PDA

View Full Version : xbox online or ps3 not the question you think

vafins
01-16-2010, 12:30 AM
well i have a little bit of money and gift cards to spend and Im not really sure what i should put my money into.

I can either get xbox live for my 360 but id have to buy the adapter which is like 100 dollars plus the sub which is like 50 each year the only games i really plan to play online would be call of duty mw2 and madden at the moment

or i could get a ps3 and have online play for free and get madden or mw2 and eventually the other, most of my friends in real life have ps3 plus i could still play with other players

i already have a xbox 360 and wii so what would you do in this situation?

FinsNCanes
01-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Get a PS3 and get MAG.

BARF
01-16-2010, 03:59 AM
i have all 3 i prefer the xbox on line over the ps3, but if all your friends have the ps3 and those 2 games, go for the ps3. mw2 kicks *** on line, madden not so much, i liked madden 09 on line better

Clipse
01-16-2010, 05:54 AM
XBL is much, much better than PSN. But if all your friends are on PSN, then might as well get that.

vafins
01-16-2010, 01:07 PM
thanks for the replies guys, still pretty torn i would probably play other games i have online if i did get xbl like left 4 dead 2 and other sports games plus i would have to buy new games for the ps3 if i got it, my xbox has had the red ring of death twice and been fixed for free but i dont know if i should put money into more stuff for the xbox if its gonna mess up again, other question people tell me that xbox live is better but psn is catching up to it of course they were ps3 users idk i just wanna make the best investment as well

Clipse
01-16-2010, 08:10 PM
thanks for the replies guys, still pretty torn i would probably play other games i have online if i did get xbl like left 4 dead 2 and other sports games plus i would have to buy new games for the ps3 if i got it, my xbox has had the red ring of death twice and been fixed for free but i dont know if i should put money into more stuff for the xbox if its gonna mess up again, other question people tell me that xbox live is better but psn is catching up to it of course they were ps3 users idk i just wanna make the best investment as well
PSN is trying to catch up, but never will come close to XBL imo. Not to mention, Sony has already said you will have to pay for the new PSN features as well.

uga3406
01-16-2010, 11:46 PM
I got x box in nov and havent looked back, no regrets

Ricky_Fan34
01-16-2010, 11:50 PM
R&R? Are you serious about the online play thing? That's really going to piss me off if they make me start paying for it, because I enjoy the online play as it is...

Clipse
01-17-2010, 03:12 AM
R&R? Are you serious about the online play thing? That's really going to piss me off if they make me start paying for it, because I enjoy the online play as it is...
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/report-sony-details-features-premium-psn-could-offer

Yep. Online play would still be free. But to get all the new features, you would have to pay for a premium service which costs more than XBL.

PassRush
01-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I love my PS3, but I have played MW2 with some buddies on X-Box Live, and its a bettter system all around. Dont get me wrong, the PSN is pretty good, especially since it is free, but you get what you pay for. All things considered, I say its a toss up.

TheFloridaDude
02-05-2010, 02:11 PM
i have both and like my ps3 waaaay better than my xbox. i never even play it anymore.

psn is free and offers all the same **** XBL does, i have both and it does. but the ps3 has a web browser and built in network adapter and its free on PSN.

ps3 rocks bro

Chubby
02-15-2010, 03:32 PM
XBOX Live, no question. Don't even think about it. They are light years ahead of PSN and every time PSN tries to catch up, XBOX Live jumps ahead.
Chubbs