PDA

View Full Version : Nolan expected to be at Senior Bowl for Miami's Staff

FinAtic8480
01-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Although the details still have to be worked out, Nolan is expected to be with the Dolphins staff in Mobile, Ala. next week when they coach in the Senior Bowl.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/01/mike-nolan-43-is-the-miami-dolphins-new-defensive-coordinator-a-source-tells-the-miami-herald--we-are-searching-for-a-sec.html

This is real good news as I know some were worrying if he would be there

Quadfather
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
which side are we coaching, at what kind of defensive talent is on that team?

FinSolari
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Which LBs are the dolphins going to mainly scout besides Brandon Spikes?

SRM
01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Gonna see if I can make it to the Senior Bowl this year, I'm really close to it. Then I could see the scheming he'll do with the D up close :D

Mcganiel
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Here's the link for the roster of the Senior Bowl.
http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

ChambersWI
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Which LBs are the dolphins going to mainly scout besides Brandon Spikes?

since I don't know who is on what team, I'll list potential guys to look at

OLB/DE Brandon Graham, Michigan
LB Eric Norwood, South Carolina
LB Jamar Chaney Miss State
OLB/DE Antonio Coleman, Auburn
OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
OLB/DE Brandon Lang, Troy
OLB/DE George Selvie, USF
LB Cameron Sheffield, Troy
LB Darryl Washington TCU
LB Sean Weatherspoon LB, Mizzou

I also expect us to look at
NT Dan Williams Tennessee
NT Shaun Cody Alabama

That's about all I see on the senior bowl site as guys we'd like in the front 7.

FinSolari
01-19-2010, 04:04 PM

OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
LB Darryl Washington TCU

NT Shaun Cody Alabama

That's about all I see on the senior bowl site as guys we'd like in the front 7.

Wow, that is an impressive group of players, I will definitely see the senior bowl now. Thanks for that list ChambersWI. :up:

j-off-her-doll
01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Graham and Witherspoon are two of my favorites from the list. I'm also interested in Lang, but I know very little about him.

Unless Cody really falls, I don't see us drafting him or Williams.

FinAtic8480
01-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Guys here is an Interesting Stat out of the three times Nolan coached the Senior Bowl. He came out with three starting LBs. Those LBs are Patrick Willis, Manny Lawson & Parys Haralson, all starters for the 49ers.

Nice Stat I must say.

Quadfather
01-19-2010, 04:13 PM

OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
LB Darryl Washington TCU

NT Shaun Cody Alabama

do you mean terrance cody? id take him in round 2, not with the first pick though.

FinAtic8480
01-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Nolan can also help Sparano coach the Senior Bowl & give him some tips on what has worked for him.

Nublar7
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Well, I kind of expected Nolan would be at the Senior Bowl. Wouldn't make sense to hire him and not take him along.

FinAtic8480
01-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, I kind of expected Nolan would be at the Senior Bowl. Wouldn't make sense to hire him and not take him along.

Some were worried he might not coach since he is a new hire and some time they take time to get adjusted. If anything it is good to talk about what Nolan has done at Senior Bowl after all this will be his fourth trip.

SR 7
01-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Guys here is an Interesting Stat out of the three times Nolan coached the Senior Bowl. He came out with three starting LBs. Those LBs are Patrick Willis, Manny Lawson & Parys Haralson, all starters for the 49ers.

Nice Stat I must say.

I'm telling you wtch out for Spoon as our pick at 12.
either way this draft is going to be LB heavy, i expect at least 3 new LBs.

72champagne
01-19-2010, 04:39 PM
if anyone wants to set up a virgin tebow pancake stand over there that week i know some investors. all i want is 50% of the leftovers for ebay.

RockyMtnPhinfan
01-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I wonder if this weatherspoon kid ends up being our guy for Nolan. I have heard folks mention him in the same breath, as far as play making, with P. Willis.

MadDog 88
01-19-2010, 04:42 PM

OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
LB Darryl Washington TCU

NT Shaun Cody Alabama

That's about all I see on the senior bowl site as guys we'd like in the front 7.Brandon Graham was outstanding on a horrible Michigan defense. But he would have to transition off the line. Sean Weatherspoon is my guess who they will scout closest. He and McClain are comparable in attributes; however, he is quicker sideline to sideline. Key for helping in coverage.

SR 7
01-19-2010, 04:47 PM
difference btw spoon and McClain...Clain vry good with instincts Spoon best Cover LB and extremely fast and hard hitting and goes 110% all the time otherwise most things are in common.

rushfinfan85
01-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Hopefully they get a great look at spoon and like what they see this kid is going to be great

JFoxx
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Sr Bowl seems to be where a lot of decent mid-round talent can be found. It's very good players who need this to showcase their skills because they haven't necessarily been given all the hype some others have during the season. Usually are not a lot of 1st rounders at the Sr. Bowl unless they are trying to improve their stock. Risk vs. reward, risk injury in order to improve draft stock. Hence why a lot of top picks won't do this game anymore.

utahphinsfan
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
if anyone wants to set up a virgin tebow pancake stand over there that week i know some investors. all i want is 50% of the leftovers for ebay.

Feb 2nd over & over... see below (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes)

Phil (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): Yeah, three cheeseburgers, two large fries, two chocolate shakes and one large coke. [
Ralph (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0653959/): [to Phil] And some flapjacks.
Phil (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): [to Cop] Too early for flapjacks?

ckparrothead
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Judging by the roster I see Weatherspoon more likely being placed on the North squad, coached by the Lions.

Nolan will coach Brandon Spikes and I find that to be very interesting because I've already heard from two or three separate sources that the Dolphins like Spikes a lot...and that was before Nolan arrived with his reputation for appreciating aggressive hitters and blitzing.

Mr772
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
No way Weatherspoon falls to us in the 2nd I don't even think he will make it out of the 1st round. I think we take a big nose tackle in the 1st. Dan Williams seems like the fit that is working out in most scenarios that I come up with.

Mr772
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Judging by the roster I see Weatherspoon more likely being placed on the North squad, coached by the Lions.

Nolan will coach Brandon Spikes and I find that to be very interesting because I've already heard from two or three separate sources that the Dolphins like Spikes a lot...and that was before Nolan arrived with his reputation for appreciating aggressive hitters and blitzing.

I like his aggressive play but I don't like how much he reminds me of Joey Porter. Maybe he can eye-gouge Brady or Sanchez for us?

Phinatic8u
01-21-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm telling you wtch out for Spoon as our pick at 12.
either way this draft is going to be LB heavy, i expect at least 3 new LBs.

In your opinion do you think Spoon is better than McClain.

JT-forpresident
01-21-2010, 05:05 PM

OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
LB Darryl Washington TCU

NT Shaun Cody Alabama

when will we know what team the dolphins are coaching ??? (i might be a tad late here too, if it's already been determined, please tell me ! :lol: )