PDA

View Full Version : Scientists say dolphins should be treated as 'non-human persons'

Myles Fynch
01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6973994.ece

Dolphins have been declared the world’s second most intelligent creatures after humans, with scientists suggesting they are so bright that they should be treated as “non-human persons”.Of course, we already knew that. Some other non-human persons in the AFC East are a little slower on the uptake.

BobDole
01-06-2010, 02:42 AM
yet we somehow used to be monkeys ... how long before 'scientists' start to claim that we evolved from dolphins?

Bumpus
01-06-2010, 03:46 AM
Maybe it's a combo ... according to Mrs. Garrison we're all a bunch of retarded fish-monkeys. :chuckle:

GoonBoss
01-06-2010, 07:10 AM
yet we somehow used to be monkeys ... how long before 'scientists' start to claim that we evolved from dolphins?

Dolphins were too smart to evolve.

Myles Fynch
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM

I thought that's where mermaids came from.

BobDole
01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
I thought that's where mermaids came from.

merman dad. merman.

PhinzN703
01-06-2010, 04:56 PM

MerMAN pop! MerMAN!!!!

Vaark
01-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Dolphins have been declared the world’s second most intelligent creatures after humans, with scientists suggesting they are so bright that they should be treated as “non-human persons”.

Well I guess there are exceptions to every rule, such as Cam and Dullpepper

DisturbedShifty
01-07-2010, 09:30 AM
What the hell is a "Non-human person?" Doesn't the word "person" imply human?

Myles Fynch
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
What the hell is a "Non-human person?" Doesn't the word "person" imply human?

Good point. It does sound kind of ominous in a futuristic kind of way.

I wonder what "they" have up their sleeve--drones, clones, droids, cyborgs? Maybe coming to a retail store near you sooner than we think.

HeartbreakKid28
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd say Dolphins are the world's smartest creatures. Afterall Dolphins don't shoot each other and blow up eachother's buildings. Or punch through a McDonald's window because they ran out of McNuggets.

ps it's a known fact that humans can be turned into Dolphins by plastic surgeons. It happened on South Park.

1 dol fan
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I'd say Dolphins are the world's smartest creatures. Afterall Dolphins don't shoot each other and blow up eachother's buildings. Or punch through a McDonald's window because they ran out of McNuggets.

ps it's a known fact that humans can be turned into Dolphins by plastic surgeons. It happened on South Park.
But when was the last time you saw a human get choked out by 6-pack plastic rings from soda?

Myles Fynch
01-09-2010, 06:01 PM
But when was the last time you saw a human get choked out by 6-pack plastic rings from soda?

At a bachelor party.