PDA

View Full Version : With the 12th pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

Arsenal WV
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
The Miami Dolphins select (add who you think we're going to pick)

TERRENCE CODY, DT, ALABAMA

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/t1_cody-1.jpg

The key to any good 3-4 defense is a stud nose tackle and the Dolphins have serious issues at that critical position. Jason Ferguson suffered a season-ending in 2009 and even if the 35-year-old comes back next season, which is far from a given, he doesn’t have much left in the tank. Alabama’s Terrence “Mount” Cody is a 6-5, 365 pound load in the middle and even though he is strictly a one-dimensional run-stopper he has the ability to be absolutely dominant in that capacity. There are serious concerns about Cody’s conditioning, which could keep him out of the first round, but with so many teams now featuring a “30” front there should be plenty of suitors for his services. Also, keep in mind that Bill Parcells is an avid proponent of the “Planet Theory”, which states that there are only so many guys out there with Cody’s rare blend of size and athleticism. Don’t rule out a pass rusher either because both Joey Porter and Jason Taylor are nearing the end of their careers and “The Tuna” has a long history of taking linebackers in the first round. In fact, he’s done it everywhere he has been. Miami still needs to bring in a true #1 option at wide receiver too but you wonder if Parcells could ever bring himself to use his top pick on one.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/ncf_u_tcody1_300-1.jpg

With Miami's second pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, They select....

ERIC NORWOOD, OLB, SOUTH CAROLINA

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Was a three-year starter for the Gamecocks --- Earned 1st Team All-American honors as a senior --- Named 1st Team All-SEC in 2007, 2008 and 2009 --- South Carolina's all-time leader in both sacks and tackles for a loss --- Originally declared for the 2009 NFL Draft but ultimately pulled his name out --- Also a good kick blocker --- Appears to be a DE / OLB 'tweener --- Playmaker who is always around the action and has a knack for shining on big stages --- Best fit will likely come in a 3-4 scheme --- Lacks ideal physical tools but is just a good football player --- Could draw favorable comparisons to James Harrison.

Strengths:
Good bulk with a stout frame --- Strong and powerful --- Outstanding blitzer / pass rusher --- Good tackler --- Nice range --- Does a great job in pursuit --- Plays with terrific leverage --- Uses his hands well --- Good balance --- Instinctive --- Fantastic motor --- Very competitive --- Lots of big-time experience --- Team leader --- Tough --- Durable --- Productive.

Weaknesses:
Shorter than you'd prefer --- Average athleticism --- Is not overly quick or fast --- Does not match up well in coverage --- Lacks great awareness with the ball in the air --- Too aggressive at times --- Some trouble getting off blocks --- Sub par ball skills --- Limited schematically?

Rhody Phins Fan
01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
It would be nice to block a few field goals.

Ozfin77
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I dont think BP will take a guy with weight and discipline issues with the 12th overall selection.

fgrocker
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please don't use the 12th overall pick on a guy who rides the bench on passing downs.

I am hoping soooooo badly that McClain is still there at 12.

AquaAdrenaline
01-04-2010, 12:01 AM
If anything, move up and take Suh, Spikes or McClian.

LikeUntoGod
01-04-2010, 12:04 AM
I thought you meant he was as big as a Planet.............

Quadfather
01-04-2010, 01:14 AM
i know alot of people dont like him, but i really like taylor mays. but one of dez bryant or c.j. spiller would be my pick.

dahlmarino
01-04-2010, 01:21 AM
I think Cody falls to the 2nd. If we can get McClain in the 1st (not exactly a given, I know...) we may have our choice of Cody and WR Golden Tate when our 2nd round pick comes up.

#1dolphinsfan
01-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Dez Bryant

misterx
01-04-2010, 02:45 AM
If anything, move up and take Suh, Spikes or McClian.

to get Suh you have to move to 1 or worst 2

ZachThomas76
01-04-2010, 03:01 AM
i know alot of people dont like him, but i really like taylor mays. but one of dez bryant or c.j. spiller would be my pick.

We do need ILB help, so Taylor Mays is a possibility.

etsudolfan
01-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Rolando McClain, Brian Price, or Mount Cody in the 1st...then Arrelious Benn or Brandon LaFell (if he slips) in the 2nd

miami71
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
McClain= Best LB in the draft. Spiller= best game changer in the draft, Speed and acceleration is unreal!

uga3406
01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
get mcclain or spikes..we need a play making lb period plain and simple

Gordykr
01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I feel sick at the thought of picking Cody at #12 !!! A 2 down player with weight and discipline issues , oh god no !!!!! IMO if were not willing to trade up and McClain is off the board by #12 then we should try to trade down to 18-22 then take Spikes or Earl Thomas(if he declares). Don't see us going WR at 12 unless Bryant's there and after that theres no real value untill Tate/Benn in the 2nd .

Mako
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Benn won't fall to the second round, I'm sure of that.

Anyhow..

Round 1: Sergio Kindle -- OLB, Texas

Round 2: Mike Williams-- WR, Syracuse

WOPMasterG
01-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Eric Norwood would be great! Then again I am kind of partial to the gamecocks so my opinion is kind of biased

MiamiDolfan85
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
The Miami Dolphins select (add who you think we're going to pick)

TERRENCE CODY, DT, ALABAMA

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/t1_cody-1.jpg

The key to any good 3-4 defense is a stud nose tackle and the Dolphins have serious issues at that critical position. Jason Ferguson suffered a season-ending in 2009 and even if the 35-year-old comes back next season, which is far from a given, he doesn’t have much left in the tank. Alabama’s Terrence “Mount” Cody is a 6-5, 365 pound load in the middle and even though he is strictly a one-dimensional run-stopper he has the ability to be absolutely dominant in that capacity. There are serious concerns about Cody’s conditioning, which could keep him out of the first round, but with so many teams now featuring a “30” front there should be plenty of suitors for his services. Also, keep in mind that Bill Parcells is an avid proponent of the “Planet Theory”, which states that there are only so many guys out there with Cody’s rare blend of size and athleticism. Don’t rule out a pass rusher either because both Joey Porter and Jason Taylor are nearing the end of their careers and “The Tuna” has a long history of taking linebackers in the first round. In fact, he’s done it everywhere he has been. Miami still needs to bring in a true #1 option at wide receiver too but you wonder if Parcells could ever bring himself to use his top pick on one.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/ncf_u_tcody1_300-1.jpg

With Miami's second pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, They select....

ERIC NORWOOD, OLB, SOUTH CAROLINA

Was a three-year starter for the Gamecocks --- Earned 1st Team All-American honors as a senior --- Named 1st Team All-SEC in 2007, 2008 and 2009 --- South Carolina's all-time leader in both sacks and tackles for a loss --- Originally declared for the 2009 NFL Draft but ultimately pulled his name out --- Also a good kick blocker --- Appears to be a DE / OLB 'tweener --- Playmaker who is always around the action and has a knack for shining on big stages --- Best fit will likely come in a 3-4 scheme --- Lacks ideal physical tools but is just a good football player --- Could draw favorable comparisons to James Harrison.

Strengths:
Good bulk with a stout frame --- Strong and powerful --- Outstanding blitzer / pass rusher --- Good tackler --- Nice range --- Does a great job in pursuit --- Plays with terrific leverage --- Uses his hands well --- Good balance --- Instinctive --- Fantastic motor --- Very competitive --- Lots of big-time experience --- Team leader --- Tough --- Durable --- Productive.

Weaknesses:
Shorter than you'd prefer --- Average athleticism --- Is not overly quick or fast --- Does not match up well in coverage --- Lacks great awareness with the ball in the air --- Too aggressive at times --- Some trouble getting off blocks --- Sub par ball skills --- Limited schematically?

Brandon Graham,strong-side OLB

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/04/BRANDONGRAHAM2111209thumb330x38615667-2.jpg

we currently dont have one on roster,so he would be a great fit opposite Wake.

WOPMasterG
01-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I really wish Hakeem Nicks was around another year instead of going to the Giants... Love that guy

evansd_3
01-05-2010, 09:11 AM
dez bryant

ArmyFin7
01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Benn won't fall to the second round, I'm sure of that.

Anyhow..

Round 1: Sergio Kindle -- OLB, Texas

Round 2: Mike Williams-- WR, Syracuse

Mike Williams in round 2 would be a bigger crime than White in rd. 2.

Kdawg954
01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
god if we take another mediocre WR in the draft I will be pissed. I don't wanna draft one period, but if we do draft one, please be Bryant, Tate or Benn.

AphexPhin
01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Get McClain or Spikes. We absolutely need a badass linebacker. Or maybe get Taylor Mays.

I just dont think Cody would be a smart pick.

Arsenal WV
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I would like to get Brandon Graham from Michigan. That kid is a playmaker.

If we go Linebacker in round 1, i have a feeling we'll go WR in round 2

If we go Runningback in round 1, we'll go Linebacker in round 2

Arsenal WV
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
www.nfldraftcountdown.com (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

that's a cool website i use to look at players in the draft, rankings, stats and everything,

PhinsRDbest
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Maybe Cody in round 2. But #12 I'm Leaning towards Rolando McClain.

dr.jake
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
cody is a 1st team all SEC selection on D two year running.the others being mcclain and berry. he'll be a player for somebody. not my first choice but the dude is a load.

Arsenal WV
01-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Maybe Cody in round 2. But #12 I'm Leaning towards Rolando McClain.

No way Cody will be there in the 2nd round bro.

skipp2myloo13
01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Get a game changer when picking that early-that means Dez, Spiller, McCalin.

BARF
01-05-2010, 06:41 PM
mcclain will be nice

Arsenal WV
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
So. here's who we think Miami will draft

1. McClain
2. Bryant
3. Spikes
4. Spiller

Pretty much right on the money?

ColonelJ
01-06-2010, 02:28 AM
When it's all said and done, and April 22nd arrives, and all the combines are over, I truly believe that it will be:

1. Kam Chancellor FS
2. Danario Alexander WR yards after catch and height
or flipped

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/fball025f-1.jpg
and then the rest of the defense.

radicalracer34
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM
we need mcclain. this kid is a game changer. he is very physical and manages the game very well. he is not afraid of contact and would do wonders to this defense

ChambersWI
01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
When it's all said and done, and April 22nd arrives, and all the combines are over, I truly believe that it will be:

1. Kam Chancellor FS
2. Danario Alexander WR yards after catch and height
or flipped

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/fball025f-1.jpg
and then the rest of the defense.

I am so glad you are not a scout

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 11:13 PM
lol...that is an AWFUL top 2 picks draft

wow :lol:

Pinkboy
01-07-2010, 11:58 PM
lol @ glass Doll Ginn

CW_McGraw
01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please don't use the 12th overall pick on a guy who rides the bench on passing downs.

I am hoping soooooo badly that McClain is still there at 12.

Do we really need a NT that will play on every down? We've got great depth on the defensive line. Merling, Langford, McDaniel, and Starks all can play inside on those passing downs, while Wake, Taylor, Porter, and whatever pass rusher we draft later can rush from the edge. Cody would turn a solid run defense into one of the best in the league. It wouldn't solve our much larger pass defense problems, but he'd be our rock. If McClain is gone by the time we pick, I'd be happy to see Cody in Miami.

houtz
01-08-2010, 12:19 AM
McClain wont be there I can almost promise you after tonight's game.

Give me Dez Bryant.

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 12:32 AM
lol...that is an AWFUL top 2 picks draft

wow :lol:

Watch them go and do that and go for LBs in the later rounds.

Arsenal WV
01-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Man.

McClain looked like a Dolphin too me tonight.

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Watch them go and do that and go for LBs in the later rounds.

i'm sorry buddy...but that's just cam cameron/randy mueller like top 2 rounds picks imo

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 01:42 AM
How about this draft:

You have Will Allen, Andre Goodman, Y Bell, and Renaldo Hill, and QBs Chad Pennington and Henne.

You draft:
1. CB Vontae Davis
2a. QB/WR Pat White
2b. CB Sean Smith

LMFAO!!!!!

Arsenal WV
01-08-2010, 03:52 AM
How about this draft:

You have Will Allen, Andre Goodman, Y Bell, and Renaldo Hill, and QBs Chad Pennington and Henne.

You draft:
1. CB Vontae Davis
2a. QB/WR Pat White
2b. CB Sean Smith

LMFAO!!!!!

and guess what...Our secondary still sucks!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BARF
01-08-2010, 04:18 AM
the secondary sucked because our front seven did not put any pressure on qb's, yet we finished top 5 in sacks go figure

PhinSoldia
01-08-2010, 05:13 AM
the only person i could stomach is mclain. cody i would quite being a dolphin fan, spikes would be to early and i was REALLLY hopping that Kindle showed his stuff tonight but he didnt and he can be had in the second

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 05:40 AM
i'm sorry buddy...but that's just cam cameron/randy mueller like top 2 rounds picks imo

I will say it again.
I honestly believe that the value in this draft is at receiver and safety for us. Not at DT or ILB. Here is the reason.

The difference between the top rated DT like Dan Williams, and Cody and the 7th rounder like Cam Thomas of NC, or Deadrick of Alabama is minimal in grading or production. All DTs remind me of Terrance Taylor who is riding the bench in Detroit. There is no value in picking DT high. (McCoy will gone in top 10)

The value in this draft is also not in ILBs, other than McClain who is also not a value since he will be a top 10 pick. The difference between Channing Crowder, Akin Ayodele, and Brandon Spikes who is 1-2 rounder, Pat Angerer who is 2-3-4 rounder, Micah Johnson, Daryl Washington, who is 3-4 rounder and Phillip Dillard who may be undrafted is minimal. Here you can look for specific skills, like pass coverage or sure tackling, and get the guy later who fits the criteria.

A better value, can be found at OLB since we have two aging veterans at that position who are not producing their best, but the draft here is very deep and no need to get someone at the top:
Brandon Graham 1st round, Ricky Sapp, Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Eric Norwood, Rodrick Muckelroy 2-3 round, O'brien Schoefield, A.j. Edds, Navorro Bowman, Von MIller, Rennie Curran, and even some DEs who can fill in like Corey Wooten, Greg Hardy, Willie Young, George Selvie, Derrick Morgan, Carlos Dunlap, Everson Griffen, Greg Roemus, Paul-Pierre. That's 20 players that we could draft to fill the spot at OLB/DE opposite Wake or Taylor. The draft is deep someone will be there in the third. And that’s only big names. Moreover, I am not sure how dominant or helpful any of these players can be.

Now, we had problems with the passing game, specifically yards after the catch, and big play ability. The draft is is top heavy in WRs, some very productive wide receivers. The league is a pass happy league and receivers are protected and yet we have not gotten on the boat yet.

The receivers at the top are: Dez Bryant, Brandon LaFell, Golden Tate, Mardy Gilyard, Danario Alexander, Arrelious Benn and then there is a slight drop off to Armon Binns and Dezmon Briscoe, and then the Shay Hodge and some guy named Williams and then goodbye. The difference between the top receivers and some guy in the third or fourth round is huge and there are only what 5-6 receivers. I see the first three going in the top 40, and Dez probably in top 11. The value of drafting a receiver is there since it's a need, the good ones are hard to find, and the difference between the top and mid rounds is large.

Now lets look at the secondary. I know we signed two CBs last off-season and we paid good money for WAllen and GWilson. But our passing defense was atrocious again. Too many big plays over the corners, and too many big plays over the safeties, and through the safeties. Teams that we play have top notch quarterbacks, receivers, and tight ends.

Outside of Haden who will go in top 11, Patrick Robinson, RasI Dowling, Donnovan Warren, Javier Arenas, Trevar Lindley, Jerome Murphy, Kyle Wilson, are all the same guy. The difference is minimal from 2nd to like the 5th round. Just look at the difference between Sean Smith, Lardarius Webb and Lacey at Indi. It’s the same guy. Why draft the guy in the first, unless his name is Haden.

For safeties it's a different story. At the top, you have Eric Berry, Morgan Burnett, Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays, and Nate Allen, and then it drops to Robert Johnson and Darrel Stuckey also. There is great value at safety at the top and we have coverage needs still. The value is at the top.
The value is at the top for wide receivers and safeties for us. And we can get a decent OLB and ILB or DT later without much drop in the value. We can even pick up a decent TE later.

That’s why, I believe that when all is said and done, there will be a safety who will impress with coverage and range and athleticism, and there will be a receiver who will impress that they will be drafted at the top.

It just might be Chancelor and Alexander, but it does not have to be. It could be Earl Thomas and Golden Tate. But the value is there and it's not so crazy to think that it can happen considering our past drafts.

evansd_3
01-08-2010, 09:38 AM
If rolando mclain is there get him, if not dez bryant.we can get mount cody in the secound round.....

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Keep an eye on Earl Thomas at #12. Kid is a legit Free Safety. Not far behind Eric Berry

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Sam Bradford, CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, Russell Okung, Rolando McClain, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Derrick Morgan, and Joe Haden are the best 11 players in this draft. We just need Jimmy Clausen, Trent Williams, Bruce Campbell, or Anthony Davis to fall ahead of us and one of these superior talents will fall to us.

PhinSoldia
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
If rolando mclain is there get him, if not dez bryant.we can get mount cody in the secound round.....

Dont Want him

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I will say it again.
I honestly believe that the value in this draft is at receiver and safety for us. Not at DT or ILB. Here is the reason.

The difference between the top rated DT like Dan Williams, and Cody and the 7th rounder like Cam Thomas of NC, or Deadrick of Alabama is minimal in grading or production. All DTs remind me of Terrance Taylor who is riding the bench in Detroit. There is no value in picking DT high. (McCoy will gone in top 10)

The value in this draft is also not in ILBs, other than McClain who is also not a value since he will be a top 10 pick. The difference between Channing Crowder, Akin Ayodele, and Brandon Spikes who is 1-2 rounder, Pat Angerer who is 2-3-4 rounder, Micah Johnson, Daryl Washington, who is 3-4 rounder and Phillip Dillard who may be undrafted is minimal. Here you can look for specific skills, like pass coverage or sure tackling, and get the guy later who fits the criteria.

A better value, can be found at OLB since we have two aging veterans at that position who are not producing their best, but the draft here is very deep and no need to get someone at the top:
Brandon Graham 1st round, Ricky Sapp, Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Eric Norwood, Rodrick Muckelroy 2-3 round, O'brien Schoefield, A.j. Edds, Navorro Bowman, Von MIller, Rennie Curran, and even some DEs who can fill in like Corey Wooten, Greg Hardy, Willie Young, George Selvie, Derrick Morgan, Carlos Dunlap, Everson Griffen, Greg Roemus, Paul-Pierre. That's 20 players that we could draft to fill the spot at OLB/DE opposite Wake or Taylor. The draft is deep someone will be there in the third. And that’s only big names. Moreover, I am not sure how dominant or helpful any of these players can be.

Now, we had problems with the passing game, specifically yards after the catch, and big play ability. The draft is is top heavy in WRs, some very productive wide receivers. The league is a pass happy league and receivers are protected and yet we have not gotten on the boat yet.

The receivers at the top are: Dez Bryant, Brandon LaFell, Golden Tate, Mardy Gilyard, Danario Alexander, Arrelious Benn and then there is a slight drop off to Armon Binns and Dezmon Briscoe, and then the Shay Hodge and some guy named Williams and then goodbye. The difference between the top receivers and some guy in the third or fourth round is huge and there are only what 5-6 receivers. I see the first three going in the top 40, and Dez probably in top 11. The value of drafting a receiver is there since it's a need, the good ones are hard to find, and the difference between the top and mid rounds is large.

Now lets look at the secondary. I know we signed two CBs last off-season and we paid good money for WAllen and GWilson. But our passing defense was atrocious again. Too many big plays over the corners, and too many big plays over the safeties, and through the safeties. Teams that we play have top notch quarterbacks, receivers, and tight ends.

Outside of Haden who will go in top 11, Patrick Robinson, RasI Dowling, Donnovan Warren, Javier Arenas, Trevar Lindley, Jerome Murphy, Kyle Wilson, are all the same guy. The difference is minimal from 2nd to like the 5th round. Just look at the difference between Sean Smith, Lardarius Webb and Lacey at Indi. It’s the same guy. Why draft the guy in the first, unless his name is Haden.

For safeties it's a different story. At the top, you have Eric Berry, Morgan Burnett, Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays, and Nate Allen, and then it drops to Robert Johnson and Darrel Stuckey also. There is great value at safety at the top and we have coverage needs still. The value is at the top.
The value is at the top for wide receivers and safeties for us. And we can get a decent OLB and ILB or DT later without much drop in the value. We can even pick up a decent TE later.

That’s why, I believe that when all is said and done, there will be a safety who will impress with coverage and range and athleticism, and there will be a receiver who will impress that they will be drafted at the top.

It just might be Chancelor and Alexander, but it does not have to be. It could be Earl Thomas and Golden Tate. But the value is there and it's not so crazy to think that it can happen considering our past drafts.

well at least pick a wr and safety that justify the picks...

houtz
01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Sam Bradford, CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, Russell Okung, Rolando McClain, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Derrick Morgan, and Joe Haden are the best 11 players in this draft. We just need Jimmy Clausen, Trent Williams, Bruce Campbell, or Anthony Davis to fall ahead of us and one of these superior talents will fall to us.

I think it will be between Bryant and Thomas at #12. I don't see any of those other players falling to us. Spiller maybe but Miami wont even look his way unless we part with Brown which I just don't see happening.

Bryant would be great but we have other needs. Other needs can be addressed in FA and later in the draft. If Bryant is there you get him. If not I'd be okay with Thomas or trading back and getting Hughes.

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I think Earl Thomas will be a better pro than Eric Berry... They way he torepedo's to the ball and is a more sound tackler

WelcomeBack
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I think it will be between Bryant and Thomas at #12. I don't see any of those other players falling to us. Spiller maybe but Miami wont even look his way unless we part with Brown which I just don't see happening.

Bryant would be great but we have other needs. Other needs can be addressed in FA and later in the draft. If Bryant is there you get him. If not I'd be okay with Thomas or trading back and getting Hughes.

I'd be extremely happy with either Bryant, Thomas, Morgan, McClain or a trade down. Getting us in the area of still some good names and extra picks. Then you have Golden Tate, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Spikes and Arrelious Benn.

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
i got to see what kind of height and weight earl thomas reports to the combine at...

if it's 5 ft 9 and 190...that's gonna bother me...he sure looks short...

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I think Earl Thomas will be a better pro than Eric Berry... They way he torepedo's to the ball and is a more sound tackler

whoa real...whoa eric berry imo is a better tackler...a lot of thomas tackling is diving into the legs...not wrapping up

berry will light your arse up...but sometimes he goes for the kill shot

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
another thing to consider about earl thomas...you guys know i love him but consider that undersized safeties usually drop on draft day (ie ed reed) and there is no question to me that earl thomas is undersized...

just how undersized is the only question i have

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Earl Thomas goes 5"10, 190 lbs. He flies around the field causing havok. Really impressed me last night as did Serio Kindle. Kindle sucks against the run but his pass rush is a thing of beauty. Amazing closing speed

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Earl Thomas goes 5"10, 190 lbs. He flies around the field causing havok. Really impressed me last night as did Serio Kindle. Kindle sucks against the run but his pass rush is a thing of beauty. Amazing closing speed

RD, i love his closing speed and angles. Coverage is ok. Tackling is decent. Size is a question? Can he bring down Anotnio Gates or Clark?

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
well at least pick a wr and safety that justify the picks...

I think that Chancelor covers very well. Tackling speedy RBs, closing, angles, not so much. But I think his stock will rise with the combine and senior/shrine games in January.

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 12:08 PM

i don't see enough of a pass rush arsenal from kindle for my taste as a weakside prospect...

and he was destroyed vs the run...meh not a solb for me either

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
5 ft 10 190...jeesh...that's nickle corner size

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't see Terrence Cody or even Dan Williams options at #12 right now. They could be possibilities should we trade down..Here are the players who will be gone without question before we pick Sam Bradford (1), Russell Okung (2), Derrick Morgan (3), Jimmy Clausen (4), Eric Berry (5), Ndamukong Suh (6), and Gerald McCoy (7).You got to think one of the Offensive Tackles such as Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, or Trent Williams will go in the top 10 with the Raiders, Seahawks, Bills, Buccaneers, and Lions needed a Left Tackle (8). Than there is the Raiders who could snag Joe Haden or Taylor Mays or someone like Brian Price or another name we are not expecting this high; they certainly could reach on Mays but Dez Bryant is not in their cards (9)...
That leaves two more people ahead of us with CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas, Brandon Spikes, and Rolando McClain on the board. The Broncos could trade Brandon Marshall so Dez Bryant is a real possibility, if not him than probably McClain.

I guess my point is that we will be choosing between Spikes, McClain, Spiller, Earl Thomas, and probably Dez Bryant at #12. Losing that game to the Steelers ended up being a very good thing; The Wild-Card in all of this to me is the declaration of Mississippi's Jevan Snead. Could he fall into the Top 11? I know he had a terrible Senior season showing terrible decision making but let's be honest .. The Rams, Browns, Seahawks, Redskins,Bills, and Raiders all need Quarterbacks. bradford and Clausen are slam-dunks in the top 10 for me. Could someone falling in love with Jevan Snead's deep ball and reach? That bares watching IMO

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Kindle is not a SOLB by any means. He could be a very good WOLB with his pass rushing skills; plays very well in space

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Thomas' size isn't much different from Berry?

ChambersWI
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Thomas is bigger than Bob Sanders and when healthy Sanders is one of the best safeties in the NFL. And Sanders injury problems are because he plays wreckless at his size.

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
i'd say berry is every bit of 5 ft 11 and 195 lbs...

jevan snead looked like imo a pretty good qb prospect last year but then he came out this year and looked like a 6th round pick...

he was bad...like really bad

no way i can see someone off his tape this year taking him in the top 11

Dogbone34
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
I guess my point is that we will be choosing between Spikes, McClain, Spiller, Earl Thomas, and probably Dez Bryant at #12.

I keep coming back to this group too.

Without McClain or Dez Bryant, Miami needs to work a trade down for more picks.

Rd 1 - Rolando McClain ILB
Rd 2 - Dan Williams DT
Rd 3 - Mike Johnson G

Mr772
01-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I keep coming back to this group too.

Without McClain or Dez Bryant, Miami needs to work a trade down for more picks.

Rd 1 - Rolando McClain ILB
Rd 2 - Dan Williams DT
Rd 3 - Mike Johnson G

I know a lot of people talk about trading up and down but it rarely happens in the 1st round.

My first pick would be McClain but I highly doubt he will be there when we're on the clock. I think it's too early for Spikes but I could be happy with Spiller, or Thomas. The thought of Spiller has grown on me over the past few days because a RB with game changing speed and vision like Spiller can be very valuable in a Chris Johnson kind of way.

I believe you take the best guy on the board when you pick no matter what. So if it's Spiller or Thomas or Dan Williams then I'm good with it.

Harry_Bagpipe
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Ya. Thought it was a real bad decision for Snead to declare. His value is at an alltime low

Breed
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I've never really been impressed with Snead.

uga3406
01-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I want McClain or Spikes at 12 but just what if Miami was to take Cody if McClain was gone and they didnt care for Spikes and decided to go after Eric Norwood of So. Carolina in the 2nd rd boy i really think that would be nice just a thought