PDA

View Full Version : Help, please!! CP problems....

inFINSible
11-16-2003, 09:29 AM
All of a sudden my IE is acting up.....sites that I go to everyday are being aborted for some reason.

It started doing it first at one site, I would get a warning box saying that the site (URL)could not be opened by IE and the action was being aborted, and now it's spread to other sites.

When I close the warning box, the site (which seems to load just fine underneath the warning) disappears and is replaced with the standard...Page cannot be displayed...blah blah blah

WTF???

Muck
11-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Do you have the latest virus definitions?? I'd do a virus scan first and foremost. Also make sure you have all the pertinent Windows updates. Might want to clear all cookies and cache too.

inFINSible
11-16-2003, 12:52 PM
two virus scans so far....trend micro and bitdefender.....found two trojans the first time and nothing the second....no windows critical updates missed....cleared all cookies and cache....still having the problem...

inFINSible
11-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Could it be a memory problem?

inFINSible
11-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Panda scan complete....no viruses or anything even suspicious(hueristic scan) found

inFINSible
11-17-2003, 07:58 PM
anybody??????

Muck
11-17-2003, 08:18 PM
What happened with the trojans?? What kind of trojans were they (i.e....what did they do)?? What OS are you using??

inFINSible
11-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Muck
What happened with the trojans?? What kind of trojans were they (i.e....what did they do)?? What OS are you using??

:o....not too sure.....I deleted them......I don't think they were anything major....data miners or something like that....I'm using XP/home

CirclingWagons
11-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
All of a sudden my IE is acting up.....sites that I go to everyday are being aborted for some reason.

It started doing it first at one site, I would get a warning box saying that the site (URL)could not be opened by IE and the action was being aborted, and now it's spread to other sites.

When I close the warning box, the site (which seems to load just fine underneath the warning) disappears and is replaced with the standard...Page cannot be displayed...blah blah blah

WTF???
dude..i have the same problem:fire:

Muck
11-17-2003, 10:53 PM
I don't think it's bad RAM or any hardware problem. Go to Tools....Internet Option....Security and make sure nothing is funky there. Same with the Privacy tab.

Have you tried uninstalling, restarting, and then reinstalling IE?? It's possible that IE has been corrupted.

Muck
11-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Might want to run Spybot before you do both. See if that's your problem.

inFINSible
11-18-2003, 08:34 AM
ran Adaware, spykiller and SearchandDestroy....still not working.

How do I re-install IE, after I un-install?

Muck
11-18-2003, 11:00 AM
You'll need your Windows XP disc. Simply go to Control Panel....Add/Remove Programs....Add/Remove Windows Components. There you click the IE checkbox and it will likely ask for your XP disc.

DeDolfan
11-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
ran Adaware, spykiller and SearchandDestroy....still not working.

How do I re-install IE, after I un-install?

IF, try it on netscape. That's what I do when my **** gets all funky. Matter of fact, I have to use it when I run any javescript. I run xP also, java is turned on but will not open in IE come hell or high water. might want to run defrag too. Sometimes, that clears up ****.

Muck
11-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Beat me to it. :) I was going to suggest Netscape or another browser (hell, that's all I run). Only time I use IE is for testing purposes or sites that don't accept Mozilla/Netscape. I hate IE.

DeDolfan
11-20-2003, 03:43 PM
Beat me to it. :) I was going to suggest Netscape or another browser (hell, that's all I run). Only time I use IE is for testing purposes or sites that don't accept Mozilla/Netscape. I hate IE.

i'm the other way around. I prefer IE, i guess that's what I was weened on and it's just easier, or rather should I say that I'm just more familiar with it. But it sure beats me why javascript won't run on it tho.

Muck
11-20-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm not a programmer or anything like that. But I do know that Microsoft and Sun Microsystems are in a fight right now. And that was causing problems via IE (you couldn't install the virtual machine update from Windows Update, etc). You had to go search high and low for it.

Also, make sure you have Enabled active scripting turned on....tools /internet options/security/custom level

DeDolfan
11-20-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm not a programmer or anything like that. But I do know that Microsoft and Sun Microsystems are in a fight right now. And that was causing problems via IE (you couldn't install the virtual machine update from Windows Update, etc). You had to go search high and low for it.

Also, make sure you have Enabled active scripting turned on....tools /internet options/security/custom level

it's all turned on. But you might be on som'n tho about micro and Sun.