PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun, if we had the #1 pick in the draft

Harry_Bagpipe
01-07-2010, 09:21 PM
who would you take? No trading down :chuckle:

Suh even though he's more of a 4-3 DT. Would you change your defense to fit his strengths?

eric berry? fills a huge need but is he a stretch for #1

Mccoy? see suh

Okung? could slide Carey to RG and put Okung at RT

or would you take the "franchise qb" giving up on henne

ColonelJ
01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
You are joking right? Suh and it's not even close.

greasyObnoxious
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
trade down :chuckle:

that would depend on whether you think Suh can play NT. i don't think he would be a good fit there, so i'd take Berry.

#1dolphinsfan
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Suh or Berry most likly suh

X-Pacolypse
01-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Suh. No question in my mind.

Daytona Fin
01-07-2010, 10:53 PM
tim tebow just for fun , we need another wildcat addition:crazy:

LouPhinFan
01-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Suh and let him play DE in our 3-4.

Kdawg954
01-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Either way u can't lose, but if we took Berry, we wouldn't be taking the BPA. This team is not talented enuff not to take the BPA, so u gotta go Suh.

Ideally u trade down, pick up a first for 2011, and take McClain/Berry between 5 and 10. Go defense for the entire draft . . . play tough this year, go into next year drafting Julio Jones and Mark Ingram in the first round, and we win the Super Bowl in 2012.

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Suh eats tackles for breakfast

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 01:22 AM
it would be suh or berry for me...and since i've come to the realization that suh is more a penetrating disruptive force than a guy who occupies blockers i'd take berry

and be STOKED

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 01:23 AM
it would be suh or berry for me...and since i've come to the realization that suh is more a penetrating disruptive force than a guy who occupies blockers i'd take berry

and be STOKED

Can you honestly go wrong with either? I think not.

Nonetheless, if I was a GM sitting at #1, I could not let go of Suh. That is one mean mofo.

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Can you honestly go wrong with either? I think not.

Nonetheless, if I was a GM sitting at #1, I could not let go of Suh. That is one mean mofo.

yeah he is...no doubt

but as bad as our free safety play has been i RUN the name eric berry to the podium...lol

Pinkboy
01-08-2010, 01:34 AM
DolGinn wants Kam Chancellor at #1 overall and his family in the 2nd.

PALMA
01-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Suh will make a lot of money in the next coming months. What an animal.

BARF
01-08-2010, 02:30 AM
i will take the "house of spears." suh

Gadsden86
01-08-2010, 08:35 AM
With the concensis. I take Suh

PhinsRDbest
01-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Suh and let him play and redefine the Nose Tackle position for at least a decade.

JCane
01-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Suh DOES NOT fit our defensive scheme. He's a GREAT player and will have a very nice career in thi league but he's not what we need.

Anyone who didn't say ERIC EFFING BERRY is wrong lol. He's the best player in this draft by a mile and a half.

XxfeensterxX
01-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Suh DOES NOT fit our defensive scheme. He's a GREAT player and will have a very nice career in thi league but he's not what we need.

Anyone who didn't say ERIC EFFING BERRY is wrong lol. He's the best player in this draft by a mile and a half.

Yup, I keep hoping someway we will get him , but I tend to dream a lot :rolleyes2:

Nick13
01-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Berry certainly fills a HUGE need for us and is the best player in the draft at his position in a long time.

However, Ndamukong Suh is BEASTLY. Just manhandles O-linemen.

Suh is TOUGH to pass up, but since he lacks pass rushing moves and relies purely on strength and athleticism i question his ability to get a decent pass rush from the 3-4 end spot as NFL tackles are a different breed than college tackles. He'd be a monster against the run, but we already have solid run stopping D-linemen.

Berry on the other hand gives us one of the youngest and most talented secondaries in the league. Smith and Davis both proved they are up to the task of being NFL corners, and putting Berry behind them will only make them better.

Berry has to be the pick, although it's really splitting hairs as either will probably improve your team immensely.

MP-Omnis
01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
If I had the 1st pick, I'd get Suh and trade down for Eric Berry and Dan Williams/Terrance Cody.

JCane
01-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Berry certainly fills a HUGE need for us and is the best player in the draft at his position in a long time.

However, Ndamukong Suh is BEASTLY. Just manhandles O-linemen.

Suh is TOUGH to pass up, but since he lacks pass rushing moves and relies purely on strength and athleticism i question his ability to get a decent pass rush from the 3-4 end spot as NFL tackles are a different breed than college tackles. He'd be a monster against the run, but we already have solid run stopping D-linemen.

Berry on the other hand gives us one of the youngest and most talented secondaries in the league. Smith and Davis both proved they are up to the task of being NFL corners, and putting Berry behind them will only make them better.

Berry has to be the pick, although it's really splitting hairs as either will probably improve your team immensely.

THANK YOU.

People, READ THIS POST if you said Suh.

:thanks:

ColonelJ
01-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I love Eric Berry. But SUH is so athletic and powerful, I'd move him around on D's weakest gap all day long and watch them scratch their head.

JCane
01-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I love Eric Berry. But SUH is so athletic and powerful, I'd move him around on D's weakest gap all day long and watch them scratch their head.

But he doesn't fit the type of defense we run. He'd still be pretty good...but you won't get the same Suh you get in Nebraska...if you're going to draft him, you wantthat same dominance that he exudes at Nebraska.

ColonelJ
01-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Suh is the kind of player that makes Girl Wilson and Sam Madison look good, just the Giants D did and Timbo and Gardner and Armstrong did. He creates a pressure cooker.

Dolphin Dave
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Suh and let him play DE in our 3-4.

This. Suh would be a monster DE. I love the guys motor. Its non stop and just plain nasty.

hooshoops
01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
suh lacks pass rush moves??? what???

suh is a quick penetrating dt and a best fit for a 4-3 defense...if you put him at end in a 3-4 you don't get the most out of him...could he do it...absolutely but you're not getting the most bang for your buck imo

suhs hand usage imo is unmatched in the college game

eric berry is the best pure fit for us and the best need fit...not to mention if not the top the 2nd best player available in the draft

uʍop ǝpısdn
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Eric Berry

I'm not sure why so many people think Suh is easily the BPA. I think Berry is the BPA, and he also would be a better fit for us.

Hoot {MWB}
01-10-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm a bit partial, but I have watched every game Suh has played in the last two years. That man is a machine. His junior year he showed flashes of greatness, then the Pelini brothers really helped him step up his game, and senior year was dominating.

Those who say he wouldn't be a good fit....ridiculous. Suh could play any position on the D-Line and excel in the NFL. He's that good. We would watch him defeat triple teams at times, and still make a sack! Its unreal. Oh to have the 1st pick of the draft....

Jake Long vs Suh battles in camp would be fun to watch.

j-off-her-doll
01-10-2010, 08:47 AM

Was waiting to read a post that isn't absolutely retarded. Suh is not a NT, and our DE position is one of our strongest. Also, you don't draft a 3-4 DE #1. The choice is obviously Berry. Berry would bring to our D what E. Reed and Troy P. bring to their D's.

fgrocker
01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Either way u can't lose, but if we took Berry, we wouldn't be taking the BPA. This team is not talented enuff not to take the BPA, so u gotta go Suh.

Ideally u trade down, pick up a first for 2011, and take McClain/Berry between 5 and 10. Go defense for the entire draft . . . play tough this year, go into next year drafting Julio Jones and Mark Ingram in the first round, and we win the Super Bowl in 2012.

How is it that people still think it's easy to trade out of the #1 pick?

NO TEAM WANTS TO GIVE UP TWO 1st ROUNDERS FOR A LARGER CONTRACT!!!

Kdawg954
01-10-2010, 09:30 PM
How is it that people still think it's easy to trade out of the #1 pick?

NO TEAM WANTS TO GIVE UP TWO 1st ROUNDERS FOR A LARGER CONTRACT!!!

I said ideally . . . doesn't mean it would be easy.