PDA

View Full Version : WWE & TNA War has officially begun!

SwimminInIndy
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
So who you got in this one? WWE is the juggernaut with the rich history, and TNA is the up and comer that is scooping up all the old WWE talent. It just so happens that they recently signed the BIGGEST wrestling star ever in Hulk Hogan (who has made over 1 billion wrestling).

Is it just a washed up wrestler that is a hail mary for TNA, or is Hulk going to draw people in still?

Does TNA really have a chance at being the #1 wrestling organization like Dixie Carter and Hogan predict?

Will the new live Monday night show from TNA going head to head with Raw bring back the Monday Night Wars that WWE had with WCW back in the day?

Personally, I like both factions. I have been a life long WWE fan, so that is where my natural loyalty lies, but TNA is coming up in the world. They have new refreshing wrestlers and ideas. They also have all the washed up old stars, but a few nice ones as well. The X Division is awesome in TNA, and it not only has great wrestlers and action, but new great matches like the Ultimate X and the one that looks like a bird cage.

I also think that it is good for the WWE, because it will force Vince to come with new and better storylines. WWE has gotten a little stale over the years with no real threat in another wrestling program, and TNA looks to be just that now. The best days in wrestling was when both WWE and WCW were going head to head. It had both going for it all and one-upping eachother. Made for great TV!

As a wrestling fan, I am looking foward to the war, and I would love to hear other opinions on the topic!

GoonBoss
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Never underestimate Vince. He's danced on the graves of better than Jeff Jarrett.

AquaInferno
01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Jeff Jarret is an unprofessional punk! He slept with an employees WIFE! Kurt Angle is divorced from Karen now, maybe there was some build up leading to that, however as an employer NEVER EVER commit adultrey with an employee's wife! It makes me sick.
Aside from that, some stars TNA took are not completely done, Kurt ad Jeff Hardy come to mind first. AJ Styles and Jay Lethal both good and are TNA bred. I think if TNA signs Mr Kennedy and he can stay healthy and not injure anyone else, they can be a serious contender.

SwimminInIndy
01-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah Kurt still has it for sure...The match between him and AJ the other monday night was awesome!

BARF
01-06-2010, 04:38 PM
there will never be a monday night war like there was back then, the nwo was awesome back then, and wwe had stone cold, and the rock, and a younger dx, even though that tna segment was awesome but hall looks out of shape, and it is a different time now like hogan said, even though they are bringing in all the faces from back then i still do not think they will be able to hang with wwe, they need to get rid of that 6 sided ring

BARF
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
right now wwe is losing, especially with that sheamus guy with the belt, the only reason he has it is because he trains with hhh, they need to give the belt to kofi, they are trying to feed us that sheamus is good, boy are they wrong, yeah i understand young talent needs a push, but c'mon man. aj styles on the other hand is an awesome wrestler he has paid his dues, great choice there

X-Pacolypse
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I don't think this version of the Monday Night Wars will ever reach the EPIC heights it saw from about 1996-2001. That was just one of those special times in professional wrestling where you had three strong promotions going at it, each bringing something uniquely different to the table.

On a side note, it was nice too see Bret Hart again on Monday night. A part of me felt like a kid again watching him walk out.

CedarPhin
01-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Nothing will touch the WWF Attitude Era. Austin vs. McMahon, DX at it's height, etc.

About the only thing I want to see is a Hulk Hogan/Stone Cold matchup, but that will never happen.

WeVie
01-06-2010, 10:41 PM
The only thing I worry about is what happened in WCW. The same guys are there that wanted to run the show so we will have to wait and see how it goes.

Man I used to love Bret Hart! It was great to see him back even for a little while.

BARF
01-06-2010, 11:21 PM
yeah seeing bret hart out there was awesome, they have exclusive video after raw, that some of the locker room came out, and gave him props, i wish it was the whole locker room

SwimminInIndy
01-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah I read about that moment where the lockerroom came out and hoisted Bret on the shoulders, and then later saw the video. GOod job by the WWE in putting that somewhere where everyone can see that great moment.

I also got emotional when Shawn hugged Bret. After they shook hands that was great, and then Shawn looked like he was going to kick Bret, but then instead hugged him. A great moment that I will not forget soon. Thanks guys!

DisturbedShifty
01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Anyone know what the ratings were for each show that night? I personally watched WWE just because of Bret Hart. I have seen Hogan come back too many times already. Not to mention, even though TNA has some great young talent, they are becoming the retirement home for washed up wrestlers.

BARF
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
raw 3.6
tna 1.5

DisturbedShifty
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
raw 3.6
tna 1.5
Figured it would be something along those lines. If TNA is smart they will showcase their younger talent over their writing team.

But again, I really don't see this reaching WWF vs WCW status.

BigJP
01-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Gotta go with vince, BUT about 8 yrs ago I discovered a little sport called MMA and have'nt watched current wrestling since. I do get wwe 24-7 so I watch alot of the old stuff from when I was a kid.

WeVie
01-08-2010, 06:17 AM
This has one thing going for them that they didn't back in the day. A little thing called DVR. You can watch both as I will start doing.

Back then, we had one of those really big C band dishes and it had USA west on it so even then, I was able to watch both. Sometimes I had to work and missed WCW but it always came on later, really late Monday night, Tuesday morning thing.

WelcomeBack
01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
right now wwe is losing, especially with that sheamus guy with the belt, the only reason he has it is because he trains with hhh, they need to give the belt to kofi, they are trying to feed us that sheamus is good, boy are they wrong, yeah i understand young talent needs a push, but c'mon man. aj styles on the other hand is an awesome wrestler he has paid his dues, great choice there

If WWE is giving the belt on pure talent, then you got to have Evan Bourne in the mix. Sure he's small, but they also gave the belt to Mysterio. Bourne (or Matt Sydal) is an awesome wrestler and one of the most humble. I talked to him a bit at an indy event out here in California, nicest dude I met. Talking to me like he was a fan as well.

GoonBoss
01-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm probably the biggest pro wrestling nerd ever. I'll just say I am impressed with what Jarrett has done. I didn't think it could come this far. The womens division has been active, and, that alone impresses me. The six sided ring bothers me a little, but, not a whole bunch. Jarrett will never win.

Here's why;

Vince will eventually take what you do, and, do it better.

Then, he'll buy you out.

WelcomeBack
01-09-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm probably the biggest pro wrestling nerd ever. I'll just say I am impressed with what Jarrett has done. I didn't think it could come this far. The womens division has been active, and, that alone impresses me. The six sided ring bothers me a little, but, not a whole bunch. Jarrett will never win.

Here's why;

Vince will eventually take what you do, and, do it better.

Then, he'll buy you out.

WWE Divas can't touch the TNA Knockouts.

GoonBoss
01-09-2010, 01:24 AM
WWE Divas can't touch the TNA Knockouts.
'I agree. I object to the divas and kockouts terminoligy. I knew Angelina from waaaaaaaay back when I first photographed her and Tracy Brooks, and, she was just a Valet. She was and always was a nice girl. Most of the girls TNA uses are solid indy performers that filter through Shimmer (ROH)

MichaelXC
01-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Its All Fake Grow Up

WelcomeBack
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Its All Fake Grow Up

I love when people use this argument. Step into a ring and then announce it's fake. I'm still nursing a year and a half old injury that I suffered while wrestling.

SpaceMountain16
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Its All Fake Grow Up

IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT

**cries**

But seriously, shut up.

TheDon74
01-12-2010, 07:25 AM
When I say this it's not meant to insult anyone that watches wrestling because I'm into plenty of stuff that people could make fun of, but I stopped watching WWF back when I was like 12 and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat was still around.

I'm more into UFC nowadays

SwimminInIndy
01-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Its All Fake Grow Up
Thanks so much for the insight man! Please give us more!

Seriously, everyone that watches wrestling knows that it is scripted (notice I said scripted and not fake), but that doesn't stop it from being entertainment, which is what it is. Even my kids that I work with know that it is a show, but let us watch it and you keep being ignorant.

GoonBoss
01-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Its All Fake Grow Up

Do you like movies and TV shows?

News flash; They're fake too.

Vertical Limit
01-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Haven't watched much wrestling in years, honestly since WCW went down and Steve Austin kind of retired, I lost my interest. With that said, TNA has nothing on Vince McMahon. Hell he's not even worried about it. He can do what ever they do, except make it 10 times better.

SwimminInIndy
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Its All Fake Grow Up

Did anyone else recieve a negative rep from this clown?

X-Pacolypse
01-18-2010, 08:48 PM

I didn't. Anyways, here's some green rep for ya.

BARF
01-19-2010, 03:19 AM
Its All Fake Grow Up

i suppose the next thing ur gonna say is santa is fake also

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM

Yea I did.

He thought it was cute to make a mom joke too.

I love when people get all hurt when you speak the truth.

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Haven't watched much wrestling in years, honestly since WCW went down and Steve Austin kind of retired, I lost my interest. With that said, TNA has nothing on Vince McMahon. Hell he's not even worried about it. He can do what ever they do, except make it 10 times better.

I heard that Vince was mad like crazy when Jeff Hardy showed up on TNA.

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 02:15 PM
The guys in this video (Generation Me) are two guys that I respect in the indy industry. I met them at my first indy match ever...and they are really cool guys. Even talk to one of them often still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7CJL9h_GbA