PDA

View Full Version : Draft Beware

Boomer
12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Hello Fineavers - some blasts from the past!

I wanted to hand out a warning; one of the pre-emminent posters here in the FH draft forum is going to another well known Dolphin site and stealing the work of myself, CK, Con and Alen and coming here and passing it off as their own. In a way it's flattering but mostly it's quite tedious. I'm not arrogant enough to think that copying what I write is worth stealing but the others, well....

This person knows who they are and I won't - yet - embarrass them by naming them, suffice to say that I will do if they carry on doing it. I will happily provide evidence both from this year and last where this person was ejected from a similar site for doing the same thing.

It's really rather petty that it comes to this but when you're reading your own stuff back to yourself on another forum, but someone elses name is attached, well...that's awfully dull.

Happy New Year,
Boomer.

ROADRUNNER
12-29-2009, 03:14 PM
thanks man... keep up the good work ps, any tips for our draft picks yet.

Tunaphish429
12-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Hello Fineavers - some blasts from the past!

I wanted to hand out a warning; one of the pre-emminent posters here in the FH draft forum is going to another well known Dolphin site and stealing the work of myself, CK, Con and Alen and coming here and passing it off as their own. In a way it's flattering but mostly it's quite tedious. I'm not arrogant enough to think that copying what I write is worth stealing but the others, well....

This person knows who they are and I won't - yet - embarrass them by naming them, suffice to say that I will do if they carry on doing it. I will happily provide evidence both from this year and last where this person was ejected from a similar site for doing the same thing.

It's really rather petty that it comes to this but when you're reading your own stuff back to yourself on another forum, but someone elses name is attached, well...that's awfully dull.

Happy New Year,
Boomer.

Are they copying word for word?

Like copying and pasting??

Boomer
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey Colin - thanks. Want to see where we end up and whixh juniors come out yet.

Not Verbatim Tuna, but enough so it's obvious, especially given the history.

Tunaphish429
12-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Colin - thanks. Want to see where we end up and whixh juniors come out yet.

Not Verbatim Tuna, but enough so it's obvious, especially given the history.

Linky???

I was acutally thinking about copying your Thread and pawing it off as my own.. :rimshot:

Thought it would be funny

Boomer
12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
LOL.

A link would make it obvious who it was. Trust me that this is the case for the 2nd year running.

lbmclean_sj
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Some thoughts...

2. I find myself agreeing with hooshoops on nearly everything he says. There may be an ILB solution for us in this free agent period, so let's not go nuts over Rolondo McClain yet. And I'm not even saying that as a Brandon Spikes proponent, I'm saying that as a realist.
:ponder:

Boomer
12-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Lol.

BobDole
12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
someone actually cares that much to do this? that's pretty sad. i have a good idea who though.

Boomer
12-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Yep Bob. Very sad.

greasyObnoxious
12-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Yep Bob. Very sad.

hey, look on the bright side. at least one more informed poster :lol:

WelcomeBack
12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Yep Bob. Very sad.

You've turned everyone into Sherlock Holmes attempting to find out. :lol:

ckparrothead
12-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, suffice it to say that as Simon points out, it's tedious when you see it happen. I have no problem when opinions are alike or when you agree, but when you start basically saying exactly what someone else is saying and presenting yourself as an authority, it irks me.

hooshoops
12-29-2009, 06:53 PM
:ponder:

i don't know what you guys are laughing at because it's not me...i call things like i see them...period

PhinsRDbest
12-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Boomer, are you gonna blog again this year for Sun-Sentinel?

PhinsRDbest
12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Oh and Happy New Year to you too

Lord Of Miami
12-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Yep Bob. Very sad.

Does he have the letters R.E.A. in his name?

Nublar7
12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
If there is an issue regarding plagiarism, this will be taken care of behind the scenes. No need to bash people in public, so this will be sorted out appropriately, just not on the forums. This thread is closed.