PDA

View Full Version : The nastiest hockey hit ever

JT-forpresident
01-19-2010, 02:36 AM
It happened in quebec city (where i live actually)

in the LHJMQ ( equivalent of ncaa hockey in quebec ) , patrice cormier, a first round pick for the new jersey devils and this year's junior team canada captain, delivered the nastiest elbow to mikael tam's face ...

WARNING: disturbing images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqBHlA9Yp3I&feature=related

he's a disgrace to hockey and our nation :facepalm: ... french canadians want him to go in jail. as a matter of fact, the police will investigate and cormier could be in trouble...

Slim
01-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Saw this on TSN last night... what a disgrace. What's worse is he came straight off the bench to do it. He should be banned for life and arrested.

Dirtiest play since McSorley.

Bumpus
01-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Although I found the French to be distracting ... NO idea what he was saying.

JT-forpresident
01-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Although I found the French to be distracting ... NO idea what he was saying.

LMAO yeah i couldn't find a video in english, sorry ...

the guy basically says the what/where/when/who at the beginning, and says the guy was driven to the hospital. He also said patrick roy (the one and only), head coach of the remparts, wants the police to investigate on the matter ... nothing noteworthy...

Bumpus
01-20-2010, 12:15 AM
If you want to see another bad one ... YouTube what happened to Dupuis tonight.

JT-forpresident
01-20-2010, 01:31 AM
If you want to see another bad one ... YouTube what happened to Dupuis tonight.

i saw it on sportscenter ... guys who play like that shouldn't earn an NHL salary

Slim
01-20-2010, 11:45 AM
LMAO yeah i couldn't find a video in english, sorry ...

the guy basically says the what/where/when/who at the beginning, and says the guy was driven to the hospital. He also said patrick roy (the one and only), head coach of the remparts, wants the police to investigate on the matter ... nothing noteworthy...

Like Pat Roy has anything to say... he sent his son on a rampage not 2 years ago.

That Dupuis hit was eerily similar to the Draper hit in the playoffs.

GoonBoss
01-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I just don't get Hockey at all.

Arsenal WV
01-20-2010, 07:22 PM
He just threw a bow, It didnt look like that bad of a hit

I've seen WAY worse

GoonBoss
01-20-2010, 07:33 PM

I've seen WAY worse

Pretty much. You're tough guys or not.

Mr_Freezetag
01-20-2010, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yxLlZkknv0&feature=related

I saw this while I was looking at other videos similar to the cormier/tam originally posted.

Let me say this, I have been an NHL fan since about 1995 and my favorite player is in fact Patrick Roy. When he was traded to the Avalanche I found my team. Like slim mentioned, Roy can't say a damn thing about this due to his stint. Also to add to it Roy had a history of domestic violence (as a huge fan I tried to ignore these things).

That hit was dirty and so are his others, especially since they seem to be coming off/on the bench. But I don't think this is the "nastiest" hit ever. I'm not saying what I linked above is. Messier throwing his shoulder pad like that into Modano's head I think is equally as cheap.

Oh an JT-forpresident thanks for posting this because now I will be looking up Roy and Vernon/Osgood fights for the next 2 hours of my night! Those were the good days of hockey....

ChadHenne
01-20-2010, 08:00 PM
That's why girls don't play the sport.

GoonBoss
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
That's why girls don't play the sport.

Exactly. Protect yourself at all times, and, game on.

A sport that prides its'self on tough shouldn't do that if people are going to get outraged over an elbow

JT-forpresident
01-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Exactly. Protect yourself at all times, and, game on.

A sport that prides its'self on tough shouldn't do that if people are going to get outraged over an elbow

:err: you're kidding ... right ?

if you're not, you've obviously never played the game

elbowing is like a tackle by the facemask in 1950 football : ****ing dangerous, and now illegal

getting an elbow like that, at the speed they were going, is basically like if you stood next to me, and i'd hit you as hard as i can with a shovel in your face

JT-forpresident
01-21-2010, 01:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yxLlZkknv0&feature=related

I saw this while I was looking at other videos similar to the cormier/tam originally posted.

Let me say this, I have been an NHL fan since about 1995 and my favorite player is in fact Patrick Roy. When he was traded to the Avalanche I found my team. Like slim mentioned, Roy can't say a damn thing about this due to his stint. Also to add to it Roy had a history of domestic violence (as a huge fan I tried to ignore these things).

That hit was dirty and so are his others, especially since they seem to be coming off/on the bench. But I don't think this is the "nastiest" hit ever. I'm not saying what I linked above is. Messier throwing his shoulder pad like that into Modano's head I think is equally as cheap.

Oh an JT-forpresident thanks for posting this because now I will be looking up Roy and Vernon/Osgood fights for the next 2 hours of my night! Those were the good days of hockey....

:lol: true that

it may not be the nastiest hit ever... but the thing is, cormier has done 2 elbowing like this during the junior championship this year... it's now the third time in a 3-4 month span that he's delivered a cheap shot like that

maybe not the nastiest hit, but definitely the nastiest player i've ever witnessed ( marc messier was a class act, this is just an isolated incident ... and yeah, scott stevens knocked some people out back in the days, but it was considered legal back then :D )

JT-forpresident
01-21-2010, 01:43 AM

I've seen WAY worse

show me then

i've seen bigger hits, definitely.

I've seen some disgusting **** too, like guys' throat cut by a skate blade...

but this ? an intentional, cheap shot, elbow TO THE FACE ??? it doesn't get any worse

Bumpus
01-21-2010, 11:01 AM
:err: you're kidding ... right ?

if you're not, you've obviously never played the game

elbowing is like a tackle by the facemask in 1950 football : ****ing dangerous, and now illegal

getting an elbow like that, at the speed they were going, is basically like if you stood next to me, and i'd hit you as hard as i can with a shovel in your face

BINGO! That's a great comparison.

kwill29
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM
It really was quite a nasty hit... totally uncalled for, he was just head hunting. I been playing hockey since I was 5 and when I turned 18 I took off my facemask. For a while I liked it because my peripheral vision was just soooo much better. Then I caught a stick in the face and broke my nose. Ever since then I went back to the facemask, because everytime I don't wear it, I get paranoid something like in that video is going to happen.