PDA

View Full Version : Sparanstedt

johngarry
01-15-2010, 11:32 PM
anyone else think Fatso is just a hefty version of Wannstedt? holy jeebus, could finding/hiring a DC get any more embarrasing?!? and what's with Big/Lil Tuna? fingers stuck in their collective dikes??!

Dolfans...we've got a problem.:ohno:

lbmclean_sj
01-15-2010, 11:35 PM
anyone else think Fatso is just a hefty version of Wannstedt? holy jeebus, could finding/hiring a DC get any more embarrasing?!? and what's with Big/Lil Tuna? fingers stuck in their collective dikes??!

I'm embarrassed for you

Zounds
01-15-2010, 11:38 PM
They both have mustaches, that's about it really.

Third Eye
01-15-2010, 11:39 PM
No I do not think of Sparano as another version of Wannstedt.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano can actually motivate pro football players.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano actually takes input from those around him.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano doesn't make final decisions on player personnel.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano gets his players to play in a disciplined manner.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano instills trust in young players.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano can lead a team out of the desert instead of into one.

bdmagnum
01-15-2010, 11:44 PM

The only problem we have is one of our Dolfans making a ridiculous post like this.

josekareh
01-15-2010, 11:48 PM
seems to me you have nothing to post about..

DannyX18
01-16-2010, 12:09 AM
we can't find a good DC...and sparano is equal to wannstead??? the doom and gloomers on this site give me a good laugh.

Daytona Fin
01-16-2010, 12:17 AM
did you ever think parcells is the one having a problem finding a DC

greenmiamicat
01-16-2010, 12:31 AM
I trust Sparano and so far the Tuna has been Dolphin safe.

Vaark
01-16-2010, 12:33 AM

you really have become a One Trick Pony. Apparently living in proximity to the Kardashians either they've rubbed off on you or vice versa.

Daytona Fin
01-16-2010, 12:47 AM
you really have become a One Trick Pony. Apparently living in proximity to the Kardashians either they've rubbed off on you or vice versa.

wow you must be keeping up with the kardashians too. are you a bruce jenner fan or do you like rump roast.

Vaark
01-16-2010, 12:54 AM
wow you must be keeping up with the kardashians too. are you a bruce jenner fan or do you like rump roast.

sorry Sherlock..i'll leave the rump roast to you. i like looking at and fantasizing about Kim in a Catholic school girl's unform.

Daytona Fin
01-16-2010, 01:00 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

thats not very religious

finnns2000
01-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Seriously? Dave Wannstedt?! You compared our current coach to Dave WANNSTEDT?!

Don't disrespect Wanny like that.

DolfanDuBbZ~
01-16-2010, 01:17 AM

Is this what VIP members have to offer? And here I thought that section was for serious thinkers.:jcane:

uga3406
01-16-2010, 01:40 AM
:lol:quote=DolfanDuBbZ~;1063294181]Is this what VIP members have to offer? And here I thought that section was for serious thinkers.:jcane:[/quote]

hahha i agree w u there....so much for important vip adss etc etc

skipp2myloo13
01-16-2010, 01:47 AM

no one will respect your opinion when you clearly show you are not being objective but rather strait drinken the hateraid

Vertical Limit
01-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Again, like someone mentioned on another thread. Wannstedt coached possibly the best defense this Dolphins' team had this past decade. And his offensive coordinators were Norv Turner and Chan Gailey, two highly regarded coaches. I don't know where the hell you get this idea that Wannstedt could not get coordinators to sign here. Maybe you're talking about the year when Ricky retired.

RealityBites
01-16-2010, 01:53 AM

Unlike Wanny, Sparano can actually motivate pro football players.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano actually takes input from those around him.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano doesn't make final decisions on player personnel.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano gets his players to play in a disciplined manner.

Unlike Wanny, Sparano instills trust in young players.

You're giving Sparano WAAAAY too much credit....he's a puppet... each entries can be debunked. I'm no Wanny fan in the least, but these comparisons are a bit useless. I just hope the 2009 version of the Miami Dolphins is a thing of the past, because Sparano digressed as a Coach this season. Lord knows his press conferences are getting very old already. Another poor season Coaching for Sparano and he's out the door. Parcells will can his a$$..... :up:

BARF
01-16-2010, 01:54 AM
are u insane look how cool sparano looks with his shades every time he does a press conference

Fins_of_Fury
01-16-2010, 02:06 AM
maybe you've forgotten that tony sparano led our team to the biggest single season turnaround in nfl history. i cant think of a coach that exemplifies what we need in our football team more than tony. tough, hardnosed, hardworking.....thats what this team has become under his leadership. and im damn happy with what weve seen so far.

RealityBites
01-16-2010, 02:39 AM
maybe you've forgotten that tony sparano led our team to the biggest single season turnaround in nfl history. i cant think of a coach that exemplifies what we need in our football team more than tony. tough, hardnosed, hardworking.....thats what this team has become under his leadership. and im damn happy with what weve seen so far.

Again, giving Sparano WAAAAY too much credit. Parcells is always mentioned as the person that record falls too...not Sparano. If I have a top 15 list for NFL coaches I'd like to run this team...hmmmm I'm thinking Tony's not on it. If he finishes 7-9 next season, this guy will be back to coaching O-Lines someplace else. It's all about Winning...back to back losing seasons under Parcells as President = You're a$$ is Fired! An yes Parcells and Ireland are to blame for their part in it too, but crap flows downhill. DC took the hit this season...OC or ST and Sparano are next in line....or Parcells just walks away in disgust.

Have to fix it: Wasted 2nd and 3rd rounders in 2009.....were huge misses, and the reason why teams like ours can't get over the hump. This years draft is a crutial one for the Trifecta...we need help at so many positions, and can't afford wasted high picks. We need playmakers NOW!

DolfanDuBbZ~
01-16-2010, 02:45 AM

I seriously think your a Jet fan. You have nothing of substance, but hate for the current regime and players. Taking anything you post here seriously is getting real tough. :facepalm:

Wanny was so good, he drove a NFL ALL PRO back to retirement. Good times.

RockyMtnPhinfan
01-16-2010, 02:54 AM
:facepalm:

RealityBites
01-16-2010, 02:55 AM
I seriously think your a Jet fan. You have nothing of substance, but hate for the current regime and players. Taking anything you post here seriously is getting real tough. :facepalm:

Well, so did Bum Phillips with Earl Campbell (My fav player before Marino and after Csonka)...but most people loved/loves Bum to this day. I didn't hear DolFans knocking Wanny when Ricky was running wild in 2002/2003. We just enjoyed what he was doing before his sh!t on us in 2004, and went on his ganja binge.

Those seasons didn't work out(even for the Oilers), usually because of defensive faliures when the games were on the line.....hmmm sorta like we played this year. Go Figure.:facepalm:

finnns2000
01-16-2010, 03:22 AM

:boohoo:Wahhhh

Seriously, grow up. Why would I be a Jest fan? What Jest fan poses as a Phins fan?

If you can't take some brutal honesty and humor, then I don't know what to tell you. I do know this. As bad as Wanny was for us, he won 22 games in 2 seasons back to back. We haven't had success like that since... oh yeah, Wanny. A lot of that 'can' be placed on the fantastic four we had on D, but hey that goes for any successful coach. Wannstedt doomed us by sticking with guys that hurt the team consistently (Fiedler, Mare, etc.) but how is Sparano any better? Gibril Wilson was out there every week ****ing us over in the secondary, and there was Pat White with the useless plays every game. Seriously, you're defending him because he's the 'current coach'. Just like you defended Sham Cameron, and Nick Satan. Hey, do your thing but I will too. Don't like it? Tough.

PATSSUCK
01-16-2010, 03:45 AM

Seriously, grow up. Why would I be a Jest fan? What Jest fan poses as a Phins fan?

If you can't take some brutal honesty and humor, then I don't know what to tell you. I do know this. As bad as Wanny was for us, he won 22 games in 2 seasons back to back. We haven't had success like that since... oh yeah, Wanny. A lot of that 'can' be placed on the fantastic four we had on D, but hey that goes for any successful coach. Wannstedt doomed us by sticking with guys that hurt the team consistently (Fiedler, Mare, etc.) but how is Sparano any better? Gibril Wilson was out there every week ****ing us over in the secondary, and there was Pat White with the useless plays every game. Seriously, you're defending him because he's the 'current coach'. Just like you defended Sham Cameron, and Nick Satan. Hey, do your thing but I will too. Don't like it? Tough.

This post makes no sense. Wanny had much better teams, which he then destroyed. You have an agenda and its pretty obvious to everyone here.

GoonBoss
01-16-2010, 03:48 AM

Not supporting Wanny, but if you're a runningback, and you don't want the ball........You should retire. If you don't want the ball, go play golf.

Sirspud
01-16-2010, 03:55 AM
In response to the OP, no.

GoonBoss
01-16-2010, 04:06 AM
:lol:quote=DolfanDuBbZ~;1063294181]Is this what VIP members have to offer? And here I thought that section was for serious thinkers.:jcane:

hahha i agree w u there....so much for important vip adss etc etc[/quote]

More importantly, our VIP memebers actually support the site, as opposed to free memebersm, who are welcome, but enjoy free of charge Finheaven.

Spiff
01-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Well, so did Bum Phillips with Earl Campbell (My fav player before Marino and after Csonka)...but most people loved/loves Bum to this day. I didn't hear DolFans knocking Wanny when Ricky was running wild in 2002/2003. We just enjoyed what he was doing before his sh!t on us in 2004, and went on his ganja binge.

Those seasons didn't work out(even for the Oilers), usually because of defensive faliures when the games were on the line.....hmmm sorta like we played this year. Go Figure.:facepalm:
Ricky ran for 1.853 yards in 2002. Jason Taylor had 18.5 sacks in 2002. Zach Thomas had 156 tackles in 2002. All of them led the league in these categories. That's good coaching, or is it?

Yet, we went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Is that still good coaching?

In 2008, we didn't have a player in the top five in Passing, Rushing, Receiving, Tackles, Sacks or Interceptions and we still went 11-5 and made the playoffs.

If you compare the two rosters from 2002 and 2008, it's pretty clear which coach had the better talent. If Sparano had the same talent I believe we would be a playoff lock. Sparano is a good coach, just give him time and some talent and we'll be fine. Of course, 7-9 is disappointing after going 11-5 last year but it's pretty much a clear indication of where we are right now. Coaching is not a problem right now, that's for sure.

3rdandinches
01-16-2010, 08:31 AM

Actually your wrong again, alot of us we're pissed off because we'd be holding a 10-7 lead in the 3rd and we would already be in run the clock mode. Up the gut on 1st down, up the gut on 2nd down, up the gut on 3rd down and punt. Then our bend but don't break defense would give up a couple fg's and we'd lose.

Best defense, great RB in a time that no one spread the ball out like today. Only the west coast offense was semi similar and yet we had zero success, no Superbowl appearences, nothing. Great coaching!!!! Wanny was an idiot, he couldn't hold TS's jock strap!

BigJP
01-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks bud, I was thinking about joining VIP and you just ruined it for me. BTW Epic Fail my friend.

BigJP
01-16-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Sparano hadn't slept with some of your 'ol ladies or something, the ones I'm talking about know who you are. I mean c'mon your gonna bash a guy thats been here 2 seasons and 1 was 11-5 all that tells me is something else is behind it.

SebasMiamiFan
01-16-2010, 09:31 AM
I feel retarded for commenting on this thread, but if I have too....

Is it Sparano's fault we lost Will Allen, Ronnie Brown, Jake Grove, Ferguson, Chad Pennington, ect.?

It's year 2 of rebuilding people. Well, it's year 3 now actually, but Rome wasn't built in a day. I mean did you expect a SB championship from a smoke and mirrors turnaround season? Most of the players on defense are gap players that won't be here for very long or they will be depth.

This team still has ways to go, but the pieces are falling into place real nicely.

We get a #1 WR and the passing game is set for now:
1-?, 2-Ginn, 3-Bess, 4-Hartline, 5-Camarillo, 6-Turner with rotation looks good to me.

We got our DE's, we got our CB's, we got our QB, we got our RB's, we got a top 5 O-line when healthy, and an elite FB and LT. We should get our LB's this year.

This team is very close to being a playoff team and eventually, SB contenders.

Daytona Fin
01-16-2010, 10:10 AM

his drug habits drove him to retirement

zachblitz54
01-16-2010, 10:41 AM

Agreed. We are only two seasons into this. He started with NOTHING.

Too bad Sparano didn't have two division winners lay down and forfeit him two victories, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

skipp2myloo13
01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
no, thats inaccurate. His physically adn psychological stress drove him to retirement. He felt that yoga and weed would fix that. He didnt quit because of the drugs. At least that not what anything he ever said has led me to believe.

ChambersWI
01-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Sparano has his flaws, but he's not a bad coach. His biggest flaw to me is giving Dan Henning WAY too much free reign in playcalling. I think for a team rebuilding like we have been the past two seasons, Sparano is a good coach for us; he's loved by his players, but he's not a pushover like Wanny was. Now will he be the guy to get us over the hump? Too early to tell.

Oh and to whoever mentioned Bum Phillips, he was not a great coach, but he got the most out of his players. Many consider him one of the great motivators of all time. Outside of Earl Campbell, those Oiler teams weren't overly talented but Bum did a great job with them.

RyanWallace321
01-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm embarrassed for you

Agreed

Etuoo33
01-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Giving Wrongstat any credit at all is just wrong. The gut took an all star Defense and ruined it. IMHO some of you need a few minutes in the corner. Comparing Sparano to Wrongie is sick. Can you say Eddie Moore or Jamar Fletcher? With those two names I debunk the Wrongstadt myth. I feel sorry for Pitt fans.

dolpns13
01-16-2010, 12:15 PM

no wonder noone likes your posts.. please feel free to not return :up:

SpurzN703
01-16-2010, 12:40 PM

Glad to see you've identified yourself as the problem

SpurzN703
01-16-2010, 12:50 PM

Did you ever think that Wannstedt had better teams to work with in those back to back years? A coach can't win unless the team he coaches is good, just ask Jim Caldwell. The Colts have won 50 games a year for 10 years. Is that coaching or is it just easier b/c they've always had a good team?

Lorenzo Rules
01-16-2010, 01:42 PM

Unlike Wanny, Sparano can actually motivate pro football players. wrong

Unlike Wanny, Sparano actually takes input from those around him. OK

Unlike Wanny, Sparano doesn't make final decisions on player personnel. Agree

Unlike Wanny, Sparano gets his players to play in a disciplined manner. WRONG

Unlike Wanny, Sparano instills trust in young players. thats laughable

Wrong , wrong , just plain wrong

we are no better coached team now then we were then. its plain obvious that a lot of fin fans are still in denial so just wait until next year when we finish last in our division and we will finish last in the division .

guys how can you defend Sparano he has yet to beat a a playoff team and we got beat by two non playoff teams.

Bumpus
01-16-2010, 01:45 PM
:facepalm:
Wanny is never to be compared to anything except a tube of lube.

Nublar7
01-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Wrong , wrong , just plain wrong

we are no better coached team now then we were then. its plain obvious that a lot of fin fans are still in denial so just wait until next year when we finish last in our division and we will finish last in the division .

guys how can you defend Sparano he has yet to beat a a playoff team and we got beat by two non playoff teams.I assume you are talking about the regular season. Yet to beat a playoff team? Didn't we just beat the playoff bound Patriots this season?

Noodle Arm
01-16-2010, 02:38 PM
This thread sure is bringing the funny.

finnns2000
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
no, thats inaccurate. His physically adn psychological stress drove him to retirement. He felt that yoga and weed would fix that. He didnt quit because of the drugs. At least that not what anything he ever said has led me to believe.

Where are you pulling this from? Your ***? He DID quit because of drugs. He wanted to smoke pot and not worry about the NFL drug testing. Remember, he had already failed drug tests 3 or so times before everything came out.

Traveling and finding himself spiritually were just part of the equation.

ChambersWI
01-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Where are you pulling this from? Your ***? He DID quit because of drugs. He wanted to smoke pot and not worry about the NFL drug testing. Remember, he had already failed drug tests 3 or so times before everything came out.

Traveling and finding himself spiritually were just part of the equation.

he retired suddenly because he knew he was getting suspended 4 games, and he didn't want people to find out he was a smoker. That being said, Ricky being away from the game helped him find peace. Whether we agree with his retiring or not, Ricky ahd a lot more issues than drugs.