PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban Gets His Title

BandarBush
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I will never forgive his a$$ for jumping ship on us, no matter how many titles they win. He's still a class-less pr!ck in my mind and I would never allow my son to play for such a low character bag of dildos.

Tunaphish429
01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I hate that guy I was hoping they would lose all year long..

He has a very good team tho..

Did they really need to run up the score at the end too?

They could have just nelt before they scored again..

He is a great college coach..You cant take that from him..

I hope the Canes can see him next year and beat em

Namor
01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
:boohoo:Whaaaa!!!!

Namor
01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I hate that guy I was hoping they would lose all year long..

He has a very good team tho..

Did they really need to run up the score at the end too?

They could have just nelt before they scored again..

He is a great college coach..You cant take that from him..

I hope the Canes can see him next year and beat em

Not with Shannon

NashPhin
01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
As a 20-plus year Dolphins fan, I have my list of villains (Belichick, Mark Henderson, Andre Reed, the entire New York Jets franchise to name a few), but Nick Saban would have to be at the top of the list.

TPGP
01-08-2010, 12:08 PM
at first i was pissed off, but now who cares, just proves he couldn't cut it with the big boys

phinman1
01-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I was pissed at Nick too at the beginning, but let it go. He came to the NFL to give it a shot, and then realized it wasn't for him. What was he supposed to do? Stay in Miami and sacrifice his happiness? He is a college coach, realized that after 2 years in Miami and went back. Is there any doubt now he made the right decision for himself and his family?

Yeah, he lied at that press conference. What was he supposed to say in the middle of the season? "Yeah, I'm going to Alabama and the NFL isn't for me"? Sure he could have handled it better, but I don't begrudge the guy anymore.

Tunaphish429
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Not with Shannon

The Canes have gotten better..

We have had some bad coaches win Titles here..

Larry Coker...Lol

Shannon has made some bad choices but the team is young, hungry and full of winners..

Namor
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I was pissed at Nick too at the beginning, but let it go. He came to the NFL to give it a shot, and then realized it wasn't for him. What was he supposed to do? Stay in Miami and sacrifice his happiness? He is a college coach, realized that after 2 years in Miami and went back. Is there any doubt now he made the right decision for himself and his family?

Yeah, he lied at that press conference. What was he supposed to say in the middle of the season? "Yeah, I'm going to Alabama and the NFL isn't for me"? Sure he could have handled it better, but I don't begrudge the guy anymore.

Some logic in a sea of butthurts.

Tunaphish429
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM

No I def understand what your saying but I can still root for the guy to lose...I dont cheer for the bad guy...unless he is our bad guy...

Which Saban was never a dolphin..

Fan are always critical of players taking the money and running...

Saban did exactly that..He could have been a good NFL coach but got a better offer and decided to take it and run..

Kinda like Belecheat did to the Jets...

Namor
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM

Larry Coker...Lol

Shannon has made some bad choices but the team is young, hungry and full of winners..

Sorry dude..the Canes are my second favorite team after my Tide.
but Shannon is Ron Zook II....
Saban would have won a title with the talent the Canes have.

SabanHater
01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
they don't call me SabanHater for nothing....

Myles Fynch
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't hate him anymore either, but 'Bama's nothing to me till they beat Boise State.

**** the BCS.

:lol:

Tunaphish429
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Sorry dude..the Canes are my second favorite team after my Tide.
but Shannon is Ron Zook II....
Saban would have won a title with the talent the Canes have.

Shannon is the reason we have the talent we have...

Competeting with Florida and Fla state as well as South Florida is no picnic..

Saban has Auburn to compete with...

Saban is a better coach I will give you that..He is a great coach..But i can still hate him

Even tho Texas would have won if Mccoy did not get hurt..

gnome011
01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Only fun thing about last nights game was when he got pegged in the face by the gatorade. The look of anger to his lying face brought a smile to mine.

SabanHater
01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I think he just realized that he couldn't talk to grown men like little kids, and he didn't like that.

AdamC13
01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I am not a Saban hater and glad his tenure only lasted two years. The guy is a great college coach. His controlling style just doesn't go well in the NFL. It is one thing to be a Nicktator to a bunch of kids (19-22) who have just left home for the first time, don't have any money and are in transition to becoming an adult. That same style doesn't work when you are dealing with men, many who are married, have kids, and make just as much as the coach does and have been around.

I wanted Texas but I almost thought watching Saban get the Gatorade bath was worth Alabama winning. Looked like Saban was going to go down for the count :)

Namor
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Shannon is the reason we have the talent we have...

Competeting with Florida and Fla state as well as South Florida is no picnic..

Saban has Auburn to compete with...

Saban is a better coach I will give you that..He is a great coach..But i can still hate him

Even tho Texas would have won if Mccoy did not get hurt..

Our QB played with 3 broke ribs..McCoy,and I understand,didn't want to risk his NFL future.
The game would been played different on both sides..Texas might have
won or it might have a worse beatdown.We'LL never know.
That fresman will be better than Colt..he is bigger ans a stronger arm.
Colt would not last taking hits in the SEC week after week.
I worry about him in the NFL.

WVDolphan
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Title should say.............

Nick Saban gets his 2nd title. Get it right. Saban is the man.

utahphinsfan
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM

It really wasn't what he did. Rather, it was how he went about it that still bothers me. For the most part, I've let it go. Still, I don't miss an opportunity to salute the TV w/ 1 finger every time they show his image on the screen.

The thing I'll ALWAYS remember him for is questioning Zach Thomas' manhood.

Adam First
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Some logic in a sea of butthurts.

What are you, 12 years old?

spiketex
01-08-2010, 01:05 PM
at first i was pissed off, but now who cares, just proves he couldn't cut it with the big boys

You're 100% correct. Nothing to be gained by dwelling on his weakness in character. We have moved on and we are in much better hands with the Trifecta. However, to give him credit - Saban is a great college coach.

Wadeshow
01-08-2010, 01:19 PM
All im wondering is how is he going to mess Alabama up now. He screwed over Michigan State then he screwed over LSU then the Dolphins and now its Alabamas turn. I really wonder where he will be coaching in the next 2 years.

Tunaphish429
01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Our QB played with 3 broke ribs..McCoy,and I understand,didn't want to risk his NFL future.
The game would been played different on both sides..Texas might have
won or it might have a worse beatdown.We'LL never know.
That fresman will be better than Colt..he is bigger ans a stronger arm.
Colt would not last taking hits in the SEC week after week.
I worry about him in the NFL.

IMO if a Tru Freshman Qb slices and dices your team than a seasoned college qb would have made them look worse..

That kid is going to be good..I turned it off after the 1st half..then I realized they were driving and turned it back on...

Gotta give that kid a ton of credit..Not taking anythign away from Bama but they were cleary the 2nd best team...

Injuries are apart of the game.. But losing Colt was huge...

Colt said he could not feel his arm...thats why he did not play..
its hard to throw without your throwing arm..ask Chad Pennington...

Tunaphish429
01-08-2010, 01:29 PM
All im wondering is how is he going to mess Alabama up now. He screwed over Michigan State then he screwed over LSU then the Dolphins and now its Alabamas turn. I really wonder where he will be coaching in the next 2 years.

Whats the word for a person who picks up and leaves at the first sign of adversity in a situation?

Coward?

Randy Shannon helped raise his younger sibblings..even tho Saban is a better coach Shannon teaches the kids from the U how to be men and press on when things get down...

He relates to the kids from the area thats why he recruits them..Dont worry Semiholes and Gayders....Canes are still here and we aint going anywhere..

MiaMarino
01-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Damn you Nick Saban. Even after winning the NC he shows he is a miserable human bieng. He gets the Gatorade shower & still doesn't crack a smile. SOB looked like he wanted to take away the scholarship for the kids who dunked on him. My hatred for this guy just got amped up a few more notches. I wouldn't spit on this guy if he was on fire. His whole schtick was "accountability & perseverance". Well, at the first sign of trouble, he ran for the hills like the hillbilly he is.

He's already been told to kiss off at some of the local So Fla high schools. When he does come here to recruit, he needs to say to the guy: I'm a good college coach but I'm a liar too.

MiaMarino
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM

Larry Coker...Lol

Randy does have some things to workout to be "the man" like Howard, Jimmy, & Dennis. He is a great recruiter but he will definitely be on the hot seat in 2010. Saban won it in his 3rd yr but U can't compare the situation @ Alabama vs Miami.

Namor
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
IMO if a Tru Freshman Qb slices and dices your team than a seasoned college qb would have made them look worse..

That kid is going to be good..I turned it off after the 1st half..then I realized they were driving and turned it back on...

Gotta give that kid a ton of credit..Not taking anythign away from Bama but they were cleary the 2nd best team...

Injuries are apart of the game.. But losing Colt was huge...

Colt said he could not feel his arm...thats why he did not play..
its hard to throw without your throwing arm..ask Chad Pennington...[/quote]

Did you not watch the changes in coverages when Garrett went in?
It went to all man to man and straight vanilla blitzs..all he had to do
was remain poised and throw the ball.
We would have not done that if McCoy had been playing.
I agree,Garrett is going to make Texas fans forget all about Colt.
I think he is going to be great. Tuff S.O.B also. Did you see the hits
he was taking and getting back up? Very impressed with him.

MiaMarino
01-08-2010, 02:11 PM
It really wasn't what he did. Rather, it was how he went about it that still bothers me. ...The thing I'll ALWAYS remember him for is questioning Zach Thomas' manhood.

Agree w/that 100%. Hey if U r not happy in your job, leave but don't jerk everybody around & don't lie to peoples faces. Have U guys heard some of the horror stories that came out Davie about this guy? He freaking chewed out some secretary for complimenting him!!! He had some "henchman" named Scott O'Brien that used to go around telling people, don't talk to Coach unless he talks to you. What a gigantic A-hole this guy is w/delusions of grandeur! I have more respect for Wannstedt than Saban because at least he stood up in front of everybody when he left\got fired. This flim-flam man just tucked tail & ran.

And to question Zach?!!? What an idiot. Zach stayed here thru good & bad & didn't run like u, Nick.

NAPPS
01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Dick Satan is classic

templarwd
01-08-2010, 04:42 PM

I donít think anyoneís really mad about the lying. Nobody expected him to confess at the lectrn during presser. No, what most Phin fans are still furious about, is the WAY he left and what happened in the wake of his cowardly departure.

He scampered off like a scared rabbit. Then, instead of being a man about it and addressing the team and asst. coaches face to face, he called the coaches on a conference call while on his way to the airport.

LilíNicki is and always be a sniveling little coward who isnít man enough to take it.

Now letís move to the lost season under Cam ďGinnís great familyĒ Cameron. The Phins were 1 , ONE play away from going 0-16.

TedSlimmJr
01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Whats the word for a person who picks up and leaves at the first sign of adversity in a situation?

Coward?

Randy Shannon helped raise his younger sibblings..even tho Saban is a better coach Shannon teaches the kids from the U how to be men and press on when things get down...

He relates to the kids from the area thats why he recruits them..Dont worry Semiholes and Gayders....Canes are still here and we aint going anywhere..

"Canes are still here and we aint going anywhere"...

You REALLY couldn't have said it any better...:lol:

JCane
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM

Coward?

Well, you certainly hit a homern with that comment. As long as Randy Shannon is driving this short bus, we're stuck in the hamster wheel of fail. 'Canes are going NOWHERE.

JCane
01-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Randy does have some things to workout to be "the man" like Howard, Jimmy, & Dennis. He is a great recruiter but he will definitely be on the hot seat in 2010. Saban won it in his 3rd yr but U can't compare the situation @ Alabama vs Miami.

Randy Shannon is an average recruiter.

MiaMarino
01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Randy Shannon is an average recruiter.

Then why has he been getting top rated classes for the last 3 years...?

Namor
01-08-2010, 05:27 PM

Because its the U of Miami. a average coach can get great recruits
there,a great coach can build a dynasty there.

JCane
01-08-2010, 05:37 PM

Take a look at his class this season. It's below average. Not one five-star recruit. Yeah, he's building depth but we still need playmakers. He's not getting them. He's handling some kids the wrong way as well.

Take Michalee Harris. He's currently committed to Louisville sitting right in our backyard at Miami Northwestern. Miami and Miami Northwesten have a GREAT relationship. They've sent us kids for YEARS. Harris is a stud. But since he's committed to Louisville, Shannon has stopped communications with him. It's his "You're either with us now or never." And Harris has even said he's still interested in Miami and would like to visit. Shannon says, "Nope." Shannon didn't even offer local stud running back Jahkari Gore. Why? It's not like we're deep at running back now. Javarris is done. Coop is probably out for 2010. Lee Chambers will transfer soon (you can thank me when that news becomes public). Damien Berry is here for another year. And we have redshirt freshman Lamar Miller. After that.....? Why let Jahkari get out of state when he repeatedly said he wanted to be at Miami and was waiting for an offer? Jahkari never got one and now he's at LSU.

This is the mark of a great recruiter? This? He lost his only five-star recruit, Louis Nix, to effing Notre Dame when Notre Dame didn't even have a coach. Shannon was being out-recruited a couple of weeks ago by empty desks in Tallahassee. Florida State was without a defensive coordinator and Bobby Bowden had just stepped down and that's when they landed that stud linebacker Jeff Luc. Shannon's recruiting philosophies need to change a little in my opinion. This isn't the 1980 Hurricane teams. This is really no different than Bobby Knight saying he won't recruit one and done kids to play for his basketball team. And that's why if Bobby Knight ever comes back, he'll miss out on kids such as John Wall and Derrick Rose and he'll never win anything.

MiaMarino
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Because its the U of Miami. a average coach can get great recruits
there,a great coach can build a dynasty there.

C'mon Subby! U telling me that the coach has nothing to do w/it? Do U think Bowden got the recruits for FSU just because of FSU's name? Bowden went in there to seal the deal on recruits because recruits & their parents trusted Bowden the individual as well as the school. I know U Randy haters like to throw him under the bus for everything but give the man some credit.

Namor
01-08-2010, 05:51 PM
C'mon Subby! U telling me that the coach has nothing to do w/it? Do U think Bowden got the recruits for FSU just because of FSU's name? Bowden went in there to seal the deal on recruits because recruits & their parents trusted Bowden the individual as well as the school. I know U Randy haters like to throw him under the bus for everything but give the man some credit.

yes the coach has alot to do with,so does the assit. coaches.
Some schools are going to get great recruits no matter who is there,
Miami is one of those schools.
I don't hate Randy, i think he is a fine human being,but to me he is
Ron Zook II.
Having great recruits and pulling it together are two different things.
I just think Miami deserves a great coach.
College football is better when all the big boys,Bama,Miami,FSU,Fla
USC,Mich.and so on are great at the same time.
Most of the big schools get good/great classes year after year.
Coaching them is whats the differance.

JCane
01-08-2010, 05:51 PM

When Randy earns it, he'll get it from me. As of now, he's letting garbage programs like Clemson and North Carolina embarrass him. How the hell we lost to North Carolina this season is beyond me. I'm just waiting for Shannon to finally win some meaningless Poulan Pro Weed Eater Bowl so I can finally give the man some credit. At this point, I feel bad for him.

JCane
01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
yes the coach has alot to do with,so does the assit. coaches.
Some schools are going to get great recruits no matter who is there,
Miami is one of those schools.
I don't hate Randy, i think he is a fine human being,but to me he is
Ron Zook II.
Having great recruits and pulling it together are two different things.
I just think Miami deserves a great coach.
College football is better when all the big boys,Bama,Miami,FSU,Fla
USC,Mich.and so on are great at the same time.
Most of the big schools get good/great classes year after year.
Coaching them is whats the differance.

There's nothing wrong with Randy as a person. He's a great person. He's very genuine, very respectful and never has anything negative to say. He rose up from a lot as a kid. But he's an awful coach. He fails to adjust to today's kids and today's game. That's why he's still running that Cover 2 defense. Miami deserves so much better.

MiaMarino
01-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Subby, JCane... 2010 should be a telling year for the U. Good schedule. Should be AT LEAST ACC CHAMP.

JCane
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't know. I'm more concerned with our schedule for 2010 than I was last season.

@ Ohio State
@ Pittsburgh
@ Georgia Tech
@ Clemson (one of the toughest stadiums to win in)
Florida State (much improved)
Virginia Tech (always tough)
North Carolina (Butch will run circles around Rarry Shoker again)

GoonBoss
01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
He's like Pete Carroll. He can coach at one level.

Ricky4Life
01-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Nothing like taking the trophy to your local Wal-mart after the win. (photo is from peopleofwalmart.com)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/802-1.jpg

TedSlimmJr
01-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah we had a blast didn't we Namor?... (thats me on the left and Namor on the right) :lol:

JCane
01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I gotta admit, I seen these pics over on the Mainboard and I was hurting. Apparently roves of Auburn fans (which shouldn't surprise Alabama fans) traveled out to this Wal-Mart and took all kinds of pics.

Ricky4Life
01-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I gotta admit, I seen these pics over on the Mainboard and I was hurting. Apparently roves of Auburn fans (which shouldn't surprise Alabama fans) traveled out to this Wal-Mart and took all kinds of pics.

I like the A in the Dr.Pepper cases in the back ground. Someone put in some OT.

Namor
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Nothing like a day at Wally world.

JCane
01-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Kirby Smart headed to Georgia?

Hmmmm...

chrisbaucom
01-11-2010, 10:06 AM
The man is going back to his roots......and to an $850,000 a year salary supposedly.

Namor
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
The man is going back to his roots......and to an $850,000 a year salary supposedly.

Nope ...going to stay with Nick and try for second one.
Pretty sure Bama will jack his money up.
Word is Richt is a sinking ship...Kirby can just wait and take the
Ga. Head coaching job eventually.

TedSlimmJr
01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Nope ...going to stay with Nick and try for second one.
Pretty sure Bama will jack his money up.
Word is Richt is a sinking ship...Kirby can just wait and take the
Ga. Head coaching job eventually.

Yep....Kirby's going to stay and try to get another title with Nick next year....and get a little raise in the process...

He can sit tight and get the head coaching job at UGA before long....although they did offer him a nice chunk a' change in Athens...

He's got a lot of young talent to continue working with and molding next year anyway (Hightower, Marcel Dareus, Kirkpatrick, Barron, Nico Johnson, etc..)