PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card Player for Miami and other players I like

Dajesus
01-10-2010, 07:00 PM
If we do not get McClain, out side of the FS Berry, McClain is the player I think can help us more than anyone in the draft, or Spikes at MLB, to solve our MLB problems, who do you guys like later on? My choice might be Casey Mathews SR Oregon Ducks. He had very good stats at MLB for Oregon, but most likely he stock will drop at the combine. You can not teach his pedigree and how football smart his whole family is. We need a QB type player on defense, so I would love it if we grabbed him late, as I think he could compete for serious playing time, as 5th or 6th round pick.

I must say I am all about improving our defense this off season. I think MLB, FS, and NT(in that order,) are the most important spots we need to fill. That being said I am falling in love with us picking Spiller, as some web pages have us doing in their mock drafts. I could only be happy about this if we signed at least 2 of the defensive spots in FA, IE Wilfork and Dansby, and Berry and McClain would have to be off the board as they are my top rated hopes for the Dolphins in this draft, but most likely they will be gone. I am still dreaming that guys like Clausen, Pike, Locke, and McCoy, all have great combines so teams going QB pushes Berry or McClain to us. More than we need a #1 WR, we just need a player that is a home run threat. The only other choice is Braynt, but out side of my concerns with his charicter, I do not think we can gamble another high choice on WR on him. Spiller adds that home run threat, and being a RB who is a very good reciever it will much easier to get him the ball. Even more if we sign Ronnie. Can you imagine how deadly the wild cat would be with Ronnie taking the snap with Ricky in the back field, and Spiller in motion. I also like the pick because Ricky has one season left, and Ronnie is injury prone, so even if he resigns he could be one injury away from being gone. I think Spiller is special because he is Marshal Faulk type player who has home run speed, and is as dangerous as a WR as he is a RB. Teams would have to game plan to stop him. Those players our special, and hard to come by.

BassFin
01-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I really like Spiller but I'm not sure they should pick him. He's a playmaker in every sense of the word and we need one. But I don't think the offense is the weak link on this team. It all depends on who is there when pick 12 comes up. We'll get a clearer picture once FA starts.

Clipse
01-10-2010, 08:16 PM
No. Spiller would be the worst possible pick this team could make with all the holes we have.

Dajesus
01-11-2010, 01:21 AM
It is odd that I went on and on about how we needed to fill other holes before I would be ok with taking Spiller, but the responses were saying no spiller that we have to fill other holes. I also said I like McClain, Berry, and possibly Spikes more than Spiller, and I also talked about a late round steal at MLB, but all that was responded to was drafting Spiller.

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 01:53 AM
I like your idea of bring a NT and MLB through free agency. That should help us focus the draft on offense. If it can be done it would be a smart thing to do.

Our two needs are DE/OLB, and NT. Ferguson and Porter/Taylor are on their way out. So that is a need. But if we can get a NT and a LB in free agency then we could go exclusively offense in the first 4 rounds which should give us some pretty good long term talent.

1st rd: Dez Bryant, C.J. Spiller, Gresham, Golden Tate, Brandon Lafell, Arrelious Benn or so.
2nd rd: Mardy Gilyard, Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Shipley, Dexter McCluster, Danario Alexander, Jahvid Best
3rd rd: Dezmon Briscoe, Mike Williams, Damian Williams, Jimmy Graham,
4th rd: Frddie Barnes, Jacoby Ford, Riley Copper, Emanuel Sanders, Dedrick Epps.

Ricky4Life
01-11-2010, 02:24 AM
No. Spiller would be the worst possible pick this team could make with all the holes we have.

Spiller would not make me upset if we could sign a LB, NT and WR in FA.

WaxOn WaxOff
01-11-2010, 08:55 AM

Dan Marino would not have been a Dolphin with that point of view.