PDA

View Full Version : FinHeaven Annoyances ...

Bumpus
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Which group of posters annoys you the most? Here's my top ten (in no particular order)

- Eternally optimistic crowd ... These are the defenders, the apologists, the "if-only" people. Characterized by their Pollyanna hair styles and ability to firmly bury their head in the sand.

- Sky-is-falling crowd ... These are the fire-everybody, we'll always suck, the NFL's out to get us people. Characterized by their surly dispositions and ability to poop in your Cheerios.

- (insert player here) will fix everything crowd ... These are those who declare that we're great, all that holds us back from the Super Bowl is not trading the farm for Player X. Characterized by Madden players.

- We need to change logo/colors/uniform crowd ... These are those who change things just for the sake of change. Characterized by 8-year-olds.

- "You're not a real fan" crowd ... These are most often the first responders to the sky-is-falling crowd. Characterized by wild overreactions, and the lack of a sarcasm detector.

- I know so much more than you crowd ... These are those who enjoy belittling others with opposing viewpoints. Characterized by the smug air of hipster they prance about with.

- People who can't spell or use grammar correctly ... These are those who slept through English class every day in high school. Not to be confused with JoeR (JoeR is awesome because of his misspelling) Characterized by the inability to distinguish between their/there/they're and to/too/two.

- Grammar Nazis ... These are English majors/teachers. Characterized by those who piss off high school dropouts.

- People who start threads in the wrong forum ... These are people who are new to surfing message boards. Either that, or they're unorganized people who won't follow rules. Characterized by people who have a dire need to see their thread viewed by all (damn the consequences)

- Douchebags in general ... These are the - Actually if you don't know who they are, it's you. Characterized by lying, head-bobbin', bare-chested, coochie-payin'-for, representin', internet warriors.

Discuss.

Feel free to add any other major sub-groups that I've overlooked.

Farmer
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
wheres the 'all of the above' option?

BobDole
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
the 'i know so much more than you' crowd gets my vote. they can suck it.

Bumpus
01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
The best part of the 'I know more than you' crowd is when you catch them making a mistake. :up: Classic.

Arsenal WV
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
I hate people who can't spell. and abbreviate words because they can't spell them.

Noodle Arm
01-18-2010, 08:22 PM
If you mix the "Sky-is-falling crowd" with the "I know so much more than you crowd" you get...The Realists!! Coming this summer to FinHeaven!

JCane
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
I hate people who can't spell. and abbreviate words because they can't spell them.

I know. I wish they could spell "Google."

SpurzN703
01-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Douchebags in general was my vote. The top 10 list you created are full of douchebags so it made the most sense to me :chuckle:

Vaark
01-18-2010, 08:35 PM
How about the "I know not only more than you, but also, from the perspective of my easy chair, I know more than HOF position players, coaches, analysts and the FO."

Another one I'd add is the "you're a homer, I'm a realist," especially when the disdainful accusation emanates from bandwagoning 3-4 month latecomers who weren't around here to share the bad times like most optimistic or hopeful members on here have suffered through.

1 dol fan
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
How about the "blue creature that is one of the last characters on this board!" sub-group.

cowboy82nd
01-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Which group of posters annoys you the most? Here's my top ten (in no particular order)

- Eternally optimistic crowd ... These are the defenders, the apologists, the "if-only" people. Characterized by their Pollyanna hair styles and ability to firmly bury their head in the sand.

- Sky-is-falling crowd ... These are the fire-everybody, we'll always suck, the NFL's out to get us people. Characterized by their surly dispositions and ability to poop in your Cheerios.

- (insert player here) will fix everything crowd ... These are those who declare that we're great, all that holds us back from the Super Bowl is not trading the farm for Player X. Characterized by Madden players.

- We need to change logo/colors/uniform crowd ... These are those who change things just for the sake of change. Characterized by 8-year-olds.

- "You're not a real fan" crowd ... These are most often the first responders to the sky-is-falling crowd. Characterized by wild overreactions, and the lack of a sarcasm detector.

- I know so much more than you crowd ... These are those who enjoy belittling others with opposing viewpoints. Characterized by the smug air of hipster they prance about with.

- People who can't spell or use grammar correctly ... These are those who slept through English class every day in high school. Not to be confused with JoeR (JoeR is awesome because of his misspelling) Characterized by the inability to distinguish between their/there/they're and to/too/two.

- Grammar Nazis ... These are English majors/teachers. Characterized by those who piss off high school dropouts.

- People who start threads in the wrong forum ... These are people who are new to surfing message boards. Either that, or they're unorganized people who won't follow rules. Characterized by people who have a dire need to see their thread viewed by all (damn the consequences)

- Douchebags in general ... These are the - Actually if you don't know who they are, it's you. Characterized by lying, head-bobbin', bare-chested, coochie-payin'-for, representin', internet warriors.

Discuss.

Feel free to add any other major sub-groups that I've overlooked.

Bumpus, is this directed to anyone in particular?

Bumpus
01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
:lol:
No-one in particular, just a montage of what pisses me off from time to time.

Bumpus
01-18-2010, 10:36 PM
... although, that last bolded part (Princess Filthy Sheets=douchebag) ... OK, yeah! :lol:

Bumpus
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
:lol:
Actually Noodle, given your tone - with the two categories you mentioned, :chuckle: I'd say douchebag.

... no offense. :lol:

phreak
01-19-2010, 02:22 AM
... although, that last bolded part (Princess Filthy Sheets=douchebag) ... OK, yeah! :lol:
but he has a great thread:up:

JT-forpresident
01-19-2010, 02:26 AM
sky is falling gets my vote.... douchebags in general were a close second, but i figured i might be a part of that group since 90% of americans don't like french canadians ... :lol:

Possum
01-19-2010, 02:26 AM
sub-group: "i have an authentic jersey from china"

and princess filthy sheets gets a category all to herself.

eger
01-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Take a look at my feedback, all red all on 2 posts and never had a problem before that. But yes people don't like different opinions on this site and can't take jokes either.

Dolphins7273
01-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I can't stand it when fans tell other fans to "take it one game at a time." It's so retarded and pointless. As if a fan overlooking a certain game is gonna magically cause the players to do the same...

X-Pacolypse
01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
The sky is falling crowd. Can't stand them, have no use for them.