PDA

View Full Version : hoops updated 5 for #12

hooshoops
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
this is all assuming eric berry is off the board...otherwise i run the card with his name on it to the podium

in order:

1. dez bryant wr-this is the #1 wr we've been looking for...good speed great size acceleration separation in and out of cuts leaping ability red zone go to guy...physical mismatch on the outside STUD

2. rolando mcclain ilb- intelligent ilb with top notch instincts...speed...flows down the los to the ball...good in coverage...heady player we can depend on to be where he's supposed to be vs the run or pass STUD

3. cj spiller rb- i've come around on this watching the tape i've been reviewing mainly about all the other top rated prospects...they just leave so many more questions for me than spiller does... this guy has can't miss homerun hitting ability...can handle 8-10 carrier per game and 15- 20 touches per game...no lb can cover him will be a weapon all over the field...imo will run a number near 4.3 flat...special teams nightmare on returns PLAYMAKER

4. jerry hughes wolb- seems to be very effective on his feet and looks natural in that role...supreme pass rusher imo for a 3-4 defense in this class...array of pass rush moves...proven 4 year guy...weakness run d not strong enough at the poa but how many weakside guys are??? PREMIER PASS RUSHER

5. derrick morgan solb- this is assuming he can play the strongside...the guys just such a dominant run defender i mean owns tes throws tackles around...has a nice array of pass rush moves...not all that sudden to me which is why i have him here on my list but solb doesn't have to be a sudden player so to speak...a power player through and through PREMIER POWER PLAYER

JCane
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't like Derrick Morgan and I would swap McClain and Bryant. I think Bryant's ineligibility is enough to keep our camp away. He hasn't played for a full season. That's a red flag.

And if Eric Berry is there, I would run with that card like a retard screaming Berry's name all the way to the commissioner.

miami71
01-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Spiller in the first and Demaryus Thomas in the second! Major weapons at RB and WR!

Ricky4Life
01-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Sign Dansby in the offseason (he can not be tagged by AZ) and he does not want to return to AZ, sign Antonio Bryant (he is older but will provide some veteran leadership for the WR.) Trade Ronnie for a 2nd and draft in the first and best OLB available in the 2nd.

3rdandinches
01-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Sign Dansby in the offseason (he can not be tagged by AZ) and he does not want to return to AZ, sign Antonio Bryant (he is older but will provide some veteran leadership for the WR.) Trade Ronnie for a 2nd and draft in the first and best OLB available in the 2nd.

Draft what in the first?

Bigjbizzle2
id be good with that

hooshoops
demarious thomas is gonna have to run a decent # for me to get on board...the stuff i've looked at leaves me questioning his speed...

i like my list and of course free agency if we fill a position could/will effect the order

Astrosback
this is all assuming eric berry is off the board...otherwise i run the card with his name on it to the podium

in order:

1. dez bryant wr-this is the #1 wr we've been looking for...good speed great size acceleration separation in and out of cuts leaping ability red zone go to guy...physical mismatch on the outside STUD

2. rolando mcclain ilb- intelligent ilb with top notch instincts...speed...flows down the los to the ball...good in coverage...heady player we can depend on to be where he's supposed to be vs the run or pass STUD

3. cj spiller rb- i've come around on this watching the tape i've been reviewing mainly about all the other top rated prospects...they just leave so many more questions for me than spiller does... this guy has can't miss homerun hitting ability...can handle 8-10 carrier per game and 15- 20 touches per game...no lb can cover him will be a weapon all over the field...imo will run a number near 4.3 flat...special teams nightmare on returns PLAYMAKER

4. jerry hughes wolb- seems to be very effective on his feet and looks natural in that role...supreme pass rusher imo for a 3-4 defense in this class...array of pass rush moves...proven 4 year guy...weakness run d not strong enough at the poa but how many weakside guys are??? PREMIER PASS RUSHER

5. derrick morgan solb- this is assuming he can play the strongside...the guys just such a dominant run defender i mean owns tes throws tackles around...has a nice array of pass rush moves...not all that sudden to me which is why i have him here on my list but solb doesn't have to be a sudden player so to speak...a power player through and through PREMIER POWER PLAYER

I've got it (again, assuming Berry is gone)...

WR1 Dez Bryant
ILB Rolando McClain
RB/RS CJ Spiller
CB Joe Hayden
OTs Trent Williams or Anthony Davis

CB may not be a huge need with Will Allen coming back but Vontae and Sean ran hot and cold all year, Will Allen is coming off injury and most importantly, Haden is an elite CB prospect.

OL again like CB isn't a glaring need but Smiley & Grove struggle with injuries and Donald Thomas regressed a bit. Garner and Berger are solid interior depth but elite OTs always have great value and if we draft either one of these guys (Trent Williams or Anthony Davis) for RT, then Carey could move inside to guard thus further bolstering the entire OL depth.

I didn't think OT was a huge need for BAL last draft but they snatched up Michael Oher and didn't regret it. Nothing wrong with a dominant OL - just ask teams in the playoffs like the Jets.

My top draft options there also assume we signed someone like Vince Wilfork or Casey Hampton in FA. If not, then Tennessee NT Dan Williams replaces the OTs.

hooshoops
01-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I've got it (again, assuming Berry is gone)...

WR1 Dez Bryant
ILB Rolando McClain
RB/RS CJ Spiller
CB Joe Hayden
OTs Trent Williams or Anthony Davis

CB may not be a huge need with Will Allen coming back but Vontae and Sean ran hot and cold all year, Will Allen is coming off injury and most importantly, Haden is an elite CB prospect.

OL again like CB isn't a glaring need but Smiley & Grove struggle with injuries and Donald Thomas regressed a bit. Garner and Berger are solid interior depth but elite OTs always have great value and if we draft either one of these guys (Trent Williams or Anthony Davis) for RT, then Carey could move inside to guard thus further bolstering the entire OL depth.

I didn't think OT was a huge need for BAL last draft but they snatched up Michael Oher and didn't regret it. Nothing wrong with a dominant OL - just ask teams in the playoffs like the Jets.

My top draft options there also assume we signed someone like Vince Wilfork or Casey Hampton in FA. If not, then Tennessee NT Dan Williams replaces the OTs.

i think that's pretty good also...imo joe haden is top 10 talent...i don't agree with the ot's at #12 though...

i like dan williams a lot just not @ #12

Dogbone34
01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
this week, i'm back to McClain ahead of Bryant. possibly even trade up for him

no problem with dez bryant at #12. luck of the draft, fills a need with BPA

with no trade, CJ Spiller, possibly BPA again, fresh legs and speed on offense.

now i'm stuck.

ColonelJ
01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I think that McClain, Dez, and Spiller will go top 11, as well as Suh, Cody, and Gerald McCoy, Eric Berry, Okung, Bulaga, Trent Williams, Joe Haden.

We will have a shot at: Brandon Spikes, Dan Williams, Sergio Kindle, Taylor Mays, Earl Thomas, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Graham, Ricky Sapp, Golden Tate, Brandon LaFell, Jon Dwyer.

2413fanphins
01-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I think that McClain, Dez, and Spiller will go top 11, as well as Suh, Cody, and Gerald McCoy, Eric Berry, Okung, Bulaga, Trent Williams, Joe Haden.

We will have a shot at: Brandon Spikes, Dan Williams, Sergio Kindle, Taylor Mays, Earl Thomas, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Graham, Ricky Sapp, Golden Tate, Brandon LaFell, Jon Dwyer.

than I guess I like dan williams. NT is a glaring hole for us IMO.
spikes I would be okay with.

do you think kindle comes in as a DE or OLB? he looked good/looks good/is good.

houtz
01-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Looking at your list Hoops it'd be hard to imagine Bryant, McClain and Spiller being gone when we pick. If McClain and Bryant are gone I hope we strongly consider Spiller. We may like a playmaker at the WR position but sometimes a dangerous RB can be every bit as good. He'd be our Chris Johnson. Could you imagine that?

If we get any of your top three I will **** my pants. Not kidding.

hooshoops
01-10-2010, 11:56 PM
i think one of them falls to us...my guess is spiller...unless he runs a 4.28 40 at the combine

houtz
01-11-2010, 12:05 AM
i think one of them falls to us...my guess is spiller...unless he runs a 4.28 40 at the combine

What are the odds we take him tho? From what I've heard Ireland is very high on Spiller but I'm not 100% that information is true. If he's there and we pass I'd be sad.

JCane
01-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Johnathan Dwyer, Morgan Burnett, and Derrick Morgan are all holding a press conference tomorrow at 1:00PM. I haven't heard whether they're all staying or going but the fact that Burnett is in on it kinda makes me lean towards all three staying.

Canadi-Phin
01-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Dol, you don't see any qbs in the top 11? I think clausen goes top 10 and one other. I think the Rams and Skins take a QB. Shannahan may really take to Colt McCoy, he likes running qbs and west coast offense is all quick decisions. Campbell is on his last legs there. IMO. I think someone we all like will be there but I think for the first time we will have the chance to trade out, and will.

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Dol, you don't see any qbs in the top 11? I think clausen goes top 10 and one other. I think the Rams and Skins take a QB. Shannahan may really take to Colt McCoy, he likes running qbs and west coast offense is all quick decisions. Campbell is on his last legs there. IMO. I think someone we all like will be there but I think for the first time we will have the chance to trade out, and will.

I can absolutely see both Clausen and Bradford going in top 10. I jsut think that it is just as plausable that no QBs will be taken. I just don't see either as top 10 talent. Plus, for a team that needs a qb, I think it would be easier to trade up to 20 or 25 to get a QB. I don't think there are teams between 13-32 that would draft Claussen or Bradford. Of course, Rams could wait to #33. One could easily be available there. Plus, Locker, McCoy, Timm Hiller, etc. will be there.

Phinatic8u
01-11-2010, 02:26 AM
IMO the FO has McClain as there #1. If he's still there with 2 picks before we pick they may make a deal to move up 2 spots to grab him. He will be a INCREDIBLE player.

Mr. Magoo
01-11-2010, 02:39 AM
The McClain talk is still very premature. If the guy runs a 4.75 or a 4.8, there's no way he's good value at #12.

OrlandoFin
01-11-2010, 09:21 AM

I think Clausen and Bradford both go top 10, which is a GREAT thing for Miami because it means someone is going to fall.

OrlandoFin
01-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Hoops, not bad, but have a couple of questions/comments.

Do you really think Morgan is athletic enough to be able to drop back into coverage? We'll see what he measures in at but I see him listed anywhere from 265 lbs to 272 lbs, and watching him play he looks every bit of 270 lbs. I know he's a freak for a defensive end, but I am not sure he has the footwork to drop into coverage. I may be completely wrong, but just don't see it.

I also rate Kindle higher than Hughes. I know there are a lot of people on here that like Hughes better, and not taking anything away from him, but Kindle already pretty much plays OLB where Hughes plays with his hand down all the time. Kindle seems to play with the mentality of a LB IMO. He follows the flow then explodes into the play. Hughes gets into the backfield right away. Once again, my view may end up being wrong, but just things I have noticed from the two.

I do think there is going to be a very nice player sitting at #12 and my top 5 for that spot would be;

1. McClain
2. Bryant
3. Kindle
4. Spiller
5. Mays

I have heard rumblings that JI and BP are very high on both Spiller and Mays. Not sure if any holds merit, but I am hearing it from the same lanes where I heard they were high on White last year and Henne the year before.

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 09:42 AM
If they take a safety or a corner at #12, I am buying a Sanchez jersey. That would prove that this team was good for nothing.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I think Earl Thomas is a name that needs to be on that list. Berry is better by not by much...

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 01:47 PM
If we took Danario Alexander at #12 than I would buy a Sanchez Jersey

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Derrick Morgan would be a full not to declare; he is a top 10 pick...

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
If we took Danario Alexander at #12 than I would buy a Sanchez Jersey

Safeties and corners are dime a dozen and plentiful in later rounds. We have 5 safeties on the roster and two young corners plus a vet. No way should it cross their mind to draft another S or CB this year, unles it's the sixth round.

Danario - we need a tall and lenky YAC threat. That is one player I want to open the season with. This kid is both a slot YAC, deep, and redzone threat. The only one in this draft. All others are substitutable.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 02:06 PM
mine would be

1. McClain
2. Dez Bryant
3. C.J. Spiller
4. Earl Thomas
5. Jerry Hughes

ChambersWI
01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm just gonna say there is a reason why Mizzou has only had one WR worth a damn in the NFL (Maclin) under Pinkle. Martin Rucker was an All-American TE that got cut from the Browns after 1 year. Chase Coffman was on IR for the Bengals, but wasn't looking good before hand.

It's a gimmicky offense that's top plays are the WR double screen and the jailbreak screen.

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm just gonna say there is a reason why Mizzou has only had one WR worth a damn in the NFL (Maclin) under Pinkle. Martin Rucker was an All-American TE that got cut from the Browns after 1 year. Chase Coffman was on IR for the Bengals, but wasn't looking good before hand.

It's a gimmicky offense that's top plays are the WR double screen and the jailbreak screen.

Agree on Mizzou offense. Very true. But this kid is better than Maclin.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Safeties and corners are dime a dozen and plentiful in later rounds. We have 5 safeties on the roster and two young corners plus a vet. No way should it cross their mind to draft another S or CB this year, unles it's the sixth round.

Danario - we need a tall and lenky YAC threat. That is one player I want to open the season with. This kid is both a slot YAC, deep, and redzone threat. The only one in this draft. All others are substitutable.

How are they a dime a dozen, Wilford and Pat Turners are a dime a dozen which is exactly what Danario and Lafell are, piece of crap receivers who suck in the NFL because they cant run routes or fight off jams.

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
How are they a dime a dozen, Wilford and Pat Turners are a dime a dozen which is exactly what Danario and Lafell are, piece of crap receivers who suck in the NFL because they cant run routes or fight off jams.

Wilford and Turner can't play.

Corners are drafted in dozens. And so are receivers. But Lafell has not played in the NFL so you can not say he is a piece of crap.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Brandon LaFell a dime a dozen? What makes you think that? I think this guy is a 1st Round talent.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Danario is a fine player but his injury history raises a major red-flag for me

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Driscoll,
It's my draft, and we all know my draft ain't worth diddly. I am sure the FO will select the best player available besed on need. And lord knows we have many needs. Whoever we get will be a starter and probably a very good player because in top 20-30, with all these juniors declaring, there is a ton of talent.
If we get McClain we'll be superduper lucky because the guy is a top 5 talent. If we get Cody, or Spiller, or Bryant, or Kindle, or Spikes, we are sure to get a good player that will contribute.

The bigger question is where do we get value and awesomeness later.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Brandon LaFell a dime a dozen? What makes you think that? I think this guy is a 1st Round talent.

I watch a LOT if LSU games. They are my SEC team and I have the college pack thing on the TV. He is very lanky, not very strong, is fast enough to beat the college D, but not NFL fast. He isnt able to take a beating and you can see his reluctancies. His route running isnt great, i just dont think he has any qualities of a number 2 receiver, he is a decent 2 guy, but i really see him as a 4 on a pass happy team. I watch a lot and thats what i see.

NAPPS
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey Hoops if I recall correctly about 3 months ago I made a thread about spiller and you were the first person to come out and bash me.

Quadfather
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
i think mcclain will be gone and spikes isnt worth the #12 pick. i think the pick will be taylor mays(who i really like even though alot of you dont) or Earl thomas. this all depends on how they perform at the combine.

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey Hoops if I recall correctly about 3 months ago I made a thread about spiller and you were the first person to come out and bash me.

i found your thread...there's not a post from me in it...

dr.jake
01-11-2010, 04:28 PM
i think at 12 you take the BPA. dolphins have so many needs #12 needs to be an impact player and future probowler. the good news is IMO linebackers and wideouts are deep enuf in this draft where we still get a starter in round two. i'm hoping for mcclain but there's a good chance he'll be gone.he's the top ILB and a definite need.but #12 overall should get us the top rated player at his position. and if that's ,bryant,haden,iupati etc. i say grab the hands down absolute best college player at his position.

miami71
01-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Spiller will run the fastest time ever at the combine! I will be shocked if he doesn't!

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Spiller will run the fastest time ever at the combine! I will be shocked if he doesn't!

if he runs a 4.28 i'll be shocked

ckparrothead
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I think that's a good list of 5 players to look at for #12. I would put Jared Odrick in there, though.

TedSlimmJr
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Jacoby Ford will run a faster 40 than Spiller....If I had to choose I'd say that Ford runs the fastest 40 at the combine this year...

NAPPS
01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
My bad for calling you out then

ckparrothead
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Jacoby Ford will run a faster 40 than Spiller....If I had to choose I'd say that Ford runs the fastest 40 at the combine this year...

Fully agree with that. They'll be close, though.

miami71
01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
if he runs a 4.28 i'll be shocked
I want! I say 4.2 Flat!

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Hoops, not bad, but have a couple of questions/comments.

Do you really think Morgan is athletic enough to be able to drop back into coverage? We'll see what he measures in at but I see him listed anywhere from 265 lbs to 272 lbs, and watching him play he looks every bit of 270 lbs. I know he's a freak for a defensive end, but I am not sure he has the footwork to drop into coverage. I may be completely wrong, but just don't see it.

I also rate Kindle higher than Hughes. I know there are a lot of people on here that like Hughes better, and not taking anything away from him, but Kindle already pretty much plays OLB where Hughes plays with his hand down all the time. Kindle seems to play with the mentality of a LB IMO. He follows the flow then explodes into the play. Hughes gets into the backfield right away. Once again, my view may end up being wrong, but just things I have noticed from the two.

I do think there is going to be a very nice player sitting at #12 and my top 5 for that spot would be;

1. McClain
2. Bryant
3. Kindle
4. Spiller
5. Mays

I have heard rumblings that JI and BP are very high on both Spiller and Mays. Not sure if any holds merit, but I am hearing it from the same lanes where I heard they were high on White last year and Henne the year before.

i don't know if morgan will be able to play on his feet at solb...i know that he's a monster against the run has a repertoire of pass rush moves including a bull rush and can set the edge with anyone in this draft...i'm gonna be interested in seeing how he looks in lb drills at the combine...for sure...but i also know there's some people who's opinions i really respect who think he can make the transition...if he can he's definitely worth the #12 pick talent wise

i guess you guys are looking at kindle as a weakside pass rusher...i don't...there's just not an array of pass rush moves...he's solb to me at this point...

kindle needs time to get stronger in his lower body to be a more effective run defender and set the edge...

there's potential there but i see a guy who's gonna take time...

i know one thing...i wouldn't take kindle this year and expect for him to be my day 1 starter on the strongside...no way no how

as such i give him a 3rd round grade for our needs...guy that's gonna need time to develop and get stronger...and like others said i don't see much of a pass rush arsenal...he's not just gonna run around and juke guys at the next level...he's gonna have to engage use his hands and get off blocks and develop as a pass rusher...he's raw just about everywhere

i hope like hell we don't fall in love with taylor mayes...i really do

ckparrothead
01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Speaking of Kindle...just got this up a moment ago, I think YouTube is still processing the HD version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lCQDH8hcWs

showstopper
01-11-2010, 11:36 PM
CK, you think that highly of Odrick as a possible #12?

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Speaking of Kindle...just got this up a moment ago, I think YouTube is still processing the HD version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lCQDH8hcWs

your thoughts on kindle???

and man i'm watching some brandon graham stuff and damn that kid looks good...i will be REALLY interested to see how he looks in senior bowl drills and lb drills at the combine

SF Dolphin Fan
01-11-2010, 11:55 PM

in order:

Nice list. I'd add Earl Thomas and move Hughes down a bit. I love Spiller, BTW. Honestly, if the Dolphins were picking and both Bryant and Spiller were on the board I'd be happier with Spiller. This guy will change games, as you pointed out, in so many ways. About 20 times a game he will have a chance to make an impact play. Bryant would get 5-7 touches. I do love Bryant as well.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Nice!

SF Dolphin Fan
01-11-2010, 11:58 PM
He isn't quick, but he has very strong hands, is physical, breaks a ton of tackles, runs pretty well after the catch and is a physical blocker. I like him a lot.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I watch a LOT if LSU games. They are my SEC team and I have the college pack thing on the TV. He is very lanky, not very strong, is fast enough to beat the college D, but not NFL fast. He isnt able to take a beating and you can see his reluctancies. His route running isnt great, i just dont think he has any qualities of a number 2 receiver, he is a decent 2 guy, but i really see him as a 4 on a pass happy team. I watch a lot and thats what i see.

I totally agree. Also, doesn't have great hands. I'm not a fan of Lafell.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-12-2010, 12:05 AM
He isn't quick, but he has very strong hands, is physical, breaks a ton of tackles, runs pretty well after the catch and is a physical blocker. I like him a lot. Oops. Hit the wrong button. Referring to Thomas as a prospect at wide receiver.

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 12:21 AM
CK, you think that highly of Odrick as a possible #12?

Odrick has always been high on the list for me, yeah.