PDA

View Full Version : dez bryant unlikely for dolphins. report

Daytona Fin
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
inexperience and his agent are nonos for the dolphins. thank god. im glad we can concentrate on a defensive player now.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/01/dez-bryant-to-dolphins-bwaaahhaaahhaaa.html

ColonelJ
01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
In other news: After one year hiatus at Redskins and dancing with the stars, Jason Taylor rejins the Dolphins.

Daytona Fin
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
?????????

Drubatuba
01-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Thank God!

DcRy82
01-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Someone reported it, so that must mean that it's true and Dez Bryant is off our list of potential people we're drafting. thanks for narrowing it down for all of us.. Man, how'd they get all this information 4 months before the draft, before the combine, before the pro days??? Now that's impressive.. someone give this reporter a promotion... Maybe he can tell us what day exactly in 2012 that the world is coming to an end..

Breed
01-12-2010, 11:15 AM
inexperience and his agent are nonos for the dolphins. thank god. im glad we can concentrate on a defensive player now.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/01/dez-bryant-to-dolphins-bwaaahhaaahhaaa.html

Parcells/Ireland spent a 2nd round pick on a gimmick QB, what makes you think they would pass up on a talent like Bryant (or Spiller for that matter) if he's the BPA?

Nappy Roots
01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Armando is an idiot. pure speculation that Bryant will have a similar hold out as Crabtree because of the agent...

Daytona Fin
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Parcells/Ireland spent a 2nd round pick on a gimmick QB, what makes you think they would pass up on a talent like Bryant (or Spiller for that matter) if he's the BPA?

hopefully they have learned from that mistake and wont do it again.

Daytona Fin
01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Armando is an idiot. pure speculation that Bryant will have a similar hold out as Crabtree because of the agent...

or the fact hes only played in 28 games

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Dez Bryant is a playmaker, plain and simple. I'm not going to cry if the Dolphins select him or C.J. Spiller. Each can help the offense in their own right.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
or the fact hes only played in 28 games

did you forget last years draft?

Vonte Davis played only 36 games and Sean Smith less then that at CB.

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 12:40 PM
did you forget last years draft?

Vonte Davis played only 36 games and Sean Smith less then that at CB.

As much as I hate them, the Jets took Mark Sanchez who only had 16 starts in his college career and now they are sitting in the playoffs.

RockyMtnPhinfan
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM

Well i think you just answered your own question. Understand?

Breed
01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Well i think you just answered your own question. Understand?

The idea behind drafting White was to make our offense more dynamic, specifically in the "wildcat" formation. So I don't see why Parcells/Ireland wouldn't pick Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller, if they felt one of those players would dramatically improve the offense.

ticophin
01-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Mark Sanchez is the last reason the Jets are in the playoffs...
Superb Defensive play and a destructive running game are more like it...

skipp2myloo13
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Well put it in the books, idiots. We would be lucky if Dez fell to us. The only reason we are not taking Dez is if he doesn't fall or if McClain does.

Daytona Fin
01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
and because we are getting our #1 wr through FA.

skipp2myloo13
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
and because we are getting our #1 wr through FA.

Your ignorance is amusing, which number 1 would you be referencing?

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 04:46 PM
I think it's valid speculation based on the Parcells thing.

But it was also valid speculation, based on history, that Bill Parcells would not sign off on taking a CB in the first round.

Oops.

And it was also valid speculation, based on history, that Bill Parcells would not sign off on taking an OT at the very top of the draft.

Double oops.

One thing about Dez Bryant's attitude. The NCAA may have ended up having an issue with him, but I don't think he ever had issues with his own team or coach. You can check me on that and I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong, but he never had problems with Gundy or Oklahoma State. The reason I point that out as something to note is, Gundy is not the type of coach that will hold back on a player. He is a LOT like Tony Sparano. Fiercely protective of his players where it concerns the media, but as Jeff Ireland very recently said about Tony "Don't walk in that door unless you want to hear the truth."

I point that out because it means that Dez would walk in the door already with an idea of what life will be like under this regime, and a record of having kept his nose clean from a TEAM standpoint...operating within that environment.

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM

But it was also valid speculation, based on history, that Bill Parcells would not sign off on taking a CB in the first round.

Oops.

And it was also valid speculation, based on history, that Bill Parcells would not sign off on taking an OT at the very top of the draft.

Double oops.

One thing about Dez Bryant's attitude. The NCAA may have ended up having an issue with him, but I don't think he ever had issues with his own team or coach. You can check me on that and I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong, but he never had problems with Gundy or Oklahoma State. The reason I point that out as something to note is, Gundy is not the type of coach that will hold back on a player. He is a LOT like Tony Sparano. Fiercely protective of his players where it concerns the media, but as Jeff Ireland very recently said about Tony "Don't walk in that door unless you want to hear the truth."

I point that out because it means that Dez would walk in the door already with an idea of what life will be like under this regime, and a record of having kept his nose clean from a TEAM standpoint...operating within that environment.

The only thing I can find on Dez Bryant off the field "issues" was the lying to the NCAA thing about his visit with Sanders.

ckparrothead
01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm not even going to speculate as to what the real story is on that whole thing I'll just assume that Dez did a lot wrong.

WelcomeBack
01-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm not even going to speculate as to what the real story is on that whole thing I'll just assume that Dez did a lot wrong.

I'm just stating I've never read or heard anything along the lines of Bryant arguing with a coach or doing something like drunk driving or along those lines.

hooshoops
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
that's just armando trying to stir stuff up imo...as usual

i've seen nothing on dez bryant that would warrant taking him off our board character wise...

Roman529
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Someone is going to really want Dez Bryant....I think we should consider moving down a few spots and pick up Golden Tate and maybe get an extra pick later in the draft. I think Tate has the best hands and is the toughest receiver in the draft...something we could really use. But I also would be ok with drafting Bryant as we need a #1 WR.....you never know if Parcells might go after Miles Austin or someone else in free agency?

Dolphins11
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Thank God!

I agree, wouldn't like that pick one bit. We have to go NT or OLB(rushing) in the first. Down the stretch and early in the season teams scored at will against us.

RockyMtnPhinfan
01-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Your ignorance is amusing, which number 1 would you be referencing?

And should we all feel graced by your overwhelming intelligence?
Look man calling people names won't get them to agree with you or amuse any of the other posters out there. Condescending greatness is just awesome to behold here at Finheaven.
"Idiots"? Did you really just talk to your fellow fans that way?
You do realize you have two homoerotic looking sailor boys in your sig right? wow

j-off-her-doll
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Yeah, Armando had us taking V. Davis last year, right? Armando should go swimming with weighted shoes.

j-off-her-doll
01-12-2010, 08:37 PM
If D. Bryant is available at #12, there's almost ZERO chance that he won't be BPA.

CharlieTheTuna
01-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Someone reported it, so that must mean that it's true and Dez Bryant is off our list of potential people we're drafting. thanks for narrowing it down for all of us.. Man, how'd they get all this information 4 months before the draft, before the combine, before the pro days??? Now that's impressive.. someone give this reporter a promotion... Maybe he can tell us what day exactly in 2012 that the world is coming to an end..
December 21, 2010. The Mayan calendar doesn't just predict the year, it predicts the day.

Fresh
01-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Armando is an idiot and one of the worse reporters in South Florida. I'd love to have the opportunity to punch him in the face.

Back on topic, though, research and you'll see that it was more so Crabtree than his agent who caused the hold out.

Dajesus
01-18-2010, 03:23 AM
It boggles my mind how some Dolphans are so locked on Dez. You can never say never, but man it is unlikely he will becomes a Dolphin. Parcels wins championships with defense, and ball control. We had a miserable defense last year, the 7th worst in the NFL when it comes to points. We do not have an LB on the roster who can cover. Both of our starting OLBs are old and fading. Our safeties gave up more big plays than we have bad pop stars as minority owners. Our NT is very old and finished the season on the IR. So unless we sign every good defensive FA you have to assume defense is where Bill will go at 12.

If he does sign a bunch of great D FAs WR is still an unlikely pick for Bill. He has picked one in the first round in his entire career. More than likely that is because 1st round WR seem to be the biggest gamble in the entire draft. Even when the turn out good it is a 2-3 year project before you normally see the return.

Then of course we have to look at Dez. He played zero games last season because he cheated, and just signed the one agent no GM wants to deal with. Parcels will gamble on troubled talent in FA when the cost is the NFL minimum salary. He does not take troubled guys in the first round. Then throw in the fact if Dez performs in the combine and pro days well enough to convince Bill he is worth the risk he will not make it to 12.

To those that have their Dez jersey picked out, you need to start getting aquainted with LBs in the draft, or if you still want to dream for an offensive play maker check out Spiller.

Geforce
01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Then of course we have to look at Dez. He played zero games last season because he cheated, and just signed the one agent no GM wants to deal with. Parcels will gamble on troubled talent in FA when the cost is the NFL minimum salary. He does not take troubled guys in the first round. Then throw in the fact if Dez performs in the combine and pro days well enough to convince Bill he is worth the risk he will not make it to 12.

To those that have their Dez jersey picked out, you need to start getting aquainted with LBs in the draft, or if you still want to dream for an offensive play maker check out Spiller.
This is incorrect. Bryant played in THREE games (17 receptions, 323 yards and four touchdowns) last season before he was suspended for lying to NFL Investigators about his meeting(s) with Deion Sanders.

hooshoops
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
This is incorrect. Bryant played in THREE games (17 receptions, 323 yards and four touchdowns) last season before he was suspended for lying to NFL Investigators about his meeting(s) with Deion Sanders.

yeah and the game tape i saw of bryant in 09 for the games he did play in was outstanding...

if the 08 tape wasn't enough for some people...

easily top 10 player in this draft imo...

MiamiDolfan85
01-18-2010, 02:48 PM

I couldda told you that.....all Dez Bryant bandwagoners,get rid of any potential weapons that can inflict harm in any way now.....

jim1
01-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I'd love to get Bryant at #12.

1. Dez Bryant
2. Dan Williams
3. Sean Lee
4. Mike Wiliams
5. Jimmy Graham

Toby Gerhart could be a sleeper in the 2nd rd for us. I can think of someone else, but I don't even want to say who. Still, if we got Bryant in the 1st it would be tough to pass on D in the 2nd and 3rd rds. if we don't get Bryant I could easily see Benn in the 2nd.

justdev7
01-19-2010, 03:53 AM
If Bryant is there the only reason to pass on him is if McClain is available too. Bryant has such quick feet for a guy his size and the dude is rocked. We need to think about Chad Henne. I love Brian Hartline and Davon Bess, and Cam has good hands. But that isn't good enough, not even close. If Bryant isn't on the trifecta's radar then we have a problem. Unless they're targeting Demeryius Thomas.

Valandui
01-19-2010, 05:33 AM

Oops.

Double oops.

Actually, the only thing Parcells has taken more often in the first is LB. He has never really been afraid to take a CB. He did draft Ty Law.

Dajesus
01-19-2010, 06:42 PM

My bad about forgetting he played 3 games, but what you pointed out after him playing 3 games is a huge reason he won't be a Dolphin. He is also the only WR prospect in the entire NFL draft, so if he shows at the combine and pro day that everyone should not focus on his off the field issues someone will beet us to 12 to get him. If he does drop to us it would have to be a perfect storm for Miami to ignore the glaring holes they have on defense and pull the trigger on Dez.

I think what everyone needs to remember is we only need a #1 WR. We have a lot of young talent that makes up #2-#5, and we have invested a lot of draft picks as of late on WRs. The only way we can be sure that we get a #1 WR is to sign one who is a proven NFL #1. If we gamble on Dez we could just as easily end up with another Ginn, and still have a huge hole at LB, FS, and NT.

Our offense is going to be better next year just because Henne has a season starting under his belt and a full off season and training camp to prepare to be our starter. Our offense will also be better because Brown will be back, our young dominate o-line will have Groove back will have another year under its belt, and our young guys like Hartline, Bess, and Turner, will improve. Our defense is missing talent, youth, and the ability to stop anyone when it mattered.

I agree with everyone we need an upgrade at WR, but our offense was much better than our defense this past year, and we have bigger needs on defense. If we upgrade WR I would much rather see them do so by making major moves for guys like Marshall who will be available.