PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a shot at Mclain?

madmic21
01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
He would be a perfect fit. We probably pick too late. But it would be SOOOO!!! nice.

Daytona Fin
01-07-2010, 11:45 PM
we have about 50 of these mclain threads. check those for answers

madmic21
01-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Sorry bro. I checked and didn't see any in broad daylight so I asked. Note to self lots of rules and smugness popping up on Finheaven.

Daytona Fin
01-07-2010, 11:52 PM
no prob. theres a mclain or bryant thread that pops up every 30 min

MadDog 88
01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
It's hard to see him getting past Denver.

sm0kinfins
01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Sorry bro. I checked and didn't see any in broad daylight so I asked. Note to self lots of rules and smugness popping up on Finheaven.

You've got 208 posts on this site bro, you should already be well aware of the smugness. ;)

ps. My son has that same Fins outfit.

BigJP
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Hey better than the start tyler thigpen threads, or trade everyone for brandon marshall threads, Or can we get a first for cam wake threads.

madmic21
01-08-2010, 12:01 AM
You've got 208 posts on this site bro, you should already be well aware of the smugness. ;)

ps. My son has that same Fins outfit.

My Wife has that same dadunkdadunk lol.;)

twg76
01-08-2010, 12:02 AM
It's hard to say. Miami could try to trade up by trading Joey Porter. Maybe try to work a deal with Porter, Ayodele, Camarillo, etc. I think Ferguson is getting really old and Soliai seems like a real good backup. What if Miami traded some players and moved up to #2 to get Ndamukong Suh (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010nsuh.php). He's said to be the best NT to enter the draft in years. That's just a thought though. Miami really isn't in a place right now to play the draft for one or two players. They need more help than that.

MiZFiT
01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
i dont think we do have a shot after tonight. i just dont see him slipping all the way to #12, but damn i sure wish he does!

MiZFiT
01-08-2010, 12:04 AM
It's hard to say. Miami could try to trade up by trading Joey Porter. Maybe try to work a deal with Porter, Ayodele, Camarillo, etc. I think Ferguson is getting really old and Soliai seems like a real good backup. What if Miami traded some players and moved up to #2 to get Ndamukong Suh (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010nsuh.php). He's said to be the best NT to enter the draft in years. That's just a thought though. Miami really isn't in a place right now to play the draft for one or two players. They need more help than that.

Suh is made for the 4-3, he wouldnt be as effective in miami running in the 3-4.

houtz
01-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't think we have a chance at McClain.

We'll most likely be drafting Dan Williams unless the front office really wants Dez Bryant.

Elliott 1
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM
The guy we should be considering is Travis Lewis. If Lewis declares he could turnout to be a better pro.

Lewis may lack experience but he has all the ingredients of potential Hall of Famer.

He hasn't declared yet but I think he will. After seeing so many of his buddies lose draft position because of injuries when they could have been 1st round picks the year before.

MiZFiT
I don't think we have a chance at McClain.

We'll most likely be drafting Dan Williams unless the front office really wants Dez Bryant.

i pretty sure parcells doesnt want Bryant, but if MR. ROSS wants him, they will get him.

madmic21

I wonder if the management really had a player that was high on their list if they would try to make a move. It doesn't seem that there were players in the past that warranted it. Plus we had multiple holes to fill. This year a gamebreaker at ILB or NT would make a big difference IMO.

houtz
01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
i pretty sure parcells doesnt want Bryant, but if MR. ROSS wants him, they will get him.

Do you really believe that? I think it's been stated publicly that Ross wanted a big time WR for this team. I would be very please if that were the case. Of course McClain would have to be gone for us to take a look at Bryant.

flynryan15
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
McClain is a beast and a Field General! He is out there blowing **** up and making sure everyone is in position! We need him bad! Sign Wilfork to draw double teams and let McClain run free making plays! Like Ray Ray and the Goose!

madmic21
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I really haven't wanted some1 in the draft for awhile. Even Jake I wasn't 100% sold on but this dude is a stud.

houtz
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
McClain is a beast and a Field General! He is out there blowing **** up and making sure everyone is in position! We need him bad! Sign Wilfork to draw double teams and let McClain run free making plays! Like Ray Ray and the Goose!

We'll be lucky if McClain gets by Oakland. If he does he wont get by the Broncos.

madmic21
01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
We'll be lucky if McClain gets by Oakland. If he does he wont get by the Broncos.

Sadly I think that you are right.

Phinatic8u
01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
IF the FO wants him, which im sure they do IMO he's probally #1 on there list and theres only a couple picks left before they pick they might trade spots with somebody to make sure he is there's. Which means trading ahead of Denver

ChambersWI
01-08-2010, 12:32 AM

Oakland actually has 3 good young LBs in Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, and Trevor Scott. I doubt he gets past KC, and if he does I doubt Cleveland or Denver will hesititate to take him.

madmic21
01-08-2010, 12:34 AM
IF the FO wants him, which im sure they do IMO he's probally #1 on there list and theres only a couple picks left before they pick they might trade spots with somebody to make sure he is there's. Which means trading ahead of Denver

Parcells does have a thing for stud lb's. I don't think it is a huge mistake if you fill a huge need when there are only a few needs left. I am not in complete agreement with the prevailing sentiment around here that we are far away. Our D line is young and improving. Our WR core can be addressed in FA or mid rnds. Safety is a concern as well as LB. If you can plug one of those holes with a superstar potential player in the draft. You pull the trigger.

23EmilioVasquez
01-08-2010, 12:34 AM
I would be happy with him or Bryant

houtz
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I just doubt he falls to us which is very depressing.

I really believe we go Dan Williams or trade back and acquire another draft pick in doing so taking Spikes, Williams or Hughes.

As tempting as Bryant is I think we have bigger needs at ILB/OLB. Hell even Earl Thomas could be a possibility if we trade back.

madmic21
01-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Oakland actually has 3 good young LBs in Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, and Trevor Scott. I doubt he gets past KC, and if he does I doubt Cleveland or Denver will hesititate to take him.

Man you guys really are making it look like a long shot. Bummer. Maybe Mangini or Mcdaniels will follow the belicheet path and stockpile picks and move out of their spots????

houtz
01-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Man you guys really are making it look like a long shot. Bummer. Maybe Mangini or Mcdaniels will follow the belicheet path and stockpile picks and move out of their spots????

McClain is one of those players you just don't pass on.

Stranger things have happened. Heck, maybe he stays in school if Alabama loses and doesn't even come out. I'd rather that happen then on draft day us missing out on him.

WOPMasterG
01-08-2010, 12:40 AM
(COUGH) SPIKES (COUGH)

He might be around... if we cross our fingers...

madmic21
01-08-2010, 12:42 AM
(COUGH) SPIKES (COUGH)

I have heard he is somewhat 1 dimensional.

flynryan15
01-08-2010, 12:46 AM
(COUGH) SPIKES (COUGH)

Spikes disappeared a lot this season. Reminds me of another Florida linebacker! :lol:

flynryan15
01-08-2010, 12:47 AM

You might be right about Denver, but Oakland will screw their pick up. Hello JaMarcus Russell and Hayward-Bay!!!

Wait didn't Oakland trade their first round pick to New England for Seymour?

houtz
01-08-2010, 12:51 AM
You might be right about Denver, but Oakland will screw their pick up. Hello JaMarcus Russell and Hayward-Bay!!!

That's next year.

flynryan15
01-08-2010, 12:52 AM
That's next year.

I hope so because I swear to god if he shows up in a Patriot uniform I might go postal!!!

MadDog 88
01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
(COUGH) SPIKES (COUGH)

Why? We already have one mediocre LB from Florida.

SRM
01-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Trade up for this man.

MadDog 88
01-08-2010, 01:21 AM
He plays inside or outside, great in applying pressure, coverage skills are solid. He's a playmaker that we need on defense.

#1dolphinsfan
01-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Unless we trade up no

flynryan15
01-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Why? We already have one mediocre LB from Florida.

Look at it this way one of them could trash talk you while the other one gouges your eyes out.

sm0kinfins
01-08-2010, 01:49 AM
My Wife has that same dadunkdadunk lol.;)

Then you sir a lucky SOB! :lol:

sm0kinfins
01-08-2010, 01:52 AM

What's his 40 time? That's all that matters to Darth Davis.

TurkishFin99
01-08-2010, 02:07 AM

If Mr. Ross wants anything Parcells will leave.