PDA

View Full Version : Tebow entering the senior bowl, and sparono will be his coach hmmmmmm interesting!!!!

ronniebrown#1
01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/09/tebow-picks-sexton-will-attend-senior-bowl/

Tebow chose sexton as his agent, but hes also Parcells agent. Hmm very interesting. Discuss :) :ponder:

DefensiveEnd76
01-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Tebow won't amount to diddly poo in the NFL. Mark it down. If we draft him I am going to puke.

napsndreds
01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
dont be surprised if we actually draft the guy

MiZFiT
01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Tebow is just like david garrard, except faster. they both have long throwing motions and in the NFL, Tebow's passes will be read easily by corners. If he wants success in the NFL, it wont be at QB.

jgpence17
01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd rather keep Fasano at TE

MiZFiT
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
dont be surprised if we actually draft the guy

really? and why wont you? we got our QB, we dont need him.

MiamiDolfan85
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
maybe,but it could just mean Tebow would be participating in the event all the other relevant seniors,and Sparano just happened to be the one coaching him.....

napsndreds
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
really? and why wont you? we got our QB, we dont need him.

you wouldnt take tebow in the second? Yeah but none of the qbs we have right now are elite.. Not saying tebow will be elite but the man can play.. qb is not a important need right now but the second round always seems to go in a strange direction for us

SRM
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
you wouldnt take tebow in the second? Yeah but none of the qbs we have right now are elite.. Not saying tebow will be elite but the man can play.. qb is not a important need right now but the second round always seems to go in a strange direction for us

No. Hell no.

MiZFiT
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM

oh yes, lets get another QB in the second, there is definetly no need for a ILB or FS or NT or WR or TE. Nope, lets just get us another QB to sit the bench behind Henne.

CW_McGraw
01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
If Tebow's there in the fourth, I'd be open to drafting him, but any earlier and it'd be stupid.

Noodle Arm
01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Great thread, made me laugh hard. Thank you for that. Oh and Tebow will be a Jaguar.

napsndreds
01-09-2010, 01:58 PM
oh yes, lets get another QB in the second, there is definetly no need for a ILB or FS or NT or WR or TE. Nope, lets just get us another QB to sit the bench behind Henne.

its called competition....are you afraid for henne to have competition..why is everyone so afraid that henne cant take over and win a starter spot...henne was given the spot due to injury yes he was drafted to be a possible future starter but henne hasnt accomplished anything yet to be on peyton manning or tom brady status where you dont need any qb competition..

esafille
01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/09/tebow-picks-sexton-will-attend-senior-bowl/

Tebow chose sexton as his agent, but hes also Parcells agent. Hmm very interesting. Discuss :) :ponder:

I don't want Tebow anywhere near my Dolphins

Breed
01-09-2010, 02:01 PM
its called competition....are you afraid for henne to have competition..why is everyone so afraid that henne cant take over and win a starter spot...henne was given the spot due to injury yes he was drafted to be a possible future starter but henne hasnt accomplished anything yet to be on peyton manning or tom brady status where you dont need any qb competition..

Competition is one thing, but spending a high round pick on competition when one of those players (draft pick or Henne, who was also a 2nd round pick) will just end up being a backup anyway is just plain stupid.

MiZFiT
01-09-2010, 02:02 PM

im always up for competition, but Tebow is not competition for Henne.

JCfinfan
01-09-2010, 02:03 PM
If we waste, yes WASTE a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick on him I will be p*$$*d.

napsndreds
01-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Competition is one thing, but spending a high round pick on competition when one of those players (draft pick or Henne, who was also a 2nd round pick) will just end up being a backup anyway is just plain stupid.

well..the objective is to not deem anybody a starter if your talking about competing for the starting role..which is why sparono isnt so quick to deem henne the starter...He's still young, he still needs work.. But we also need to win and we need to get the most out of each player...Yes we have needs but i just think that tebow brings leadership that henne just doesnt have...henne has zero passion as well...either that or he expresses his passion by showing none. Only knock on Tebow is his delivery...that can be coached....

Bumpus
01-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Stop. Just stop.

bdmagnum
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Tebow won't amount to diddly poo in the NFL. Mark it down. If we draft him I am going to puke.

diddly poo :sidelol: Admit it, you got that from the coaches gone wild video, didn't you? I can't stop laughing when I see that.

Wildbill3
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
hell no to tebow. It's time to groom what we have at qb instead of throwing MORE draft picks at one.

MiZFiT
01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
well..the objective is to not deem anybody a starter if your talking about competing for the starting role..which is why sparono isnt so quick to deem henne the starter...He's still young, he still needs work.. But we also need to win and we need to get the most out of each player...Yes we have needs but i just think that tebow brings leadership that henne just doesnt have...henne has zero passion as well...either that or he expresses his passion by showing none. Only knock on Tebow is his delivery...that can be coached....

Thats what an elite QB does, you dont see Manning or Brady jumping up and down and celebrating after throwing a TD. They just simply walk off the field, sit on the bench, and look at more screen shots of the defense, and wait to get back out there.

Vaark
01-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Great thread, made me laugh hard. Thank you for that. Oh and Tebow will be a Jaguar.

Just wait til Holmgren takes Clausen in the draft and all the "trade for Brady Quinn" threads starting rearing their ugly heads again. :tongue2:

Vaark
01-09-2010, 02:22 PM

so you must think after Peyton's first season, had Tebow been available, Colts fans would also be clamoring for fresh blood that's more of an emotional leader and has more potential to become "elite," ?

But then again you may be right cause SD drafted Rivers thinking Brees couldn't cut it, eh? :titanic:

Similar body of work = similar conclusion

napsndreds
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Well peyton would have clearly beaten out his competition...I dont think the coaches are thinking like you guys right now..definately thinking outside the box and looking for improvements at every position after finishing off with a losing season...if you think that the qb spot is locked then thats a huge problem. You cant pick up every position in the draft thats what free agency is for...If your looking for a 1st round pick reciever you might be disappointed...

72champagne
01-09-2010, 02:44 PM
unless the Jags are moving they'll take Tebow, then naps will resurrect his PatWhitemania.

The Furminister
01-09-2010, 02:54 PM
i'll cry is we waste a pick on him

cowboy82nd
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM

We have to take a quarterback in the second!!! It's an NFL rule. How else can you explain us taking a quarterback in the second round three years in a row.

JAKEIII
01-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Maybe sign him when he's undrafted, maybe.

outlawd2u
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM

I'm sorry but I don't want to see a true competition at QB this offseason. I liked what I saw from Henne and I hope Sporano and Co. get behind him and have him working with the starting offense from day 1. The more time he has to work with the guys he will be playing with on Sundays the better this offense will be.

COphinphan89
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
No thanks.

BigJP
01-09-2010, 03:18 PM
If he's there in the 4th or 5th why not but not for qb maybe like an h back or te.

TheDon74
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
We already have Tim Tebow playing for us his name is Tyler Thigpen. I like Tebow and hope he has success in the league but just not here.

I would love for us to change the wildpat into the wildpen next year. Well I would prefer we get Henne a receiver and no longer need to run anything but a base offence but if they are gonna stick with these other packages I would like to see Thigpen over White.

greasyObnoxious
01-09-2010, 03:49 PM

yeah, you're just ignoring a little fact that we'd be throwing away a draft pick to acquire Tebow, a high draft pick at that.

DolfanDuBbZ~
01-09-2010, 04:02 PM

I thought the 'greatness' in White was all the competition Henne would need going into next year.

Kinda like White's delivery can be coached? How many completions did White have this year?

eahollis4
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Tebow has been surrounded by greatness his whole college career. His teammates made him. I give him about as much chance to become a starting QB as snow falling in South Florida tonight. Reminder thats about a 10 percent chance for us !! Stay warm

josekareh
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
How about NO!!!

JCane
01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
He's not the guy we need with our pick and we won't draft him even if he's there. But you guys disqualifying Tebow as a solid NFL player have no idea what you're talking about. Every team in the league would love to have a big physical guy who can do it all with his leadership. Tim Tebow is not a QB in this league just like Pat White is not a QB in this league yet each possess enough talent that at times, ca be used at the QB position. Tim Tebow will be a contributor every Sunday. I guarantee it.

This is high praise for Tim Tebow coming out of MY mouth. You heard it here first from the all-time undefeated Gator Hater.

napsndreds
01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I thought the 'greatness' in White was all the competition Henne would need going into next year.

Kinda like White's delivery can be coached? How many completions did White have this year?

If I was Henne id be working very hard this off season.

miamiron
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Use our 5th round pick for Tebow
some will "get it" and some won't

67Stang
01-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Let me first start by saying Tebow will be a great QB in the NFL, I would love to have him. I think a lot of people see him as a running QB, but that is the way Urban used him. He set all kinds of Florida passing records in HS and was freaking 31 of 35 passes for 482 yards and three touchdowns in the Sugar Bowl. He is going to be a stud. Most of the people dogging him are probably just talking crap and tired of hearing about him.

With that being said, we have too many pressing needs for him to be a 1st day pick. If there was any way he slipped to the 4-5 range, maybe...I just don't see that happening. We need a receiver, safety, LB, and NG before we spend another first day pick on a QB.

2413fanphins
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I have heartburn now. indigestion or something.

all thanks to this thread.

utahphinsfan
01-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd rather keep Fasano at TE

:rimshot:

Ditto & Polite @ FB.

Xeticus
01-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Another 2nd round pick on a QB when we have Henne, Pat White and Tyler Thigpen? Hell no.

We need WR, ILB, OLB, NT, FS and could possibly use another RB. We can't afford another QB. We have too much invested in that position. If we didn't blow a pick on Pat White last year then I could see us doing it.

baseballcb95
01-09-2010, 05:08 PM
zero, i repeat zero chance we take him in the 1st, leaving the 2nd round possibility but if you think the Jags will pass him up TWICE you are dead wrong.

[/thread]

#1dolphinsfan
01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
if we draft him it will be another wasted draft pick

callaway1234
01-09-2010, 05:29 PM
if we draft him it will be another wasted draft pick
And it will also mean we gave up on Pat White, another wasted draft pick.

tical
01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
why lord? why? off all the picks? topics? i have seen every Gator game this season and if it is one thing i'm sure of it is Tebow has a small chance of being a sucessfull "qb" at the next level!

I can't begin to tell u how many times i scratched my head in amazement where it was run tebow run! I kept on saying isn't he a qb? then i realized the answer why he ran so much as a "Qb" it was simple really because he can't throw! ( read top teir defenses and make throws) two things to show that

1. Alabama took away those running lanes that made him so popluar and guess what nothing, he couldn't throw

2. Texas with a red shirt QB made throws against Alabama! a red shirt Qb!

the thought of drafting tebow makes me terrified because not only would it be a bad pick but it would raise serious, serious questions about the people making the decisions in the FO!

Ed Norton
01-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Henne has earned and needs a chance to develop. I can't say for sure that Henne is going to be a good QB but I can say for sure the ILBs suck! They need competition at the ILB spot. I can say for sure this defense sucks as is. Henne at QB is not only a maybe but he has a good chance to be an above average QB and it's not totally out of the question that he will be great someday. Defense is a much bigger need right now.

juniorseau55
01-09-2010, 06:30 PM
We need to spend the draft pick on a linebacker. I think we have more pressing needs than a gymick quarterback such as Pat Tebow.

13finfan4ever
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
If we drafted Tebow in the 7th round it would make the Ginn Jr. pick look really good.

Tebow will not ever play well in the NFL.
Tebow will never play QB in the NFL.
Tebow will not be drafted by the Dolphins. (or at least i hope not)

SebasMiamiFan
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
If we drafted Tebow in the 7th round it would make the Ginn Jr. pick look really good.

Tebow will not ever play well in the NFL.
Tebow will never play QB in the NFL.
Tebow will not be drafted by the Dolphins. (or at least i hope not)
If Tebow is in the 7th round, I wouldn't mind getting him.

13finfan4ever
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM

What Need would he fill? TE? That's not as big a need as any and every position on the Defense.

He would be bad as a QB and bad for us that's all I'm saying.

Phantom
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM
why lord? why? off all the picks? topics? i have seen every Gator game this season and if it is one thing i'm sure of it is Tebow has a small chance of being a sucessfull "qb" at the next level!

I can't begin to tell u how many times i scratched my head in amazement where it was run tebow run! I kept on saying isn't he a qb? then i realized the answer why he ran so much as a "Qb" it was simple really because he can't throw! ( read top teir defenses and make throws) two things to show that

1. Alabama took away those running lanes that made him so popluar and guess what nothing, he couldn't throw

2. Texas with a red shirt QB made throws against Alabama! a red shirt Qb!

the thought of drafting tebow makes me terrified because not only would it be a bad pick but it would raise serious, serious questions about the people making the decisions in the FO!
The Texas qb was a true freshman........

SebasMiamiFan
01-09-2010, 07:03 PM
What Need would he fill? TE? That's not as big a need as any and every position on the Defense.

He would be bad as a QB and bad for us that's all I'm saying.
7th round is a late round pick. I'm not saying we should get him in the 2nd round. I'm just saying I wouldn't mind him.

ghostface95
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
The Fins better NOT draft Tebow and I'll leave it at that.

LikeUntoGod
01-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Hey dude, WTF are you doing with my Sig that my friend Yeti made for me????? (notice the LUG in it?)

P.S. Tim Tebow can throw Pat White further then Pat White can throw a NFL football.

PALMA
01-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Where there's smoke there might be fire.

They'll have a week to get an up close look at very unique football player.

Tebow has horrible throwing mechanics and will NOT be playing Qb. However our team does have pressing needs at the Tight End position. I believe he could be in the mold of a Dallas Clark or Chris Cooley. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to that idea if he's chosen somewhere in the 2nd round. There's no telling where we might be picking (1st or 2nd round) if we do choose to trade down/up. After last year's Pat White selection, drafting Tim Tebow is not such a far-fetched idea.

Lloyd Heilbrunn
01-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Well, we do need a Tight End.

KingDolphin57
01-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Personally , It wouldn't surprise me if the FO drafts Tebow. I mean we pick up Henning as the OC , Lee as Qb coach , both are wildcat masters. We draft White a spread option QB , and run the traditional Qb off the field all year. Ireland dodges the future Qb question , and Sparano needs to evaluate the whole body of work before he names Henne the starter. Now Sexton's Tebow's agent. Not saying we are going to draft him. But I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

roy_miami
01-10-2010, 05:37 AM
No chance we get Tebow, the Bills are going to grab him first.

hooshoops
01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
it's henne time...period

X-Pacolypse
01-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Tebow is going to be a Jaguar. Anybody that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

LikeUntoGod
01-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm a Gator fan and Grad(I still live in Gainesville) and I would not want to draft another player just for the Wildcat and not another QB at all since we have Henne and Thigpen and maybe Pennington for another year(I do not count Pat White although I'm afraid we will keep him).

I would not compare Tebow to White however. Tebow can break tackles, White falls over from a stiff wind and is more "Ginn like" but without the common sense to avoid a really hard hit. Tebow has a much stronger arm, he can throw White further then White can throw a NFL football.

I expect Tebow to be the "best" QB at the Senior Bowl much like White was the "best" there last year (can anyone name any of the other QBs from last year?) which is not saying much.

I believe that unlike Pat White, Tim Tebow will make it somewhere in the NFL as a QB. Tebow would make a great "Wildcat" QB because he can run between the tackles.

I've read some stupid things before at fan sites but saying that he will be a fullback is perhaps one of the dumbest. He is big, strong, very intelligent and a incredibly hard worker. And I do not expect him to run very often in the NFL much as I do not expect Colt McCoy to do it very often.

This year he did not have Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy to throw to and his passing stats went down. Part of the problem was also the very conservative offense we ran this year. This is the reason our WR coach left and went to LSU, his complaint being that almost all his WRs did all year was block (if a WR cannot block, he does not play for the Gators..see Louis Murphy).

It was a little funny in the Sugar Bowl when we decided to open it up.

I was always stunned when people said that Pat White had a NFL QB future but Tim Tebow did not. I mostly tend to put that down to people being "Gator Haters" and maybe(like me) getting tired of him being "so good".

Pat White played in the Big East. Run over their schedule and notice the small schools they play. The most yards he ever threw for in a season was 1,844 and I think 230 yards was his best game.

Tim Tebow played in uh...THE SEC which tends to win the National Championship year after year and is clearly the toughest conference in the nation. The lowest amount of yards Tebow passed for was almost 1,000 yards more then White's best year.

As far as QB rating:
Tebow was 2nd in 2007, 4th and 2008 and 1st in 2009.
White was 6th in 2007 and 27th in 2008 which were his only two years where he attempted enough passes to qualify.

Tebow threw for 3,200 yards and 32 TDs more in 3 years then White did in 4 years.

Since the NFL is a passing game now and Pat White is not fast or strong enough to run in the NFL I never understood the pick. He also had very small hands so I do not expect him to be able to play WR.

I'm sure that if Tebow had played for us this year he would have had a much better year then White did (which is not saying much). The difference being in let's say the Steelers game that Tebow could have ran more of a normal offense and the defense would not have been sitting 10 yards off the LOS.

I consider Tim Tebow a Vince Young but without the mental problems. Or a Tyler Thigpen that played against much harder competition.

He is a leader and a winner.

C-HUCKS
01-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Teabow will be off the board by the time we pick in the 1st round. It is a lock he is going to Jacksonville. The jags need to sell tickets next season if the want to stay in Jacksonville and drafting Teabow is a way do it! I still say Jacksonville should have signed Mike Vick, he would have sold some tickets this year and maybe all their games would not have been blacked out

Nawledge
01-10-2010, 03:47 PM

your giving up on Pat White just like that?

LikeUntoGod
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Why would Mike Vick help sell tickets?

Drafting Tim Tebow is supposed to be worth up to 15,000 season tickets to Jacksonville.

As far as giving up on Pat White, I never ever believed in him and I 100% discount him as ever being a QB and I have little faith he can play at any position.

Nawledge
01-10-2010, 04:11 PM

Drafting Tim Tebow is supposed to be worth up to 15,000 season tickets to Jacksonville.

As far as giving up on Pat White, I never ever believed in him and I 100% discount him as ever being a QB and I have little faith he can play at any position.

the giving up on pat white comment wasnt directed at you...i was askin Napndreds cuz it sounded like he wants them to draft Teebow. It was a real question, i was not mocking him for liking Pat White. I really dont see us drafting Teebow. Its not what we need on the team. In my opinion, as well as many others we already have our QB. Some people still think its up in the air. Chad Henne is by no means an elite QB. Not yet. I saw alot of things he did well and there was plenty of things he did wrong and needs to work on. I do however believe he is our starting QB next year. Therefore I do not see a QB being drafted this year, but then again who knows...we do have a 2nd round pick.

C-HUCKS
01-11-2010, 12:43 AM

I think Mike Vick would have helped sell tickets in Jacksonville because he has a large fan base in the state of Georgia, not the same popularity as Tebow but still a huge following in this area. If marketed properly he would have helped sell more tickets this year in Jacksonville, and that is a big problem for the Jags At one point this year he had the 4th most popular jersey in the NFL, so yeah I also think that would have translated into more tickets sells for the Jags this year. Even though some people hate Vick, he still has a large fan base and would have sold tickets!
I agree with your point about Tebow selling 15,000 tickets. I just think Vick would have helped sell tickets for this season, which jacksonville had a very hard time doing. I think Tebow to Jacksonville is a done deal, that is if Wayne Weaver is wanting to stay in Jacksonville

2413fanphins
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM
the giving up on pat white comment wasnt directed at you...i was askin Napndreds cuz it sounded like he wants them to draft Teebow. It was a real question, i was not mocking him for liking Pat White. I really dont see us drafting Teebow. Its not what we need on the team. In my opinion, as well as many others we already have our QB. Some people still think its up in the air. Chad Henne is by no means an elite QB. Not yet. I saw alot of things he did well and there was plenty of things he did wrong and needs to work on. I do however believe he is our starting QB next year. Therefore I do not see a QB being drafted this year, but then again who knows...we do have a 2nd round pick.

certainly we don't expect henne to be elite with what, 13 starts on his resume?

I thought he came along nicely for basically his first action. there were some mistakes but I can live with those for a first year starter. I really don't suspect much out of him until year three of starting. especially if we only have the weapons we currently possess.

Kdawg954
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I rather Tebow than Pat White, if I had to have one on my team.