Hughes sure is impressive

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 10:53 PM
The intriguing thing for me is who we look at in Round 2. Landing one of my big six (Bryant, Gresham, Dan Williams, Spiller, McClain, or Spikes) in Round 1 would make me very happy but who do we look at in Round 2? Wootton? Hughes? Benn? Any chance Brian Price can fall?

I am stuck waiting for January 16 so I can see the complete list of juniors who declare before I star getting into the mock mode.

RealDriscoll
12-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Roman,

Andre Anderson is someone I haven't seen much of but noticed him in you're wishlist. Who does he compare to?

hooshoops
12-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I won't name any names but I do appreciate the heads up about some of the guys on the other board talking trash about me. It's funny I haven't posted over there in over a year and they still talk about me. I'll never understand it.. The one "expert" from England is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen yet he must be proud b/c his avatar is a picture of him looking like a child molestor. When many of us dream of being Michael Jordan or Dan Marino some people actually dream about being Mel Kiper; spend a ton of energy into watching draft footage and still have no idea what they are talking about. The same guy also said Vontae Davis was overrated.

Roman,

Jerry Hughes is one of my favorites in this draft but selecting him the top 15 could be a reach b/c this draft is loaded with pass rushers such as Von Miller from Texas A&M, Ricky Sapp from Clemson, Brandon Graham from Michigan, George Selvie and Jason Paul Pierre from South Florida, Brandon Lang from Troy, Antonio Coleman from Auburn, Corey Wootton from Northwestern, and Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech. Hughes would be an ideal pick in Round shall he fall. It's hard to tell before the combine but Jerry Hughes sure is impressive

i don't like any of those guys other than brandon graham and i like him a lot as a strongside olb but he doesn't fit the height profiles of lbs for parcells...plus another guy i trust says he may be a better fit as a 4-3 end depending on how he looks in lb drills at the combine...etc

check that...i like antonio coleman but the same guy i trust says he also may be a 4-3 end...the combine lb drills are gonna be something i watch with keen interest on these hybrid potential guys

derrick morgan goes top 10 i'd say as a 4-3 end

hooshoops
12-28-2009, 11:11 PM
b/t if we took spikes at #12 my foot is going thru my tv...no bs

mmikel30
12-29-2009, 01:17 AM
To the ppl saying rookie wr's dont make an impact, tell that to P Harvin, D Jackson, Bowe or Crabtree. Bryant would give us the threat we need, and Id still go out and try and get another wr in FA. God forbid we have 2 starting quality wr's because Im sorry but Camarillo and Hartline arent that.or even Hakeem nicks made some real nice plays

mmikel30
12-29-2009, 01:17 AM
i don't like any of those guys other than brandon graham and i like him a lot as a strongside olb but he doesn't fit the height profiles of lbs for parcells...plus another guy i trust says he may be a better fit as a 4-3 end depending on how he looks in lb drills at the combine...etc

check that...i like antonio coleman but the same guy i trust says he also may be a 4-3 end...the combine lb drills are gonna be something i watch with keen interest on these hybrid potential guys

derrick morgan goes top 10 i'd say as a 4-3 endderek morgan will be a beast

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 09:33 AM
I think Morgans game can translate to a 3-4 Outside Linebacker as well. Kid is a trmendous athlete.

houtz
12-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I really, really hope that on draft day we're not sitting there with the 12th pick with Berry and McClain gone and we still go elsewhere in the draft. I don't care who we get in FA if Dez Bryant is the BPA and we still could use a WR I think we take him.

If it comes down to McClain and Bryant I think I'd lean towards Bryant.

ArmyFin7
12-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't think there is any way that McClain gets past the Broncos who are sitting ahead of us with the Bears pick from the Cutler trade.

Barring a trade, I don't see a team that will take Bryant before we do.

ChadHenne
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXYiZjT038&feature=related

Watch this video and tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't want to draft Dez.

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd love to draft him. We need to go into this draft with a Plan A and a Plan B. Plan A would be Dez Bryant, Eric Berry, or CJ Spiller. Plan B would be if all of those players were off the board looking for someone like Jermaine Gresham, Brandon Spikes, Rolondo McClain, or Dan Williams. A Plan C that consisted of Jerry Hughes, Terrence Cody, Brandon Graham, or even Arrelious Benn.

Our needs can change based on what we do in free agency. One position which I think we need to take a long look at is Offensive Guard. Justin Smiley and Donald Thomas seem injury prone. Mike Iupati out Idaho is a guy who could be around in Round 2 who would be an ideal type of prospect for our team.

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 03:27 PM
It's way too early, before the NFL combine, to start really getting a feel of who the Dolphins will be looking at. Right now we all are stating what we wish to happen rather than what we really know.

With that said I think it's safe to say that Wide Receiver, Offensive Guard, Tight End, Running Back, Nose Tackle, Inside Linebacker, Outside Linebacker, Free Safety, and Strong Safety could all be considered needs. I would keep an eye on the following players...

Round 1
*CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
*Jerry Hughes-OLB-TCU
*Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
*Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
*Brandon Spikes-ILB-Florida
*Derrick Morgan-OLB-Georgia Tech
*Dan Williams-Nose Tackle-Tennessee
*Jermaine Gresham-Tight End-Oklahoma
*Earl Thomas-S-Texas

Round 2
*Ricky Sapp-OLB-Clemson
*Mike Iupati-G-Idaho
*Arrelious Benn-WR-Illinois
*Corey Wootton-OLB-Northwestern
*Anthony Dixn-RB-Mississippi State
*Brandon LaFell-WR-LSU
*Daryl Washington-ILB-TCU
*Terrence Cody-NT-Alabama
*Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan

Round 3
*Micah Johnson-ILB-Kentucky
*Mike Johnson-G-Alabama
*Robert Johnson-FS-Utah
*George Selvie-OLB-South Florida
*D' Anthony Smith-NT- La. Tech
*Dennis Pitta-TE-BYU
*Jon Asomoah-G-Illinois
*Dezmon Briscoe-WR-Kansas

I wouldn't limit myself to those guys as that would be foolish but without question these names will be around the combine. the Dolphins could address their Wide Receiver needs in free agency and focus on rebuilding their defense via the draft or vice versa.

The Baltimore Ravens rarely draft off of needs and usually take the best player available approach as seen by drafting Todd Heap when Shannon Sharpe was still on the roster and their philosophy has truely worked.

OrlandoFin
12-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Our needs can change based on what we do in free agency. One position which I think we need to take a long look at is Offensive Guard. Justin Smiley and Donald Thomas seem injury prone. Mike Iupati out Idaho is a guy who could be around in Round 2 who would be an ideal type of prospect for our team.

I agree, I wouldn't be shocked if they shop Carey around this off-season. I think they like both Nate and Andrew Gardner. If Adrew wouldn't have hurt his shoulder he probably would have been a 3rd round pick this year. I could see Nate taking over at one of the guard spots. I know Thomas is as strong as an ox and Smiley is kind of the leader of the group, but if they can't stay on the field they aren't doing us any good.

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I doubt they shop Vernon Carey b/c they just paid him a huge amount of cash. I like Carey a lot and am confused why some are so down on him. I think we are set with Our Center and Offensive Tackles. Our Guards need to be addressed. Justin Smiley and Donald Thomas both have battled injuries their entire Dolphin career.

OrlandoFin
12-29-2009, 03:36 PM
I doubt they shop Vernon Carey b/c they just paid him a huge amount of cash. I like Carey a lot and am confused why some are so down on him. I think we are set with Our Center and Offensive Tackles. Our Guards need to be addressed. Justin Smiley and Donald Thomas both have battled injuries their entire Dolphin career.

I have been a fan of big Vern but I think he looked slow this year. I thought the year before they moved him to LT that he was on his way to being a Pro-Bowl RT, but this year I just didn't see it from him. I was happy they resigned him, but just not sure he played up to his contract this year and with and uncapped year next year if they want to shop him it would be the year to do it.

I don't trust our center spot either. When Grove plays he is one of the best in the game, problem is he has only had one complete season in his career and that worries me.

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Oh the health of entire line minus Jake is reason for concern. They seem very fragile. It's weird because I agree with you on Vernon Carey but a lot of people are claiming he should make the Pro-Bowl; like people who get paid on ESPN.

#1dolphinsfan
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
To the ppl saying rookie wr's dont make an impact, tell that to P Harvin, D Jackson, Bowe or Crabtree. Bryant would give us the threat we need, and Id still go out and try and get another wr in FA. God forbid we have 2 starting quality wr's because Im sorry but Camarillo and Hartline arent that.
I agree i wouldnt mind seeing Antonio Bryant and Dez Bryant as our two starting WRs and then trade Cam and Release Turner and have our WRs
1: Dez Bryant
2: Antonio Bryant
3: Devone Bess
4: Brian Hartline
5: Ted Ginn
And have all 5 active on game day so that ginn can be a Deep Threat and a KR/PR

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Would love that receiver core.

#1dolphinsfan
12-29-2009, 04:06 PM
It's way too early, before the NFL combine, to start really getting a feel of who the Dolphins will be looking at. Right now we all are stating what we wish to happen rather than what we really know.

With that said I think it's safe to say that Wide Receiver, Offensive Guard, Tight End, Running Back, Nose Tackle, Inside Linebacker, Outside Linebacker, Free Safety, and Strong Safety could all be considered needs. I would keep an eye on the following players...

Round 1
*CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
*Jerry Hughes-OLB-TCU
*Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
*Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
*Brandon Spikes-ILB-Florida
*Derrick Morgan-OLB-Georgia Tech
*Dan Williams-Nose Tackle-Tennessee
*Jermaine Gresham-Tight End-Oklahoma
*Earl Thomas-S-Texas

Round 2
*Ricky Sapp-OLB-Clemson
*Mike Iupati-G-Idaho
*Arrelious Benn-WR-Illinois
*Corey Wootton-OLB-Northwestern
*Anthony Dixn-RB-Mississippi State
*Brandon LaFell-WR-LSU
*Daryl Washington-ILB-TCU
*Terrence Cody-NT-Alabama
*Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan

Round 3
*Micah Johnson-ILB-Kentucky
*Mike Johnson-G-Alabama
*Robert Johnson-FS-Utah
*George Selvie-OLB-South Florida
*D' Anthony Smith-NT- La. Tech
*Dennis Pitta-TE-BYU
*Jon Asomoah-G-Illinois
*Dezmon Briscoe-WR-Kansas

I wouldn't limit myself to those guys as that would be foolish but without question these names will be around the combine. the Dolphins could address their Wide Receiver needs in free agency and focus on rebuilding their defense via the draft or vice versa.

The Baltimore Ravens rarely draft off of needs and usually take the best player available approach as seen by drafting Todd Heap when Shannon Sharpe was still on the roster and their philosophy has truely worked.
CJ Spiller if he is drafted in the first round isnt going to live up to the hype he is to much of a Reggie Bush type of RB and look how that has turned out i would rather take a RB in the 2nd 3rd or 4th if we dont resign ronnie RB is a easy postion to fill

OrlandoFin
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh the health of entire line minus Jake is reason for concern. They seem very fragile. It's weird because I agree with you on Vernon Carey but a lot of people are claiming he should make the Pro-Bowl; like people who get paid on ESPN.

Hahahaha, we know the guys on ESPatriot News will do anything to make the Pats look better, so making more Pro-Bowlers out of AFC East players makes them look better...LOL

OrlandoFin
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree i wouldnt mind seeing Antonio Bryant and Dez Bryant as our two starting WRs and then trade Cam and Release Turner and have our WRs
1: Dez Bryant
2: Antonio Bryant
3: Devone Bess
4: Brian Hartline
5: Ted Ginn
And have all 5 active on game day so that ginn can be a Deep Threat and a KR/PR

That would be nice but my concern with Bryant is that in 8 years he has only played a complete season in 4 of them and only had over 50 catches twice. I'd be ok with Miami getting him, but just do not over spend on him. I'd almost rather see Hartline in the #2 spot and look for another speed guy that can be a project WR and a return guy.

OrlandoFin
12-29-2009, 04:14 PM
CJ Spiller if he is drafted in the first round isnt going to live up to the hype he is to much of a Reggie Bush type of RB and look how that has turned out i would rather take a RB in the 2nd 3rd or 4th if we dont resign ronnie RB is a easy postion to fill

I disagree with you there. CJ Spiller is more like Chris Johnson than Reggie Bush. Spiller is the best offensive playmaker in the draft. The guys scores TDs just about everyway a player can. He has scored a TD in every game this year. he has legit 4.3 speed and may be a tougher runner than Johnson. I completely think Spiller is going to be a studd in the NFL.

Put him on a team with a thunder and lightning attack and watch out.

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
I'd love CJ Spiller as a complementro Ronnie Brown. I agree with you're Chris Johnson comparison. His speed is world-class and I would love to see him in our Wild-Cat offense. He is a good receiver as well which means we could line him up and move him all over the place. Not to mention that kick and punt returns are the biggest areas we need to improve.

RealDriscoll
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
For my money the best 5 players in this draft are Ndamukong Suh, Eric Berry, Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, and Brandon Spikes.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2009, 06:24 AM
I think in Round 2 we focus on an Outside Linebacker. Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp, Von Miller, and Corey Wootton presentting themselves as possibilites. I am not a fan of Austen Lane b/c I think he benefited by playing an inferior level of competition. Sergio Kindle is a guy who can get my attention I just want him to get better against the run.

People in this draft I am not big fans of include Taylor Mays, Jared Odrick, Terrence Cody, Brandon Graham, Greg Hardy, Carlos Dunlap,and Trent Williams. These guy fall into the over-hype category for me.

Guys who I really like as possibilities in Round 3 and beyond.. John Asomoah of Illinois, Nate Allen of South Florida, Jacoby Ford of Clemson, George Selvie of South Florida, Eric Norwood of South Carolina, Quan Sturdivant of North Carolina, and AJ Edds of Iowa.

Allen Bailey of Miami is a guy I could like in Round 1 should he declare. I think with the "U" being loaded with talent like Marcus Forston and Ray Ray Armstrong he returns for a shot at the ACC title. Same goes with Graig Cooper and Orlando Franklin. Jacory Harris should be a legitimate Heisman candidate shall he stay healthy. If Bailey decides to return than the 2011 draft class could be the best we will see in a long time with Michael Floyd, AJ Green, Jacory Harris, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Jonathan Baldwin, Clint Boling,Jake Locker, Patrick Peterson, Joe McKnight, Janoris Jenkins, and Malcolm Williams set to declare.

Kindle's strongsuit is against the run.....he's just not quite the pass rusher he's hyped up to be...but he has the athletic ability to develope into one...

His bull rush is better than Orakpo's was IMO....he's not the speed rusher that Rak was...

I think if you try to play him at DE in the NFL and expect him to hold up against the run....well then you may have problems.....he's strong enough to play DE in the NFL he's just too light...

He'll do fine against the run as an OLB in a 3-4 defense....which is where he'll play IMO....Kindle should make one of the easier transitions to linebacker...

OrlandoFin
12-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Kindle's strongsuit is against the run.....he's just not quite the pass rusher he's hyped up to be...but he has the athletic ability to develope into one...

His bull rush is better than Orakpo's was IMO....he's not the speed rusher that Rak was...

I think if you try to play him at DE in the NFL and expect him to hold up against the run....well then you may have problems.....he's strong enough to play DE in the NFL he's just too light...

He'll do fine against the run as an OLB in a 3-4 defense....which is where he'll play IMO....Kindle should make one of the easier transitions to linebacker...

I like Kindle a lot and do think he will develop into a very good SOLB in a 3-4. I have seen his stock starting to slip and many people think he will be there in round two, heck I have even seen a few people have him slipping to round 3 (don't see that happening). I would love to see him slide to round 2 and be there when Miami picks.

RealDriscoll
12-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I do like Sergio Kindle a great deal. Sure he has flaws and might need to add a few pounds but I love him a late 2nd/ early 3rd prospects

mmitro55
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM
I think the better pick would be Benn. Bryant is good, but the character issues may become a problem. I would also say then (as much as I like him) trade Camarillo for a draft pick. But this scenario may not even come up since I feel we will take defense early in the draft. If this happens, I feel we should look at Gilyard from cincy in a later round.

OrlandoFin
12-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I think the better pick would be Benn. Bryant is good, but the character issues may become a problem. I would also say then (as much as I like him) trade Camarillo for a draft pick. But this scenario may not even come up since I feel we will take defense early in the draft. If this happens, I feel we should look at Gilyard from cincy in a later round.

What character issues? I might be missing something but as far as I know the only thing he has done is lie about a meeting he had between he and Dieon Sanders.

I agree with you about Camarillo, but not sure what they could get for him. Believe it or not I saw a mock (can't remember where) that had Miami taking Gilyard in round 1. I don't buy it, but I wouldn't be upset with him in round 2 or 3.

greasyObnoxious
12-30-2009, 01:12 PM

i think the whole character thing is overblown. Bryant hung out with Sanders and lied about it. he made a mistake, but i remember players smoking pot before the combine knowing full well they are going to get tested.

other players had serious questions about using steroids, yet wound up being picked in the 1st round.

Bryant made a poor decision, but i'm blaming Sanders a lot more for messing with a college kid than i'm blaming Bryant for wanting to hang out with a childhood hero.

OrlandoFin
12-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Bryant made a poor decision, but i'm blaming Sanders a lot more for messing with a college kid than i'm blaming Bryant for wanting to hang out with a childhood hero.

Spot on!!!!!! :up:

skipp2myloo13
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
The way i see bryant is this...
Almost every year there is one marque wide out that is slated to go in the top 5. Im talking about your Calvin Johnsons, Crabtrees, Edwards, Williamson, Andre Johnson, Chales Rodges type guys. Some of these guys are cant miss talents-Johnsons and Crabtree. But some of them are the flashy best of the rest type guys. Or the flavor of the month WR. Bryant fits in one of these catagories. He isnt just the best Wide out this year and benefiting from a poor WR class, he is the best WR prospect I have seen in a while. Comparable to Johnson and mabey better than Crabtree (because of his TT O its hard to tell for shore). Bryant reminds me of a mix of Micheal Irvin, Andre Johnson and TO. He is a player you kick yourself for a while by not taking. If he is there, which i kind of doubt he could slip, i would have serious beef with the FO if he isnt selected.

RealDriscoll
12-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Spot on my man