PDA

View Full Version : STRONG possibility for this to be top 11 picks.

SR 7
01-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Teams based on NEED with a strong BPA that FITS both need and bpa for them.
I think it goes such:
STL - Suh
Det - Okung
TB - McCoy
Wash - Bradford
KC - I can see them going iwth an ILB for the 3-4 or even Spiller or Price.
Sea - Berry
CLE - CLausen
OAK - NO CLUE honestly, prob someone fast.
Buff - Williams LT or even Cody (Not a fan of his, can see him drop)
Jack - Morgan or Price or Griffen ( they 100% will go D line i think horrible pass rush team)
Den - Haden, Bryant, or Dunlap.

Miami SHOULD have Bryant, McClain, Spikes (not a fan of over McClain), Weatherspoon (ILB) etc to choose from. Strong possibility lots of talented players on hte board.

JCane
01-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Berry goes way higher. Anyone who passes on Eric Berry should be fired immediately.

SR 7
01-07-2010, 05:05 AM
Berry goes way higher. Anyone who passes on Eric Berry should be fired immediately.

STL wants Suh apparently and TB wants Suh but will have to trade up and not worth it.
So they take McCoy,
Detroit drafted Delmas and their O line is horrendous so they take a OL.
Berry MIGHT go to TB too.
Wash has Landry and forgot the UCLA guys name so that aint happening.
KC can take him as well.
Point is, those players are ALL expected to go top 10 so a lot of good players should be ushed back to our spot at 12.

Ozfin77
01-07-2010, 05:07 AM
As much as I want him, I dont see us having a chance at McClain unless we trade up.

If KC dont take him, I wouldnt be surprised to see CLE or OAK pick him. If they dont, then JAC or DEN surely will.

I actually like the idea of trading down and still getting a great player. As you say, there'll still be alot of good talent at #12 so our phone may run hot!...lol.

JCane
01-07-2010, 05:08 AM
We should trade up for Eric Berry. That's a game changing difference maker if I ever seen one. He's the ONLY guy I've seen that warrants us trading up to get him since I can't remember when. I'm usually a BIG fan of trading down and picking up more picks. This is a RARE occasion I'd like to trade up to get a kid.

JCane
01-07-2010, 05:09 AM
As much as I want him, I dont see us having a chance at McClain unless we trade up.

If KC dont take him, I wouldnt be surprised to see CLE or OAK pick him. If they dont, then JAC or DEN surely will.

McClain is a great player and will make immediate contributions...so why the hell would Oakland bother with him?

:lol:

SR 7
01-07-2010, 05:10 AM

Den just signed DJ toa big contract, I doubt they go 2 very expensive ILBs.
and Holliday is on that D line shows how old it is so I think they go DL as well.

CLE will go QB first...look at the disaster htey had this year at QB.
McClain can fall to us and if not leaves room for Bryant falling to us which would be amazing/awesome and even a guy like Weatherspoon can play the ILB role perfectly well for us who migh tbe a bit of a surprise/reach pick liek the Jarod Mayo pick of NE 2 yrs back.

BARF
01-07-2010, 05:11 AM
berry will more likely go to the skins to replace the late great sean taylor

JCane
01-07-2010, 05:11 AM
A lot of people are going to be disappointed when Dez Bryant is sitting there and we pass.

JCane
01-07-2010, 05:12 AM
berry will more likely go to the skins to replace the late great sean taylor

Gotta think Washington goes with Sam Bradford.

SR 7
01-07-2010, 05:12 AM
McClain is a great player and will make immediate contributions...so why the hell would Oakland bother with him?

exactly especially if he runs a 4.6 for a 250 plus lb ILB and not a 4.3 ;)

Ozfin77
01-07-2010, 05:14 AM
A lot of people are going to be disappointed when Dez Bryant is sitting there and we pass.

Not me! :lol:

Good call!..:rimshot: :lol::lol:

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 05:42 AM
STL - Suh I agree. Suh will go first regardless of trades or anything else.
Det - Okung I agree. They will go with line or C.J. Spiller. They missed on Peterson a few years ago for the Megatron. I can see Detroit going for Spiller.
TB - McCoy No way. Tampa drafted a stud QB last year. They play cover two and Eric berry is their guy 100%.
Wash - Bradford I would not be so sure. I think Shanahan may go for an OT or a playmaker here.
KC - I can see them going iwth an ILB for the 3-4 or even Spiller or Price. KC could go for Dez or Gresham. Their situation with Bowe and Chambers is uncertain. They draft some OLmen last season, as well as the TE who I don't think they are happy with.
Sea - Berry No. Berry is gone to Tampa. Seattle will probably go for OT like Baluga fromIowa or whoever is highest rated.
CLE - CLausen I don't think that Cleveland is ready to give up on Quinn or Anderson. Cleveland has needs at RT and receivers as well as defense. They lost Edwards and a TE. I would not be surprised if they go for Bryant if available, or RT, or Gresham, or McClain.
OAK - NO CLUE honestly, prob someone fast. Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford. A QB for sure.
Buff - Williams LT or even Cody (Not a fan of his, can see him drop) Buffalo lost Jason Peters. TO is a question mark as well Evans as well as Marshawn Lynch, but I think they are happy with Jackson and Trent Edwards. I see them going for Greg Hardy DE, or OT, Golden Tate. Of course, it depnds on the new hiring here.
Jack - Morgan or Price or Griffen ( they 100% will go D line i think horrible pass rush team) Joe Haden or Brandon Spikes.
Den - Joe haden or Brandon Spikes

JCane
01-07-2010, 05:43 AM
No way CJ Spiller goes top 10. Probably not even top 15.

OrlandoFin
01-07-2010, 07:31 AM
I think those are pretty much the guys. Not sure I agree where you have them going, but it's a long ways out yet and many things will change.

I do think McClain and Bryant get picked before Miami is on the board, the X factor IMO is Spiller. Someone may see Johnson all over him and take him. He is the best offensive playmaker in the draft.

OrlandoFin
01-07-2010, 07:36 AM
TB - McCoy No way. Tampa drafted a stud QB last year. They play cover two and Eric berry is their guy 100%.

I am assuming he means Gerald McCoy, and I could see Tampa going that way, because he is a worth a top 5 pick as well and Tampa was horrible against the run in fact the worst in the NFL.

Possum
01-07-2010, 07:37 AM
thats why the dolphins are going to trade up for him.:chuckle:

emeraldfin
01-07-2010, 08:07 AM

OAK - NO CLUE honestly, prob someone fast. Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford. A QB for sure.

I highly assume that he is talking about the DT from Oklahoma Gerald McCoy and not QB Colt McCoy. It's a good pick IMO.

As for the Raiders, Walterfootball got that pick spot on last season with Heyward-Bay and this season they are predicting Ryan Mallett, Taylor Mays, Carlos Dunlap, Bruce Campbell or Everson Griffen to be the pick for the Raiders. With the numbers Mays will put up at the combine thats who I see Al Davis going for personally.

nosleep
01-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Why do you have TB taking McCoy? I see them taking Spiller (or Berry) ahead of McCoy.

Pat-London
01-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I see Washington as a possible trade down which could throw the board up in the air.

I also see Miami trading down, if the likes of Bryant, McClain and Spikes are available, there could be a lot of interest.

So the question is... What has greater value, getting multiple picks or going with one of those 3 players?

SwimminInIndy
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
[quote=SR 7;1063281154]
[quote]
:lol::lol::lol:

That is the funniest thing I have seen today....Thanks for making me litterally laugh out loud!

OrlandoFin
01-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Why do you have TB taking McCoy? I see them taking Spiller (or Berry) ahead of McCoy.

Tampa could go in just about any direction, but Morris is a defensive guy and I could see them going Berry if he's there, but I feel they need to upgrade the D Line first. They are putrid against the run.

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I see Washington as a possible trade down which could throw the board up in the air.

I also see Miami trading down, if the likes of Bryant, McClain and Spikes are available, there could be a lot of interest.

So the question is... What has greater value, getting multiple picks or going with one of those 3 players?

It all depends on the FA signings IMO. If someone bites for #12, and moves us down to the 20s and gives us their second rounder, I am all for it.

RealDriscoll
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
JCane,

Have you ever seen CJ Spiller play? To disqualify him from the top 15 in the draft is just dumb

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
gerald mccoy is a hell of a player...tampa would do backflips if they were to get him

top 5 worthy all the way

Breed
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I think it goes such:
STL - Suh
Det - Okung
TB - McCoy
Wash - Bradford
Sea - Berry
CLE - CLausen
Jack - Morgan or Price or Griffen ( they 100% will go D line i think horrible pass rush team)

Miami SHOULD have Bryant, McClain, Spikes (not a fan of over McClain), Weatherspoon (ILB) etc to choose from. Strong possibility lots of talented players on hte board.

I'm thinking Berry goes to T.B.

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
tb was in the huge bidding for haynesworth last offseason and almost got him...

translation: they want a top notch dt and aren't afraid to spend big money for one

they take gerald mccoy if he gets by detroit

OrlandoFin
01-07-2010, 10:38 AM
tb was in the huge bidding for haynesworth last offseason and almost got him...

translation: they want a top notch dt and aren't afraid to spend big money for one

they take gerald mccoy if he gets by detroit

My feelings as well. Berry is a talent, but defense starts up front, and McCoy is a game changer up front.

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 10:44 AM
i don't think it matters cause i think detroit is gonna jump on mccoy at #2 if suh is gone and get them a off tackle at the top of round #2

i wouldn't take any off tackle over mccoy if i ran a 4-3 and had needs in both areas

WelcomeBack
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM

Depending on who it is we pick, I wouldn't be disappointed.

I'd probably just hope for Benn, Tate or Gilyard in the next round.

OrlandoFin
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
i don't think it matters cause i think detroit is gonna jump on mccoy at #2 if suh is gone and get them a off tackle at the top of round #2

i wouldn't take any off tackle over mccoy if i ran a 4-3 and had needs in both areas

I think Detroit goes OT. They have a lot of money invested in Staford and need him on the field. Bakus is not the answer at LT. They need a DT but its a very deep draft. I think they will address defense starting in round 2.

ChambersWI
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM
STL - Suh-Yeah more than likely. Spags is probably drooling at the prospects of having Suh with Chris Long, Adam Carriker, and Little Animal.
Det - Okung-maybe... Gerald McCoy is possible because Schwartz's defense is reliant on a strong DL. Eric Berry is possible too because the Detroit safeties not named Louis Delmas sucked
TB - McCoy-either him or Berry. They need a playmaker on the DL, and Berry has played in Raheem Morris's defense under Monte Kiffen
Wash - Bradford-Maybe, but they could/should go OL like Okung or Anthony Davis. Chris Samuels had to retire due to injuries and their RTs aren't great either
KC - I can see them going iwth an ILB for the 3-4 or even Spiller or Price.-McClain is a possibility, as is Berry if he falls, but they need OL help badly.
Sea - Berry-Yeah if he falls here, but they need a RB badly (like Spiller), or they could go with the local boy Taylor Mays, or OL
CLE - CLausen-maybe, they need a pass rush
OAK - NO CLUE honestly, prob someone fast.-name to watch for them... Jason Pierre-Paul. Or Carlos Dunlap
Buff - Williams LT or even Cody (Not a fan of his, can see him drop)-Another team that needs a pass rush since Aaron Schobel is leaning towards retiring. But OL is likely
Jack - Morgan or Price or Griffen ( they 100% will go D line i think horrible pass rush team)-I will call the shocker and say Tim Tebow. The owner has publicly stated that he'd draft Tebow cause he's from Jax, and they need something to sell tickets.
Den - Haden, Bryant, or Dunlap.-They won't take Haden after trading a first for Alphonso Smith. They could use another pass rusher to help Dummerville, but IMO they go ILB since Andra Davis isn't special and DJ Williams is out of place in a 3-4

RockyMtnPhinfan
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
There's no way TB is going to draft a QB that high. Does the name Josh Freeman ring a bell?

WelcomeBack
01-07-2010, 12:33 PM
There's no way TB is going to draft a QB that high. Does the name Josh Freeman ring a bell?

I think he meant Gerald McCoy, not Colt.

mmikel30
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
were going to take a defensive player no question....he will be a very physical player that's what parcels covets..... physical !

dolfan91
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I took the liberty to check around the web to get a feel for what other teams around the league could be thinking in terms of the draft ... In checking the newspapers around the top 11 picks you get a sense of what might happen come draft day ... and there were few things that stuck out... 1) apparently KC is looking at Okung, Dez Bryant or Berry as the possible choices at #3 ... 2) In Washington, now that Shannahan has become coach they also are looking at playmakers for the offense with Dez Bryant and CJ Spiller high on their list ... Washington had a good defense, but apparently lacks big play threats on offense, especially with questions surrounding the RB position ... 3) Detroit is looking Defense and Gerald McCoy has been mentioned to be high on their wish list ... 4) Buffalo also likes Dez Bryant as well as Berry and McCoy ... but know that both might not be available to them when they pick ... my point in all this is, that Dez Bryant is a hotter commodity than many of the Dolphin fan base realizes ... also most of the QB's have alot of questions surrounding them health wise and might not be top 10 picks ... leaving several teams to pick other options in the top 10 ... Miami looks like they will be able to have many options available to them on the DEFENSIVE side of the ball come pick #12 ... the offensive line is being mentioned alot in the picks above Miami ... which could bode well for them ... Okung, the Rutgers' OT and Iowas' OT could all go top 10... right now Bryant looks like wishful thinking on Miamis' part!!!

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree. Spiller and Bryant will be high on the list of at least 5-6 teams ahead of us, which is not good for us because then we have less leverage to trade down.

dolfan91
01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
I also saw that in Cleveland, they are looking for DB's and DL's ... apparently they love the way the new kid runs the rock!!! and think they could win with the QB's they have on the roster... Joe Haden and Dunlop could be possibilities in Cleveland ... In Denver the are looking at defense and yes McClain was mentioned prominently in Denver!!! Oakland thinks a LT could solve alot of the issues on the offense ... just thought i'd mention what i have found on the internet... GO FINS!!!

Orlando Fan
01-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I took the liberty to check around the web to get a feel for what other teams around the league could be thinking in terms of the draft ... In checking the newspapers around the top 11 picks you get a sense of what might happen come draft day ... and there were few things that stuck out... 1) apparently KC is looking at Okung, Dez Bryant or Berry as the possible choices at #3 ... 2) In Washington, now that Shannahan has become coach they also are looking at playmakers for the offense with Dez Bryant and CJ Spiller high on their list ... Washington had a good defense, but apparently lacks big play threats on offense, especially with questions surrounding the RB position ... 3) Detroit is looking Defense and Gerald McCoy has been mentioned to be high on their wish list ... 4) Buffalo also likes Dez Bryant as well as Berry and McCoy ... but know that both might not be available to them when they pick ... my point in all this is, that Dez Bryant is a hotter commodity than many of the Dolphin fan base realizes ... also most of the QB's have alot of questions surrounding them health wise and might not be top 10 picks ... leaving several teams to pick other options in the top 10 ... Miami looks like they will be able to have many options available to them on the DEFENSIVE side of the ball come pick #12 ... the offensive line is being mentioned alot in the picks above Miami ... which could bode well for them ... Okung, the Rutgers' OT and Iowas' OT could all go top 10... right now Bryant looks like wishful thinking on Miamis' part!!!

Good info, but just like us some decisions will be made during FA that could adjust things a bit. If Bryant and Spiller are there at #12 then good for us as others have said it will gives us leverage and the possiblity of trading down for more picks or picking up a stud on defense or maybe offense.

#1dolphinsfan
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
the only way Den goes Bryant is if a new CBA is reached and they loss Brandon Marshall

hooshoops
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM

that's why we need some teams to fall in love with as many of these qbs as possible...ie clausen, bradford, mccoy, tebow, and mallett if he came out

MiamiDolfan85
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I think it goes such:
STL - Suh
Det - Okung
TB - McCoy
Wash - Bradford
Sea - Berry
CLE - CLausen

ur higher than Kanye West at the VMA Awards if you think Denvers not going to take McClain.

3rdandinches
01-07-2010, 03:40 PM
the only way Den goes Bryant is if a new CBA is reached and they loss Brandon Marshall

Their going to trade him, he doesn't want to be there and if there's a CBA they'll tag and trade him especially if they sign Dummerville early.

Therfore I believe they go after Dez to replace him.

fgrocker
01-07-2010, 04:24 PM

I actually like the idea of trading down and still getting a great player. As you say, there'll still be alot of good talent at #12 so our phone may run hot!...lol.

We said the same thing with Brady Quinn. At this point, I can't figure out if we're thankful or not we didn't end up picking him.

dolfan91
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
I just saw ESPNEWS and Mel Kiper has just stated that Brandon Spikes is a guy that is falling in the draft ... i also want to say i had read something earlier in the season about Spikes falling due to his lack of foot speed!!! i saw an article by Wes Bunting of the National Football Post, stated that Spikes was slow footed and that was the same reasons ILB's in last years draft FELL to the 2nd round ... Kiper feels that Spikes could fall to the 3rd-4th round area if he doesn't run well at the combine... i usually don't pay too much attention to ESPN anymore, due to the abundance of draft info i can get online... but, if Kiper is now echoing what some of the experts online are saying about Spikes .... Will this mean Miami be making a HUGE REACH if they do draft Spikes at #12 .... i KNOW, BP is smarter than me and anyone else who's not in the business... and already knows what the others have been saying!! so with this in mind, i THINK BP passes on Spikes in round #1

dahlmarino
01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
I just saw ESPNEWS and Mel Kiper has just stated that Brandon Spikes is a guy that is falling in the draft ... i also want to say i had read something earlier in the season about Spikes falling due to his lack of foot speed!!! i saw an article by Wes Bunting of the National Football Post, stated that Spikes was slow footed and that was the same reasons ILB's in last years draft FELL to the 2nd round ... Kiper feels that Spikes could fall to the 3rd-4th round area if he doesn't run well at the combine... i usually don't pay too much attention to ESPN anymore, due to the abundance of draft info i can get online... but, if Kiper is now echoing what some of the experts online are saying about Spikes .... Will this mean Miami be making a HUGE REACH if they do draft Spikes at #12 .... i KNOW, BP is smarter than me and anyone else who's not in the business... and already knows what the others have been saying!! so with this in mind, i THINK BP passes on Spikes in round #1

I'm a little hesitant on Spikes myself, though it's for the opposite reason. In the footage I've seen of him, it looks like he relies a little too much on his athleticism and doesn't do a great job of reading plays or picking up assignments. If he comes to Miami I hope I'm wrong but I see a lot of Crowder in him.

XxfeensterxX
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Eric Berry would be a dream come true for this team.

SR 7
01-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I think a guy like Weatherspoon might be the desired choice for ILB.
I think Dansby is a strong possibility just depends if hte FO is willing to drop 25 mill guaranteed on him.

Ruud, D'Qwell, and Johnson are guys I see them investing $$ on hoping they can revive their careers. (meaning johnson). I'd love Ruud but think D'Qwell has injury issues.

JCane
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
JCane,

Have you ever seen CJ Spiller play? To disqualify him from the top 15 in the draft is just dumb

I've seen him play numerous times. He's right here in my backyard. I seen him up close and personal when Clemson came to Miami last year. He's impressive. He's lightning fast, he's elusive, shifty, has great vision,etc. He's a game changer.

But he's average against real competition. He was damn near invisible against SEC bottom feeder, South Carolina. That's a big rivalry game. You gotta step it up. And I never disqualified him from the top 15. I said it was probable that he slip out of the top 15.

There's good reason for that. Look around the league man. The writing is on the wall. Running backs don't have that long of a shelf life anymore. This isn't the Jim Brown era. The NFL has never been more physical and more violent than it is now. Running backs are taking a pounding. Who are the best backs in this league? Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson....who after that? It's tough isn't it? The running back position is changing drastically. Teams will still need to be able to run the football but it's becoming more situational rather than need. Teams will still need to run the football in short yardage situations and for clock management.

Offenses have never thrown the ball as much as they do now. Look at the wide receiver position around the league. Some teams have three really good ones. You're seeing spread offenses. It's all about scoring quickly. The NFL has even shaped rules to benefit offenses. Changing the 10 yard window in which defenders could bump receivers off the line to a 5 yard window is the SOLE reason Dan Marino's single season touchdown record fell. That record fell the very year the rule was put in place and even that new record was done one better the following year.

This game is changing. Look around. I see it so I'm sure these NFL scouts and general managers see it as well. CJ Spiller is a phenomenal talent but there aren't a lot of teams picking high in the draft that have a truly pressing need at the running back position. I think a very good football team will get lucky and have CJ Spiller fall right into their lap. So when Spiller falls out of the top 10 don't be suprised. And if he falls out of the top 15 don't be surprised either. But I think he very well could go in the 13 to 19 range.

PALMA
01-08-2010, 02:43 AM
You think so JCane? The draft is a comparative process. One year after Hester explodes unto the scene as a 2nd rounder return extraordinaire, Ginn goes top 10. A year later DeSean Jackson slips to the second round in large part I believe to the Ginn comparison.

With Chris Johnson's enormous success, teams will not wait long to draft Spiller. No way he falls out of the top 15, and heck the Raiders might be willing to gamble yet again on a speed back. It's a copy-cat league and the draft is a hugely comparative process. What player does he remind you of in the pros and what was that players success? A guy like Jake Long gets drafted #1 overall because Parcells and Co. compare him very favorably to Jumbo Elliot. That draft pick was easy. After seeing what Chris Johnson has done to the league the past couple years, coupled with what he did against us (still very productive in that game), I highly doubt Spiller isn't highly thought of with our regime.

The priority number one remains defense, but Spiller and Dez Bryant will get long hard looks. Passing on them may be disastrous considering how much the NFL has turned into a passing league.

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 02:49 AM
What player does he remind you of in the pros and what was that players success? .

C.J. Spiller reminds me a lot of LaDainian Tomlinson. He's a tough smallish running back who can hit the whole quickly, but will also be tackled a lot behind the line. He has a quick change of direction step and burst, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. To me, he is a lot like LaDainian. (LT was drafted 1st round, pick 5, and Spiller's numbers are nowhere near LT in college. His stats and size are more comparable to Chris Johnson.)

PALMA
01-08-2010, 03:01 AM
You know that's a good comparison. L.T. is a bit stockier with smaller legs. Spiller legs are longer giving him those longer strides.

I'd compare him more to a Terrell Davis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTza50UcbGo

Fast forward to about the 1:00 mark.

And Spiller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf0kC-w9lU

Spiller is about 10-15 pounds lighter.

PALMA
01-08-2010, 03:05 AM
Oh yes, having said that, I have little doubt Shanahan takes Spiller at #6. Considering Portis' age and Campbells underrated abilities, Spiller belongs in the zone blocking scheme.

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Oh yes, having said that, I have little doubt Shanahan takes Spiller at #6. Considering Portis' age and Campbells underrated abilities, Spiller belongs in the zone blocking scheme.

I do have doubts about the direction Shanahan will take. But I am more optimistic about Spiller going in top 12.

fgrocker
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM

You mean the guy who made a name for himself by turning 6th round picks into 1000 yard guys?

Shanahan likes one cut backs who hit the hole hard. Spiller doesn't fit that MO.

Yamilo
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
There is no way STL picks up Suh, they need a QB.

Dolphin Dave
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
No way CJ Spiller goes top 10. Probably not even top 15.

I wouldn't rule the Crypt Keeper in Oakland out on that one. If Spiller runs as fast as advertised at the combine Davis might fall in love. He has done stranger things.

DaytonaDolFan13
01-08-2010, 06:36 PM
YIPPE CHI YEEA motherfudruckers its MCCLAIN !!!!!!!

JCane
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't rule the Crypt Keeper in Oakland out on that one. If Spiller runs as fast as advertised at the combine Davis might fall in love. He has done stranger things.

LOL

I can't say I disagree with this...but they just drafted Darren McFadden not too terribly long ago. JaMarcus Russell is out. They need a QB. Maybe Jimmy Clausen. Maybe Sam Bradford. Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if the Raiders took that bum Taylor Mays. Mays can bench press a Toyota Hybrid. Al Davis loves that.

ticophin
01-08-2010, 08:00 PM
LOL

I can't say I disagree with this...but they just drafted Darren McFadden not too terribly long ago. JaMarcus Russell is out. They need a QB. Maybe Jimmy Clausen. Maybe Sam Bradford. Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if the Raiders took that bum Taylor Mays. Mays can bench press a Toyota Hybrid. Al Davis loves that.
Hey JCane, Hybrids are not that heavy....maybe you and me, on a good day and after a pitcher, could bench press one. Now, if you tell me he could bench press Jamarcus Russel.....:ohno:

3rdandinches
01-08-2010, 08:33 PM
LOL

No way Al gives up on the greatest QB in the world, I actually think it's Spiller or Mays. Speed is the only talent Al looks at, maybe they take some overrated OT.

JCane
01-08-2010, 09:37 PM
No way Al gives up on the greatest QB in the world, I actually think it's Spiller or Mays. Speed is the only talent Al looks at, maybe they take some overrated OT.
I'm telling you guys lol....Russell is out in Oakland.

skipp2myloo13
01-09-2010, 02:36 AM

Just wait for the Pick up Russell. Russell v. Henne battle threads. They are on their way.

2413fanphins
01-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Just wait for the Pick up Russell. Russell v. Henne battle threads. They are on their way.

LOL... they had better not be.

JCane
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM

My God you're probably right.

:facepalm:

Vaark
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM

I recommend that anyone who starts such a thread, or responds favorably for that matter should be automatically immediately banned by the mods for being unworthy to post on FH on the grounds of unrehabitatable stupidity.

JCane
01-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I recommend that anyone who starts such a thread, or responds favorably for that matter should be automatically immediately banned by the mods for being unworthy to post on FH on the grounds of unrehabitatable stupidity.

Funny you should mention this. I was eating pancakes earlier this morning and was thinking of dong exactly such. God knows I was sick of seeing threads about Michael Vick when all of his crap was going around.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how JaMarcus Russell and FinHeaven correlate to pancakes.

:confused:

Breed
01-09-2010, 11:33 AM

I can hear it now....

"What's so wrong with Russell? He's athletic with a big arm, and he had a better QB rating in his 2nd year than what Henne had in his 2nd year".

JCane
01-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I can hear it now....

"What's so wrong with Russell? He's athletic with a big arm, and he had a better QB rating in his 2nd year than what Henne had in his 2nd year".

Former #1 overall pick! We can at least bring him in and see what he's got!

:crazy:

Vaark
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Former #1 overall pick! We can at least bring him in and see what he's got!

:crazy:

"Hey Oakland is The Black Hole for any talented player, look at Gabri..... errr Randy Moss."

hooshoops
01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
jamarcus russell sucks...lol

dr.jake
01-09-2010, 02:07 PM
the top eleven:
i'd say at this point the "sure" players to be off the board by the time we pick are
SUH
BERRY
OKUNG
MCCOY
and at least 1 QB.
much as i want mcclain i'm not confident he drops to us.

JCane
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM
jamarcus russell sucks...lol

Sun rises in East.

Water is wet.

LikeUntoGod
01-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I came up with this idea on another site and it is interesting. Shift though the top 10-20 draft sites/mock drafts and see who the 10-15 players who are picked most often to go from 1-11.

Then let us talk about who we like.

I can tell you that on all of them except for one, Berry, Byrant and McClain are all taken before our pick. In that one, we took McClain.

Namor
01-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Sun rises in East.

Water is wet.

J. Russell called T.Cody after the title game to ask him
where he buys his clothes.:)

Oraclepz
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
I can hear it now....

Jamarcus had a QB rating???? news to me...

Fresh
01-10-2010, 01:06 AM
If that happens I'm done with this regime.

ColonelJ
01-10-2010, 01:09 AM
If that happens I'm done with this regime.

Why? Would OLB Sergio Kindle or ILB Brandon Spikes disappoint you at #12? If we can get Gilyard, Demaryius thomas, Benn in the 2nd?

jlfin
01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Why? Would OLB Sergio Kindle or ILB Brandon Spikes disappoint you at #12? If we can get Gilyard, Demaryius thomas, Benn in the 2nd?

Brandon Spikes is NOT a top 20 player. The ONLY ILB worth the 12th pick is McClain.
I'm not in favor of a WR (Bryant) with our 1st pick, but the pick has to be a value pick. If he's the highest rated player, you take him.
I still can't believe Cam and Mueller had Ginn rated over Willis (regardless of how they felt about Brady Quinn)

houtz
01-10-2010, 11:56 AM

That would make me just as furious as the Ginn pick. Kindle looked like a one trick pony in the National Championship game. He'll be there in the second IMO.

Spikes is a late first, early second round player. If Bryant is there and he's the sure cut BPA then we take him. If we don't I too will be pissed. Even if we do have other needs. We can't forget about Free Agency.

hooshoops
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
kindle needs time to get stronger in his lower body to be a more effective run defender and set the edge...

there's potential there but i see a guy who's gonna take time...

i know one thing...i wouldn't take kindle this year and expect for him to be my day 1 starter on the strongside...no way no how

as such i give him a 3rd round grade for our needs...guy that's gonna need time to develop and get stronger...and like others said i don't see much of a pass rush arsenal...he's not just gonna run around and juke guys at the next level...he's gonna have to engage use his hands and get off blocks and develop as a pass rusher...he's raw just about everywhere

2nd round imo we can do better elsewhere