PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley???

etown08
01-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Why havent we talked about Shipley???? He looks incredible tonight he has 10 catches for 128 yards and 2 touchdowns. He can be had in the later second or 3rd round and he would solve KR/PR as well. We need that kind of IT factor and leadership he has single handily put the team on his back and carried them without MCoy.

ChambersWI
01-08-2010, 12:44 AM
short, and has bad knees that's really it. He's a helluva player though

Breed
01-08-2010, 12:47 AM
short, and has bad knees that's really it. He's a helluva player though

He's not THAT short. He's around 5'11 or so. IMO, his age is his biggest knock.

Breed
01-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Why havent we talked about Shipley???? He looks incredible tonight he has 10 catches for 128 yards and 2 touchdowns. He can be had in the later second or 3rd round and he would solve KR/PR as well. We need that kind of IT factor and leadership he has single handily put the team on his back and carried them without MCoy.

I've been talking him up for a awhile now.

Ozfin77
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM
We have about 3 slot guys already!

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 12:54 AM
A hybrid of Wes Welker and Hines Ward. Tough, fast, reliable son of a gun with good moves.

etown08
01-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Whats wrong with his knees???

Breed
01-08-2010, 12:56 AM
We have about 3 slot guys already!

I agree that Bess is a slot guy, but Hartline can play the perimeter. And as much as I like Bess in the slot, Shipley is better. Shipley is also quite versatile, as he can help on special teams (unlike Bess, who is terrible on punt returns).

etown08
01-08-2010, 12:56 AM
He seems to make all the tough catches

BigJP
01-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I heard he was talking about baseball, don't hold me to anything I like him personally he seems to be reliable and TOUGH and we need some of that here. Like I said though I heard he was gonna play baseball.

etown08
01-08-2010, 12:58 AM
He looks like a better version of Bess gets more yards after the catches and has sure hands. Way better in SP teams.

Breed
01-08-2010, 12:59 AM
A hybrid of Wes Welker and Hines Ward. Tough, fast, reliable son of a gun with good moves.

He's got incredible quickness and change of direction. I'd love to see us find a way to draft Dez Bryant/Golden Tate and Jordan Shipley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1te2nR2SBE8

etown08
01-08-2010, 12:59 AM
I heard that football was his true passion and he was not going to play baseball

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
guys he has got to get off press before we annoint him anything...

Breed
01-08-2010, 01:13 AM
guys he has got to get off press before we annoint him anything...

Even if he can't beat the press, he's the best college football slot WR I've seen in years........possibly ever. Few players have his explosiveness/change of direction. I'm not a big fan of taking slot receivers before the late rounds (assuming he can't get off the press), but Shipley is the very rare exception. I just hope the Patriots don't pick him.

BARF
01-08-2010, 01:15 AM
omg no more wr's under 6 feet please we need some height at the position

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Even if he can't beat the press, he's the best college football slot WR I've seen in years........possibly ever. Few players have his explosiveness/change of direction. I'm not a big fan of taking slot receivers before the late rounds (assuming he can't get off the press), but Shipley is the very rare exception. I just hope the Patriots don't pick him.

easy...it's obvious to me you love shipley and that's cool...but i don't think for us he's what we really need in this wr core for it to be complete...

if we didn't have bess i'd be more interested cause i see slot all day...

we'll see

PALMA
01-08-2010, 02:21 AM
We have a guy that can do all that Shipley does but slightly better, Hartline, and that's not because he's white - or it might be?

Shipley was the offense when the backup Qb went in, and tonight he could of really elevated his status, but his lack of winning battles on 50/50 balls didn't impress. Hartline on the other hand has shown to be much better than excepted on the 50/50.

JCane
01-08-2010, 03:11 AM

How effective is he if he can't beat the press? That's what makes Wes Welker effective because he consistently beats the press. How hard is this stuff, guys? This is college. If he can't be the press at the college level, how does he beat the press in the more physical NFL?

Breed
01-08-2010, 09:57 AM
How effective is he if he can't beat the press? That's what makes Wes Welker effective because he consistently beats the press. How hard is this stuff, guys? This is college. If he can't be the press at the college level, how does he beat the press in the more physical NFL?

Hypothetical question: Let's say you have a guy on your team that can beat the press but is great (not good, not very good, but great) in space. If you usually ran 3+ WR sets, how would you use him?

Well, Texas usually goes out there in 3+ WR sets, and he does usually go out there in the slot. As for him not being able to get off the press, I guess we'll see at the Senior Bowl. But let's say he does struggle to get off the press, he's extremely valuable in the slot. I like Bess, he's one of the best slot receivers in the NFL, but Shipley is an instant upgrade, not only as a receiver but as a punt/kick returner (and holder). Bottom line, he's an upgrade. If he's available in the 3rd or 4th round, he would help this team. As for wanting a "#1 WR", I agree, that's a huge need, but more than likely, we're not going to find a "#1 WR" in the 3rd or 4th round.

There are receivers that I would take over Shipley, but if we could come away with Dez Bryant/Golden Tate & Jordan Shipley, then we've significantly upgraded our WR core.

Breed
01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
We have a guy that can do all that Shipley does but slightly better, Hartline, and that's not because he's white - or it might be?

I like Hartline more than a lot of people on this board, I was one of the few that liked the Hartline pick more than the Turner pick (a hell of a lot more).

Watch this and tell me they're the same WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1te2nR2SBE8 (it doesn't start showing plays until it's 17 seconds in)

Shipley was the offense when the backup Qb went in, and tonight he could of really elevated his status, but his lack of winning battles on 50/50 balls didn't impress. Hartline on the other hand has shown to be much better than excepted on the 50/50.

Sample size....

In any case, they're different wide receivers. They both bring different skill sets.

Breed
01-08-2010, 10:06 AM
easy...it's obvious to me you love shipley and that's cool...but i don't think for us he's what we really need in this wr core for it to be complete...

if we didn't have bess i'd be more interested cause i see slot all day...

we'll see

Again, I think Bess is one of the better slot receivers in the game. But even if Shipley is limited to being a slot WR, he'll give you a lot more big plays in addition to moving the chains.

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Shipley will be a very good slot receiver. I see the Chargers taking a liking to him. for some reason all the big name Quarterbacks such as Brady, Manning, Big Ben, and Drew Brees have their slot receiver but Phil Rivers doesn't.

I think we have two guys in Bess and Hartline who can play slot. in fact I think Davone Bess is up and coming as one of the best in the league

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Shipley will be a very good slot receiver. I see the Chargers taking a liking to him. for some reason all the big name Quarterbacks such as Brady, Manning, Big Ben, and Drew Brees have their slot receiver but Phil Rivers doesn't.

I think we have two guys in Bess and Hartline who can play slot. in fact I think Davone Bess is up and coming as one of the best in the league

But what is a knock on Danario Alexander?

Breed
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM

I think Hartline is more than just a slot guy.

etown08
01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I have to agree with Breed I think Hartline has the potential to be a bona fide #2. He has a lot of ability to make plays. I really like what I have seen from him in the first yr. We need to trade Cam and Ginn. Put Turner on the PS and let him develop but USC WR always worry me can any one name one that has been good besides Keyshawn (High Bust rate but we'll keep the faith)????

2010 WR Line up

1 Antonio Bryant
2 Dez Bryant
3 Hartline
4 Bess
5 Turner

DaytonaDolFan13
01-08-2010, 06:28 PM
How could you see ANYTHING but our DESPERATE NEED for MCCLAIN? I was watching thinking please dont blow up that screen pass please dont be in the QBs face-just in hopes we are able to acquire this guy...AWESOME.

JCane
01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Hypothetical question: Let's say you have a guy on your team that can beat the press but is great (not good, not very good, but great) in space. If you usually ran 3+ WR sets, how would you use him?

Well, Texas usually goes out there in 3+ WR sets, and he does usually go out there in the slot. As for him not being able to get off the press, I guess we'll see at the Senior Bowl. But let's say he does struggle to get off the press, he's extremely valuable in the slot. I like Bess, he's one of the best slot receivers in the NFL, but Shipley is an instant upgrade, not only as a receiver but as a punt/kick returner (and holder). Bottom line, he's an upgrade. If he's available in the 3rd or 4th round, he would help this team. As for wanting a "#1 WR", I agree, that's a huge need, but more than likely, we're not going to find a "#1 WR" in the 3rd or 4th round.

There are receivers that I would take over Shipley, but if we could come away with Dez Bryant/Golden Tate & Jordan Shipley, then we've significantly upgraded our WR core.

I see where you're coming from and I can definitely agree with slot receiver upgrade, etc. Believe me, I like Shipley a lot and he's one of college football's most exciting players to watch without a doubt.

uga3406
01-08-2010, 10:17 PM

no offense but this team needs to draft another wr like i need a whole in my head, no thanks this recieving core in the draft stinks miami has more bigger needs then a wideout

etown08
01-09-2010, 01:24 AM
This Draft will be for play makers and ILB and WR are high on our prioritieswith NT and FS mixed in. I dont know how high of a priority FS is because they will give Clemons his shot. Sporano said it best when he said that we need to get more chunk yardage. No one does this except for Hartline. I see Shipley as a huge upgrade. What if we pick up Dansby Mclain is no longer needed

etown08
01-09-2010, 01:28 AM
So we can draft Dez and it looks like he might just fall to us at 12. How would this line up look with a complete overhaul at WR

Antonio Bryant
Dez Bryant
Hartline
Shipley
Turner

That is a real nasty line up!!!!!!