PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Repoert mock draft

jim1
01-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Pretty good one imo.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/320105-2010-nfl-mock-draft-the-playoffs-draft-order-are-set

ArmyFin7
01-05-2010, 01:01 PM
This seems even more possible if we can move Ronnie for a 2nd....

FinSolari
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I guess it all depends in FA and Ronnie's health. If we get Bryant from Tampa then I don't see us getting Dez in the 12th. If we can trade Ronnie for a 2nd then by all means I can see us grabbing Spiller with our first pick.

jim1
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I guess it all depends in FA and Ronnie's health. If we get Bryant from Tampa then I don't see us getting Dez in the 12th. If we can trade Ronnie for a 2nd then by all means I can see us grabbing Spiller with our first pick.

I'd much rather keep RB and draft D Bryant at #12.

TedSlimmJr
01-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I'd much rather keep RB and draft D Bryant at #12.

Someone help the devil get his balls unfroze from his chair....I agree with you Jim..:lol:

Ricky_Fan34
01-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't like the CJ Spiller pick.. But we would be getting a talented player, and that's what matters. I would really prefer a NT or a ILB.

hooshoops
01-05-2010, 02:13 PM
lol...somebody is coming up to get dez bryant before he falls to the 20's

ckparrothead
01-05-2010, 02:32 PM
If C.J. Spiller and Dez Bryant both get to our pick that does become an interesting question to me because I have both players rated about the same.

You will not be UNHAPPY with Spiller, I can about guarantee that. He brings something to this offense that we don't really have and that's big play ability. He has the build and durability IMO to carry a load if necessary but in today's NFL nobody wants to have a RB carry the full load anyway.

Would we be more happy with Bryant? I don't know. Depends on what we do in free agency. If we've lost Ronnie Brown because he wants to be the richest RB in the league, and we manage to grab either an Antonio Bryant or a Braylon Edwards (or perhaps in some weird Twilight Zone way, we manage to get Miles Austin)...then if both Spiller and Bryant make it to us at #12 (which I find to be unbelievable but whatever) then I'm taking Spiller.

But if Ronnie's demands are reasonable, all we can find in free agency is a Malcolm Floyd or some such...and they're both available, you probably have to go Bryant.

They're both primadonnas but remember of the two Spiller's the one that has shown he can consistently follow rules.

SnakeoilSeller
01-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Nobody is going to give us a 2nd round pick for an injury prone running back that will turn 29 this year. It just is not going to happen. If the choice came down to Spller vs. Bryant, I'd take Spiller.

skipp2myloo13
01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
If Berry ever fell to 7. And we didnt trade up i would be Pissed off!

ckparrothead
01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
You don't trade up and give up a bunch of draft picks for a safety. You take Eric Berry if he falls to you, but that's a different question.

skipp2myloo13
01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
You don't trade up and give up a bunch of draft picks for a safety. You take Eric Berry if he falls to you, but that's a different question.

it wouldnt cost that much to move up. i mean they are the Browns im sure the first and a player could do it.

TheDon74
01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
He's a huge talent just not sure he's a #1 need. Be hard to get mad having this guy on the roster though.

Spiller highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf0kC-w9lU

#1dolphinsfan
01-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Getting him in the first round would be a mistake IMO he is good yes but he isnt a need we have 2 good RB in Ronnie, and Ricky and maybe next year if both of them are gone then yes worry about a RB in the first round but we have way to many holes to fill before we draft a guy that isnt needed yet

SnakeoilSeller
01-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Getting him in the first round would be a mistake IMO he is good yes but he isnt a need we have 2 good RB in Ronnie, and Ricky and maybe next year if both of them are gone then yes worry about a RB in the first round but we have way to many holes to fill before we draft a guy that isnt needed yet

I think RB is a huge need on this team, though it my not be our #1 need. No telling how or when Ronnie will come back, Ricky has 1 more season left. Neither will be here in 2011 (assuming that there is football in 2011) We were down to our 4th RB by the end of the season. It would make sense to draft a back, especially a home run hitter like Spiller.

skipp2myloo13
01-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Here is the deal. Spiller is a great talent. No denying that. But we spend mad cash in our Line. You figure a 6th round back could get the yards behind it. I'm not a fan of taking a first round RB, never mind with how much we spend on our line. That having been said SPiller may be the exception with his receiving and returning sill sets. And he can run up the gut

Ozfin77
01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Dont like the Spiller pick one bit....Prefer to trade down and accumulate picks.

We dont need a RB this year and have FAR more needs than a RB. We have Ronnie, Ricky and Lex who I believe did a good job this season. Next year you'll have Mark Ingram (Alabama) coming out who I'd absolutely love to get...thats a long way away though!

We need people that can tackle on this team or you can forget about contending for anything but a top 5 pick next season!

skipp2myloo13
01-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Ingram is a better back, but we arent drafting a back. We would be drafting a weapon. Thats what Spiller is. FA is stock full of NT and LB. We can fix those in the FA and the 2nd on but if you draft in the top 10 or a top 10 player falls you take him. Name a realistic team that would trade up with us.

Kistner10
01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
If Berry falls out of the top 5 than we need to move up and get him, but I really doubt he falls out of the top 5.

I really don't like drafting RB's in the first round because you can get quality backs very easily. The Raiders took McFadden early 2 years ago before Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Felix Jones, and Kevin Smith. It's really not smart drafting a RB that early unless you think they're going to become an ELITE back like AP or Tomlinson was. I really like Spiller but I don't think it's the smartest thing for us to do with all the holes we need to plug.

There is no way Dez Bryant falls that far. If he's there when we pick than I'd prefer him over Spiller. At 22 he'd be an absolute steal for Baltimore.

I do think Jacksonville is going to go after Tebow but I bet they trade down. Obviously they can't predict with who and for what but Tebow won't go that early.

Lord Of Miami
01-06-2010, 01:17 AM
I find it funny the bleacher report guy says "IF" CJ runs under a 4.4.....................

No real point for me to ever go to that site again, and who ever did that piece should just stop watching football.

Quadfather
01-06-2010, 01:25 AM
id love the spiller pick. i in no way want to give ronnie a big contract, hes 28, injury prone, and doesnt have breakaway speed. spiller has chris johnson game changing ability, something we havent had since ricky was getting rushing titles. hell help the passing game to, as he is an excellent pass catcher. you line him up in the slot and throw him a screen and watch him take it to the house.

Tiko377
01-06-2010, 02:56 AM
dont make sense drafting a RB when you have ronnie brown who said he wont opt out and will be here at least another year, also you just gave ricky williams another year. (If ricky isnt here thats another story.)

you draft dez bryant no questions asked unless he has a terrible combine. we always see good rb's getting drafted later on the drafts.( parcells always finds RB gems)

spiller could be another mcfadden who knows i aint saying he will be. what i do know is what we need more is a WR.

LibertineOneThree
01-06-2010, 03:32 AM
If Spiller was there and someone wanted to give up a mid to high second for Ronnie, why would we not do it? Spiller looks like being an elite talent and Brown simply cannot complete a season. He's one of my favourite players this decade but seriously, we can't keep relying on a guy who keeps coming up short physically.

Ricky won't be around to cover his *** forever, unfortunately.

3rdandinches
01-06-2010, 06:45 AM
It makes more sense to me to have Spiller and Brown rather then getting rid of Brown, they would really compliment each other. Send Ricky on his way and probably Cobbs too, I don't see the point to keep them all.

If Dez is there I would try to trade back and grab another 2nd, then grab Spiller if he's there or if not grab J.Hughes OLB/E.Thomas FS/G.Tate WR/Cody NT.... you get the idea!

The tough thing about talking about this now is FA will decide alot, it will give us more options if we could grab a couple new starters.