PDA

View Full Version : Kiper has McClain going to Miami is 1st round

sensation24
01-20-2010, 11:53 PM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/01/20/mel-kiper-jrs-first-mock-draft-sends-alabama-linebacker-rolando-mcclain-to-the-dolphins/

"Kiper, who posted his first mock draft (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4841432) today, thinks Alabama inside linebacker Rolando McClain would the right player for the Dolphins to begin beefing up their D."

"Kiper also said the Dolphins could opt for Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant if he’s available. But Kiper projects Bryant - the draft’s top WR - as the No. 10 pick by the Denver Broncos, who’ll likely part ways with Brandon Marshall during the off-season."

This would be sick if miami were to draft McClain and sign Marshall. That would be just the splash in free agency and the draft to really put miami in serious contention for the division.

JRoX85
01-20-2010, 11:55 PM
I couldn't agree more

josekareh
01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Just to think about the possiblity, I get goosebumps... a good offense and a great deffense

QrtBck13
01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Would be perfect. But i feel when he runs at the combine if he gets in the low 4.6 range high 4.5 range his stock could rocket.

NBP81
01-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Then just get a free safety who can catch a ball fallin' from the sky in slow motion and we're ready to do some damage...

uga3406
01-21-2010, 12:15 AM
We need a new crop of linebackers next year...McClain and Norwood would be a step in the right direction

callaway1234
01-21-2010, 12:41 AM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/01/20/mel-kiper-jrs-first-mock-draft-sends-alabama-linebacker-rolando-mcclain-to-the-dolphins/

"Kiper, who posted his first mock draft (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4841432) today, thinks Alabama inside linebacker Rolando McClain would the right player for the Dolphins to begin beefing up their D."

"Kiper also said the Dolphins could opt for Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant if he’s available. But Kiper projects Bryant - the draft’s top WR - as the No. 10 pick by the Denver Broncos, who’ll likely part ways with Brandon Marshall during the off-season."

This would be sick if miami were to draft McClain and sign Marshall. That would be just the splash in free agency and the draft to really put miami in serious contention for the division.
It would be awesome but Marshall would/will cost picks, no way they cut him outright.

aqua4life
01-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Would be perfect. But i feel when he runs at the combine if he gets in the low 4.6 range high 4.5 range his stock could rocket.
im thinking the same thing, im afraid that mcclain will run in the low 4.6 range.

Xeticus
01-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Us getting McClain would instantly upgrade our defense. That kid is smart and tough, a real defensive leader. I have my fingers crossed.

FinSolari
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM
I like Kiper's mock this time around, alot better than Brooks'!!

ckparrothead
01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Don't count out Spikes being Miami's target one way or another. Not only did hooshoops hear from Jeff Ireland himself that they like Spikes more than McClain, but I've heard corroborating evidence from other sources.

TheBow305
01-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Don't count out Spikes being Miami's target one way or another. Not only did hooshoops hear from Jeff Ireland himself that they like Spikes more than McClain, but I've heard corroborating evidence from other sources.

Ireland also said Jake Long was going to the "Pillar of our defense".

JT-forpresident
01-21-2010, 02:50 PM

interesting ...

j-off-her-doll
01-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I have to say that I'm liking Witherspoon - as of right now - better than Spikes or McClain. I'd rather draft E. Thomas in the 1st and take either Spikes or Spoon in the 2nd.

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 03:53 PM

any others you're hearing evidence on for us???

ghostface95
01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
slim chance that Weatherspoon won't fall to the 2nd round, and even IF he does it's even slimmer of a chance that he's available when we pick in the 2nd round

SouthPaul
01-21-2010, 05:44 PM
I was watching ESPN at lunch and they had Kiper and McShay on. McShay said that Rolando McCalin was the most NFL ready player in the draft and that he will have the biggest impact of all the rookies this upcoming season.

Roman529
01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd be happy with McClain, Bryant or CJ Spiller....depends on who is available and what we might do through free agency. I think we could also possibly trade down for extra picks.

MP-Omnis
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
The only way I'd be happy with a trade down is if we score Brandon Graham and Brandon Spikes because of it.

j-off-her-doll
01-21-2010, 06:57 PM
slim chance that Weatherspoon won't fall to the 2nd round, and even IF he does it's even slimmer of a chance that he's available when we pick in the 2nd round

When was the last time 3 ILB's went before the mid-2nd? I think that either Spikes or Spoon will be there - probably Spikes. Again, I'm not sure that Spikes and Spoon aren't better than McClain. I'm almost positive that they'd be MUCH better values in the 2nd - as opposed to McClain in the 1st.

bert
01-21-2010, 07:42 PM
i read that spikes was falling big.that he was exposed against bama,and in the nfl it will be worse.smoke and mirors people.nice pick in the 2nd,no way in the 1st.

jlfin
01-21-2010, 10:16 PM
I'd be happy with McClain, Bryant or CJ Spiller....depends on who is available and what we might do through free agency. I think we could also possibly trade down for extra picks.

I've read that Bryant has retained Eugene Parker as his agent. Of all possible picks at 12, IMO Bryant has the greatest chance of having a lengthy holdout.
At this stage in their development, the Phins cannot afford any setbacks. They can't afford to have their 1st pick sign his contract on the day following the final preseason game. They have to hit the ground running from week 1.
If McClain isn't there, they should trade down or take Spiller.

j-off-her-doll
01-21-2010, 10:43 PM
I've read that Bryant has retained Eugene Parker as his agent. Of all possible picks at 12, IMO Bryant has the greatest chance of having a lengthy holdout.
At this stage in their development, the Phins cannot afford any setbacks. They can't afford to have their 1st pick sign his contract on the day following the final preseason game. They have to hit the ground running from week 1.

I tend to agree with you a great deal, but I think Earl Thomas would be a great pick at 12.

Nawledge
01-21-2010, 11:16 PM
i want McClain with the first pick

GeauxFinns3705
01-22-2010, 11:12 PM
im thinking the same thing, im afraid that mcclain will run in the low 4.6 range.

Thats a good thing. If he runs 4.67, that won't cause him to shoot up to be a surefire top ten pick. If a guy at his size runs a 4.57, he might be a top 5 pick.

I personally don't care what he clocks at...he can play. He will be a major force in this league. The team that gets him is going to be instantly tougher. I hope like hell its Miami, even though I will be in Iraq and not able to watch any games.

GeauxFinns3705
01-22-2010, 11:15 PM

If EP reps DB, then any team is crazy if they draft him before #20. I might take him off my draft board altogether. With Parker, one thing is guaranteed...DB will be a lengthy holdout and you won't have him avail until after the season starts. Hes good, but not that damn good.

hooshoops
01-22-2010, 11:39 PM
taking bryant off the board because of his agent is rediculous...i don't believe for one second that parcells and ireland are afraid to take bryant because of his representation...

despite armando trying to stir stuff up that way...

let him fall to #12 and jump on him...we'll all be very glad we did

xxGrizzxx
01-23-2010, 05:28 PM

Smoke and mirrors...all part of the game.

HurriPhin
01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
We need a new crop of linebackers next year...McClain and Norwood would be a step in the right direction

Agreed. Much like the Smith/Davis combo that Parcells & Co. drafted last year.