PDA

View Full Version : Spiller

MiZFiT
01-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I dont understand why some people want to get CJ Spiller. I know Ronnie might not be here and Ricky is old, but the dolphins have decent, not great, RB's behind them. I especially want to see what Sheets has. I think that with how bad the LB's were and how bad Wilson and how bad the dolphins need a #1 reciever, i dont think RB is a position of need.

What do you think?

Asicswrg85
01-06-2010, 09:18 PM
The guys behind Ronnie and Ricky are no where near number 1 backs so if Ronnie and Ricky are gone, we are going to need a new runningback

3rdandinches
01-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Spiller is something we don`t have, heck most teams don`t have a talent like him. People are wrong to think of getting rid of Ronnie and getting CJ, he would be most effective with Ronnie. I would see no need for Williams or Cobbs if they choose to go that way.

It`s alot like when Tennessee took CJ, they didn`t need a RB, they actually needed WR help but I`m guessing their pretty happy with going BPA.

MadDog 88
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Spiller is something we don`t have, heck most teams don`t have a talent like him. People are wrong to think of getting rid of Ronnie and getting CJ, he would be most effective with Ronnie. I would see no need for Williams or Cobbs if they choose to go that way.

It`s alot like when Tennessee took CJ, they didn`t need a RB, they actually needed WR help but I`m guessing their pretty happy with going BPA.
Tennessee was in a much different position then we were. They actually had a defense with talent. Solid RB's can be picked up in later rounds.

Spiller is a luxury pick that the Dolphins can't afford righ now.

MiZFiT
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
i understand but what about ILB, FS, WR, even NT and OLB? these positions are bigger needs than RB. why waste a great opportunity to fix one of them and instead add to RB depth.

Astrosback
01-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Getting a guy who can score from long distance is absolutely one of our biggest needs. It's also a need you won't easily fill in FA.

At 1.12, you don't really fill "needs" anyway. You draft a franchise talent who will help and lead us for 10 years. You don't worry about 2010 "needs" when you're drafting a franchise player.

As an example, if UF CB Joe Hayden is there but McClain, Dez, Spiller and even Earl Thomas are gone, I take Hayden and don't think twice. Same goes for Russell Okung.

But since Dez and Spiller do fill needs as well as the BPA requirement, I obviously have them higher on my board.

And by the way, not sure how Spiller is "more effective" with Ronnie as a compliment instead of Ricky as a compliment. Since when is Ronnie even better than an over-30 Ricky?

Ronnie is our best chance to land an extra 2nd round pick and he should be tendered as such.

"Needs" at OLB, ILB, NT and FS should be filled in FA.

The WR1 need will be too costly to fill with a vet b/c Marhsall and/or Austin will probably cost a 1st and 3rd so I say we try to fill WR1 in the draft.

Fill RB and WR with the early picks of the draft! Fill defensive needs in FA and later picks (see JT in the 3rd round and Zach Thomas in the 5th round).

3rdandinches
01-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Tennessee was in a much different position then we were. They actually had a defense with talent. Solid RB's can be picked up in later rounds.

Spiller is a luxury pick that the Dolphins can't afford righ now.

By no means am I saying to pick Spiller!

I want McClain ILB or a trade back and get Hughes OLB. I just see why people like the idea of Spiller.

We need to fix the defense before we do anything on offense personally.

#1 FS, #2 NT, #3 ILB, #4 OLB, #5 WR, #6 TE

That's the way I see it atleast, as you can see no RB on that list!

Ozfin77
01-07-2010, 12:10 AM
I agree with the original post...We dont need a RB. Although, I would like the FO to show alot of interest in Spiller though, to perhaps generate a decent trade for our #12 pick.

To those who say Hilliard the other guys behind Ronnie and Ricky are not NFL backs, how do you know that? They've hardly had any proper game time! I personally like the look of Lex Hilliard.

If you want to take a RB do it in the 2nd or 3rd and concentrate on getting D help in the 1st round.

Astrosback
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM
By no means am I saying to pick Spiller!

I want McClain ILB or a trade back and get Hughes OLB. I just see why people like the idea of Spiller.

We need to fix the defense before we do anything on offense personally.

#1 FS, #2 NT, #3 ILB, #4 OLB, #5 WR, #6 TE

That's the way I see it atleast, as you can see no RB on that list!

But dude, you also win by scoring and scoring fast. How many big TD plays did we have this season? You could probably count them on one hand without using your thumb or pinky. Ginn had that one bomb and Ronnie and Ricky might have had one long one each. That's not acceptable.

Look at the Saints D. They're not loaded with talent but they play with a lead and they're able to cut loose and cause a lot of turn overs.

I'm not saying I don't want to address our D. I'm just saying that Ronnie should be traded for a 2nd this offseason and that means RB will be a need. Add to that, that a RB with world class speed and home run talent could be on the board for us at 1.12 and you gotta be open to taking him.

Maybe if you have a defense-first mentality, then you give McClain or Earl Thomas or Dan Williams the slight edge over Spiller and that's okay but then I still think we're looking for a RB later (maybe Javed Best).

But Spiller at 1.12 and a WR in round 2 and then a heavy defensive draft the rest of the way could also make sense.

Astrosback
01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
My only fear is whether Spiller is more Reggie Bush or more Chris Johnson?

I wouldn't want Bush at 1.12 but I'd sure take a Chris Johnson there.

3rdandinches
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Getting a guy who can score from long distance is absolutely one of our biggest needs. It's also a need you won't easily fill in FA.

At 1.12, you don't really fill "needs" anyway. You draft a franchise talent who will help and lead us for 10 years. You don't worry about 2010 "needs" when you're drafting a franchise player.

As an example, if UF CB Joe Hayden is there but McClain, Dez, Spiller and even Earl Thomas are gone, I take Hayden and don't think twice. Same goes for Russell Okung.

But since Dez and Spiller do fill needs as well as the BPA requirement, I obviously have them higher on my board.

And by the way, not sure how Spiller is "more effective" with Ronnie as a compliment instead of Ricky as a compliment. Since when is Ronnie even better than an over-30 Ricky?

Ronnie is our best chance to land an extra 2nd round pick and he should be tendered as such.

The WR1 need will be too costly to fill with a vet b/c Marhsall and/or Austin will probably cost a 1st and 3rd so I say we try to fill WR1 in the draft.

Fill RB and WR with the early picks of the draft! Fill defensive needs in FA and later picks (see JT in the 3rd round and Zach Thomas in the 5th round).

How'd we do after Ronnie went down? Ricky has some talent left but not like Ronnie, I'm talkin' today not 8 years ago and Ricky fumbles way too much for my liking. Brown is more of a bruiser between the tackles and Ricky runs alot more off tackle and outside. Spiller now becomes that guy so why have him with the same type of player. Brown and Spiller would be a one two punch not many teams could handle!

OLB and ILB in FA leaves us in bidding wars for the little talent that maybe available. We have Wake and Taylor, so drafting an OLB to learn from Taylor then take over in a year makes more sense to me. Crowder and McClain would make a real nice ILB duo, Akin becomes depth.

NT takes to long to develope normally so I'd rather go there in FA for an instant impact. Same as FA because there's potentially some real good FA's available.

To me it's crucial we get a major upgrade at NT and FS for next season if we want to take the next step to the playoffs.

3rdandinches
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
But dude, you also win by scoring and scoring fast. How many big TD plays did we have this season? You could probably count them on one hand without using your thumb or pinky. Ginn had that one bomb and Ronnie and Ricky might have had one long one each. That's not acceptable.

Look at the Saints D. They're not loaded with talent but they play with a lead and they're able to cut loose and cause a lot of turn overs.

I'm not saying I don't want to address our D. I'm just saying that Ronnie should be traded for a 2nd this offseason and that means RB will be a need. Add to that, that a RB with world class speed and home run talent could be on the board for us at 1.12 and you gotta be open to taking him.

Maybe if you have a defense-first mentality, then you give McClain or Earl Thomas or Dan Williams the slight edge over Spiller and that's okay but then I still think we're looking for a RB later (maybe Javed Best).

But Spiller at 1.12 and a WR in round 2 and then a heavy defensive draft the rest of the way could also make sense.

If you trade Ronnie then of course you look for a RB, but with our oline we should be able to plug in anyone and get instant success. So I wouldn't look any earlier then the 3rd round for someone.

I think if we had better NT play (after Fergy went down) and better FS play all year we are a playoff team this year, maybe even division winners again. That's why I think we should attack those two positions in FA and solidify our depth with the draft. Picking so high allows us to get a potential stud player and I really hope McClain is available to us. He will be a stud and we need an ILB, a match made in heaven but Hughes would be nice too.

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 12:33 AM
if you want a free safety bad (and i can't blame you) imo you should be eye balling earl thomas at pick #12

ideally it would be nice to trade back and get him but i think his stock is only gonna continue into the top 15 (if it isn't there already) during the draft scouting process

Astrosback
01-07-2010, 12:36 AM
How'd we do after Ronnie went down? Ricky has some talent left but not like Ronnie, I'm talkin' today not 8 years ago and Ricky fumbles way too much for my liking. Brown is more of a bruiser between the tackles and Ricky runs alot more off tackle and outside. Spiller now becomes that guy so why have him with the same type of player. Brown and Spiller would be a one two punch not many teams could handle!

OLB and ILB in FA leaves us in bidding wars for the little talent that maybe available. We have Wake and Taylor, so drafting an OLB to learn from Taylor then take over in a year makes more sense to me. Crowder and McClain would make a real nice ILB duo, Akin becomes depth.

NT takes to long to develope normally so I'd rather go there in FA for an instant impact. Same as FA because there's potentially some real good FA's available.

To me it's crucial we get a major upgrade at NT and FS for next season if we want to take the next step to the playoffs.

We both like the idea of upgrading NT and FS in FA (Wilfork, Hampton, Otogwe, Rolle) and I certainly wouldn't mind McClain at 1.12.

We differ on Ronnie. I think he has average vision, does not play anywhere near his timed speed and obviously is too injury prone. Granted, Ricky is too old to be featured but he was a great compliment to Ronnie and could be a great compliment to Spiller.

If we traded Ronnie to DET or CLE for an early 2nd and got...

1.12.) Rolando McClain
2a.) Jahvid Best
2b.) Mardy Gilyard

And let's say Hampton and Rolle in FA....

That would be pretty solid, right?

Ozfin77
01-07-2010, 12:36 AM
if you want a free safety bad (and i can't blame you) imo you should be eye balling earl thomas at pick #12

ideally it would be nice to trade back and get him but i think his stock is only gonna continue into the top 15 (if it isn't there already) during the draft scouting process

Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow night!

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow night!

him and sergio kindle both...i like sergio as a solb a lot off the tape i've seen...i think kindle will make a smooth transition to a stand up olb...him and brandon graham

3rdandinches
01-07-2010, 12:41 AM

I look at it this way hypothetically of course...

A> A.Rolle and McClain

or

B> K.Dansby and E.Thomas

A> Rolle gives us instant impact at our weakess position and McClain gives us instant impact at an easier position to transition to from college to the pros.

B> Dansby gives us instant impact at ILB and Thomas will need some time to learn all the things he needs to be a impactfull FS (which I do believe he will be)

I like A the best!

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 12:44 AM
I look at it this way hypothetically of course...

A> A.Rolle and McClain

or

B> K.Dansby and E.Thomas

A> Rolle gives us instant impact at our weakess position and McClain gives us instant impact at an easier position to transition to from college to the pros.

B> Dansby gives us instant impact at ILB and Thomas will need some time to learn all the things he needs to be a impactfull FS (which I do believe he will be)

I like A the best!

i think that's a pretty good way to look at it but is rolle really that good in coverage???

and i'd only take earl thomas if mcclain was gone as of right now

TheDon74
01-07-2010, 12:46 AM
I would prefer if we went another way with the pick (if he's even still there) but he's a game changer and got so much talent that it's not like it would be a gamble or wasted pick by any means. It's one of those picks that even if you think we should address other positions your still pretty psyched about having him.

PALMA
01-07-2010, 12:47 AM
No way Ronnie fetches a 2nd, considering a 32 year old Ricky had a better season than any Ronnie's ever had.

More reasonable value is a 4th, perhaps 3rd tops if some team is dumb enough (Spielman did trade a 3rd for Lamar Gordon after all). Interesting Spielman has found a way to draft 2 offensive rookies of the year in his time in Minnesota.

I believe we keep all our backs, Ronnie for one more year, and draft a guy in the mid-round. In 2011 both Ronnie and Ricky will be gone and we'll have a second year back and possibly a rookie too taking over duties.

This team needs OLB, ILB, Safety, NT, and WR. BPA out of any of those positions. Spiller is very intriguing and I wouldn't be disappointed to have his explosiveness.

WaxOn WaxOff
01-07-2010, 01:45 AM
NCAA all time record for KO returns for TD. Averaged 6 yds a carry on rushes for his career, on 591 carries. 2nd all tie in NCAA Div 1 all-purpose yards for a career. He had a TD on returns this year every 5 times he touched the ball, teams would usually kick away.

He is a threat to go all the way on KO, punt, rush or reception. He is not, IMHO, an every down NFL back. He is nearly uncoverable out of the backfield. He did all this with a mediocre Clemson OL, too.

I'm still hoping we get the Alabama LB in round 1.

Harry_Bagpipe
01-07-2010, 10:53 AM

Totally agree. The league is extremely fluid and a teams needs could completely change within 2 or 3 years. I'm not saying take Spiller but if the FO think he's the next CJ than you grab him.

A couple of years ago i was all about drafting Patrick Willis(or Landry but I'll forget about that). Many people were saying that LB wasnt a need since we still had Zach, drafted Crowder, JT but that wasnt long term thinking. I knew many of those players were gone in a few years.

People complained when we traded up to draft Surtain since we had Madison and T-Buck.

Seattle drafted Shaun Alexander when Ricky Watters came off of a 1000 yard season. NO drafted Deuce when they had Ricky Williams.

Point is that Ricky Williams isnt in the long term picture and who knows about Ronnie. If 3 years from now you think that Spiller could be the most dangerous back in the NFL than you take him.

RealDriscoll
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Why I want to get CJ Spiller is simple. I watch Chris Johnson in Tennessee and say damn I want a played like that and we have a chance if we draft Spiller. Let's first get rid of the rumo that Spiller is a "small" Reggie Bush type of back. Spiller is 5"11 weighing in the 200 lbs ball-park and he is built solid. He has world-class speed in which his speed to the corner is even faster than Chris Johnson. Why don't we look at his body of work at Clemson.In his four year career at Clemson he rushed for 3,547 yards on 6 attempts. I am not a math wizard but that equates to 5.9 yards per carry! Over the course of his Clemson he accounted for 32 rushing touchdowns, 11 receiving touchdowns, and also accounted for 7 return touchdowns over this time period. Yep that is 50 TOUCHDOWNS in four years. He got better every year which encourages me and his senior year was absolutly stellar. If you have any questions watch the ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech. That should answer any doubters

greasyObnoxious
01-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Seattle drafted Shaun Alexander when Ricky Watters came off of a 1000 yard season. NO drafted Deuce when they had Ricky Williams.

Minnesota took Adrian Peterson even though Chester Taylor ran for 1200 yards, Larry Johnson wasn't really a need for the Chiefs with Priest Holmes at RB. Steven Jackson was a back-up to Marshall Faulk when he was drafted. Cedric Benson was drafted even though the Bears had Thomas Jones. it happens all the time.

Harry_Bagpipe
01-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Minnesota took Adrian Peterson even though Chester Taylor ran for 1200 yards, Larry Johnson wasn't really a need for the Chiefs with Priest Holmes at RB. Steven Jackson was a back-up to Marshall Faulk when he was drafted. Cedric Benson was drafted even though the Bears had Thomas Jones. it happens all the time.

Exactly. To me the only position of "no-need" on the entire team is fielded by Jake Long. Some people would say RB and QB are positions we don't have a need to fill. If i had a chance to trade our number one for Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson or Aaron Rodgers, I do it in a second.

If the FO thinks that Dez Bryant is the next TO or Spiller the next CJ you have to take them unless they think mcclain is the next ray lewis.

Tampa Bay drafted Freeman as their franchise QB last year. Hypothetically, if they had the number one pick and that consenus number 1, prototypical, can't miss(as much as a QB can't miss), Peyton Manning Carson Palmer John Elway player is there, you have to take him.

Dont know is Spiller is that type of player but if the FO thinks he is you gotta grab him

greasyObnoxious
01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Exactly. To me the only position of "no-need" on the entire team is fielded by Jake Long. Some people would say RB and QB are positions we don't have a need to fill. If i had a chance to trade our number one for Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson or Aaron Rodgers, I do it in a second.

If the FO thinks that Dez Bryant is the next TO or Spiller the next CJ you have to take them unless they think mcclain is the next ray lewis.

Tampa Bay drafted Freeman as their franchise QB last year. Hypothetically, if they had the number one pick and that consenus number 1, prototypical, can't miss(as much as a QB can't miss), Peyton Manning Carson Palmer John Elway player is there, you have to take him.

Dont know is Spiller is that type of player but if the FO thinks he is you gotta grab him

if Okung falls to #12, i'll grab him. Jake Long or not. Carey can play OG. with Okung, we're not crippled if Long got hurt.

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 12:20 PM

I can not agree with that. That would mean that Indy should draft Bradford or Clausen. Or that Rams should take C.J. Spiller.

Value is tied to need. Bradford does not have the same value to Patriots and to Rams or Oakland. By the same token, C.J. Spiller does not have the same value to us, the Chargers or to Detroit.

If you have a good car, another car does not have the same value to you as it does to a person who has a broken car.

greasyObnoxious
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I can not agree with that. That would mean that Indy should draft Bradford or Clausen. Or that Rams should take C.J. Spiller.

Value is tied to need. Bradford does not have the same value to Patriots and to Rams or Oakland. By the same token, C.J. Spiller does not have the same value to us, the Chargers or to Detroit.

If you have a good car, another car does not have the same value to you as it does to a person who has a broken car.

you can be sure there will be a time when Indianapolis would take a QB if he was the best player on their board. if Clausen fell all the way to 28-32, i could see them taking him.

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 12:33 PM
you can be sure there will be a time when Indianapolis would take a QB if he was the best player on their board. if Clausen fell all the way to 28-32, i could see them taking him.

Let me put it this way: We don't need C.J. Spiller to win the SB in 2011, but we do need better front 7.

greasyObnoxious
01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Let me put it this way: We don't need C.J. Spiller to win the SB in 2011, but we do need better front 7.

you don't know that. we just might need a few more explosive plays on offense

RealDriscoll
01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Bottom line to me is that if any of these plays fall to us we take them... Ndamukong Suh, Derrick Morgan, Gerald McCoy, Russell Okung, Eric Berry, Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller .. With Clausen and Bradford likley going in the top 10, and Joe Haden emerging as a Top 10 pick. One of these guys will fall into our lap and if it is Spiller I do not hesitate one second

RealDriscoll
01-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Ronnie Brown could be trade bait as a RFA as well. If we could get a 2nd for him I think they would pull the trigger

Harry_Bagpipe
01-07-2010, 12:47 PM

I think you miss my point.

Indy has the best QB in the game. Any QB they draft is a downgrade. Obviously if we had Adrian Peterson or CJ than we wouldnt look at Spiller. The point is we dont and we might not have a RB for the future with the situation with Ricky and Ronnie being tenuous.

Was LB a pressing need for us when Willis was available. Was CB a huge need when we traded for surtain.

As greasy said RB wasnt a huge need for St louis when they drafted Jackson(they had Faulk) or with KC(had Holmes)

The team has to look at the big picture.

Also I dont think that Green Bay is upset they drafted Rodgers with their number one with Farve still being there

Dogbone34
01-07-2010, 01:00 PM
don't usually like RB's in the 1st round but Spillers youtube highlights are impressive.

1st rounder that would provide instant offense.

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Take a look at Alabama and Texas tonight. Those teams have monster Olines, and Monster Dlines or LBs like Sergio Kindle, McClain. Look at Steelers last year. Willie Parker? Who the frock is Willie Parker?!?!? Steelers have had a mean defense with Palomalu, Woodley, Harrison, some mean guys. Look at Giants a few years ago. Brandon Jacobs? Is he fast???
We need durable strong RBs to get us 4-5 yards and break one here and there. We need playmakers at WR. And we need most of all to boost our front seven. We need Terrence Cody, Sergio Kindle, McCalain, Brandon Graham. We need some mean mf-ers there, and we should get a good safety too at some point which we will probably not do this year because of our foolish decisions last year.
We need to get a gap stopper in the middle and some mean linebackers. Everything else will get easier.

I don't give a diddly if C.J. Spiller is next Barry Sanders. We don't need him. I wish no one takes him in first 11 so that someone will bite on him and trade with us.

Beasley
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
i love CJ Spiller....watched him all 4 years at clemson.....he is a game changer....his speed is rediculous.......he would be a great kr/pr until we needed him to step up and be our RB....

greasyObnoxious
01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Take a look at Alabama and Texas tonight. Those teams have monster Olines, and Monster Dlines or LBs like Sergio Kindle, McClain. Look at Steelers last year. Willie Parker? Who the frock is Willie Parker?!?!? Steelers have had a mean defense with Palomalu, Woodley, Harrison, some mean guys. Look at Giants a few years ago. Brandon Jacobs? Is he fast???
We need durable strong RBs to get us 4-5 yards and break one here and there. We need playmakers at WR. And we need most of all to boost our front seven. We need Terrence Cody, Sergio Kindle, McCalain, Brandon Graham. We need some mean mf-ers there, and we should get a good safety too at some point which we will probably not do this year because of our foolish decisions last year.
We need to get a gap stopper in the middle and some mean linebackers. Everything else will get easier.

I don't give a diddly if C.J. Spiller is next Barry Sanders. We don't need him. I wish no one takes him in first 11 so that someone will bite on him and trade with us.

weren't you the one who thanked someone else because he said our FO drafts not to lose, and now you're afraid to bring in a potential great player. whatever works for you.

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 01:41 PM
weren't you the one who thanked someone else because he said our FO drafts not to lose, and now you're afraid to bring in a potential great player. whatever works for you.

C.J. Spiller is the losers draft. You are hoping for greatness instead of building for greatness.
I don't give a hoots if C.J. Spiller is next Eric Dickerson. I feel the same way about Dez Bryant. They can take their greatness elsewhere.
We need defense on this team up front.
We have strong running backs, strong Oline, and some developing young WRs. We certainly should get a 1000 yard receiver, but not in the first round.
I hope and pray that no one takes Spiller and Bryant in the first 11, so that someone would trade with us, and we could pick up another second and lower first. Then get a gap stopper and two linebackers. Then we can get a receiver in the third, and more defensive help, and maybe an OG like Brandon Carter to help with the rotation.

Another point, I honestly don't know who the Steeler's or Arizona's tight end was last year. That's how important TE sometimes is. TE, like everyone, just needs to be reliable, and Fasano was not reliable this year.

Harry_Bagpipe
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM

wow.....well i agree with you in regards to defensive players. I'd rather have a ray lewis than a stud reciever or back but to say you would pass on barry sanders for ronaldo mcclain....cant agree there

greasyObnoxious
01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
C.J. Spiller is the losers draft. You are hoping for greatness instead of building for greatness.
I don't give a hoots if C.J. Spiller is next Eric Dickerson. I feel the same way about Dez Bryant. They can take their greatness elsewhere.
We need defense on this team up front.
We have strong running backs, strong Oline, and some developing young WRs. We certainly should get a 1000 yard receiver, but not in the first round.
I hope and pray that no one takes Spiller and Bryant in the first 11, so that someone would trade with us, and we could pick up another second and lower first. Then get a gap stopper and two linebackers. Then we can get a receiver in the third, and more defensive help, and maybe an OG like Brandon Carter to help with the rotation.

Another point, I honestly don't know who the Steeler's or Arizona's tight end was last year. That's how important TE sometimes is. TE, like everyone, just needs to be reliable, and Fasano was not reliable this year.

if you're not taking an Eric Dickerson or Barry Sanders on your offense, i guess you wouldn't be content with anyone.

RealDriscoll
01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
My point is that CJ Spiller might be better than Ronnie and Ricky right now...

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 02:51 PM

True. He might be. And I don't give a hoot. I don't want him. We have backs who are every bit as good as Adrian Peterson and C. Johnson.

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
i might be in the minority around here but i don't view cj spiller as the next chris johnson...

i view him as a more explosive faster version of leon washington...who can handle around 8 to 10 carries per game

now i fully am aware that spiller is going to be a flat out nightmare for any lb in coverage and a dynamite kick returner but i don't see a guy who can handle 300 carries per season...

is he top 15 worthy talent...yes...and that's before he goes out and runs a 4.3 40

Pinkboy
01-07-2010, 03:44 PM

"might" ??

LOL

talent_scout
01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
CJ Spiller could be considered by you guys. While a long shot, I think Ronnie is winding down in Miami. I always graded him out decently but was always concerned with his soft, fleshy, physique. I am not calling him fat, he just has that sort of squishy behind that bothers me. Usually does not play to his speed either. Is a 4.8-4.9 guy in pads, not good enough.

CJ Spiller is a top-7 guy on my draft board. I am rarely wrong about talent evaluation, just one of those things I have always been great at. Began in my teens, measuring guys and breaking down tape. Never got tthe opportunity to make it big, but have challenged Mel Kiper numerous times to a mock-draft pick'em challenge. He has not returned my emails.

Either way, CJ, or as some of us insiders call him "The Cookie Monster," because he just keeps gettin his....would be a great pick by you guys. You may have more pressing needs, but CJ is the real deal. I have watched over 500 hours of tape on him (November 2009 was my CJ month).

I definitely will try to get a message to him via facebook or myspace that Dol-fans have an interest in him. He hasn't written me back in the past, but I will explain the situtaion better this time. Last time I was just seeking out whether he would be interested in doing a private combine for me, so I could get some measurables on him. Well, back to the tape, rewatching all of Colt McCoys college games to get an accurate analysis to you guys later.

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
hey talent scout...where do you have rolando mcclain dez bryant earl thomas derrick morgan jerry hughes jermaine gresham on your draft board???

miami71
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
C.J. is way better than Ronnie and Ricky! No contest!

miami71
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Ronnie could not even win the starting job at Auburn! I like Ronnie, but no way they should give him a huge contract! Spiller has unreal acceleration!

aqua4life
01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I dont understand why some people want to get CJ Spiller. I know Ronnie might not be here and Ricky is old, but the dolphins have decent, not great, RB's behind them. I especially want to see what Sheets has. I think that with how bad the LB's were and how bad Wilson and how bad the dolphins need a #1 reciever, i dont think RB is a position of need.

What do you think?
lets not forget that CJ spiller is the most explosive player IMO in the draft, we all know we need playmakers, with ricky with 1 year left ronnie is always hurt, it will solidify our running game for years, i know we could use LB, or NT ,WR but we all know that the trifecta doesnt usually pick WR with there first pick, but i would be hard to pass up bryant if he is there, so my picks would be spiller, bryant , mcclain anyone of those are on the board when we pick i will be happy.