PDA

View Full Version : Chad Henne's Toughess Questioned? Did Miami Quit On Us?

DOLMET
01-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Just wondering did Chad Henne asked out of the game against Pittsburgh or did Coach Sparano pull him out. That is the question that has to be answered. If Henne pulled himself out, you have to ask yourself do we want this guy to be our leader next year, if he pulls himself for a eye injury. Do you think Ben Roethhenberger would of took himself out of the game or Tom Brady, for a eye injury. Big Ben was out there leading his team with one arm, out there on that drive. The City of Miami, has to wonder does Chad Henne have the mental and physical toughness, to be a leader next year. If not, Tyler Thigpen is our guy.

TedSlimmJr
01-04-2010, 02:10 AM
***COASTAL CAROLINA FAN DETECTED***

:lol:

Kowalski550
01-04-2010, 02:16 AM
The guy got hit twice right before the half ended and Tony said he suffered blurred vision during halftime. They are not going to put a blind guy out there.

He was having a solid game and a good season, I don't really see a need to evaluate back-up quaterbacks outside of the practice field and preseason.

armysoldier1385
01-04-2010, 02:21 AM
I dont think anyone can question Hennes toughness and determination to be great. He has led the fins to a few come from behind victories and some damn good showings against damn good teams. If anyone needs to be questioned, its our defense. They need to consistently make tackles when the opportunity presents its self.

kud
01-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Is this thread serious? The most likely scenario is the Dolphins felt the game was out of reach and wanted to see the rest of their guys get some reps in a game that was pretty much meaningless anyway.

JCane
01-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Just wondering did Chad Henne asked out of the game against Pittsburgh or did Coach Sparano pull him out. That is the question that has to be answered. If Henne pulled himself out, you have to ask yourself do we want this guy to be our leader next year, if he pulls himself for a eye injury. Do you think Ben Roethhenberger would of took himself out of the game or Tom Brady, for a eye injury. Big Ben was out there leading his team with one arm, out there on that drive. The City of Miami, has to wonder does Chad Henne have the mental and physical toughness, to be a leader next year. If not, Tyler Thigpen is our guy.

....so what about today's performance convinced you that Tyler Thigpen is the tougher of the two QB's? Scratched cornea...have you ever had to deal with that? I have. It's terrible. I'd seriously rather get kicked in the balls once a week for a month.

dabeastdabone
01-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Until there is a history I think it's a non issue. Yea it sucks and yeah a lot of people can justify questioning everything from Henne to the Coaching. I know it's politically correct to say "if he was effected keep him out" but then again we always hear stories of guys playing through stuff that they "shouldn't" but do because they have that type of drive. I would of rather Henne continued and at least try a series or two and I would have admired him for it. But he didn't, we shall just have to see what happens next year I guess.

dabeastdabone
01-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Is this thread serious? The most likely scenario is the Dolphins felt the game was out of reach and wanted to see the rest of their guys get some reps in a game that was pretty much meaningless anyway.

"We play to win the game" H. Edwards

Cougar Guy
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Henne should suck it up and go out and finish the game half blind. LOL, yeah that would be smart. Some of the threads are just goofy.

3rdandinches
01-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Let's just make stuff up to complain about them!!!

kud
01-04-2010, 03:35 AM

Where's old Herm coaching now? :ponder:

Buff
01-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Hey Dolmet, go back to the jets fan board.....You belong there.

painnotpleasure
01-04-2010, 03:57 AM
I too thought that it sounded a bit shady when I first heard it but by no means do I think: 1.) Chad Henne would ask to be pulled out if he was healthy and 2.) I don't think he was pulled for any other reason than suffering a legit injury. Woodley knocked him down four times I think it was in the first half (got two sacks I believe). Blurred vision definitely a legit injury at any position. I am not questioning his toughness or the coaching staff's decision either.

Vaark
01-04-2010, 07:13 AM
As I pointed out in another thread you started, you're a troll from another team looking to stir the cauldren... or a mult of a fan from an opposing team who doesn't have the balls to post this crap under your own name.

You just joined Jan 2010, within the last day or two, and have less than 10 posts, and now 2 ****-stirring thread starters. (which is a good reason why there should be a minimum posts/days of membership requirement before someone can start their own threads).

If you were a Fins fan you wouldn't have mysteriously found FH the night when the season ended, believe me. Although as an another team's shill, you derive some pleasure watching true Fins fans agree with your negative critical trolling, hopefully most are not fooled though. So GFYS and the team, probably the jest, that you probably do really root for.

Vaark
01-04-2010, 07:16 AM

and that's why he's now revealing himself to be a moron on ESPN.

greasyObnoxious
01-04-2010, 07:23 AM
if Henne had blurred vision and problems with perception of depth and distance, as reported, it was the right decision to pull him.

try throwing a football with one eye closed. you have no feel for distance whatsoever. if Henne had been kept in the game, he would have overthrown/underthrown targets, leading to turnovers.

Keonxl
01-04-2010, 11:04 AM
There are some people on here who just can't stand Henne. I don't know the reasons, but I guess some people just got to complain about the qb position every year. Hey to all the clowns out there complaining about Henne, I heard the Dolphins are going to trade for Peyton Manning. I can't wait to see you guys complain about him.

PerfectFinz72
01-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Why would his toughness be questioned? I'm sure whatever the decision made to not play him in the second half had nothing to do with him making that decision. Henne has been a pretty tough dude throughout his time at Michigan too...so lets not forget that.

And whats this about Miami quitting on us?!? You can mad as hell about finishing 7-9...but you can't question that this team fought every game to the bitter end, win or lose.

Wildbill3
01-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I would hope the thread starter would avoid starting more bs threads, otherwise I will merge the username here with his "main" name...

eswickl1
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Henne is a little girl for not going back in the game if he is a leader. Look what all the real top qb's do for their teams. They all play banged up, and big ben could barely lift his arm and was still playing great.

MARINO1384
01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
If he was tough he would of pulled out the scratched eye and played with one... He's obviously garbage, who needs to see to play qb, what a waste of a 2nd round pick.... Tyler For starting qb next year!! We don't need primadonnas like Henne who need to see to play..

SpurzN703
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Henne is a little girl for not going back in the game if he is a leader. Look what all the real top qb's do for their teams. They all play banged up, and big ben could barely lift his arm and was still playing great.

Damn that First Amendment nonsense!

Bigjbizzle2
01-04-2010, 01:16 PM
wow chad henne played 5 games his senior season at michigan with a partly seperated shoulder. so i dont even wanna hear this nonsense

Vaark
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't understand what's so difficult to comprehend about not defying an authority figure who TELLS you not to reenter the game - unless of course you're Britta Favre. Sheeeeesh!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/tumblr_ks1rycYPMi1qzq52eo1_400-1.jpg
MAJOR FACE PALM

napsndreds
01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
I dunno if it was henne's call or not. But for them to put Pat white in to just hand off and pass once henne could have done that with one eye. UNless both eyes were out of his head. very soft

Vaark
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I dunno if it was henne's call or not. But for them to put Pat white in to just hand off and pass once henne could have done that with one eye. UNless both eyes were out of his head. very soft

...or just maybe it was Bill's decision to move up 6-8 spots to be in a good position to replace your boy White once he confirmed to himself that drafting the LilGuy was a regrettable "Senior Moment." ???? :ponder: