PDA

View Full Version : pick #12 is ours

hooshoops
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
tennessee wins and that matters cause with bullocks injury and age and the other lb being lost to injury mcclain could have been on their radar

bryant
mcclain

get 'er done

FinsFanatic777
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't think either Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain will be available at 12. My preference is to trade down (grab a 2nd), and pick Earl Thomas. Then, trade two seconds to move up and select Jermaine Gresham.

hooshoops
01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
i'm not opposed to earl thomas a little later either...

and if bryant and mcclain were gone i'd agree that trading down might be the best move

miami71
01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Trade up and get McClain! Teams trade up every year to get who they target! Why not us? McClain is worth it!

hooshoops
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
i wouldn't consider trading up unless eric berry fell to like #10...

i'd sit still and wait to see which stud fell to us...and one will at #12...too many teams in front of us have needs we don't like lt 4-3 dt and qb

Aqua and Orange
01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm excited for the combine to see if Golden Tate becomes an option for us. It's so early in the process it's really hard to project where these kids will end up.

Ozfin77
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
i wouldn't consider trading up unless eric berry fell to like #10...

i'd sit still and wait to see which stud fell to us...and one will at #12...too many teams in front of us have needs we don't like lt 4-3 dt and qb

I know they play different positions, but what does Berry have that you'd trade up to get that McClain doesnt?

I'd trade up to get Rolando if he's still on the board around pick 8 without a second thought!

hooshoops
01-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I know they play different positions, but what does Berry have that you'd trade up to get that McClain doesnt?

I'd trade up to get Rolando if he's still on the board around pick 8 without a second thought!

i have berry at one of the top 2 players in the draft available...period so if he fell 8 slots for whatever reason i'd be inclined to take a look and given how poor we are at covering te's and coverage repsonsibilities at fs i'd be interested in hearing the cost...

Ozfin77
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
i have berry at one of the top 2 players in the draft available...period so if he fell 8 slots for whatever reason i'd be inclined to take a look and given how poor we are at covering te's and coverage repsonsibilities at fs i'd be interested in hearing the cost...

Absolutely! I would too....a team would be crazy not to!...lol.

But what does Berry have that McClain doesnt that would make you trade up for Berry and not Rolando?

hooshoops
01-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Absolutely! I would too....a team would be crazy not to!...lol.

But what does Berry have that McClain doesnt that would make you trade up for Berry and not Rolando?

i think if we can get mcclain by denver we got a good shot at him where we are right now...if bryant went early i would consider trumping denver for mcclain...

if marshall gets traded i would strongly consider moving in front of denver for bryant if he was there right before they picked or i would hope mcclain fell to me

ticophin
01-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Guys, I strongly recommend to read CKs evaluation on McClain vs Spikes, on who the best LB could be for us, some pretty interesting argument there.....and with luck, both would be there at 12 (there@ 12)

hooshoops
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
i've read all that and seen all that...i'll take mcclain hands down

Ricky4Life
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Maybe Spikes falls a little and we can trade back. A lot of people want to keep Ronnie but I think he gets traded for a 2nd. Or we trade back.

#1dolphinsfan
01-04-2010, 01:47 AM
Trade up and draft Dez Bryant do what ever it takes the guy is going to be a stud

SRM
01-04-2010, 02:13 AM
So if McClain is gone, and we're up.. do we take Bryant or Spikes? Obviously Bryant is incredibly, incredibly talented, but we need an ILB pretty bad.

#1dolphinsfan
01-04-2010, 02:18 AM
So if McClain is gone, and we're up.. do we take Bryant or Spikes? Obviously Bryant is incredibly, incredibly talented, but we need an ILB pretty bad.
IMO that is a no brainer go with bryant draft Micah Johnson in the second

ZachThomas76
01-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Guys, I strongly recommend to read CKs evaluation on McClain vs Spikes, on who the best LB could be for us, some pretty interesting argument there.....and with luck, both would be there at 12

Brandon Spikes at 12, no thanks.

SRM
01-04-2010, 03:08 AM
IMO that is a no brainer go with bryant draft Micah Johnson in the second

Damn I just looked him up, he seems relentless. What's keeping him out of the 1st round?

PaPhinz
01-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Damn I just looked him up, he seems relentless. What's keeping him out of the 1st round?

I believe he hurt his knee in the Music City bowl and may not be able to work out at the combine or play in the senior bowl or anything. I'm not sure if that's why people are thinking he'll fall out of the first though.

finyank13
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I dont want Dez Bryant, I'm sick of the drafting of WR's they arent playmakers! Either trade the 1st for Brandon Marshall (provided Denver franchises him), or sign V-Jax...but God please no more drafting WR's.....Miami needs an ILB, or someone to play safety...

uʍop ǝpısdn
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately, most of the mocks I've seen have McClain and Bryant (and obviously Berry) being picked before us. Now, of course the real draft could play out much differently, but, if not, who do you think are the next best options?

finyank13
01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
personally I would trade down a few spots to pick up more picks....at 12, teams love it, cuz it is out of the top 10 as far as money is concerned, and as well, 12 is still a very good pick obviously....If Miami could trade down to the 15-20 range and pick up and extra 2nd would be lovely....

BARF
01-04-2010, 10:35 AM
at least we have somewhere in the top 15

finyank13
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
right Miami's pick this year is nice...they have to hit this year's draft big time!!!! No more luxary gamble picks (white), or reach picks (turner) they have to draft guys that are going to make plays, proven playmakers in college that transend into the pro game.....ie ILB/OLB/SS/FS......

at least we have somewhere in the top 15

WelcomeBack
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
I dont want Dez Bryant, I'm sick of the drafting of WR's they arent playmakers! Either trade the 1st for Brandon Marshall (provided Denver franchises him), or sign V-Jax...but God please no more drafting WR's.....Miami needs an ILB, or someone to play safety...

Have you watched Dez Bryant play?

WelcomeBack
01-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately, most of the mocks I've seen have McClain and Bryant (and obviously Berry) being picked before us. Now, of course the real draft could play out much differently, but, if not, who do you think are the next best options?

Me, personally, I'd say Earl Thomas or Derrick Morgan. Maybe Kindle or Hughes or Spikes.

ticophin
01-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Sure Dez Bryant looks awesome, sure we dont have a #1 imposing threat, but after watching Big Ben have a cup of tea before every throw, and everybody pretty much marching down our throats....I want a dominant Defense, a D other teams absolutely HATE to play against.....So Taylor Mays, Thomas, or MClain-Spikes, or even would be my choice...with Hughes-Selvie or a NT in the 2nd...
Also, we might be in a good position to land Tate in the 2nd, that might be another scenario....

SigmaOmega
01-04-2010, 11:35 AM
For those thinking about trading Ronnie, I very highly doubt it. B/c with a departure of Ronnie, we have a departure of Ricky. I just dont think the FO is inclined to do that right now.

miami71
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
C.J. Spiller or McClain should be the pick!

SRM
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Can someone inform me on Micah Johnson? I know we obviously wouldn't be picking him in the 1st, maybe even 2nd round, but I'd like to know the positives/negatives of him.

skipp2myloo13
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Guys i want to slip-Bryant, McClain
Guys i think about if they dont-Thomas, Williams, Spiller, Hughes, Kindle.
Trade down guys-Benn, Tate, Spikes

WOPMasterG
01-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I'd rather have Spikes than McClain, if he is there by the 12th