PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas

BJJKID
01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know if he has delared yet? he'd be a good option in the 2nd to 3rd round if our front office screws up and refuses to take a high caliber WR that is sitting on the board when we draft. AGAIN. Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, now possibly Dez Bryant, Golden Tate.....

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
He has a press conference at 1:15. Seems to be declaring

VT Dolphan
01-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I thought he said he was returning.

houtz
01-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I thought he said he was returning.

Maybe he took a page from good old Nick Saban.

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Nope he declared. So Did Jevan Snead and Jason Worlids. Ryan Mallett is returning to Arkansas

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
so thomas is back in the draft??? gotta start looking at his stuff again i guess

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I love Thomas' size but his production needs to improve. Georgia Tech's offensive system doesn't help though..Nor does Josh Nesbitt's lack of passing ability either

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Nope he declared. So Did Jevan Snead and Jason Worlids. Ryan Mallett is returning to Arkansas

Great news. Even more depth.

ColonelJ
01-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I love Thomas' size but his production needs to improve. Georgia Tech's offensive system doesn't help though..Nor does Josh Nesbitt's lack of passing ability either

I have not seen him do more than Ginn did coming out, as far as routes. I have not seen the moves that Shipley showed last night for example.

ckparrothead
01-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Speed issues persist. After watching a lot of him and trying to gauge his speed, he really might be a 4.65 guy in the speed department...and that's just generally not good enough unless your name is Anquan Boldin and you have that incredible quickness and ability to run like a runningback, which I don't think is Thomas' game.

RealDriscoll
01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I did notice that corners who play against him stay in their back peddle for quite some time. Dwayne Jarrett?

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Speed issues persist. After watching a lot of him and trying to gauge his speed, he really might be a 4.65 guy in the speed department...and that's just generally not good enough unless your name is Anquan Boldin and you have that incredible quickness and ability to run like a runningback, which I don't think is Thomas' game.

bingo...that's what i'm seeing as well

Canadi-Phin
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Man, I wish you could teach speed and quickness, he is just built like a brick **** house.

Do you guys feel that maybe Benn's problem as well in the pros? I feel he has some nice quickness but haven't watched enough to be sure.

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 01:18 PM
i don't see speed as an issue with arrellius benn at all...and i see top notch downhill acceleration

ckparrothead
01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Downhill is the right word for Benn. The problem is, if you've ever run down a hill, you know you have about as much chance of changing directions as you do getting a date with Megan Fox.

That's Benn's issue. He doesn't have very good control over his momentum. Good with the ball in his hands, not so good without it. He could still be a very successful pro though, because of his eyes and his hands. But, the route running is an issue.

ckparrothead
01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I did notice that corners who play against him stay in their back peddle for quite some time. Dwayne Jarrett?

He has to prove he can be more than an Ernest Wilford, to me.

Canadi-Phin
01-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Is his Route running that bad? He just seems like a guy who will get overlooked like Boldin to me but be a specimen and come in and tear it up. Using him on Bubble screens and slants, piling up YAC.

Oraclepz
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/08/yellow-jackets-wr-joins-nfl-parade/

Officially has declared for the draft

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Downhill is the right word for Benn. The problem is, if you've ever run down a hill, you know you have about as much chance of changing directions as you do getting a date with Megan Fox.

That's Benn's issue. He doesn't have very good control over his momentum. Good with the ball in his hands, not so good without it. He could still be a very successful pro though, because of his eyes and his hands. But, the route running is an issue.

i agree with that...

he's also for my eyes a very willing downfield blocker and a guy who takes multiple players to bring down...ie a pile mover

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Is his Route running that bad? He just seems like a guy who will get overlooked like Boldin to me but be a specimen and come in and tear it up. Using him on Bubble screens and slants, piling up YAC.

i think there are definitely ways to use benn with his skill set to fit our offense...and to get around his route running in the short term

but the route running needs work

hooshoops
01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
i'm just so damn used to ted ginn going sideways with the ball in his hands to see a wr actually turn and head downhill with yards after catch and yards after contact intentions floors me...lol

miami71
01-08-2010, 04:45 PM
First RD. Spiller
2and RD. D. Thomas