PDA

View Full Version : wow...just wow!!!

rushfinfan85
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I have been waiting for the right time for my first post and this is it. Watching the tcu game tonight jerry hughes looks amazing. I have seen him play with his hand in the dirt and also standing and he looks great on both situations. field awareness staying within himself(not getting out of position trying to make to many plays) knocking down balls at the los and pressuring the qb almost every play. He almost looks like a man amonst boys! He has proven himself to me. Wow what a player!!!

FinaticalOne
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah, he's high on my draftboard than most others. I like Jerry Hughes and he will be a factor on any team.

tical
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
funny this post never saw hughes play so i'm watching this game and #98 keeps standing out, I'm like dang whos is that and then i heard the name! i laugh that's the guy everyone's talking about!

Thats what we need to draft at #12 a player that absolutely "jumps" at you!

hooshoops
01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
he's not jumping out to me...looks like he's going half speed almost unless he's turning the corner on the speed rush...

i do like the guy as a stand up player though...looks most effective tonight at least that way

but i have a question...what's with that 4 point stance that he barely gets off the ball after the snap on where his azz is almost on the ground??? strange

definitely 3-4 olb weakside player

i still can't get the utah game tape i saw out of my head...guy was unstoppable

hooshoops
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
what size is lb daryl washington??? he looks long and lean and thin torso

hooshoops
01-04-2010, 11:36 PM
now i liked those last few plays from hughes very much...:up:

houtz
01-04-2010, 11:42 PM
If McClain and Bryant are gone at #12 I'd have no problem getting this guy.

tical
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
he's not jumping out to me...looks like he's going half speed almost unless he's turning the corner on the speed rush...

i do like the guy as a stand up player though...looks most effective tonight at least that way

but i have a question...what's with that 4 point stance that he barely gets off the ball after the snap on where his azz is almost on the ground??? strange

definitely 3-4 olb weakside player

i still can't get the utah game tape i saw out of my head...guy was unstoppable

i notice that as well he seems to go full speed only when he realizes he can get to the qb. J porter has that tendency as well! when hughes does decide to go all-out look out he is a monster! one thing tho i see him more as a 4-3 DE!

hooshoops
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
there's no doubt he's very talented...i'd just like to see more effort to get off blocks and some hand usage when engaged

just looks a little content on some plays...but i'm probably being picky...he may be throttling it down some to not get hurt

that flow down the los where he gained the inside on the tackle and made the stop and forced the fumble was nice...very nice

good player i agree...

hooshoops
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
i notice that as well he seems to go full speed only when he realizes he can get to the qb. J porter has that tendency as well! when he does decide to go all-out look out he is a monster! one thing tho i see him more as a 4-3 DE!

he's most effective in my eyes standing up...the 4 point stance he's in on a few occasions he doesn't even get off the ball

standing up is where i see the best player and we need a standup olb

DKphin
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
what size is lb daryl washington??? he looks long and lean and thin torso
6'2" 234. He s an athletic ILB, but some have said that he has less than optiminal instincts.

hooshoops
01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
6'2" 234. He s an athletic ILB, but some have said that he has less than optiminal instincts.

thanks...he looks taller and lighter than that to me

hooshoops
01-05-2010, 12:06 AM
regarding hughes and a 4-3 end i've seen some other games stuff where he gets blown off the ball vs the run...just don't think he defends the run well enough to play 4-3 end

that's another reason i think 3-4 olb only

Ozfin77
01-05-2010, 12:11 AM

His instincts looked good to me on the stop he made on 3rd and short towards the end of the 3rdQ.

Shot the gap, got into the backfield and took the ball carrier down.

As for Jerry Hughes, the uniform department might as well get his jersey ready....at 6'3' 257lbs I'm thinking Tuna has alot of "man love" for this kid! :lol:

Anyone think we could perhaps trade down a few picks and still get him?...I think we could.

hooshoops
01-05-2010, 12:17 AM
His instincts looked good to me on the stop he made on 3rd and short towards the end of the 3rdQ.

Shot the gap, got into the backfield and took the ball carrier down.

As for Jerry Hughes, the uniform department might as well get his jersey ready....at 6'3' 257lbs I'm thinking Tuna has alot of "man love" for this kid! :lol:

Anyone think we could perhaps trade down a few picks and still get him?...I think we could.

i don't know...there's 3 3-4 teams i think in front of us and wolb pass rushers are usually prime draft picks

Ozfin77
01-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Didnt like what he did in that last drive which Boise ended up scoring on..

I agree with hooshoops....That stance he gets in is weird, and not one bit effective.

Clipse
01-05-2010, 08:13 AM
McClain and Hughes, my top 2 choices. The fact that Hughes can do it both with his hands down and standing up, and hell, looks better imo standing up does it for me. We have no youth at OLB. Cam Wake may pan out, who knows. I've seen nothing from his as an OLB that impresses me, only as a 4-3 DE has he been impressive. Then again we could move to a 4-3, doubtful but you never know.

TedSlimmJr
01-05-2010, 02:09 PM
You guys would be surprised at how many players look like they're playing not to get hurt and jeopardize their NFL careers when I watch them...

That said...Hughes projects as a stud weakside linebacker IMO....(although he did appear to be taking some plays off last night)...

He reminds me so much of Joey Porter in his prime it's uncanny....everything about him....size...demeanor...personality...undisciplined at times....literally everything about him...

Won't play DE in the NFL IMO.....perfect weakside pass rusher from a 2 point stance and looks comfortable in space....although he'll have to get used to rushing from the other side in the NFL....

Canadi-Phin
01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah SLimm, I totally agree with your statement. Seems like lots of the seniors have been playing half-assed on lots of plays especially the guys with high draft grades.
I read a mock draft with us getting Bryant in the first and Hughes dropping all the way to the 2nd. God I would love that to happen but it is only a dream, I know

fgrocker
01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I was hoping to get a shot at Kyle Wilson in the 3rd, but I think he played his way out of that spot. We have more pressing needs with our 2nd rounder.

ckparrothead
01-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Too bad Raphael Priest had a bum wheel. He can play.

Yeah Hughes is weakside only. Can't hold up to the run. His take-off actually reminds me of Cam Wake. Everyone sees things differently of course but Hughes looks like a better version of Wake. A little feistier. A little more instinctive.

fgrocker
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Whoever drafts Daryl Washington is going to get one hell of a football player. Too bad he's too small for the 3-4.