PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Thought we could use a thread to discuss certain players and what not. If there is anyone you have questions just state their name and we can all jump in and discuss the players strengths, weaknesses, red-flags etc.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Mods if you want to sticky this thread that could be a good idea. Thanks!

Morgan Burnett, Carlos Dunlap, and Maurkice Pouncey all announce they will enter the draft. Mike Pouncey announced he will return for his Senior season.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey Driscoll when do you slot those guys as going?

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Carlos Dunalp will be a Top 20 Draft Pick. His production started to match his talent; has good size and I could see teams like the Raiders, Falcons,and Eagles being major players for him.

Morgan Burnett should be a 1st Rounder and if he isn't someone is getting a steal. As a Sophomore Burnett landed 8 interceptions which tied Eric Berry for the nation lead. I expect the Texans, Cowboys, Steelers, and Giants to take a look at him.

Maurkice Pouncey is an interesting prospect at Center. Pending what Kris O'Dowd of USC,and Stefen Wisnieski of Penn State do in terms of declaring for the draft and Pouncey could be the highest rated Center in the draft landing him in Round 2.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Demaryius Thomas declared before the weekend. I have him as a 2nd Rounder, Great size but lacks elite speed. Watching the game against Iowa over I noticed that the Iowa corners didn't respect his speed at all. He was only targeted twice in this game.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Demaryius Thomas declared before the weekend. I have him as a 2nd Rounder, Great size but lacks elite speed. Watching the game against Iowa over I noticed that the Iowa corners didn't respect his speed at all. He was only targeted twice in this game.

"Lacks elite speed" how? Like Andre Johnson has great size but lacks speed, as does Boldin, but so does Pat Turner and Ernest Wilford. What kinda speed we talking?

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I have a lot of stuff to post but am waiting on all of the Junior's to decide either way before I put out my positional rankigs, big board, mock draft, underrated vs overrated list, and position reviews. Stay tuned. I am not expert but do this for fun. I love analyzing the draft and evaluating talent. I like good discussions and think the beauty of the draft is all the different opinions.

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Agree. But to be fair, Nesbitt could not make the right decision to save his life. the guy was open a lot. More improtantly they use him mostly on go routes. There is no route running in that offense. Even so, only on go routes, he got open but was never targeted.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I am talking deep speed. Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the league and I can assure you that BeBe Thomas is not of that level. Watching him play Iowa you can see that the corners played him off the line and kept him in front of them. Thomas has solid hands but I do not think he is our answer at Receiver

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
DolGinn.. looking at you signature I noticed you're mock. Jason Worlids is a guy I like a lot to take over for Joey Porter. I think he could even slide to Round 3.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Agree. But to be fair, Nesbitt could not make the right decision to save his life. the guy was open a lot. More improtantly they use him mostly on go routes. There is no route running in that offense. Even so, only on go routes, he got open but was never targeted.

He is one of those players i really think could be a great value if he was in the third. He has all the tools and is a high risk, high reward type guy. I hear a lot of Calvin Johnson comparisons but that could just be because they both went to Tech. From what i have seen from him, i like him, a lot, if they can teach him routes and speed up his breaks he can be a solid 1 in the league IMO. That being said i like Bryant, Tate, and Benn more than him.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM
I am talking deep speed. Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the league and I can assure you that BeBe Thomas is not of that level. Watching him play Iowa you can see that the corners played him off the line and kept him in front of them. Thomas has solid hands but I do not think he is our answer at Receiver

Obv, i was just using the name as an example. I think he could develop if he learns to use his strengths better, was able to learn routes and fight off jams. But i have 0 faith in our staff to teach. haha

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:47 PM
To start a good heated debate let's look at what we feel the Dolphins need. I have us needing a #1 Receiver, Tight End, Outside Linebackers, Inside Linebacker, and a Nose Tackle in no particular order. What is the overall opinion in regards to Offense or Defense being what we really need. in terms of Offensive players I see Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, and even Mardy Gilyard garnering some attention. Defensively Earl Thomas, Brandon Spikes, Dan Williams, Jerry Hughes, Derrick Morgan, and Rolando McClain come to mind immediatly. I think that Dez Bryant should be priority #1 but should he be off the board when we select we look at the Defense which leans me towards Earl Thomas. I think we make a splash in terms of Nose Tackle and Linebackers via free agency so finding an Elite Free Safety could only be done via the draft

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
If Demaryius Thomas is available in Round 3 than that is a different story. I have him as a Mid-Round 2 prospect

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 02:49 PM
DolGinn.. looking at you signature I noticed you're mock. Jason Worlids is a guy I like a lot to take over for Joey Porter. I think he could even slide to Round 3.

I have him as mid 2nd to early third. He has nice size and a constant motor. I am a little skeptical about the pick because I know that the trifecta likes players with upside so that they can groom them into position. To that end, they like a guy that is maybe a little taller and a little lankier, but with a motor and moves, so that they can build him up gradually. I am worried, in absence of the stats and combine, that he has peaked and is limited by height.

Other than that, I don't think he is a reach at #44 as an OLB.

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
demarious thomas looks like a mid 4.6's guy maybe even 4.7 guy on tape to me...i see dbs in their backpedal an awful long time with him and still staying with him down the field

if he runs that at the combine i say stay away...especially before the 3rd round...if he runs a mid 4.5's that's a big difference and i can see a 2nd round value

no matter what this is a guy imo that is gonna take time to develop and i don't see an immediate impact player...needs time

morgan burnette i have as a 3rd round value...don't see 1st round at all

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
If Morgan Burnett falls to Round 3 and we don't draft him I will boycott the season. I have him as the 3rd safety in this draft.

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
i'll tell you this...burnette is not on my list at #43

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Derrick Morgan and Jonathan Dwyer have also declared for the NFL Draft

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
If Morgan Burnett falls to Round 3 and we don't draft him I will boycott the season. I have him as the 3rd safety in this draft.

Agree. The guy is a ballhawk and a good tackler, and he's a junior.

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Agree. The guy is a ballhawk and a good tackler, and he's a junior.

i'd take chad jones over him in a heartbeat

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
The way i see it is this, with 12 you ahve your top 10 talents that could fall-Dez, Spiller, McClain. I am going to go along with the post under the assumption that none fall, or our FO wont take Spiller. You look at needs v. BPA.
There are NT's there-Williams, Cody-They are both 2 down players. Not very high upside on Williams, far less risk than Cody. I dont think anyone can justify taking a 2 down player at 12.
SOLB-Hughes and Kindle look like very good prospects here. Each one has positives-Hughes has a great motor, production attitude-Kindle is an athletic beast and leader of one of the nations top D. Negs-Hughes plays at TCU-smaller time school (not much of an issue), Kindle-Not many sacks/production. I wouldnt be upset with either-i like Kindles experience and speed better, especially covering flat, TE, Run, Pass all around SOLB.
S-Earl Thomas is the guy here. He would be the best S in any other class, but we have Berry. He can cover he can hit, he is smart, he stays on his assignment. I love him, he can play right off the bat and be good-later great maybe elite. One question with him is how far will Burnett fall, how much of a drop off in talent is there. If Burnett will fall to 44, and the FO sees him as not too much worse than he looks like the choice and get a free Kindle/Hughes.
WR-Its Dez or no one. Tate and Benn would be great but they are kinda in no man's land-picked after 12 but before 44.
TE-i just dont see it at 12, n ot with Graham from Miami later.
ILB-McClain or nothing. A lot of depth for ILB.

ColonelJ
01-11-2010, 03:05 PM
i'd take chad jones over him in a heartbeat

Good player too. But Chad Jones's production is not near Burnett's. So, if you see something in Jones that you don't in Burnett, then it does not show up.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Derrick Morgan I have as a Top 10 pick without question. He could be a 4-3 Defensive End or a 3-4 SOLB; Great size, strength, and ability; uses his hands very well.

Jonathan Dwyer is going to be a steal for someone in Round 2. This guy runs with power and it's so natural.

RealDriscoll
I have Chad Jones as a 3rd Rounder. I think he is on the over-hyped team

hooshoops
dan williams has plenty of upside...

jerry hughes is weakside only...not nearly strong enough vs the run

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Good player too. But Chad Jones's production is not near Burnett's. So, if you see something in Jones that you don't in Burnett, then it does not show up.

HUGE UPSIDE

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Skip I agree with a lot of you're points. I love Sergio Kindle and Jerry Hughes but they play WOLB; If we draft a WOLB that shows a lack of faith in Cameron Wake. It could happen. What we really is a SOLB in the mold of Brandon Graham of Michigan, Jason Worlids of Virginia Tech, Greg Romeus of Pittsburgh, or Derrick Morgan of GT.

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
jonathon dwyer is overrated...anthony dixon is the power back to have

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm careful when drafting players because of upside. I like upside but that has to be matched with production. I think teams like the Raiders fall in love with players physical attributes such as size and speed which is in the same ball-park as depending on upside. Being a Terp Alumn there was no way in hell Heyward Bey should have been picked at #7. In fact Ted Ginn Jr. was twice the player at Ohio State. Heyward-Bey has upside but...

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Wow I beg to differ big time. Dixon is a fine player but Jonathan Dwyer is the best back not named Spiller in this draft.

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
heyward bey was garbage from the get go...speed and awful hands

chad jones is a football player

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Chad Jones is also a baseball player :)

phineffect
01-11-2010, 03:39 PM
dol, Does your sig mean you have us getting Denario in the first rd? iv seen mocks of him going 2nd rd to 7th rd. Goin to all the MU games this year, i love Denario! But i see him in the 3-4th rd. The wr i love is dezmond Brisco. 6'3, catches everything, good routes and faster then poeple think. And quesiton for real, Do you think Dunlap could play a rushing Lb?

ChambersWI
01-11-2010, 04:15 PM
only things you can really knock Dwyer for are A)doesn't have break away speed and B)He's kind of pudgy. But he's a very good player and is gonna be drafted a lot lower than he should. I could see KC taking him to compliment Jamaal Charles.

Driscoll you say you'll Boycott the season if we don't take Burnett and he's available in the 3rd, what if we took Earl Thomas early?

As I mentioned in another thread, 2 guys I really wanna keep an eye on are Navarro Bowman and Everson Griffen.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I LOVE Earl Thomas. In fact I will go on a limb and take the heat for saying I think he will be a better player than Eric Berry.

hooshoops
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
watch jonathon dwyers pass and run blocking in the ga tech iowa bowl game...it was horrendous

dwyer doesn't have that 2nd gear that anthony dixon possesses...nor the same power

it's all good...there's plenty of guys i see many of you are very high on that i wouldn't take at #43

burnett, edds, kindle, danario alexander (lol) demarious thomas (*that could change*) briscoe, damian williams, taylor mayes, brandon spikes, lafell etc

ChambersWI
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I may have to do a mock later tonight. Kind of hard right now since it's so early, but I'm gonna try. Promise you it probably won't look anything like this in April.

Boomer
01-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I LOVE Earl Thomas. In fact I will go on a limb and take the heat for saying I think he will be a better player than Eric Berry.

Remarkable.

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Remarkable.

Meaning? Do you strongly agree or disagree?

TedSlimmJr
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM

I think he strongly agrees...:lol:

WelcomeBack
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I think he strongly agrees...:lol:

:ponder:

Maybe strongly is an understatement. :lol:

skipp2myloo13
01-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I really think that Thomas is one of those players who can go down as a steal because he came out the "Erik Berry Year". I see him as being as much of a complete FS as possible and he may be entering the big 3 of Bryant, McClain and Thomas as my "want guys".

WelcomeBack
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I really think that Thomas is one of those players who can go down as a steal because he came out the "Erik Berry Year". I see him as being as much of a complete FS as possible and he may be entering the big 3 of Bryant, McClain and Thomas as my "want guys".

My top 3 at the #12 spot would include Bryant, McClain and Thomas as well. But I'm also including Derrick Morgan as my top 4, not in any order.

Boomer
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM

He knows what it means Skipp.

My own opinion is that Thomas is a very special player with rare ball skills, exceeding those of Eric Berry, who I firmly believe should be in play at the 12 spot.

WelcomeBack
01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
He knows what it means Skipp.

My own opinion is that Thomas is a very special player with rare ball skills, exceeding those of Eric Berry, who I firmly believe should be in play at the 12 spot.

He definitely has to be in strong consideration. He's an exceptional player.

Boomer
01-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes he is. More PBU's than any corner or safety this year. He's going to run a legitimate 4.4 forty. His instincts and reading of the game are so good and he's just a fabulous kid off the field.

WelcomeBack
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes he is. More PBU's than any corner or safety this year. He's going to run a legitimate 4.4 forty. His instincts and reading of the game are so good and he's just a fabulous kid off the field.

You got to help me decipher my wants here Boomer, McClain, Bryant, Morgan and Thomas are all looking like great picks to me. Of course there is still Spiller and Weatherspoon.

Boomer
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM
It's draft time WB - we all want so much but know of the high up guys we really like we can only have one, maybe 2 if we're lucky and sometimes, usually when Wanny was drafting, none at all!

Dez Bryant will provide outstanding talent at the receiver spot. Big body, physical, good hands, down the field threat, he's not fast. Only a 4.5 runner in the Crabtree range but hella good enough to be a #1. But is he mentally tough enough? Is he mentally ready? You could bring Brandon Marshall in as a FA or you could draft a guy with a similar mentality in Bryant. He's also missed 7 or 8 games in 2009 and he's a Deion Sanders kid which means he's a Eugene Parker kid, which means: sideshow.

Rolando McClain is a starter from day 1. I happen to think he's the most instinctive linebacker I've seen in a few years and he's been consistently very good for a number of seasons. He's sudden, he runs well going forwards and laterally and he's pretty good at getting into coverage. He will make a lot of tackles and will come in and line up the defense from play 1. But he has terrible hips. He doesn't always disengage well, he's not always aware of what's going on and doesn't protect his knees and he's not going to scare anyone blitzing.

Morgan will probably be gone, but he's another good player. Just ferocious all year in the ACC. Against FSU and Wake he was a beast. Against Clemson in the ACC Title game he was very good. Incredibly quick off the snap, ferocious hands, relentless as a pass rusher, can run the arc, can play run and most of all he understands the position. But will struggle to get off some blocks, especially when being kicked out. Dunlap is a risk because he's a nut case and his production doesn't match his athletic ability. JPP is a risk in a 3-4 because where are you going to play him? If you draft him, he'll only play 3rd downs and you have one of those already called Cam Wake. One year of major college experience and now you want Pierre Paul to play SOLB and play tight ends down the field? Can you afford to play him like Anthony Spencer in Dallas and play him upfield 75% of the time? Is he good enough? What about the other 25%? Well, Morgan is much more certain than those 2.

Thomas is a terrific player. I love McClain, I love Bryant, I love Spiller, I love Weatherspoon, I love Hughes, I love Syd'Quan Thompson, I love Rennie Curran, I love Suh and McCoy. I might love Thomas more than anyone not called Suh. He's so pacy, such range, you can play him at CB and not worry, he's fluid, he's a ball hawk. 8 picks and more PBU's than anyone in FBS. From a redshirt soph who started all 27 games and was a team captain as a freshman and off the field is like Myron Rolle, who I can tell you from having spent time with him in England, is about as terrific a human being as you'd ever find! But he's young. He looks slight. And he's not overly aggressive in the run game although Lord knows he brings it. His flaws are minimal.

Weatherspoon I talked about and Spiller. Man, CJ Spiller is good. You see what Felix Jones did to Philly Saturday night? That's CJ Spiller.

It's a good draft for good players and really good kids off the field. You'd have to go some to find a player at 12 that you couldn't make a pretty good case for.

WelcomeBack
01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
It's draft time WB - we all want so much but know of the high up guys we really like we can only have one, maybe 2 if we're lucky and sometimes, usually when Wanny was drafting, none at all!

Dez Bryant will provide outstanding talent at the receiver spot. Big body, physical, good hands, down the field threat, he's not fast. Only a 4.5 runner in the Crabtree range but hella good enough to be a #1. But is he mentally tough enough? Is he mentally ready? You could bring Brandon Marshall in as a FA or you could draft a guy with a similar mentality in Bryant. He's also missed 7 or 8 games in 2009 and he's a Deion Sanders kid which means he's a Eugene Parker kid, which means: sideshow.

Rolando McClain is a starter from day 1. I happen to think he's the most instinctive linebacker I've seen in a few years and he's been consistently very good for a number of seasons. He's sudden, he runs well going forwards and laterally and he's pretty good at getting into coverage. He will make a lot of tackles and will come in and line up the defense from play 1. But he has terrible hips. He doesn't always disengage well, he's not always aware of what's going on and doesn't protect his knees and he's not going to scare anyone blitzing.

Morgan will probably be gone, but he's another good player. Just ferocious all year in the ACC. Against FSU and Wake he was a beast. Against Clemson in the ACC Title game he was very good. Incredibly quick off the snap, ferocious hands, relentless as a pass rusher, can run the arc, can play run and most of all he understands the position. But will struggle to get off some blocks, especially when being kicked out. Dunlap is a risk because he's a nut case and his production doesn't match his athletic ability. JPP is a risk in a 3-4 because where are you going to play him? If you draft him, he'll only play 3rd downs and you have one of those already called Cam Wake. One year of major college experience and now you want Pierre Paul to play SOLB and play tight ends down the field? Can you afford to play him like Anthony Spencer in Dallas and play him upfield 75% of the time? Is he good enough? What about the other 25%? Well, Morgan is much more certain than those 2.

Thomas is a terrific player. I love McClain, I love Bryant, I love Spiller, I love Weatherspoon, I love Hughes, I love Syd'Quan Thompson, I love Rennie Curran, I love Suh and McCoy. I might love Thomas more than anyone not called Suh. He's so pacy, such range, you can play him at CB and not worry, he's fluid, he's a ball hawk. 8 picks and more PBU's than anyone in FBS. From a redshirt soph who started all 27 games and was a team captain as a freshman and off the field is like Myron Rolle, who I can tell you from having spent time with him in England, is about as terrific a human being as you'd ever find! But he's young. He looks slight. And he's not overly aggressive in the run game although Lord knows he brings it. His flaws are minimal.

Weatherspoon I talked about and Spiller. Man, CJ Spiller is good. You see what Felix Jones did to Philly Saturday night? That's CJ Spiller.

It's a good draft for good players and really good kids off the field. You'd have to go some to find a player at 12 that you couldn't make a pretty good case for.

When thinking of C.J. Spiller this weekend, it was more about what Ray Rice did to New England on that first play. It would be nice to have someone able to score at any possible moment from anywhere on the field.

But at the current moment, I've been leaning more towards Thomas or Morgan...with Gilyard and Edds in rounds 2 and 3.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Spiller and Rice are completely different backs. Are you talking about the big play/ home-run threat? Ray Rice was a good play at Rutgers and I remember reading that Parcells and Co. were very interested in an un-named Running Back in the draft. Ray Rice is easily a top 5 back in the league. Spiller has that homerun threat in him even more than Rice. If Spiller and Dez are staring at us at #12 I think you take Spiller.

WelcomeBack
01-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I didn't mean they were the same runner. I said that play made me think of Spiller. A guy that can score from distance and take it all the way down the field at any possible moment. That's what Spiller provides, so I can't discount him from the #12 pick.

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Agree 100%

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Joe Haden is the cbest Corner in this draft. Syd'Quan moves his hips well but I'd take Warren of Michigan, Spievy of Iowa, Jackson of Alabama, and of course Haden of Florida over him. Syd'Quan might be around in Round 3

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
If we could landa premier Free Safety such as Eric Berry or Earl Thomas than our secondary would have a very bright future with Sean Smith and Vontae Davis. I am still convinced that Gibril Wilson is the best Strong Safety on the roster..Sorry Yeremiah

RealDriscoll
01-11-2010, 09:13 PM
My one gripe on Derrick Morgan is his closing speed. He is a top 7 pick and we have no chance anyways...

SF Dolphin Fan
01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Derrick Morgan I have as a Top 10 pick without question. He could be a 4-3 Defensive End or a 3-4 SOLB; Great size, strength, and ability; uses his hands very well.

Jonathan Dwyer is going to be a steal for someone in Round 2. This guy runs with power and it's so natural.

How would you compare Dwyer vs. Gerhart? Please include pass catching, blocking, outside running etc.

houtz
01-12-2010, 01:45 AM
The only problem I have with the possibility of Earl Thomas at #12 is if I'm not mistaken I've read Sparano is very high on Clemons.

As far as the draft is concerned I've heard they are very high on Mays and Spiller. The verdict is still out on Mays for his poor coverage but man can he hit. IMO we go BPA and if the draft shakes out the way I expect I think Spiller will be the guy staring us in the fact at #12.

Ricky4Life
01-12-2010, 01:51 AM
I didn't mean they were the same runner. I said that play made me think of Spiller. A guy that can score from distance and take it all the way down the field at any possible moment. That's what Spiller provides, so I can't discount him from the #12 pick.

Exactly. Everyone wants Ronnie to stay and nothing against the guy, but if I was in the FO's shoes I would think it would be hard to look at a 29 year old player that has played ONE full season and trying to convince myself that he is good to keep around. I would try and trade him for a second, let Hilliard and Cobbs fill Ricky's role when he retires and draft Spiller in the first because he has that Homerun speed which Brown does not have. I am tired of watching him get caught from behind when he should be scoring.

ColonelJ
01-12-2010, 03:38 AM
dol, Does your sig mean you have us getting Denario in the first rd? iv seen mocks of him going 2nd rd to 7th rd. Goin to all the MU games this year, i love Denario! But i see him in the 3-4th rd. The wr i love is dezmond Brisco. 6'3, catches everything, good routes and faster then poeple think.
Look, I am under no delusions that we will draft Denario Alexander at 12. It is just an expression of my desire to see that wonderful, tall, lenky, wide receivers on the sunny field in Florida at the season's opener. There is no doubt that Briscoe is a different WR than Alexander, and has shown more skills. But what I've seen from Alexander athletically I like. Call me Al Davis.

And quesiton for real, Do you think Dunlap could play a rushing Lb?

No way. Carlos Dunlap is a prototype DE for 3-4. He has no speed or consistency at chasing anything but a quarterback in the pocket.

Ozfin77
01-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Was just looking at http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&line=165127&majteam=CLG

Noticed DB's (Safeties) Major Wright (FL) and Chad Jones (LSU) are both coming out this year.

I really like Chad Jones' style and makeup (6'3'' 218). I know the coach is liking Clemons now, but the way this guy plays and hits, I'd love to see him in Miami.

To me he has good instincts, speed and and physicality. He could help out on special teams too.

Thoughts on both players?

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't put a ton of stock in Clemons; he was a 5th round pick. Good player but you don't pass on Earl Thomas for him

ColonelJ
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
IS there a way to draft offense at the top? How about S Brad Phillips later http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66120&draftyear=2010&genpos=FS
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66120&draftyear=2010&genpos=FS

Deon Young http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=171886

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Here is a quick 3 Round Mock Draft.. no analysis yet.. I am waiting on players such as Greg Romeus to declare etc...

2010 NFL Mock Draft

By Neal Driscoll

Rams: Ndamukong Suh-DT-Nebraska
Lions: Gerald McCoy-DT-Oklahoma
Buccaneers: Eric Berry-S-Tennessee
Redskins: Sam Bradford-QB-Oklahoma
Chiefs: Russell Okung-OT-Oklahoma State
Seahawks: Taylor Mays-S-USC
Browns: Derrick Morgan-SOLB-Georgia Tech
Raiders: Trent Williams-OT-Oklahoma
Bills: Jimmy Clausen-QB-Notre Dame
Jaguars: Joe Haden-CB-Florida
Broncos (Bears): Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
Dolphins: Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
49ers: Earl Thomas-FS-Texas
Seahawks (Broncos): Charles Brown-OT-USC
Giants: CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
Titans: Everson Griffen-DE-USC
49ers (Panthers): Sergio Kindle-WOLB-Texas
Steelers: Amari Spievey-CB-Iowa
Falcons: Carlos Dunlap-DE-Florida
Texans: Brian Price-DT-UCLA
Bengals: Arrelious Benn-WR-Illinois
Patriots: Jermaine Gresham-TE-Oklahoma
Packers: Jahvid Best-RB-California
Eagles: Brandon Spikes-ILB-Florida
Jets: Jared Odrick-DT-Penn State
Ravens: Golden Tate-WR-Notre Dame
Cardinals: Bruce Campbell-LT-Maryland
Cowboys: Morgan Burnett-S-Georgia Tech
Vikings: Navorro Bowman-OLB-Penn State
Chargers: Dan Williams-NT-Tennessee
Saints: Sean Wetaherspoon-OLB-Missouri
Colts: Anthony Davis-OT-Rutgers

Round 2

Rams: Jevan Snead-QB-Mississippi
Lions: Brandon Graham-DE-Michigan
Buccaneers: Jason Paul-Pierre-DE-South Florida
Chiefs: Terrence Cody-NT-Alabama
Redskins: Bryan Bulaga-OT-Iowa
Browns: Tim Tebow-QB-Florida
Raiders: Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho
Seahawks: Joe McKnight-RB-USC
Bills: Damian Williams—WR-USC
Buccaneers (Bears): Patrick Robinson-CB-Florida State
Dolphins: Mardy Gilyard-WR-Cincinnati
Patriots (Jaguars): Jerry Hughes-WOLB-TCU
Broncos: Arthur Jones-DE-Syracuse
Giants: Chad Jones-FS-LSU
Patriots (Titans): Brandon LaFell-WR-LSU
Panthers: Tyson Alualu-DT/DL-California
49ers: Jason Fox-OT-Miami
Chiefs (Falcons): Greg Hardy-OLB-Mississippi
Texans: Jonathan Dwyer-RB-Georgia Tech
Steelers: Corey Wootton-DEOLB-Northwestern
Patriots: Brandon Ghee-CB-Wake Forest
Bengals: Reshad Jones-S-Georgia
Eagles: Nate Allen-FS-South Florida
Packers: Donovan Warren-CB-Michigan
Ravens: Kareem Jackson-CB-Alabama
Jets: Ricky Sapp-OLB-Clemson
Cardinals: Aaron Hernandez-TE-Florida
Cowboys: Demaryius Thomas-WR-Georgia Tech
Vikings: Tony Pike-QB-Cincinnati
Chargers: Anthony Dixon-RB-Mississippi State
Saints: Vince Oghobaase-DT-Duke
Colts: Rennie Curran-OLB-Georgia

Round 3

Rams: Dominique Franks-CB-Oklahoma
Lions: Trevard Lindley-CB-Kentucky
Buccaneers: AJ Edds-OLB-Iowa
Chiefs: Daryl Washington-ILB-TCU
Raiders: Lamarr Houston-DT-Texas
Eagles (Seahawks): Eric Norwood-OLB-South Carolina
Browns: Ryan Matthews-RB-Fresno State
Bills: Perrish Cox-CB-Oklahoma State
Dolphins: Jason Worlids-SOLB-Virginia Tech
Jaguars: Jeremy Williams-WR-Tulane
Bears: Danario Alexander-WR-Missouri
Giants: Mike Johnson-OG-Alabama
Titans: Myron Lewis-CB/S-Vanderbilt
Panthers: D’Anthony Smith-DT-LA. Tech
49ers: Colt McCoy-QB-Texas
Broncos: Anthony McCoy-TE-USC
Texans: Jon Asamoah-OG-Illinois
Steelers: Ciron Black-OT-LSU
Falcons: Major Wright-FS-Florida
Bengals: Jermaine Cunningham-DE-Florida
Raiders (Packers): Kyle Wilson-CB-Boise State
Packers: George Selvie-OLB-South Florida
Eagles: Toby Gerhart-RB-Stanford
Browns (Jets): Jordan Shipley-WR-Texas
Ravens: Javier Arenas-CB-Alabama
Cardinals: Maurkice Pouncey-OC-Florida
Cowboys: Selvish Capers-OT-West Virginia
Vikings: CJ Wilson-DE-East Carolina
Chargers: Kyle Calloway-OT-Iowa
Saints: Matt Tennant-OC-Boston College
Colts: Roddrick Muckelroy-OLB-Texas

ColonelJ
01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Fantastic job!!! It gives an idea of just how deep this draft is! Superb!

Breed
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Here is a quick 3 Round Mock Draft.. no analysis yet.. I am waiting on players such as Greg Romeus to declare etc...

2010 NFL Mock Draft
By Neal Driscoll

Round 2

Round 3

Awesome mock draft.....

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 12:05 PM
So for the Dolphins I'd go
1-Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
2-Mardy Gilyard-WR-Cincinnati
3-Jason Worlids-SOLB-VT
4-Jimmy Graham-TE-Miami
6A-Torrell Troup-NT-Central Florida
6B-Cam Thomas-NT-North Carolina
6C-Mike Tepper-OL-California

I dont know about the 7th Rounders just yet

Nappy Roots
01-12-2010, 12:16 PM

2010 NFL Mock Draft
By Neal Driscoll

Round 2

Round 3

Did you forget Bebe Thomas WR GT?

i dont see his name...in that scenario i would go Hughes or Hardy in round 2 and Bebe in round 3 :)

Bebe will go round 1 IMO...

ColonelJ
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Did you forget Bebe Thomas WR GT?

i dont see his name...in that scenario i would go Hughes or Hardy in round 2 and Bebe in round 3 :)

Bebe will go round 1 IMO...

2nd round Cowboys, above.

ColonelJ
01-12-2010, 12:46 PM
So for the Dolphins I'd go
1-Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
2-Mardy Gilyard-WR-Cincinnati
3-Jason Worlids-SOLB-VT
4-Jimmy Graham-TE-Miami
6A-Torrell Troup-NT-Central Florida
6B-Cam Thomas-NT-North Carolina
6C-Mike Tepper-OL-California

I dont know about the 7th Rounders just yet

That is one nice 4-round line up there. The most impressive thing is that LB position is fixed, and we got ourselves a monster tight end.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2010, 12:50 PM
2nd round Cowboys, above.

in that case i would go him in the 2nd...:oops:

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Mardy Gilyard is the better player. Signing Antonio Bryant and drafting Gilyard would resolve our issues at WR

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
There is a notion going around that Brandon Spikes could fall out of the 1st round all together because he is considered "slow". If this guy falls to Round 2 we should take him even if we took McClain in Round 1.

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
in that case i would go him in the 2nd...:oops:

Although I like Thomas, I'm not sure I'd take him over Gilyard. Gilyard is a complete threat. I know the size is a huge difference, but with someone that can score on kickoffs, punt returns and in my opinion looks good after the catch, Gilyard would be tough to pass up for Thomas.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Mardy Gilyard is the better player. Signing Antonio Bryant and drafting Gilyard would resolve our issues at WR

i dont think so and i dont think its close IMO. Bebe Thomas is bigger, stronger, and more dominate while playing in a option offense. with a QB that completed 46% of his passes.

Thomas had 46 catches for 1154 yards and 8 TDs with a whopping 25 YPC. his next closest recieving option on GT had 8 catches...yes as in the single digit 8....

realistically he will run his 40 time slower then Gilyard but is more explosive IMO...

i really think Highly of Thomas and think he is definitely worth a 1st round grade.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Gilyard is like a Percy Harvin or DeSean Jackson. He would be an ideal #2. Let Antonio Bryant and Gilyard Start with Ginn, Bess, and Hartline in the fold

BARF
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
imo if mcclain is gone trade down and pick up another draft pick in the 2nd or 3rd

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Thomas has good size, the speed isn't there, he actually reminds me of Dwayne Jarrett

WelcomeBack

Personally, I don't think we draft a receiver in the first 3 rounds if we sign one. We drafted two last year, and still developing Turner. If we get WR, in my opinion, it's either one signed, or one drafted early. With a possibility of signing one and drafting one late, but that puts a ton of receivers on the roster, and usually going into the season with 5, and usually having 4 active each game.

I'm sure from reading your other post that it's assuming trading Ginn and Camarillo, but that's easier said than done.

RealDriscoll
If McClain is gone I take CJ Spiller, Earl Thomas, or Dez Bryant.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Welcome,

The front office has zero faith in Patrick Turner developing into a player

BARF
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
if mcclain is not there i say we trade down so we could get another 2nd or 3rd

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Trading Ginn for a 4th should be pretty simple. He has return ability and speed in the receiving game. Does he know how to use it? No; I could see Cam Cameron convincing Ozzie Newsome to trade a 4th rounder to the Dolphins for him. I am not sure I want to trade Ginn. Camarillo for another 6th would be nice.

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Welcome,

The front office has zero faith in Patrick Turner developing into a player

How do you know that for sure?

Keep in mind, Bryant and Parcells don't exactly have a great past together.

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 01:01 PM
if mcclain is not there i say we trade down so we could get another 2nd or 3rd

I'd be happy trading down a bit, picking up Weatherspoon, and getting an extra draft choice.

BARF
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Trading Ginn for a 4th should be pretty simple. He has return ability and speed in the receiving game. Does he know how to use it? No; I could see Cam Cameron convincing Ozzie Newsome to trade a 4th rounder to the Dolphins for him. I am not sure I want to trade Ginn. Camarillo for another 6th would be nice.

i would rather get rid of ginn before camarillo

ColonelJ
01-12-2010, 01:07 PM

in this year's draft, when you can get a decent receiver in the fourth, I think you absolutely trade Ginn. In addition to Ginn not living up to expectations, I do not think this offense will ever work for him as a player, the town hates him, and he is a sore to the fans in the stands even if he puts up 100 yards per game and a 1 TD. Fans never liked him and never will, and his career is stiffled here. You absolutely do trade him if you can get a fourth this year, for ours and his sake.

BARF
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah i do not want a player who doesn't go 100 percent and goes out of bounds all the time get rid of him, i think bess' teammate will do better

ticophin
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Crap, if it was up to me, I would dump Pat White and Pat Turner.....Tomorrow
Can u imagine? Last Years 2nd and 3rd rounders, down the toilet?
White completely mind boggles me.....In the Senior Bowl and combine (and in the season, he looked amazing). In the Steelers game, he looked senile as a passer, hasnt been able to complete 1 pass (utterly impressive)
Pat Turner has to be HORRID, in order to not even get garbage time
But, It would be even more painfull to see these guys find their game somewhere else, ala Devin Aromoshudu (sp, Colts).....So, I would hang on until camp, and STILL get some more help

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
When did the Phins have garbage time?

ticophin
01-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Correction, youre right.....but NO time, probably means No Good, No Potential, Nothing there....you know what I mean

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Correction, youre right.....but NO time, probably means No Good, No Potential, Nothing there....you know what I mean

Not entirely true. If I remember correctly, it came down to Pat not being too good on Special Teams. What gave Hartline the edge over Turner was how fast Hartline learned, and the fact that he could play all 3 wide receiver positions. Patrick Turner was inactive, so they could keep another player active to help on special teams. Hartline being able to play all positions would be what put him over. Camarillo, Ginn and Bess were just given.

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I love Mardy Gilyard's feistiness but with that skinny frame is he going to get off the press at the next level? I'm watching him on tape and he's not even getting off the press at the college level, what will he do when he's got guys that are bigger, faster and more aggressive than 180 lbs WR convert Terry Hawthorn jamming him?

(this observation will be stolen in 3...2...1...)

Ricky_Fan34
01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I love Mardy Gilyard's feistiness but with that skinny frame is he going to get off the press at the next level? I'm watching him on tape and he's not even getting off the press at the college level, what will he do when he's got guys that are bigger, faster and more aggressive than 180 lbs WR convert Terry Hawthorn jamming him?

What do you think of Spiller?

And also, who would you prefer... McClain or Spikes?

I understand you're a draft expert, so I figured I'd ask you.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2010, 03:39 PM

lets say we go LB in round 1 and you have him Lafell, Gilyard, and Thomas sitting there in the 2nd round, who would you go with?

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
CK the same thing as Percy Harvin does. Nice attempt at a rib. I am actually in Ybor City for the next 2 weeks, that's pretty close to you isn't it?

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I go with Gilyard. He plays with a swagger; Good speed, great hands, productive, got Steve Smith from the Panthers written on him..

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I wish we could trade a 2011 2nd Rounder for Anquan Boldin. Combine that move with a decent free agency and a solid draft and we are right in the mix.

skipp2myloo13
01-12-2010, 04:19 PM
not as much as Tate does

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
I like Tate; I see the Ravens are Cowboys snagging him

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
What do you think of Spiller?

And also, who would you prefer... McClain or Spikes?

I understand you're a draft expert, so I figured I'd ask you.

I think that Spiller is one of the five safest NFL prospects in this draft. He's one of the five that I would have a hard time passing on if they made it to #12.

I think McClain is the better linebacker prospect of the two but I think Spikes' suitability for Miami's system is higher. However, now we have no idea since we have no defensive coordinator. So, for now, McClain is just the safer of the two prospects.

But as far as that goes, Sean Weatherspoon needs to be in that discussion. I once said that A.J. Edds' role and abilities remind me of a less explosive Brian Cushing. Sean Weatherspoon reminds me of a more durable Brian Cushing. And Brian Cushing in case you didn't notice, is awful good.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I was just look at the QB Class for this year and I can't believe how weak it is. Sam Bradford is accurate but he has a relatively weak arm. Jimmy Clausen is probably the best QB in the draft but he had a lot of talent with Michael Floyd, Golden Tate, and Kyle Rudolph. He has a good arm but his decision making is in question. Jevan Snead has talent but his decision making is worst than Ray Lucas'. Tim Tebow will fail as a pro-passer. I like Tony Pike's size but is a little raw. Colt McCoy is accurate but lacks arm strength. My favorite value is Sean Canfield. Weak Class... Next year should be much better

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
lets say we go LB in round 1 and you have him Lafell, Gilyard, and Thomas sitting there in the 2nd round, who would you go with?

I don't know. Probably LaFell. At least I know he has the ability to get open in man coverage, even though his focus and hands are woefully inconsistent.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Cushing is good but he wouldn't have been a good fit for our defense.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Clay Matthews was a guy I didn't want us to draft but he has turned out to be a nice SOLB in Green Bay

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
CK the same thing as Percy Harvin does. Nice attempt at a rib. I am actually in Ybor City for the next 2 weeks, that's pretty close to you isn't it?

A stone's throw. I was just there this last Saturday. Luckily I got out without being stabbed or arrested.

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 04:34 PM
A stone's throw. I was just there this last Saturday. Luckily I got out without being stabbed or arrested.

Sounds like a fun time :lol:

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I wish we could trade a 2011 2nd Rounder for Anquan Boldin. Combine that move with a decent free agency and a solid draft and we are right in the mix.

Not sure I'd go as high as a second for a guy that's had a tough time staying healthy, is bordering on 30 years old, and built his record lately being next to Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston, with Kurt Warner throwing the ball. I'm not trying to take anything away from Boldin but it's risky. Anquan was definitely a stunner early in his career before Larry even got there, but having Fitzgerald opposite you can mask an aging process. I'm not saying that's what is happening, but it is possible, and it makes me not want to risk a high draft pick as well as a bunch of money.

hooshoops
01-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't know. Probably LaFell. At least I know he has the ability to get open in man coverage, even though his focus and hands are woefully inconsistent.

i think if that's the case as of right now at least i use the #43 pick on a different position...

as ck said gilyard needs to get off press for me at the senior bowl and thomas needs to run a solid # before i take him...

lafell i have no interest in...

right now i pass on all 3

if benn or tate are there i'm taking them

ChambersWI
01-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Clay Matthews was a guy I didn't want us to draft but he has turned out to be a nice SOLB in Green Bay

Doesn't hurt having Kevin Greene as your position coach.

hooshoops
01-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Doesn't hurt having Kevin Greene as your position coach.

clay matthews lit the senior bowl and combine on fire...was one of my 5 finalist for #25 last year...

that dude is so quick off the edge and his motor is full bore...

hooshoops
01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
if i can remember correctly i had as my top 5 for #25..

hakeem nick
michael oher
brandon pettigrew
larry english
clay matthews

and i loved lawrence sidbury as a wolb and cb keenan lewis at #56 and #87

ChambersWI
01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
clay matthews lit the senior bowl and combine on fire...was one of my 5 finalist for #25 last year...

that dude is so quick off the edge and his motor is full bore...

Oh I thought Clay would be good, but I didn't think he'd be 10 sacks good and pro bowl good as a rookie. Getting coached up by one of the best 3-4 OLBs of the 90's doesn't hurt.

hakeem nick
michael oher
brandon pettigrew
larry english
clay matthews

and i loved lawrence sidbury as a wolb and cb keenan lewis at #56 and #87

I never expected Vontae to be available when we picked, and actually forgot he was on the board. I liked, and still do like the pick. Though having Nicks would've been nice.

Sidbury kind of struggled this year, and Lewis may get cut next season because he can't play ST.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I had Hakeem nicks as our pick. I didn't think there was a chance in hell Vontae fell to us. I am very happy with the Vontae pick.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I am going to work on a lot for the draft tonight. I got tapes from the Maryland Athletic Depatment so I am going to breakdown Bruce Campbell, Chris Turner, and Terrell Skinner. I will take a break to watch American Idol. Wow that sounded pretty lame.

RealDriscoll
01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
You can't pass on Spiller at #12 IMO. The guy is a game-changer who can play a major role in two aspects of the game. How confident are you guys on Ronnie Brown? On Ricky Williams? I am not in either case. I think we could lang a 2nd Rounder for Ronnie and if so we should make the move.

hooshoops
01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
hmmm...the only time i did see keenan lewis get this year was on specials...he needs to get more physical

sidbury got drafted by a 4-3 team at end but i still think he could play wolb in a 3-4...i liked him a lot in lb drills at the combine...would need to develop more hand usage and pass rush moves but his first step getoff was top notch imo

i did not like the vontae davis pick at the time...i do now...a lot

Nappy Roots
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
You can't pass on Spiller at #12 IMO. The guy is a game-changer who can play a major role in two aspects of the game. How confident are you guys on Ronnie Brown? On Ricky Williams? I am not in either case. I think we could lang a 2nd Rounder for Ronnie and if so we should make the move.

Spiller is going to the Seahawks anyways imo...it wont matter

TedSlimmJr
01-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I was just look at the QB Class for this year and I can't believe how weak it is. Sam Bradford is accurate but he has a relatively weak arm. Jimmy Clausen is probably the best QB in the draft but he had a lot of talent with Michael Floyd, Golden Tate, and Kyle Rudolph. He has a good arm but his decision making is in question. Jevan Snead has talent but his decision making is worst than Ray Lucas'. Tim Tebow will fail as a pro-passer. I like Tony Pike's size but is a little raw. Colt McCoy is accurate but lacks arm strength. My favorite value is Sean Canfield. Weak Class... Next year should be much better

I've got two words for you...

Levi Brown....he's just about surpassed Tim Hiller as my personal favorite as an underrated senior QB prospect....

He's built a lot like Eli Manning IMO....big (6-4, 225)....and has similar throwing mechanics, delivery, footwork, etc....delivery is just a tad low right now but it's not that big of a deal and he can get away with to an extent being as tall as he is....won't take much to get it up just a touch...

Strong arm and steps into his throws....puts good RPM's on the football and has exceptional touch on delicate passes for a college QB from a smaller school...

A lot of upside as an NFL quarterback IMO....underrated player IMO...

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Levi Brown used to have a much worse delivery.

ChadHenne
01-12-2010, 10:49 PM

If McClain and Bryant are both on the board, I think it is the easiest decision in the world to pass on Spiller.

RobertHorry
01-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Stay away from Thomas.

Sleeper WR pick is Dez Brisco or Jeff Moturi out of UTEP.

We could always go with Carlos Singleton, the 6 foot 8 wideout from Memphis for joy.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/Carlos2BSingleton-1.bmp

ColonelJ
01-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Question for RealDriscoll about two players in late late rounds possibly.

ILB/OLB Sam Maxwell, UK ; Good size for ILB or OLB, has nice stats, seems instincitve with a lot of ints, anchored UKs defense. http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=178755

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

ILB Patrick Lavine OkSU, another instinctive player and good tacker with nice ILB size and potential to put 10 more pounds http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188966

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/3897598540_4ce41b7853-1.jpg

RealDriscoll
01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Maxwell is a very good player but missed the bowl game due to an injury. Let me see his status and I'll get on this

RockyMtnPhinfan
01-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Mods if you want to sticky this thread that could be a good idea. Thanks!

Morgan Burnett, Carlos Dunlap, and Maurkice Pouncey all announce they will enter the draft. Mike Pouncey announced he will return for his Senior season.

Het Real, love reading your analysis. This time of year always makes me wish i watched more college ball.
Where do you think Norwood of the cocks will land (round) and do you think he projects as a ILB or OLB. I know he is only 6'1" and around 250 which is a bit smallish for our coaches for an OLB. That gamecocks are one of the only teams i watched, and not much at that, but this guy seemed to be a playmaker in the SEC.

RealDriscoll
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Maxwell is a play-maker with good ball skills for a Inside Linebacker. In 2009 he picked off 6 passes. He didn't make an impact until his Senior season accounting for 81 tackles, 6 interceptions, and 1 TD. I was excited to see him play in the Gaylords Hotels Music City Bowl against Clemson but was inactive. The injury is a torn labrum. I like his size (6"3, 250 lbs) in our system. Could be around in Round 7.

RealDriscoll
01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Norwood will go in the late Round 2-Early Round-3 range. Great pass rush ability, needs to get better against the run. He is a great athlete and for some reason I see the Raiders making a play for him..They have been known to reach for players

ColonelJ
01-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Maxwell is a play-maker with good ball skills for a Inside Linebacker. In 2009 he picked off 6 passes. He didn't make an impact until his Senior season accounting for 81 tackles, 6 interceptions, and 1 TD. I was excited to see him play in the Gaylords Hotels Music City Bowl against Clemson but was inactive. The injury is a torn labrum. I like his size (6"3, 250 lbs) in our system. Could be around in Round 7.

Walter has Maxwell at #12 and Lavine at #17 at OLB. http://walterfootball.com/draft2010OLB.php
They both smart, instinctive players, with nice height and adequate speed. And they played against tough competition in SEC and BIG 12 respectively. I think we need guys like that at ILB, and they would fit the ILB profile.

RobertHorry
01-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Maxwell is slow at reading counter plays and misdirections.

ColonelJ
01-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Maxwell is slow at reading counter plays and misdirections.

So are Weatherspoon, Spikes, and McClain. So are Woodley, Timmons, and Harrison. Hartline ran right by them. Navy killed Weatherspoon.

RealDriscoll
01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Yesterday Greg Jones of Michigan State, Von Miller of Texas A&M, Greg Romeus of Pittsburgh, and DJ Williams of Arkansas all announced they would return to school for their Senior season...

RealDriscoll
01-14-2010, 10:50 AM
I have seen some people say they would pass on CJ Spiller due to his size. This is crazy talk as Cpiller has a very physical built and in fact hasn't missed a game due to injury in his four year career at Clemson

RealDriscoll
01-14-2010, 10:54 AM
My stance is that locking up Al Groh as our defensive coordinator could give us good insight on players he coached against in the ACC such as Derrick Morgan and CJ Spiller. Groh could tell Ireland that Spiller was the best player he coached against during his tenure at Virginia. This move could work in our favor

Nappy Roots
01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
My stance is that locking up Al Groh as our defensive coordinator could give us good insight on players he coached against in the ACC such as Derrick Morgan and CJ Spiller. Groh could tell Ireland that Spiller was the best player he coached against during his tenure at Virginia. This move could work in our favor

yea but most likely those 2 wont be there anyways. and hiring a DC based on that isnt not the best thing to do, we have scouts for that..i wish wish wish Morgan would drop to us, cuz hes my 2nd favorite player in this draft.

RealDriscoll
01-14-2010, 03:36 PM
It's too early to tell Nappy. I do know we have the 12th pick in this draft and the best players are Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Sam Bradford, Russell Okung, Eric Berry, Jimmy Clausen, Derrick Morgan, Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, Earl Thomas, Rolando McClain, and Joe Haden. One of those twelve will be there and if someone like Taylor Mays, Trent Williams, Tim Tebow, or Bruce Campbell can move themselves ahead of us than we will be sitting pretty.

bert
01-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Norwood will go in the late Round 2-Early Round-3 range. Great pass rush ability, needs to get better against the run. He is a great athlete and for some reason I see the Raiders making a play for him..They have been known to reach for players
hey real would norwood be a steal for us in the 3rd for the inside lb spot or would the height scare us off .plus are his tackling problems from shedding o-lineman,or does he just not wrap up?we need guys who can tackle lol.thanks bert.----------real i have one more question.who would be the best olb to fall for us in the 2nd if he was there?thanks again bert.

RealDriscoll
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Rob Gronkowski, Tight End out of Arizona, declares for the NFL Draft. Like this kid a lot

al711
01-15-2010, 12:29 PM
What do you guys think about Javier Arenas?

He could solve our return problems,both kick-off and punt,as well as give our d-backs added depth...

hooshoops
01-15-2010, 12:34 PM
i like arenas as a mid round value but i don't think he fits the height that this regime seems to prefer in cbs...

tough physical willing player and dynamite return guy...just a little short

that and i question how good of a press man corner he is...

al711
01-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Yah I agree, but Javier is a baller, all this guy does is make plays, and that is what we need...he has the speed to man up, don't know about his coverage skills,didn't seem to be getting beat much to me, a late round pick would be well worth it...

TedSlimmJr
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
What do you guys think about Javier Arenas?

He could solve our return problems,both kick-off and punt,as well as give our d-backs added depth...

I've been saying this for a while now....Arenas is the BEST...most FEARLESS....PHYSICAL...punt returner I've ever seen....seriously...

And I've seen Tim Brown...Desmond Howard...Charles Woodson....you name it...

I cant ever remember seeing a guy get absolutely blown up by a gunner running full speed arriving at the instant the football arrives as much as Arenas has...only to see Arenas field the punt...shake the gunner off to the ground...find a crease and explode through it....

It's one of the most amazing things I've seen in years and years of watching college football....his sheer concentration and fearlessness is impenetrable....not to mention he's bull strong and built like a fire hydrant...

Pound for pound the strongest player on Bama's defense...and that's saying something....also the best blitzing DB in the draft IMO and the best tackling cornerback....

However, he's obviously a little shorter than you would like and his hips are a little stiff and he doesn't change directions well....his recovery speed isn't great and he's not fast....I think he's much better in zone coverage than in man coverage...I think he can be beaten deep in the NFL...

Probably more of an ideal fit in a Cover-2 scheme where he can enforce what he's best at....zone coverage and reading the quarterback....imposing his will on the perimeter in the run game....spectacular tackler....

I think he may slide a little on draft day....I think 3rd/4th round is about right for him...

ZachThomas76
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Driscoll, in regard to that mock you put up, 2 of the Seahawk picks surprised me. Mays at 5? I know Carroll is in Seattle now, but I hope for their sake they dont do that. Joe McKnight in the 2nd? Why would they draft an oft injured back who will proably be nothing more than a change of pace guy in the NFL?

They have Justin Forsett, who put up some nice numbers when thrust into a starting role, but hes better suited to about 10-15 touches a game. They need a legit #1 back. I saw someone mention Spiller to them. Id be surprised, assuming Forsett is back, that gives them 2 smallish guys, although Forsett clearly isnt as explosive. The Hawks could do just about anything. Walter Jones is done, they need a qb, need a wr, need a back, need a safety.

RealDriscoll
01-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Taylor Mays at #6 to a guy who coahed him all four years doesn't baffle me. While I have Mays as overrated, there are many who think he is a top 10 player in this draft. He needs better ball-skills and ball-recognition but his physical attributes are off the charts.

Justin Forsett played okay down the stretch but battles the injury bug and I am not convinced that he or julius Jones solves their running woes. I could even see them snagging CJ Spiller at #6.

RealDriscoll
01-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Spiller really isn't as small as people think. He is 5"11, around the 200 lb mark. The dude is tough as nails too

RealDriscoll
01-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Seattle also has major needs at Corner; Don't be surprised to see Joe Haden in their talks.

Pat-London
01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Would absolutely love Arenas. Tough physical return man and real good instinctive agressive skills at CB, would be a nice addition to a young secondary and would instantly put our return game in the top third of the league.

I have a feeling because of his return skills he may go higher than he should.

skipp2myloo13
01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Driscoll when should we expect another mock from you?

showstopper
01-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Spiller will be 210lbs. at the combine in 6 weeks!

RealDriscoll
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Skip,

Now that the decleration days has passed. I am gathering all the players who have officially declared and making my power rankings. Those I will post Monday Morning; I am aiming for next Friday to have my Full 7 Round Mock Draft (Pre-Combine); I will do another after the combine and than one final one before the draft

RealDriscoll
01-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Rob Gronkowski is a guy I could really like in Round 2; Injury History moves him down our board

CAPT.245
01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
:woot:I dont us picking a WR till maybe 3rd around, I think we need someone with lil or alot of exprince to make big plays plus lead or youngsters....

showstopper
01-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Real, looking forward to your rankings and mock, should be interesting and insightful.

RealDriscoll
01-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Last night I went to my DVR and watched 3 games from the last NCAA season to watch Earl Thomas, CJ Spiller, and Rolando McClain. Throw in Dez Bryant and ideally we all would want one of these to fall to us at #12 and one of them will. I love all four players to the core but if CJ Spiller falls to us he HAS to be ur pick. Watch the ACC Titl game against Georgia Tech and his perfromance is absolutly breath-taking.

RealDriscoll
01-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Anyone interested in having a weekly Draft Chat? Maybe the Mods can create a chat room or a special thread for it. Tuesdays and Thursdays work for me? Anyone interested

MrEd
01-18-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't see MIA taking another Wildcat player, which is probably what Spiller would be in our bruiser system. With Ronnie Brown as the between the tackles bruiser, Ricky will be the Wildcat for one more year, and probably keep 4 RBs since we would need Ricky's replacement for the following year, which I would think would be Hilliard and Sheets and drop Cobbs.

But even if Williams went down, I could see MIA using Pat White as the Wildcat in motion while ROnnie takes the snap as the Wildcat guy basically runs in motion to either take the handoff at fullspeed (which Pat White looks the part of) or is a decoy and can become an option to pitch to for a pass, which Pat White looks the part of, or decoy WR that can step back and take a pitch for the pass (as Pennington did to Cobbs last year, which White looks the part of).

So I just don't see the place for Spiller, especially at the cost of a more dire hole to fill like ILB, OLB, NT, TE, FS, WR.

RealDriscoll
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
This Thursday at 7:30 PM Eastern Time I will open a thread called Draft Discussion 1; I hope all of you can attend. Who is down?

RealDriscoll
01-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Spiller is much more than just a Wild-Cat player he might be the best running back I have ever scouted with the exception of Adrian Peterson or LaDanian Tomlinson

SRM
01-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Does anyone have a vid of Sean Weatherspoon I can watch? I've only found one of his highlights that's about 2 mins long.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

showstopper
01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Thursday 7:30 is very cool!

RealDriscoll
01-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Good I'll set it up. I really like this Mike Nolan move

ColonelJ
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
OK. Several questions:

1. Does Bell have 3rd round value?
2. Does Fasano have 3-4th round value?

a. What is the likelihood ILB Daryl Washington being at #43?
b. What is the likelihood of OG Brandon Carter being at 74?
c. Likelihood of OLB Sam Maxwell and ILB Phillip Dillard being in 4th?

Targeting:
1. OLB Brandon Graham
2. ILB Daryl Washington
3. OG Brandon Carter
3. ILB Phillip Dillard
4. OLB Sam Maxwell
4. One of UM's TEs

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Thread started in the Draft Forum for a draft chat tonight

fattness
01-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Spiller is much more than just a Wild-Cat player he might be the best running back I have ever scouted with the exception of Adrian Peterson or LaDanian Tomlinson
He is a bad man.... if we have the opportunity we will have to pull the trigger.

bert
01-27-2010, 11:45 PM
He is a bad man.... if we have the opportunity we will have to pull the trigger.
he is going to be there.along with a couple of other guys everybody wants.it's going to make a great debate for years to come.

RealDriscoll
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I love Spiller.

Prime Time Ron
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
spiller is good. i wouldnt take him that high though

RealDriscoll
01-28-2010, 12:18 PM
How do you know Riley cooper's sexual preference? Also, what does it matter regarding his football abilitites? Cooper is a good player and I am sure rooming with Tebow that they got their fair share of ladies.

RealDriscoll
01-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Why wouldn't you take Spiller at #12. So far you don't like Earl Thomas, CJ Spiller, and Jimmy Graham so let me ask you a question. Who do you like? I absolutly love Spiller and Thomas. Graham is a great prospect in Round 4;

SRM
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
" Senior Bowl, Tuesday: Another player making a change in position this week is Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon. There's no questioning his production, and he could have the size to play inside at 6-1, 241, if he can stay at that weight during the season. He slid through trash to make plays in the run game Tuesday, and made life tough on running backs running routes in his area by pounding them within the five-yard window. - Rob Rang and Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com "

I'm wanting us to draft this guy more and more.

defiant
01-30-2010, 07:36 AM
There is a notion going around that Brandon Spikes could fall out of the 1st round all together because he is considered "slow". If this guy falls to Round 2 we should take him even if we took McClain in Round 1.

oh my god that would be so sexy

DaytonaDolFan13
02-07-2010, 04:00 PM
who's pick is it?

MrEd
02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
How do you know Riley cooper's sexual preference? Also, what does it matter regarding his football abilitites? Cooper is a good player and I am sure rooming with Tebow that they got their fair share of ladies.

that doesn't help your case since Tebow is a virgin. However, Tebow is a born again Christian, so that could be a sign that Cooper wasn't up to any of those shanagans...:pray:

ColonelJ
02-11-2010, 12:24 PM
A safety I am intrigued by is Jonathon Amaya of Nevada. I watched a few Nevada games and he was rarely targeted. The ball went away from him. He played SS mostly. Reminds me of Bell. A real good tackler and will run down people from the opposite side of the field.

SRM
02-13-2010, 02:56 AM

Well, it matters a lot, actually. We may have a receiver that would actually be looking for contact :lol:

HurriPhin
02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
that doesn't help your case since Tebow is a virgin. However, Tebow is a born again Christian, so that could be a sign that Cooper wasn't up to any of those shanagans...:pray:

Nope, Coops a class A d-bag. Even though he roomed with Tebow, Riley certainty got into his fair share of shenanigans, but a ladies man none-the-less.

RealDriscoll
02-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Pre-Combine Top 5 by Position

QB
1. Jimmy Clausen-Notre Dame
2. Sam Bradford-Oklahoma
3. Tony Pike-Cincinnati
4. Jevan Snead-Mississippi
5. Tim Tebow-Florida

RB
1, CJ Spiller-Clemson
2. Jahvid Best-RB-California
3. Ryan Matthews-Fresno State
4. Jonathan Dwyer-Georgia Tech
5. Joe McKnight-USC

TE:
1. Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma
2. Rob Gronkowski-Arizona
3. Aaron Hernandez-Florida
4. Ed Dickson-Oregon
5. Jimmy Graham-Miami

WR:
1. Dez Bryant-Oklahoma State
2. Arrelious Benn-Illinois
3. Golden Tate-Notre Dame
4. Mardy Gilyard-Cincinnati
5. Demaryius Thomas-Georgia Tech

OC:
1. Maurkice Pouncey-Florida
2. Matt Tennant-Boston College
3. JD Walton-Baylor
4. John Estest-Hawaii
5. Ted Larsen-NC State

OG:
1. Mike Iupati-Idaho
2. Jon Asomoah-Illinois
3. Mike Johnson-Alabama
4. John Jerry-Mississippi
5. Sergio Render-Virginia Tech

OT:
1. Russell Okung-Oklahoma State
2. Anthony Davis-Rutgers
3. Bryan Bulaga-Iowa
4. Bruce Campbell-Maryland
5. Trent Williams-Oklahoma

DT
1. Ndamukong Suh-Nebraska
2. Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma
3. Dan Williams-Tennessee
4. Jared Odrick-Penn State
5. Terrence Cody-Alabama

DE (4-3)
1. Everson Griffen-USC
2. Carlos Dunlap-Florida
3. Greg Hardy-Mississippi
4. Corey Wootton-Northwestern
5. George Selvie-South Florida

Outside Linebacker (3-4)
1. Jason Paul Pierre-South Florida
2. Sergio Kindle-Texas
3. Brandon Graham-Michigan
4. Jerry Hughes-TCU
5. Eric Norwood-South Carolina

OLB (4-3)
1. Sean Weatherspoon-MIssouri
2. Daryl Washington-TCU
3. AJ Edds-Iowa
4. Roddrick Muckelroy-Texas
5. Perry Riley-LSU

ILB:
1. Rolando McClain-Alabama
2. Brandon Spikes-Florida
3. Daryl Sharpton-Miami Fl
4. Micah Johnson-Kentucky
5. Sean Lee-Penn State

FS:
1. Earl Thomas-Texas
2. Eric Berry-Tennessee
3. Nate Allen-South Florida
4. Chad Jones--LSU
5. Terrell Skinner-Maryland

SS:
1. Taylor Mays-USC
2. Myron Rolle-Florida State
3. Reshad Jones-Georgia
4. Kurt Coleman-Ohio State
5. Harry Coleman-LSU

CB
1. Joe Haden-Florida
2. Devin McCourty-Rutgers
3. Kyle Wilson-Boise State
4. Patrick Robinson-Florida State
5. Perrish Cox-Oklahoma State

HurriPhin
02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Pre-Combine Top 5 by Position

QB
1. Jimmy Clausen-Notre Dame
2. Sam Bradford-Oklahoma
3. Tony Pike-Cincinnati
4. Jevan Snead-Mississippi
5. Tim Tebow-Florida

Outside Linebacker (3-4)
1. Jason Paul Pierre-South Florida
2. Sergio Kindle-Texas
3. Brandon Graham-Michigan
4. Jerry Hughes-TCU
5. Eric Norwood-South Carolina

FS:
1. Earl Thomas-Texas
2. Eric Berry-Tennessee
3. Nate Allen-South Florida
4. Chad Jones--LSU
5. Terrell Skinner-Maryland

I think Bradford's accuracy raises him above any QB in this class and would have to rank him number 1 for that alone.

Paul Pierre's athleticism and upside is certainly a plus but I just don't see how you could place a player who only has one year at the major college level with average production as the best at the OLB position.

Eric Berry is the best FS, period. Quite possibly the best player in the draft IMO.

twix2500
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Have a strange feeling, that our draft is going to be Dez Bryant, Cam Thomas, Ricky Sapp and McCluster. We are going to sign Dansby to be our inside backer

ChadHenne
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
I've gotta say Graham is currently my favorite OLB, Berry FS, Bradford QB, Spiller at RB (although I see a bunch of mediocre and compliment backs in this draft), Cody at NT, Gresham at TE, McClain at ILB, Hadan at CB, I also think Major Wright could be one hell of a SS in the NFL (even though he played FS at Florida).

ColonelJ
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
DRAFT:
1. WR Rejus Benn
2. WR Jordan Shipley
3. RB Joe McKnight/Ben Tate
4. LB Jamar Chenney/DT Jeff Owens/Linval Joseph
6. CB Roderick Rollins
6. S Marcellus Bowman/Kurt Coleman/ Anderson Russell
6. LB Mike Mclaughlin
7. LB Antonio Coleman
7. LB Cameron Sheffield

Dan The Fin Fan
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Jason Ferguson is facing a possible 8 game suspension for violating the league performing enhancement drug policy for the 2nd time in his career.

Ferguson was contimplating retirement if we didn't sign him for next season... who knows what we'll do now that he may be suspended for the first half of the season. Maybe we bring him back after his suspension... but either way, we need a NT now, more than ever.

This just backs-up what I have been saying, Miami needs to draft DT Dan Williams and another DT somewhere in the draft. Maybe the 4th round could be a good place to start for the other DT. But I do like DT Cam Thomas.

I love that Bill and Tony went out in FA's to get ILB/OLB Dansby, this gives Miami some Opp. in the draft. And Miami still can pick up another pick for QB Chad Pennington, by a trade deal now that he has sign with Miami. I do here alot of talks are on going with Ariz. Washington and the Rams (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/STL) for a 3rd round pick this year, but also with Seattle, San Fran., Jets (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NYJ), for a 4th round pick. This to me is also a big surprise, but I also here that the Eagle's are also talking with Miami. So I think that Panthers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CAR) will get QB M.Vick, and the Ram will get QB McNabb if this happens.

1st Round Pick.

Safety Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010eberry.php)
Height: 6-0. Weight: 211.
Projected 40 Time: 4.36.
Combine 40 Time: 4.40.
Benchx225: 19. Vertical: 43.
Projected Round (2010): Top 7 Pick.
One of the best safety prospects to come along in a very long time. Eric Berry, a first-team All-American, had 72 tackles, 8.5 TFL, six passes broken up, three sacks and a whopping seven interceptions (two for touchdowns) as a mere sophomore. Safeties seldom go in the top five, but Berry could be an exception.

DE/OLB Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010jpierrepaul.php)
Height: 6-5. Weight: 270.
Projected 40 Time: 4.76.
Combine 40 Time: 4.64.
Benchx225: 19. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2010): Top 10 Pick.
There's not that much tape on Jason Pierre-Paul, so the Combine was his time to shine. Pierre-Paul ran a breath-taking 4.64 at 6-5 270. If Al Davis needed a defensive end, Pierre-Paul would be the No. 8 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Instead, he's likely to land in Jacksonville.

I hope one of the two players above will drop to Miami's 12th pick, we all know about S Eric Berry and his talent, but for him to drop to us at the 12th pick would be a dream. I like the speed and play ability of OLB Jason Pierre-Paul, I am saying OLB, because he will most likely play at that position in the NFL with his size and speed.

If not there, then I hope Miami goes after one of these to players.

DT Dan Williams, Tennessee - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010danwilliams.php)
Height: 6-2. Weight: 327.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Combine 40 Time: 5.17.
Benchx225: 27. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2009): Top 20 Pick.
Dominant at the line of scrimmage this season, Dan Williams has 56 tackles, 8.5 TFL and two sacks in 11 games. With more teams switching to the 3-4, nose tackles are in high demand, so Williams could sneak into the first round.

Safety Earl Thomas, FS, Texas - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010ethomas.php)
Height: 5-10. Weight: 208.
Projected 40 Time: 4.41.
Combine 40 Time: 4.44.
Benchx225: 21. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2009): Top 20 Pick.
Despite being just a redshirt freshman, Earl Thomas was an All-Big XII honorable mention. He broke up 11 passes, and also collected 70 tackles, three TFL and two picks.

2nd Round Pick.

If Miami don't draft a NT with the first pick.

Cam Thomas, North Carolina
Height: 6-4. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.14.
Combine 40 Time: 5.27.
Benchx225: 31. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

If Miami did not draft a Safety with the first pick.

FS/CB Chris Cook, Virginia
Height: 6-2. Weight: 212.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Combine 40 Time: 4.43.
Benchx225: 7. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2010): 2.

FS Nate Allen, South Florida - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010nallen.php)
Height: 6-0. Weight: 207.
Projected 40 Time: 4.47.
Combine 40 Time: .
Benchx225: 16. Vertical: .

Another Opp. a value pick.

OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010skindle.php)
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Combine 40 Time: 4.65.
Benchx225: 25. Vertical: 36.5.
Projected Round (2010): 1-2.
CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers
Height: 5-11. Weight: 193.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Combine 40 Time: 4.34.
Benchx225: 16. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2010): 1-2. (With most Team's in the NFL going to the spread Offense, Miami will need three good CB's that can cover.)

OLB Ricky Sapp, Clemson
Height: 6-4. Weight: 252.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Combine 40 Time: 4.61.
Benchx225: 23. Vertical: .

3rd Round Pick.

OLB Koa Misi, Utah
Height: 6-3. Weight: 251.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
Combine 40 Time: 4.69.
Benchx225: . Vertical: 38.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010bspikes.php)
Height: 6-3. Weight: 249.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
Combine 40 Time: .
Benchx225: 27. Vertical: 36.5.
Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

ILB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Combine 40 Time: 4.51.
Benchx225: 26. Vertical: 39.

RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford - Scouting Report (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/post-message/20350154/scoutingreport2010tgerhart.php)
Height: 6-0. Weight: 231.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Combine 40 Time: 4.53.
Benchx225: 22. Vertical: 38. Broad: 9-10.
3/1/10: Most expected Toby Gerhart to fail in the 40, but Gerhart surprised everyone by running a solid 4.53. He also had a 38-inch vertical.

WR Carlton Mitchell, South Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Combine 40 Time: 4.49.
Vertical: . Broad: 10-2.

FS/SS Darrell Stuckey, Kansas
Height: 5-11. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Combine 40 Time: 4.49.
Benchx225: 17. Vertical: 39.5.

4th Round Pick.

NT Linval Joseph, East Carolina
Height: 6-4. Weight: 328.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Combine 40 Time: 5.09.
Benchx225: 39. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2009): 3-4.

NT Torrell Troup, Central Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 5.34.
Combine 40 Time: 5.10.
Benchx225: 34. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.

ILB Sean Lee, Penn State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Combine 40 Time: 4.72.
Benchx225: 24. Vertical: .

WR Riley Cooper, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 222.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Combine 40 Time: 4.52.
Vertical: . Broad: .

WR Marcus Easley, Connecticut
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Combine 40 Time: 4.46.
Vertical: . Broad: 10-3.
Projected Round (2010): Was 4-5, now after the Combine I tink he is a 3-4 round pick.

I think with the three 6th round pick, and the two 7th round picks, Miami could go after a TE, a WR's and some Offense line.

normaniii
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
2 players I would like to know about, who I believe to be sleepers:-

1 - Eric Decker WR - with what I have read sounds ideal for BP.

2 - Cody Grimm SS - Russ Grimm son who was excellent in college at LB but is only 5-11 200lbs.

J Tes
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Surprised no one has come up for either of the QB's

CANDolphan
04-18-2011, 01:55 AM
It's so funny reading this using hindsight. Jonathan Dwyer as the 2nd best RB in the draft, while one guy was absolutely dead on about him