PDA

View Full Version : Texas hippies beware ...

Bumpus
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Really?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100112/ap_on_re_us/us_hair_fight;_ylt=Al2tnbWqYBJPAoKtkTzFDdes0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNoYTMzNXM1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMTEyL3VzX2hhaXJfZmlnaHQEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM4BHBvcwM1BHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdAR zbGsDdGV4YXNzY2hvb2xi

MESQUITE, Texas The parents of a 4-year-old boy disciplined for having long hair have rejected a compromise from a Texas school board that agreed to adjust its grooming policy.

The impasse means pre-kindergartner Taylor Pugh will remain in in-school suspension, sitting alone with a teacher's aide in a library. He has been sequestered from classmates at Floyd Elementary School in Mesquite, a Dallas suburb, since late November.

After a closed-door meeting Monday, the Mesquite school board decided the boy could wear his hair in tight braids but keep it no longer than his ears. But his parents say the adjustment isn't enough for Taylor, who wears his hair long, covering his earlobes and shirt collar.

His mother, Elizabeth Taylor, said she'll pull back Taylor's hair in a ponytail, acknowledging the style will keep him suspended.

"If I braid his hair, his scalp will bleed and his hair will break," Elizabeth Taylor said after the meeting.

According to the district dress code, boys' hair must be kept out of the eyes and cannot extend below the bottom of earlobes or over the collar of a dress shirt. Fads in hairstyles "designed to attract attention to the individual or to disrupt the orderly conduct of the classroom or campus is not permitted," the policy states.

1 dol fan
01-12-2010, 07:46 PM
idiots...

PhinzN703
01-13-2010, 12:13 AM
People need to get lives quickly

Dolphan7
01-13-2010, 01:54 AM
I blame the Parents.

1 dol fan
01-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I blame the Parents.
of the school board?

Myles Fynch
01-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't braid my hair, but I never heard a chick complaining about this:

"If I braid his hair, his scalp will bleed and his hair will break," Elizabeth Taylor said after the meeting.

1 dol fan
01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't braid my hair, but I never heard a chick complaining about this:
Its because they get free **** when they look good... the little hippie won't.

Gonzo
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
How about the government and it's entities mind it's own business. This is one of the least free states I've ever lived in. Texas blows.

/rant