finsfan09
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM
the dolphins could be interested in brandon lafell from lsu

Nawledge
01-04-2010, 12:25 PM
source

JCfinfan
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
All I know is we are loaded with 3rd to 5th type receivers. Whoever they bring in better be the guy. We cant afford to have another 3rd type receiver and definately cant afford to have a rookie take 2 years to develop. We need a proven "stud" NFL #1. Where we get it, I do not know. We will leave that to Ireland and Tuna.

finsfan09
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
go to the espn thread

SabanHater
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Patrick Turner the 2nd????

nosleep
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Any receiver that's not Dez Bryant is a waste of a pick imho

EFWilson
01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
The only WR I want Miami to draft this year is Dez Bryant.

schmitty
01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I live in Louisiana..I have seen this kid play..GARBAGE! you want a taller Ted Ginn Jr then this is your man...dropped way too many passes in the time when they needed him the most..STAY AWAY! look at former LSU wide recievers and that speaks for itself..Clayton, Bowe, they all disappear in the NFL.

ATL-DOLFAN
01-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I would like Dez Bryant as well, kind of reminds me on Boldin. I have seen a couple 2010 mock drafts that have us getting the WR from Illinois Arrelious Benn in the 2nd? I haven't seen much Illinois football anyone know anything about him? He is a jr and a big kid (6'2-220).

IAFINFAN
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Benn is a hard read as Ron Zook doen't develop players and Juice Williams is horrid as a QB and really hurt Benn's value by not getting him the ball much the last couple of years. Benn was a huge get out of highschool but due to play calling and lack of QB play Benn don't get the looks needed to show off his talent. Physically he has an NFL body but is kind of an unknown at this point. My Hawkeyes didn't play Illinois this year so can't speak to how he improved since the last time I saw him, but Illinois greatly under performed and Zook might be out of a job so my guess is he didn't get the looks he should have to get him ready for the next level.

CA Dolfan
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Whoever it is it needs to be a WR that makes defenses sh@#$%$t their pants..

dahlmarino
01-04-2010, 01:31 PM
That would be great if we had room for a guy that would take at least 2 years to develop, but we need a #1 wideout who is ready to contribute immediately. If we can't get a guy like Austin/Jackson in FA, our only hope is Bryant. Otherwise it's a wasted pick.

TedSlimmJr
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I live in Louisiana..I have seen this kid play..GARBAGE! you want a taller Ted Ginn Jr then this is your man...dropped way too many passes in the time when they needed him the most..STAY AWAY! look at former LSU wide recievers and that speaks for itself..Clayton, Bowe, they all disappear in the NFL.

None of the former over hyped Oklahoma St. wide receivers have exactly set the NFL on fire either....(Adarius Bowman, Rashaun Woods, etc..)....all in the mold of Dez Bryant....virtual carbon copies of each other....

outlawd2u
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Dez Bryant or bust!!! I actually really like Tate too, but idk where he's slated to get drafted, I just know where we will be picking in the 1st will be too high.

outlawd2u
01-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Also some of you are just dreaming... talking about we don't have time to draft a WR and wait 2 years for him to develope. How often do you see true #1 WR's avilable in FA or a trade without giving up way too much to get them? Also it's nice to believe that we are only one offseason away from being SB contenders but that's more wishful thinking than anything.

dahlmarino
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Dez Bryant or bust!!! I actually really like Tate too, but idk where he's slated to get drafted, I just know where we will be picking in the 1st will be too high.

I like Tate, too. I think he's Ginn with better route-running skills and a little more toughness out of college. I think 12 is too high for him, though. I'd love it if he fell to our 2nd round pick, which is possible but not extremely likely.

ATL-DOLFAN
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I just don't think Bill and Co. will draft a wr in the first? It doesn't seem like his style. Miles Austin is a free agent next year, he would be good and still has a lot of tread left. Plus, I don't think he comes with the baggage that Marshall or A. Bryant will.

thejetssuck
01-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Just say **** THE HELL NOOOOOOOOO TO Brandon ****ing Lafell!!! We already have Patrick Turner!! I'm sorry, but i have VERY little faith in Jeff Ireland's ability to spot WR talent i.e. (Patrick Turner, Ernest Wilford) Hartline has turned out decent but could have been had later in the draft.

Canadi-Phin
01-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Benn is a hard read as Ron Zook doen't develop players and Juice Williams is horrid as a QB and really hurt Benn's value by not getting him the ball much the last couple of years. Benn was a huge get out of highschool but due to play calling and lack of QB play Benn don't get the looks needed to show off his talent. Physically he has an NFL body but is kind of an unknown at this point. My Hawkeyes didn't play Illinois this year so can't speak to how he improved since the last time I saw him, but Illinois greatly under performed and Zook might be out of a job so my guess is he didn't get the looks he should have to get him ready for the next level.

I think Benn is going to be a guys drafted later than he should and turn some heads with his play. He is huge, runs nice routes, and is fast. I love to get him in the 2nd and a lb in the first maybe Spikes or Hughes, or Graham from Mich. We need LBs in Miami.

1. Hughes
2. Benn
3. Micah Johnson, if he drops this far.

dahlmarino
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Also some of you are just dreaming... talking about we don't have time to draft a WR and wait 2 years for him to develope. How often do you see true #1 WR's avilable in FA or a trade without giving up way too much to get them? Also it's nice to believe that we are only one offseason away from being SB contenders but that's more wishful thinking than anything.

If we had been drafting as well as the Steelers over the last decade, then I'd be all for taking a flyer on a guy that isn't ready yet, and I'm all for developing talent at home. But look at our WR corps right now. We have reliable guys like Bess, Hartline and Camarillo (all of whom would benefit greatly from a true #1) we have a virtual unknown in Turner, and we have Ginn, who was drafted raw and has yet to really turn the corner. I see a lot of good potential at WR in this draft, including Lafell, Benn, Demorrio Alexander out of Mizzou, etc. But at this point, all of them are essentially just going to take up roster space while we wait for them to develop, and that just leaves us with a crowd of non-#1 threats yet again in 2010. I know there are no guarantees in the draft, but I see 2 WR's in this draft who I think could step in, contribute quickly, and become our true #1 threat by the end of the season and help us toward a playoff run. One is Bryant, the other is Tate. Maybe it is a pipe dream to ask for a guy like Austin or Jackson to become available, but that's still exactly what we need: Someone we can plug in right away. Not another project.

Tiko377
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM
i would like benn over lafell.

zachblitz54
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
If a 1st is used on a WR, it better be on Bryant. More than likely, the 1st will be used on a defensive player. ILB, Rolando McClain would be my 1st choice, but we probably will have to move up a few spots to get him. NT, Terrence Cody or OLB, Jerry Hughes would also look great in a Fins uni.

Greatness920
01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Yo i go to the university of Florida and im telling you right now this kid is bad.. he drops wayy too many passes

flynryan15
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I doubt Parcell's and company go after a receiver in the first round, it is just not his style. He has only done it twice and it left a bad taste in his mouth. I wouldn't mind us taking a guy like Gilyard from Cincy in the 2nd or 3rd, this guy looks like the next Desaun JAckson. He would be a instant upgrade and threat on Punt and Kick returns. Also keep a eye on Marcus Easely out of UCONN, the kid is a beast! He really came alive in his senior year, I am really interested to see him in the Senior Bowl and combine.

FinsFan74
01-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Kind of weird, I looked up Bryant's picture on google, and the word that preceded the one pic I looked at was "Dolphins"....hmmmmm....sign of things to come?

#1dolphinsfan
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I say do what ever it takes a get Dez Bryant in the first round

outlawd2u
01-04-2010, 04:25 PM
If we had been drafting as well as the Steelers over the last decade, then I'd be all for taking a flyer on a guy that isn't ready yet, and I'm all for developing talent at home. But look at our WR corps right now. We have reliable guys like Bess, Hartline and Camarillo (all of whom would benefit greatly from a true #1) we have a virtual unknown in Turner, and we have Ginn, who was drafted raw and has yet to really turn the corner. I see a lot of good potential at WR in this draft, including Lafell, Benn, Demorrio Alexander out of Mizzou, etc. But at this point, all of them are essentially just going to take up roster space while we wait for them to develop, and that just leaves us with a crowd of non-#1 threats yet again in 2010. I know there are no guarantees in the draft, but I see 2 WR's in this draft who I think could step in, contribute quickly, and become our true #1 threat by the end of the season and help us toward a playoff run. One is Bryant, the other is Tate. Maybe it is a pipe dream to ask for a guy like Austin or Jackson to become available, but that's still exactly what we need: Someone we can plug in right away. Not another project.

The entire team is still going to be developing next season. Like it or not this team is a couple of years away from true contention. I think 2011 will be our year and besides there's nothing to say that a WR Can't be a true #1 in his 1st year(Boldin?) I do see what you're saying but the odds are that if we want a playmaking WR who will eventually fit into that #1 role and become a perrinial Pro Bowler then we are going to have to draft one. Jackson, Marshall, or Austin aren't going to just fall into our laps, and even if by some miracle they hit FA then all of a sudden you're in a bidding war for a playmaking WR who hit the open market shich doesn't happen very often and you're going to end up paying him a ridiculous amount of money.

X-Pacolypse
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Looks like I'm the only here that's a fan of LaFell.

insomnia411
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Mardy Gilyard *******

Kiick72
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I just don't think we will go wide reciever in the 1st round. I think it will be an Ilb like McClain. As much as we need a Playmaker at Reciever we just won't go for one in the first and if you are honest and look back on it we need far more help on Defense than we do on Offense.

mmikel30
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
im for trading down and taking golden tate. I guarantee this though ....whomever drafts Demariyus Thomas will get a future #1 receiver, maybe not in his first year ,but baring injury this guy will be a beast!

WVDolphan
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
the dolphins could be interested in brandon lafell from lsu

I hope so. IMHO he is the best I have watched closely this year. I am high on him and Mardy Gilyard personally. Im not a big Dez Bryant supporter either. I would take Lafell over him any day.

WVDolphan
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I doubt Parcell's and company go after a receiver in the first round, it is just not his style. He has only done it twice and it left a bad taste in his mouth. I wouldn't mind us taking a guy like Gilyard from Cincy in the 2nd or 3rd, this guy looks like the next Desaun JAckson. He would be a instant upgrade and threat on Punt and Kick returns. Also keep a eye on Marcus Easely out of UCONN, the kid is a beast! He really came alive in his senior year, I am really interested to see him in the Senior Bowl and combine.

Im liking a lot of your views bro.

Gilyard in the 2nd is what Im hoping for. Then pick up a big time receiver in FA to go with him. Dump Ginn and use Gilyard to return kicks. Then we have Big time FA WR/Hartline/Gilyard/Bess/Camarillo at receiver. Gilyard could develope into a starter sooner than later. This also allows us to get a stud LB in round 1.

MadDog 88
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
i have VERY little faith in Jeff Ireland's ability to spot WR talent i.e. (Patrick Turner, Ernest Wilford) Hartline has turned out decent but could have been had later in the draft.
Does the name Miles Austin ring a bell? Ireland personally scouted him and brought him to the Cowboys.

MadDog 88
01-04-2010, 08:02 PM
As much as I like Lafell, I don't see Parcells going WR in round 1. Plus, I think we have a larger need in that spot for the middle of the defense.

Gillyard in the second would be nice. If they are able to sign Antonio Bryant and draft Gillyard, that closes the book on Ginn. Bryant, Gillyard and Bess would be pretty lethal and allow the remainder of the draft to fix the defense.

outlawd2u
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
I hope so. IMHO he is the best I have watched closely this year. I am high on him and Mardy Gilyard personally. Im not a big Dez Bryant supporter either. I would take Lafell over him any day.

Seriously??? Come On...

MiamiDolfan85
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
dont forget that other WR out in San Diego.....Buster Davis...is it???

he was drafted in the first round w/ Bowe out of Louisiana State in '07.

utahphinsfan
01-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Time to think outside the box or video game console in this case.

Kerry Meier (Kansas) or Detron Lewis (TX tech) are two if the better options out there IMO.