PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Brandon LaFell?

Ruepert
01-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I've seen a few games where he has made some plays. Kind of reminds me of a poor man's Anquan Boldin. Definently not worth our number 1, but if he is there at our 2nd pick(assuming we pick up a few solid starters on D during free agency and use our 1st pick on a stud linebacker) would any of you be happy with the pick or not?

DKphin
01-15-2010, 10:48 PM
LaFell does not elite speed(4.52/40) ala Anquan Boldin. He is known to not always run crisp routes rather relying on his athleticism. But he has sure hands and takes pride in his ability to block. I don't know if we need another guy with great hands and pedestrian speed, but he is a big physical target that could out muscle DBs.

Quadfather
01-15-2010, 11:05 PM
i think hes alot like patrick turner.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Personally, I'm leery of Lafell. He reminds me so much of Derek Hagan, a productive college receiver who doesn't have great hands. I do like that he blocks well, which shows a team attitude. But he really doesn't do anything exceptionally well. Just my opinion.

Lord Of Miami
01-16-2010, 03:23 AM
He plays faster then whatever time he may run in the 40.The best way to describe him would be to say he's smooth.........................and that's about one of the best things you can say about a WR.

Here's some more on him http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1746

I think he'll be a hell of a player and Miami or any team would love to have him.

GoonBoss
01-16-2010, 04:48 AM
I've watched LaFell for a long while. He's the goods.

Clipse
01-16-2010, 06:02 AM
LaFell does not elite speed(4.52/40) ala Anquan Boldin. He is known to not always run crisp routes rather relying on his athleticism. But he has sure hands and takes pride in his ability to block. I don't know if we need another guy with great hands and pedestrian speed, but he is a big physical target that could out muscle DBs.
His hands aren't sure either. I've seen a lot of Lafell and he has a knack of losing focus and dropping passes he should catch. The more that I think of it, he reminds me of a certain other LSU WR, Dwayne Bowe. Not overly fast, good size, has the athleticism to go up and get the ball, as well as shake tackles, and of course the loss of focus. Solid in all aspects of the game, but not great in any.

mmikel30
01-16-2010, 06:08 AM
average id take tate over him

hooshoops
01-16-2010, 09:53 AM
meh....pass

skipp2myloo13
01-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Please no! I watch a lot of LSU games- he cant run routes, he doesnt catch the ball with his hands, doesnt use his size, doesnt play as fast as timed, he isnt really physical. He is a good team player and will block good though.

uga3406
01-16-2010, 11:39 AM
I've seen a few games where he has made some plays. Kind of reminds me of a poor man's Anquan Boldin. Definently not worth our number 1, but if he is there at our 2nd pick(assuming we pick up a few solid starters on D during free agency and use our 1st pick on a stud linebacker) would any of you be happy with the pick or not?

I personally like him. He is one of the few wr's i like in this years draft. I think he is worth a 2nd pcik but I still Miami has much more pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball that need to be addressed 1st.

uga3406
01-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Having great speed has nothing to do with becoming a great wr, see Ted Ginn for that. One other thing Boldin may not be fast but he is one heck of a wr. I take him and would not look back.

BobDole
01-16-2010, 05:21 PM
my problem with him is route running. he doesn't move or make cuts very well at all. many of the passes he caught this year were go routes where he used his size and physicality to go up and get the ball - which he does well. he plays fairly stiff. but like others have said, he is a tremendous run blocker. he'll end up going way before he should and he'll take a few years to develop into something special - if that ever happens. pass.

bigchub22
01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I personally am not a big fan of this kid, just doesn't do it for me

hooshoops
01-17-2010, 12:24 AM
i'm looking for a legit #1 wr to complete our wr core...imo this guy is anything but that guy...

uga3406
01-17-2010, 12:26 PM
i'm looking for a legit #1 wr to complete our wr core...imo this guy is anything but that guy...

We have a legit #1 wr on our team, his name is Davone Bess. Hartline is a good # 2 guy and LaFell would make a great# 3 option and red zone target.

hooshoops
01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
We have a legit #1 wr on our team, his name is Davone Bess. Hartline is a good # 2 guy and LaFell would make a great# 3 option and red zone target.

are you serious??? :facepalm:

uga3406
01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
are you serious??? :facepalm:

I like Bess and think he is a better option then Ginn or Antonio Bryant as our 1 wr

skipp2myloo13
01-17-2010, 01:54 PM
that doesnt mean he is a one. He is slow, not big, not physical, doesnt demand double coverage. He lacks almost all qualities a prototypical number 1 has. He is a quicker, shiftier Wes Welker-a top tier slot guy. Hartline is a good number 2.