PDA

View Full Version : What will we spend our first round draft pick on?

icelatte39
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
What do you think guys? WR, LB, safety? Or will we pick up a veteran WR out of free agency? What's the smartest way to go?

EFWilson
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
It all depends on what Miami does in FA.

MadDog 88
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
ILB or possibly NT. The middle of the defense has to be addressed and I am certain they will.

Elliott 1
01-04-2010, 07:02 AM
I'd like to trade up and try to grab Suh but I think they stay at 12 and draft NT Dan Williams from Tennessee.

Forget about the WR's guys it just ain't happening. Save yourself some grief and and don't even consider it.

Pinkboy
01-04-2010, 07:05 AM
What do you think guys? WR, LB, safety? Or will we pick up a veteran WR out of free agency? What's the smartest way to go?

You know that finheaven has a draft forum here ? You should check it out because it answers your questions on what people think.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/

Krush
01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Package a deal to get Brandon marshall,

Krush
01-04-2010, 10:15 AM
LB is a glaring need but they come a dime a dozen, Wr is the most glaring need, because the fins have clemmons to take ove for gibril wilson

twg76
01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
It has to be LB. Our tackling at LB was just sad this season. I think Miami needs to seriously shake up the LBs. Draft a superstar at LB who loves to tackle - a real gritty player. Let him play in Akin Ayodele's spot. Trade Ayodele and Camarillo as part of a package deal. Maybe to move up in the draft?

dolpns13
01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Trade it, trade it, trade it...

BARF
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
ILB or possibly NT. The middle of the defense has to be addressed and I am certain they will.

nt will be the last thing we take bp never wastes a first round pick on a nt look at fergie and ratliff both 7 rounders, we will get the bpa at either wr or lb likely lb we need that more than anything we could get a wr in free agency

Kdawg954
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
First off, if Rolando McClain is there, u take him in a heartbeat. Pair him with Channing next season.

But I do think we will see several guys off this team next season via trade:

Greg Camarillo comes to mind instantly . . . I love the guy, but we just have too many WR's who are like him and I doubt we get rid of Bess or Hartline. Ginn could be traded, but I think he is more valuable and wont get what we require out of him. I think the FO would like to see him with a veteran guy first before dumping him.

Phillip Merling is another guy . . . if we can get a 2nd for him from a 3-4 team . . . we could then put Dotsen in rotation, and still be good at DE.

Either one of our safeties are trade bait.

I could see us trading a LB . . . Ayodele, Torbor, Porter, Anderson, Moses . . . any one of those 5 guys could be traded IMO.

I see us next year going in with 4 RBs again and Polite. The OLine is pretty much set . . . we like the 5 guys who started, we like Berger and Garner . . . and we have Gardner, who hopefully is ready next season. I think we bring Fasano back, but I do think we bring in a TE, if Gresham is still there in round 2, we would be crazy not to take a look. Him and Fasano would be a pretty nice 1-2 at TE for us. Nalbone may come around and be the #3 guy.

So in a nut shell the first round pick is gonna be:

ILB, OLB, WR, NT or FS.

Rolando McClain
Brandon Spikes
Jerry Hughes
Dez Bryant
Dan Williams
Earl Thomas

I think the money is on one of those 6 guys.

Pinkboy
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
12 is a good spot to trade down from. Other teams won't have to worry about overpaying with a high salary as salaries go down after the top 10.

If a player they covet doesn't fall, I could easily see the dolphins trying to trade down to acquire an extra pick.

Maybe select a LB they like later in the first and use the extra pick to fill out another hole, or another LB.

#1dolphinsfan
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
the only way i see miami going WR or Safety in the first round is if either Eric Berry, or Dez Bryant are there if not i think we go LB either McClain, Spikes or Hughes. but i think miami will draft Dez Bryant

mrbunglez
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
i say package it up and send it to the lions for calvin johnson

3rdandinches
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I see us trading back and picking up extra picks, there's so many different ways we can go so why not add a couple picks!

#1dolphinsfan
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I see us trading back and picking up extra picks, there's so many different ways we can go so why not add a couple picks!
i like you FA wish list but i dont think Rolle will get cut

allport30
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
2010 Miami Dolphins Draft Big Board

1. Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama
2. Brandon Spikes - ILB - Florida
3. Dan Williams - NT - Tennessee
4. Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
5. Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU
6. CJ Spiller - RB - Clemson
7. Earl Thomas - FS - Texas
8. Sergio Kindle - OLB -Texas
9. Jermaine Gresham - TE - Oklahoma
Dude update the draft board...no way spiller gresham thomas kindle, dez, or spikes will be around in ANY of those rounds lol

beaujon
01-04-2010, 07:27 PM
We need to adress the middle of our D before we start working on our offense. Watching Solia yesterday get brushed aside makes me think that we are weat at NT. Also, if CC is our best LB, we will never win a SB. With at least 2/3 top pics, we need to adress these areas.

2413fanphins
01-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I hope to god we get a WR somehow someway. looking at the stats 17 of the top 25 WR's are on a playoff team. that tells me something. withouth digging further on the defensive side, statwise... I just can't stress enough the need for a stud #1 WR, with some size and speed.

that being said, I love mcclain and would hardly ever pass up the oppurtunity to grab a stud LB.

cowboy82nd
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
i say package it up and send it to the lions for calvin johnson

Package it up with what? What do you think the Lions want for Calvin Johnson?

SpurzN703
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
LB is the spot I'd address first. Then in no particular order, I'd go WR, S and NT. If all four of those positions get addressed, I think the Phins could make a lot of noise in 2010.

Bumpus
01-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Wrong forum.

Kdawg954
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
2010 Miami Dolphins Draft Big Board

1. Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama
2. Brandon Spikes - ILB - Florida
3. Dan Williams - NT - Tennessee
4. Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
5. Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU
6. CJ Spiller - RB - Clemson
7. Earl Thomas - FS - Texas
8. Sergio Kindle - OLB -Texas
9. Jermaine Gresham - TE - Oklahoma
Dude update the draft board...no way spiller gresham thomas kindle, dez, or spikes will be around in ANY of those rounds lol

Its a draft board not a mock draft :lol: There is no 8th and 9th round.

The ideal is to put the guys who probably will be there on a list and gauge who we look at first. Meaning if McClain is there, he is on top of our draft board. Obviously I would put Suh and Berry ahead of McClain . . . but I am under the assumption that they will not be available. McClain may not be there either, but there is a decent chance he might be there.

I put Spiller as my pick in the mix, I just think he is a special player and if he is there and the LB's are gone, atleast we can do is take a look and see what he can bring to the team. Obviously if all 4 RB's are healthy and all 4 return, I take him off the draft board, but for now (Ronnie's health and contract are both questions to answer this offseason, Ricky has one year left, are we sold on Lex and is Cobbs healthy? When those questions get answered, Spiller goes off) he stays on.

3rdandinches
01-05-2010, 04:41 AM
i like you FA wish list but i dont think Rolle will get cut

They have to re-sign G.Watson, K.Dansby, S.Breaston, B.Berry, N.Rackers to go with 3 OL, 2 TE's etc... and then keep A.Rolle at 14mil. They can ask him to restructure but I'm sure the guy wants a healthy contract, he had a great year. If he says no then he's either making 14mil or gets cut.

It may not happen but I can always dream, lol!!!