PDA

View Full Version : 2010 BCS National Championship - Alabama V Texas

Ozfin77
01-07-2010, 02:35 AM
Who wins and why?

Enjoy!

JCane
01-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Tough call. Both have GREAT defenses. Alabama has a physical running game and it'll be interesting to see how Texas responds to that. Texas is really struggling on offense right now. Alabama is going to get very physical at the line of scrimmage with Jordan Shippley. They're gonna hit him in the mouth to disrupt the timing of McCoy and Shippley.

The Texas offensice line HAS to do a better job of protecting Colt McCoy and allowing him time to throw the football. Alabama is a better defense than Nebraska and Nebraska was after Colt all day and night.

The biggest thing Texas has going for them is the underdog role. They've heard for a month now about how good Alabama is and how Alabama should win this easily. Mark Ingram is the Heisman winner. It was Mark Ingram day in Alabama yesterday from what I've heard. He's been patted on the back for a while now. Alabama isn't used to traveling all the way to the West Coast for football games. They pretty much stay local to the Southeast.

In the end, I think this is a great game and closer than people think. It would suprise me to see a blowout by either team. These are two great teams and they're both well coached...but I think Alabama has the edge in coaching.

JCane is rolling with—not so much Alabama—but rather Nick Saban. It's hard not to root for Saban. He's easily the greatest college football coach I've seen in my 31/32 years of living.

I've got Alabama winning 30 - 28.

Kdawg954
01-07-2010, 02:51 AM
It bothers me how Utah just straight up punked Bama after the layoff and expectations last year.

Which is even more reason why Bama will be more prepared than ever to dismantle Texas and win the title.

Nebraska exposed Texas a little bit, and I think the Bama D is gonna wreck **** all night.

I'm guessing 31-13 Bama

JCane
01-07-2010, 02:54 AM
It bothers me how Utah just straight up punked Bama after the layoff and expectations last year.

Which is even more reason why Bama will be more prepared than ever to dismantle Texas and win the title.

Nebraska exposed Texas a little bit, and I think the Bama D is gonna wreck **** all night.

I'm guessing 31-13 Bama

Utah over Alabama last season was an easy call. Alabama's season was over after the way Florida beat them in the SECCG. Sugar Bowl was irrelevant at that point and Utah was a pretty good team. Alabama had nothing to gain by winning that game and Utah had everything on the line. Biggest game in that program's history.

CedarPhin
01-07-2010, 02:59 AM
I think it's going to be a really close game.

Ozfin77
01-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Some interesting comments guys.

My thoughts are also that Alabama hold the advantage in the run game aswell as on defense and if Nebraska can take the 'horns to the wire then Alabama shouldnt have too many problems doing better.

I'll be interested to see how guys like Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas, Lamarr Houston, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy handle themselves. Yes, they've played in big games before, but all eyes will be on them to get one last look at how they handle the pressure in big games before they head for the NFL draft. If Texas are to win, these guys need to step up and lead by example.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is seeing the impact Rolando McClain has on the game. IMO if Alabama lose tomorrow, he'll stay in school and not enter the draft. I really like this guy and the way he plays football. I only wish "our" Dolphins were in a better position to get him in our uniform! He's not only a football player, he's a leader. I think if Texas' O-Line can get to Rolando at the next level and somewhat take him out of the picture, if could lead to what some may call an "upset".

If I had to predict a score: Alabama 24 - Texas 10

Farmer
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Bama fan here. glad to see its a shut out for votes.

i'm actually not worried about the big play from Colt & co. im worried about them dinking and dunking those 6-7 yard plays all the way down the field.

Bama needs TDs, not field goals, all we do is kick FGs. if they play like they did against FL they win.

Rafiki
01-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I voted Texas. These two teams are evenly matched IMO, so it will come down to who wants it more. Given Bama's propensity to drop bowl games, I give the edge to Texas.

But I could definitely see it going the other way.

TedSlimmJr
01-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Roses are red and don't grow in ditches...

Get your *** up....it's gameday *******...

Rammer jammer yellow hammer...

Give 'em hell Alabama....

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

R
O
L
L

C-HUCKS
01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Texas wins the over hyped bowl the least exciting BCS championshiop game in years!

JCane
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Texas wins the over hyped bowl the least exciting BCS championshiop game in years!

Last year IMO.

Oraclepz
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
i think Bama is gonna win...partly because i dont think Colt McCoy will be protected well. If hes protected well then i think Texas is going to win.

COphinphan89
01-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Alabama 7

Texas 3

COphinphan89
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
What an asinine fake punt call. Shoulda knocked that down though.

psingh01
01-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Damn Alabama got a HUGE break with McCoy get hurt. Friggen sucks!

CedarPhin
01-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Bama's rolling.

CedarPhin
01-07-2010, 11:37 PM
The Texas backup sucks.

CedarPhin
01-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Game was over once McCoy got knocked out.

COphinphan89
01-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Yup. Texas just can't get anything done on O without McCoy. Congrats to Bama. I literally fell asleep right after they scored to make it 17-6 and woke up right after they made it 24-6. Had no idea what had just happened.

CA Dolfan
01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
The Texas backup sucks.

What do you expect he just graduated from high school.

COphinphan89
01-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Oops. We might have a football game.

COphinphan89
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM
We have a football game.

13finfan4ever
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Imagine if McCoy didn't get knocked out.

TedSlimmJr
01-08-2010, 01:18 AM
R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

R
O
L
L

I'm so happy for these kids....I was raised on Alabama football since I was born in 1967....I was fortunate enough to see the end of Bear Bryant's era up close and personal....

He would be so proud of this Alabama team....this is his kind of team.....his kind of kids....he would've loved to have coached this group of players....

Texas is a good team....and I've always had tremendous respect for Mack Brown.......the only thing I would've loved more was seeing them do it against McCoy and not a freshman...

Glad I'm still around to see our 13th National Championship.....this means a lot to me....

Rafiki
01-08-2010, 02:24 AM
R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

R
O
L
L

I'm so happy for these kids....I was raised on Alabama football since I was born in 1967....I was fortunate enough to see the end of Bear Bryant's era up close and personal....

He would be so proud of this Alabama team....this is his kind of team.....his kind of kids....he would've loved to have coached this group of players....

Texas is a good team....and I've always had tremendous respect for Mack Brown.......the only thing I would've loved more was seeing them do it against McCoy and not a freshman...

Glad I'm still around to see our 13th National Championship.....this means a lot to me....

Congratulations to Alabama. It's terrible the opposing QB had to go out, but in the end the game is a team sport. I saw a lot of dropped balls on the Texas side, so it's hard to put it all on the backup.

Ingrahm preformed beautifully in what was a pretty ugly game. What was up with that fake punt? :chuckle:

TedSlimmJr
01-08-2010, 02:30 AM
Congratulations to Alabama. It's terrible the opposing QB had to go out, but in the end the game is a team sport. I saw a lot of dropped balls on the Texas side, so it's hard to put it all on the backup.

Ingrahm preformed beautifully in what was a pretty ugly game. What was up with that fake punt? :chuckle:

What fake punt? Fitzgerald never "faked" like he was going to punt it....it was a pass the whole time...:lol:

I hated to see McCoy get hurt.....but there's a few other quarterbacks that faced Bama's defense this year that would pat him on the back and welcome him to the club.....

Rafiki
01-08-2010, 02:35 AM
What fake punt? Fitzgerald never "faked" like he was going to punt it....it was a pass the whole time...:lol:

I hated to see McCoy get hurt.....but there's a few other quarterbacks that faced Bama's defense this year that would pat him on the back and welcome him to the club.....

They shook up the backup too and he almost went out of the game; and that hit he took on a completion in the fourth quarter was ferocious.

Alabama really should have slammed the door, though. Letting them back in the game by running 3 and out in the last 5 mins of the third quarter was dangerous.

TedSlimmJr
01-08-2010, 02:47 AM
They shook up the backup too and he almost went out of the game; and that hit he took on a completion in the fourth quarter was ferocious.

Alabama really should have slammed the door, though. Letting them back in the game by running 3 and out in the last 5 mins of the third quarter was dangerous.

They got too conservative with the playcalling....got comfortable....

Texas secondary is right up there with Bama and Florida's....McElwain didn't want to take any chances....

But I fault Kirby Smart more for letting Texas back in the game....Applewhite kept getting Shipley matched up on a safety (either Barron or Woodall) in man coverage instead of a corner and Smart never adjusted until it was almost too late....

The complex blitzes that Smart was sending was worth it for a while and it worked on the freshman when Texas wasn't going downfield with the ball....problem is it leaves you with a safety matched up on a WR a lot of times....

Rafiki
01-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Shipley is good, though. His route running is superior to a lot of players. I think for sure he'll start in the NFL.

TedSlimmJr
01-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Yeah in the slot....you can't just let him get a free release....you have to jam him at the line and get physical with him....the way Brian Jackson of Oklahoma did....shut Shipley down....(4 catches 22 yards)..

Shipley didn't do much in the first half with Kareem Jackson on him....when they got him matched up on the safeties is when he did his damage.....he's supposed to on a safety in man coverage...

dreday
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
ROLL TIDE ROLL...its been a long time coming....