PDA

View Full Version : lets narrow down our #1 pick

enduro
01-16-2010, 10:29 AM
After doing extensive research since the season has ended i have come up with the following candidates as our #1 pick.

1. Rolando McClain (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010rmcclain.php)
A definite need and a future star
2. Derrick Morgan (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dmorgan.php)
The combine will decide if he can play outside linebacker
3. Dez Bryant (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dbryant.php)
If denver trades brandon marshall this will be there pick.
4. C.J. Spiller (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010cspiller.php)
This is my dolphin darkhorse at #1

I feel one of these 4 will be our future #1 in 2010. Any thoughts?

skipp2myloo13
01-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm not a big grammar guy but for goodness sake-are is a verb OUR is the one you want. Its like some people are effin 5!

skipp2myloo13
01-16-2010, 11:02 AM
McClain, Dez, Thomas, Spoon, Spiller, Hughes.

DaytonaDolFan13
01-16-2010, 11:16 AM
McCLAIN, SPILLER, THOMAS, HUGHES, DEZ

ChambersWI
01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
we can narrow all we want, but honestly it's too early. You will see a bunch of people shoot up boards after Senior Bowl week, and then even more people shoot up after the combine. Then even more during pro days and workouts.

Right now those top 5 are good, but by the draft the top 5 could be Navarro Bowman, Everson Griffen, Morgan Burnett, and Kareem Jackson.

uga3406
01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
McClain to be is the odds on choice, it's pretty cut and dry. Now we can only hope and pray.I am shocked no one mentioned Brandon Spikes, but I guessing his stock might make him into a late 1st rd pr early 2nd rd pick perhaps

houtz
01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
McClain, Dez, Thomas, Spoon, Spiller, Hughes.

I think that's looking like my favorite so far. I might move Spiller ahead of Thomas and Spoon but it's to early to tell. McClain and Dez should not be argued as they both would fill a HUGE need on this team.

skipp2myloo13
01-16-2010, 12:47 PM
I would love McClain or Spoon at 12 at this point and Spikes at 44. Kick Spikes outside and McClain next to crowder with Wake off the weak edge. Pick up Pitta in the 3rd. The Nt from Duke later (name escapes me). Maybe sign A. Rolle and we would be looking rather swell. One can dream right?

SnakeoilSeller
01-16-2010, 01:10 PM
McClain and Spiller are my top 2 choices right now, but it is way early.

TheBow305
01-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Rolando McClain, Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays, Terrence Cody, Dan Williams or C.J. Spiller.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Rolando McClain, Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays, Terrence Cody, Dan Williams or C.J. Spiller.

I really believe Mays is high up on the Dolphins list. I'd take Cody off (no way at #12 -- maybe 2nd round) and add Witherspoon.

Dogbone34
01-16-2010, 01:57 PM
McClain - all the way. smart big dude, ready to go. could be worth a move up, leave the draft with the player you want.

Dez Bryant - this will make me nervous until i see him light it up as our #1. needs to be so good that teams worry about Ted Ginn.

Derrick Morgan - can't have enough defense. leaving it up to the experts.

CJ Spiller - needs to live up to the hype for #12. could be worth it

Earl Thomas/Carlos Dunlap/Dan Williams/Everson Griffen - i don't know

SF Dolphin Fan
01-16-2010, 01:57 PM
After doing extensive research since the season has ended i have come up with the following candidates as our #1 pick.

1. Rolando McClain (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010rmcclain.php)
A definite need and a future star
2. Derrick Morgan (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dmorgan.php)
The combine will decide if he can play outside linebacker
3. Dez Bryant (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dbryant.php)
If denver trades brandon marshall this will be there pick.
4. C.J. Spiller (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010cspiller.php)
This is my dolphin darkhorse at #1

I feel one of these 4 will be our future #1 in 2010. Any thoughts?

I'd add Sean Witherspoon and Taylor Mays. If Miami trades down a bit, then I think the FO would be looking at Brandon Graham (somewhere in the 20 range) and Golden Tate.

uga3406
01-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd add Sean Witherspoon and Taylor Mays. If Miami trades down a bit, then I think the FO would be looking at Brandon Graham (somewhere in the 20 range) and Golden Tate.

i love tate just as much as i love spiller, but do we really need them?

SR 7
01-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I would love McClain or Spoon at 12 at this point and Spikes at 44. Kick Spikes outside and McClain next to crowder with Wake off the weak edge. Pick up Pitta in the 3rd. The Nt from Duke later (name escapes me). Maybe sign A. Rolle and we would be looking rather swell. One can dream right?

Spikes who has SERIOUS speed issues and you want ot kick him to the outside?

jlfin
01-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm not a big grammar guy but for goodness sake-are is a verb OUR is the one you want. Its like some people are effin 5!

I agree. I see that error far too often

enduro
01-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree. I see that error far too often

easy on me guys. after i clicked enter i noticed my error. i usually leave out words or capitol's. there is no edit feature for this thread title. lol....

enduro
01-16-2010, 04:55 PM
McClain and Spiller are my top 2 choices right now, but it is way early.

There has been alot of rumbling about this kory sheets we picked up last year. If they like him then really the only offensive selection option would be dez b. other than that it would be only defense then. I have a feeling that denver is going to move marshall (hopefully to us for a 2nd this year and 1st next year) and select dez.

That would leave mcclain or another outside linebacker that our boys have rated high. I can't see us go safety in the first round no matter how bad they looked last year. i think a fresh batch of linebackers would do wonders for this defense.

BobDole
01-16-2010, 05:24 PM
my top five as of now are spikes, mcclain, thomas, hughes, and williams.

skipp2myloo13
01-16-2010, 07:57 PM
easy on me guys. after i clicked enter i noticed my error. i usually leave out words or capitol's. there is no edit feature for this thread title. lol....

No, its not you as much as that is something I see a lot. It just gets annoying because its a butchering of the English language. I make quick mistakes, but the constant ones, people dont respect the language enough to find out. I hope you didnt feel i was only calling you out.

CAPT.245
01-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Anyone of those would be great for us if we get the RB he can battle for #3,and KR,PR. The D does need some play maker's,we can find a good WR via free agentice or trade...:woot:

spiketex
01-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Do you think that McClain will still be available at 12? I thought that he was expected to go in the top 5.

Quadfather
01-16-2010, 08:44 PM
defense defense defense. mclain, spikes, earl thomas, navarro boweman, sergio kindle, derreck morgan, taylor mays, weatherspoon. probally one of those guys.

ColonelJ
01-17-2010, 08:30 AM
1. Bryant; 2. Joe Haden; 3. C.J. Spiller; 4. Rolando McClain; 5. Dan Williams.

skipp2myloo13
01-17-2010, 10:44 AM
1. Bryant; 2. Joe Haden; 3. C.J. Spiller; 4. Rolando McClain; 5. Dan Williams.

I personally think McClain should be higher and Thomas should be on that list, but i love your point about Haden. I see a lot of good things about his play. He may be one of those guys you kick yourself after passing (REvis)

enduro
01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I personally think McClain should be higher and Thomas should be on that list, but i love your point about Haden. I see a lot of good things about his play. He may be one of those guys you kick yourself after passing (REvis)

ok to help realistically narrow it down what is our biggest need.

linebacker inside and outside (they are old and past there prime)

WR (this was addressed last year we may take a pick on a third rounder)

Nt ( sure we could use one but we have ferg we could resign and paul)

RB (Ronnie is at the end of his contract and ricky is at the end of his career)

te (this was addressed last year)

ol (maybe a low round pickup)

d line (set)

db ( maybe a safety or cb in the later rounds)

special teams (we could use a punt and kick returner)

qb (set)

This team needs #1 linebacker help inside and out, #2 with the uncertainy of rb with ricky(retirement coming) and ronne(contract) i think this is #2 on the list of needs. #3 would be wr. i say this because this was addressed last year. #4 would be NT with the age of ferg and paul still not being the man. and last would be db's, te and special teams.

using this thought process we will draft a linebacker #1 (inside or a pass rushing linebacker) . unless cj spiller wows them. The outside dark horse would be if dez falls to us. i would say 60 % linebacker, 25 % spiller and 15% dez b.

#1 pick will be Rolando McClain (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010rmcclain.php)/Derrick Morgan (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dmorgan.php)/Sean Weatherspoon (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010sweatherspoon.php)/Jerry Hughes /Jason Pierre-Paul (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jpierrepaul.php)

skipp2myloo13
01-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Im sorry but i cant think of a senario that Derrick Morgan gets past the Jags-unless Tim Tebow starts doing a major Dan Marino impression at Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro day. I just dont see us taking Pierre-Paul either, just doesnt seem like our type of player.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
i love tate just as much as i love spiller, but do we really need them? All you really need to do is look at the teams remaining in the postseason to answer that one. We need that explosive element in the offense in a big way so I'd say deinitely yes.

jim1
01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
my top five as of now are spikes, mcclain, thomas, hughes, and williams.

We'll see how Spikes runs at the combine. I see him as a late 1st/early 2nd rd pick.

Quadfather
01-17-2010, 03:23 PM
my top 5: Mclain, Spiller, earl thomas, brandon spikes, jason pierre-paul. could change alot in the next months.

newlownorder
01-19-2010, 01:08 AM
At this point I would cross off Dez Bryant. 1) We know Parcells likes to wait on WR's. 2) Crabtree and Bryant have the same agent, screams holdout.

Just my opinion.

justdev7
01-19-2010, 03:33 AM
If McClain and Bryant are gone we need to trade back!!! That's it. There's nobody else there at that point that's good enough to pass up an additional pick in the 3rd round, or possibly the late late second.

Buff
01-19-2010, 10:35 AM
I could see Spiller coming to us, or Gerhart, but i don't think it will happen. If they are available at 44, then, maybe... Ronnie & Ricky with Cobb spelling both, plus the other RB that we have - names escapes me - we should be ok.

I can see a RB early in the 11 draft thou.

PALMA
01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
This team is slow on both sides of the ball.

C.J. Spiller is badly needed.

twix2500
01-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Our needs will change determined by what free agents sign. But as of right now, I think it would Dez Bryant first, if he falls he is too good to pass up. Then its Rolando McClain, Terrence Cody, and Dan Williams..

thefranchisedef
01-21-2010, 04:38 AM
1.Eric Berry
2. McClain
3. Cj Spiller
4. Golden Tate
5. Brandon Spikes
6. Terrence Cody
7. Dez Bryant
8. Dan Williams
9. Tim Tebow
10. Taylor Mays

Its time for playmakers! Eric berry is the best player on Miami's board.. no doubt.. McClain is up there, and Cj is already impressed us..
Golden is my dark horse because he has hands like rice.. I have never seen him drop a pass and his run after catch is elite.. I have Brandon Spikes high because of his Nastyness! Tim Tebow is the greatest leader to touch a football in college history! Taylor Mays, talent out of this world...

my mock draft as of now, only till we pick!

1. Suh- rams
2. Okung- lions
3. Dez Bryant- bucs
4. Jimmy Clausen- redskins
5. McClain-chiefs
6. Gerald McCoy- Seahawks
7. Eric Berry-cleveland
8. Brandon Spikes- Oakland *They live off hype
9. Sam Bradford- Bills haha
10.Tim Tebow- Jags
11. Dan Williams- Broncos
12. Cj Spiller- I believe he is the playmaker missing from the wildcat!

of course I have a feeling we are going to get anquan from the cardinals.. 4th round pick...

BARF
01-21-2010, 05:00 AM
i could see getting gerhart in the second round

PerfectFISH69
01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
McClain, Spikes and CJ

Phinatic8u
01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
My top 5 are.

1. Eric Berry
2. Rolando McClain
3. Dez Bryant