RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm here, anyone else?

albyfinfan
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
im here

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Welcome brother; Most people seem to be coming at 7:30. Thought we could discuss certain players and stuff

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Anyone you have in mind?

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Armando reported that the Dolphins had some interest in CJ Spiller today. I really hope this acts out. I think CJ Spiller is the best offensive player in the draft

ColonelJ
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Real, the draft appears to be deep in pass catching tight ends. Historically, only about 2 TE per round are selected.

1. Epps or Graham; which would be a better immediate starter? Who blocks better, since both seem to have decent hands, although Epps seems more fluid.

2. What other TEs in later rounds have the same kind of appeal, catching/blocking, that may improve our consistency and attack?

albyfinfan
01-21-2010, 08:08 PM
i would love cj if we can some way get ronnie traded for a 2nd(would love a 1st but..), but i think def should be our main concern at least in the first two rounds

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey Buddy,

I am a big fan of Jimmy Graham. The guys' size immediatly stands out at you. He is a converted basketball player so his athleticism is through the roof. I have seen Graham selected in Round 3-6 but ultimatly I think this guy goes in Round 4. He is a much better blocker than given credit for which was evident in their bowl game against Wisconsin. Decent pass receiver as well

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Dedrick Epps is more of vertical threat than Graham. Epps will be around in Round 6 . You have to like both Graha (6"8, 260 lbs) and Epps (6"4, 255 lbs) size. I like Graham because of his ability in the red-zone. He accounted for 5 TD's in the red-zone this season

albyfinfan
01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Real, im with you on Jimmy, great size, athletic, and being a UM fan i would love to see him in a fins uni, i also think he can be had in the 4th

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
My current Rankins of Tight End's are as follows.....

1-Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma
2-Aaron Hernandez-Florida
3-Rob Gronkowski-Arizona
4-Anthony McCoy-USC
5-Jimmy Graham-Miami
6-Ed Dickson-Oregon
7-Tony Moeki-Iowa
8-Colin Peek-Alabama
9-Dennis Pitta-BYU
10-Garrett Graham-Wisconsin

In the later rounds I like Andrew Quarless of Penn State, Nate Byham of Pitts, and Dedrick Epps of the U

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
In the later rounds Jeff Cumberland of Illinois has good speed in the 4.49 range . CK who post on here did a nice write up on him

ChadHenne
01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Dennis Pitta number 9????

Wow, that is sickening to see.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm working on my newest Mock and it's yet to be finalized as I will do some tweaking but the first 4 rounds I have the Fins getting...

1-Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
2-Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan
3-Rob Gronkowski-TE-Arizona
4-Mike Williams-WR-Syracuse

albyfinfan
01-21-2010, 08:18 PM
wow Dennis Pitta at 9, i thought he was much better than that, just lookin at his numbers i thought hed be in the top 5 at least

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:19 PM
You have Pitta higher? He can't block worth a lick and while he is a dynamic receiving option our system requires the Tight End's to block. We are a run first team and Pitta's blocking limitations would kill our offense

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I will not question Pitta's pass receiving ability's...

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Armando reported that the Dolphins had some interest in CJ Spiller today. I really hope this acts out. I think CJ Spiller is the best offensive player in the draft

I think we should easily be interested in Spiller in some way simply because of what he brings to the table. Runs well, catches well, returns kicks...the guy is a homerun threat plain and simple. He knows how to make the moves and have defensive players miss the tackles.

He's a great player and even though he's listed under 200 lbs., he has a solid build.

kwill29
01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey real, I don't watch much big 10 football. Hows Brandon Graham look? Strengths, Weaknesses? Whose he compare to in the NFL?

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Tremendous receiver as he just passed Austin Collie's BYU receiving record but a terrible in-line blocker

RealDriscoll
Hello Everyone...

WelcomeBack
Hey real, I don't watch much big 10 football. Hows Brandon Graham look? Strengths, Weaknesses? Whose he compare to in the NFL?

Odds are you're going to hear a lot of comparisons to LaMarr Woodley.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Brandon Graham is a guy I love to play SOLB in our system. CK Compared him to Lamarr Woodley and it's very accurate. He led the nation in tackles for a loss last season. In four conference games Graham accounted for 10.5 sacks which shows me he plays up for big games. Great straight-line speed as well and a solid tackler. Love this guy

BARF
we are talking about te's really, wow, i do prefer spiller, if we could trade someone for a second rounder that would be awesome, how bout rb, in the first, and 2 lb's in the second, would be nice

albyfinfan
Odds are you're going to hear a lot of comparisons to LaMarr Woodley.
not a bad comparison

kwill29
01-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Brandon Graham is a guy I love to play SOLB in our system. CK Compared him to Lamarr Woodley and it's very accurate. He led the nation in tackles for a loss last season. In four conference games Graham accounted for 10.5 sacks which shows me he plays up for big games. Great straight-line speed as well and a solid tackler. Love this guy

You think there is a good shot we can get him in the second? Or will he slip up to the later 1st round?

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Graham could certainly slip to us in Round 2 with Jerry Hughes, Jason Paul Pierre, and Sergio Kindle being drafted before him..

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
we are talking about te's really, wow, i do prefer spiller, if we could trade someone for a second rounder that would be awesome, how bout rb, in the first, and 2 lb's in the second, would be nice

The more I think about it, the more I've been leaning to defense in the draft and offense in free agency. Of course that depends on who actually hits the market.

CK touched on it before, but if Braylon Edwards hits the market, don't be surprised to see the Phins go after him.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:27 PM
For my money CJ Spiller is the best offensive player in this draft. If we drafted him someone would bite on Ronnie Brown for a 2nd Rounder and if not we would have the best backfield I have ever seen. Spiller speed to the corner is lethal.. I'm talking maybe the best we have ever seen

hooshoops
2 guys who showed pretty well at the shrine practices at te...quarles and pitta

i like quarles upside don't like the off the field character stuff...

RealDriscoll
Braylon Edwards will be tendered by the Jets and will not hit the market; Miles Austin is going to be signed to a long term deal in Dallas. Our best bet is Antonio Bryant who is a fine player.

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Graham could certainly slip to us in Round 2 with Jerry Hughes, Jason Paul Pierre, and Sergio Kindle being drafted before him..

I think it depends on his showings in the off-season.

I think he plays the run better than those guys...but that could just be my opinion. And that moves him up higher.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah for me I like Tony Moeaki of Iowa, Dedrick Epps of Miami, Jermaine Gresham of Oklahoma, Aaron Hernandez of Florida, Gronkowski of Arizona or Jimmy Graham at Tight End. Everyone else is blah to me

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I suspect Paul-Pierre to be a Top 15 Pick; With Hughes and Kindle going mid to late 1st Round

kwill29
The more I think about it, the more I've been leaning to defense in the draft and offense in free agency. Of course that depends on who actually hits the market.

CK touched on it before, but if Braylon Edwards hits the market, don't be surprised to see the Phins go after him.

I just read on PFT the jets are going to put the highest tender on should there be no salary cap, and he is a RFA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/21/edwards-happy-to-stay-on-one-year-tender/

ColonelJ
Real,

How many OLBs do you see going in the first 50 picks? Who many ILBs in the first 50?

albyfinfan
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
For my money CJ Spiller is the best offensive player in this draft. If we drafted him someone would bite on Ronnie Brown for a 2nd Rounder and if not we would have the best backfield I have ever seen. Spiller speed to the corner is lethal.. I'm talking maybe the best we have ever seen
yea but would you like to spend a 1st on a RB still having Ronnie, come to think of it that would be a preet sick backfield, but we have sooo many other needs

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Braylon Edwards will be tendered by the Jets and will not hit the market; Miles Austin is going to be signed to a long term deal in Dallas. Our best bet is Antonio Bryant who is a fine player.

I'm not 100% sure Jets will tender him. I think it will depend on if they feel better about someone in free agency.

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I just read on PFT the jets are going to put the highest tender on should there be no salary cap, and he is a RFA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/21/edwards-happy-to-stay-on-one-year-tender/

I stand corrected.

Regardless...I think we look at only one wide receiver this year. I'm not entirely sure that the front office has given up on Patrick Turner like everyone else has.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Let's talk about the Wide Receiver position. Dez Bryant at #12 would be ideal and after that I don't see Benn of Illinois, Tate of Notre Dame, Williams of USC, or LaFell of LSU being true #1 or making any impact early. I like Mike Williams in Round 4 and think Parcells might look beyind his off field junk to take him. I love Mardy Gilyard in the DeSean Jackson mold. Antonio Bryant would be a viable #1 who could slide to #2 after we got someone else. Antonio Bryant, Ted Ginn Jr, Davone Bess, and Brian HArtline is a solid receiver core. The 2011 Draft might be the best ever for 1st Round Wide Receivers with Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt, Julio Jones of Bama, AJ Green of Georgia, and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame set to declare

BARF
01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
do not want braylon he drops too many balls, we already have too much of that

showstopper
01-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Edwards said he would be happy staying his last year with the Jets, probably because he knows the money won't be so great for him, the way he played this year

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah for me I like Tony Moeaki of Iowa, Dedrick Epps of Miami, Jermaine Gresham of Oklahoma, Aaron Hernandez of Florida, Gronkowski of Arizona or Jimmy Graham at Tight End. Everyone else is blah to me

I think you have to include Anthony McCoy in there. He does everything well. He had over 20 yards per catch this season.

RealDriscoll
This draft is loaded with talent. We have discussed Wide Receiver and Tight End but Linebackers is an area we need to improve. McClain, Spikes, and Weatherspoon would all be great addition to the interior of our defense; AJ Edds is a 4-3 Outside Linebacker who would shift inside in our defense but is a very good player.

Outside Linebackers I lik include Jerry Hughes of TCU, Brandon Graham of Michigan, Segio Kindle of Texas, Dexter Davis of Arizona State, Brandon Lang of Troy, and OBrien Schofield of Wisconsin

RealDriscoll
Yeah I do like McCoy..missed him. Do not like Pitta for our offense

ColonelJ
01-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Let's talk about the Wide Receiver position. Dez Bryant at #12 would be ideal and after that I don't see Benn of Illinois, Tate of Notre Dame, Williams of USC, or LaFell of LSU being true #1 or making any impact early. I like Mike Williams in Round 4 and think Parcells might look beyind his off field junk to take him. I love Mardy Gilyard in the DeSean Jackson mold. Antonio Bryant would be a viable #1 who could slide to #2 after we got someone else. Antonio Bryant, Ted Ginn Jr, Davone Bess, and Brian HArtline is a solid receiver core. The 2011 Draft might be the best ever for 1st Round Wide Receivers with Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt, Julio Jones of Bama, AJ Green of Georgia, and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame set to declare

I see Tate as DeSean Jackson type, only more physicial. I would not be surprised if NE went for LaFell or Tate or Shipley.

Spiller is an exciting player, but I am scared of exciting because when they fail they disappoint big time.

But let's say we take Spiller in the first. What do we do in the second?

BARF

i think we draft a wr in the later rounds, we have too many holes on the defensive side, i say we sign a wr,

albyfinfan
how about Marcus Easley from UConn, i tyhink in the 5th r 6th should sound right

RealDriscoll
If I had to grade positions ..

Quarterback: C

*Sure Bradofrd and Clausen will go high but Tebow? Snead? Colt McCoy?...

Running Back: B

*Spiller is a stud and Best has star potential. Ryan Matthews of Fresno State, Anthony Dixon of Mississippi State, Jonathan Dwyer of GT, Charles Scott of LSU, Ben Tate of Auburn, and Chris Brown of Oklahoma are good players

BARF
01-21-2010, 08:37 PM
i say in the second, we draft a wr, we mod def need to make a trade so we could have extra picks

showstopper
01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Real, how much better if anything is McClain as compared to Spoon?

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Here is the players I like for each Round....

CJ Spiller, Rolando McClain, Brandon Spikes, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas,

Brandon Graham, Mardy Gilyard, Terrence Cody,Jerry Hughes, Jason Worlids,Arrelious Benn, Brandon LaFell, Mike Iupati

AJ Edds, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Lang, Jeremy Williams, D'Anthony Smith, Sean Lee, Eric Norwood

4:
Jimmy Graham, Vince Oghobaase, Mike Williams, Anthony McCoy

Jimmy Graham, Jay Ross,

BARF
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
if we get 4 or 5 of those players we will be in good shape

WelcomeBack
Here is the players I like for each Round....

CJ Spiller, Rolando McClain, Brandon Spikes, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas,

Brandon Graham, Mardy Gilyard, Terrence Cody,Jerry Hughes, Jason Worlids,Arrelious Benn, Brandon LaFell, Mike Iupati

AJ Edds, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Lang, Jeremy Williams, D'Anthony Smith, Sean Lee, Eric Norwood

4:
Jimmy Graham, Vince Oghobaase, Mike Williams, Anthony McCoy

Jimmy Graham, Jay Ross,

Maybe my personal preference, but I add Spoon and Derrick Morgan in the 1st there.

RealDriscoll
I think McClain is a far superior player. He has great instincts and a high football IQ. Plays sideline to sideline and I love his leadership abilitites.

It's pointless to do Mock Drafts etc. now because the Draft starts with free agency. You have to see which needs are addressed in Free Agency. If we sign Karlos Dansby than drafting McClain in Round 1 loses some merit.

Earl Thomas is a special player.

showstopper
Isn't Sean Lee a little light for us?

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 08:44 PM
spoon needs clean looks...not great at getting off blocks at the 2nd level not great at sifting thru trash...needs a clean look where he can use that quick acceleration to the ball...

a 4-3 lb to me...

and for my eyes not on mcclains level

showstopper
01-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Is it possible that Spikes could be drafted with the thought of playing SOLB for us?

BARF
01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I think McClain is a far superior player. He has great instincts and a high football IQ. Plays sideline to sideline and I love his leadership abilitites.

It's pointless to do Mock Drafts etc. now because the Draft starts with free agency. You have to see which needs are addressed in Free Agency. If we sign Karlos Dansby than drafting McClain in Round 1 loses some merit.

Earl Thomas is a special player.

if we get dansby in re fa, i still think we will draft mcclain, you cannot have enough playmakers in the front 7, when does free agency start again

showstopper
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the McClain/Spoon comparisons Real/Hoops. Have seen a bunch of Bama' MLB but very little of Spoon, much appreciated.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Neal Driscoll's Current Draft Board

1) Ndamukong Suh-DT-Nebraska
2) Eric Berry-S-Tennessee
3)CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
4) Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
5) Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
6) Gerald McCoy-DT-Oklahoma
7) Russell Okung-OT-Oklahoma State
8) Earl Thomas-FS-Texas
9) Derrick Morgan-OLB-Georgia Tech
10) Joe Haden-CB-Florida
11) Sam Bradford-QB-Oklahoma
12) Jerry Hughes-OLB-TCU
13) Brandon Spikes-ILB-Florida
14) Jared Odrick-NT-Penn State
15) Jimmy Clausen-QB-Notre Dame
16) Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan
17) Jermaine Gresham-TE-Oklahoma
18) Carlos Dunlap-DE-Florida
19) Sean Weatherspoon-LB-Missouri
20) Jahvid Best-RB-Cal
21) Dan Williams-NT-Tennessee
22) Sergio Kindle-OLB-Texas
23_ Taylor Mays-SS-USC
24) Bryan Bulaga-OT-Iowa
25) Jason Paul-Pierre-DE/OLB-South Florida
26) Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho
27) Bruce Campbell-OT-Maryland
28) Golden Tate-WR-Notre Dame
29) Everson Griffen-DE-USC
30) Greg Hardy-DE_Mississippi

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the McClain/Spoon comparisons Real/Hoops. Have seen a bunch of Bama' MLB but very little of Spoon, much appreciated.

i'm sure others disagree with me but that's what i see...

anyways i'll get out of here...

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Free Agency starts March 12th

showstopper
Free agency starts on March 5

RealDriscoll
No man stay... good chat

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM
I believe Parcells knows we need a difference maker on offense and it doesn't have to be a receiver. Spiller is so lethal

RealDriscoll
At #12 we can't miss on CJ Spiller, Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, or Rolando McClain. One of them will be there!

ColonelJ
I would try to address RG, CB?S in later round.

How about, instead of Spiller.

1. OLB Graham
2. RB/WR Dexter McCluster (addresses the same type of thing as Spiller)
3. ILB Micah Johnson
4. OLB Sam Maxwell
6a. RG John Jerry Ole MIss
6b. TE Dedrick Epps
6c. FS/CB Kendrick Lewis Ole MIss

showstopper
01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow! Real, you and CK love that Odrick kid

BARF
01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
call me crazy but if spiller is there, i say we take him, then we draft back to back lb's in the second and third, and then a wr/te in the 4th round, most likely a te, i think wr we solve in free agency, any wr we bring in will be considered a good move compared to the garbage we had last year, i say we trade ginn for a pick that wr from the bc lions will our kr/pr so might as well get rid of him

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
No offense but I think Graham will be there at #43 and I think to hit a homerun in this draft McClain, Bryant, Thomas, or Spiller has to be the pick at #12. McCluster is a play maker but in Round 2? I Have a 4th grade on him and he is not a viable #1 and won't get manny carries on our running system. Micah Johnson is not in the draft; he decided not to declare. Sam Maxwell is 4 is a reach IMO. I love the Jerry and Epps picks

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Odrick reminds me of Haloti Ngata. I love me some Ngata

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Big Dog.. Not crazy at all bro. Spiller, Brandon Graham, Daryl Washington, Mike Williams

BARF
01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
the good thing with this draft it has a lot of playmakers, we will get some of them

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow! Real, you and CK love that Odrick kid

I believe ChambersWI is as well.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
If I had to mock today before free agency...

1-Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
2-Brandon Graham-SOLB-Michigan
3-Rob Gronkwoski-TE-Arizona
4-Mike Williams-WR-Syracuse
6A-Torrell Troup-NT-Central Florida
6B-John Jerry-OG-Mississippi
6C-Cam Thomas-NT-UNC
7A-AJ Jefferson-CB-Fresno State
7C-LaGarrette Blount-RB-Oregon

showstopper
01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Ngata, SWEET comparison, very interesting.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
If Odrick falls to Round 2 I'd go nuts to get him...You see Quarterbacks and Offensive Tackles get overrated for drafts and go higher than they should.... Clausen and Bradford are Top 6 players in the draft, Tebow could go to Round 1, Snead could go in Round 2 which is pathetic. Bruce Campbell of Maryland, Anthony Davis of Rutgers, Charles Brown of USC, Bryan Bulaga of Iowa, Russell Okung of Oklahoma State, and Trent Williams of Oklahoma could all go in Round 1. Good players like Odrick and Brandon Graham could fall into our laps...

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
In 2006 we drafted Jason Allen. We wanted Ngata so bad. We tried moving up but Baltimore moved in front of us.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
March 5th is when things start to take form. I suspect we will tagert Linebackers and Antonio Bryant in Free Agency. The next two drafts are crucial to our development as a team since they are so loaded with talent, Next year think we make playoffs and in 2011 I say we are very dangerous

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I got 30 more minutes... Anyone still here?

showstopper
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Ya I heard Saban was dying for Ngata, but we got Jason Allen, pretty even I'd say!

BARF
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
i could see a lot of teams reaching in this draft, especially the raiders, yeah i agree in 2011 we will be the team to beat

RealDriscoll
Ahaha I'd trade anyone besides Jake Long for Ngata

hooshoops
i haven't seen much tape of odrick yet but from the games i've seen without just keying on him he looks like a 3-4 end to me...more so than a nose

but again that's before really giving him a look see

ColonelJ
01-21-2010, 09:06 PM
No offense but I think Graham will be there at #43 and I think to hit a homerun in this draft McClain, Bryant, Thomas, or Spiller has to be the pick at #12.
Cool

McCluster is a play maker but in Round 2? I Have a 4th grade on him and he is not a viable #1 and won't get manny carries on our running system.
So you value board is based on our needs? Cool. I don't believe McCluster lasts past 2d.

Micah Johnson is not in the draft
Sad News for me:boohoo:
Sam Maxwell is 4 is a reach IMO. I love the Jerry and Epps picks
:thanks:

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Taylor Mays, Bruce Campbell, and Carlos Dunlap have Raiders written all over them

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:07 PM
If we combined all our of minds we would be like Super General Manager

showstopper
01-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Scott Wright from Draft Countdown is releasing his newest mock tomorrow, should be interesting, he knows his stuff. But like you said Real, free agency will destroy every mock done this early.

BARF
If we combined all our of minds we would be like Super General Manager

very true we could have done a better job than cam, and wanny

WelcomeBack
Micah Johnson is not in the draft; he decided not to declare.

Could have sworn he's a senior...

ColonelJ
Ahaha I'd trade anyone besides Jake Long for Ngata

Jake Long for Ngata straight up. Heck, theere 5 LT in this draft right where we are picking. I don't think there is Ngata after Suh goes.

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah I don't put much work into until after free agency. Now I evaluate film and games; get players ranked where I think they belond; watch the combine than I get into "Mock Mode"

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Micah is a Senior but didn't declare b/c of his injury. Might be in the supplemental draft

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 09:10 PM
micah johnson is in the draft...how can you be high on him dolginn and not know that???

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Micah is a Senior but didn't declare b/c of his injury. Might be in the supplemental draft

I didn't hear of that anywhere. Did he get a medical redshirt?

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM

are you sure real??? that's the first i heard of that...

showstopper
Micah Johnson is eligible as a 6th year senior and is going back to school

RealDriscoll
I heard he was sitting out a season due to injury? Can anyone confirm?

hooshoops
I didn't hear of that anywhere. Did he get a medical redshirt?

how do you get a medical redshirt when you play the entire season??? dinged up

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah I thought he was returning to school because he wnated a higher draft grade

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Micah Johnson is eligible as a 6th year senior and is going back to school

It would be 5th year I believe. He never redshirted.

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
how do you get a medical redshirt when you play the entire season??? dinged up

Exactly my point. There is no way for him to do so.

He's in the draft.

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
somebody post a link...cause i've been watching his tape for nothing if that's the case...

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
somebody post a link...cause i've been watching his tape for nothing if that's the case...

I don't see anyway he could have gotten an extra year of eligibility.

FinsGonnaRock06
i think the Trifecta continues with the same plan as they started with, Big, Physical, Smart players, they will not fall in love with any particular player, they will have many of the above mentioned types spread throughout there draft board.

RealDriscoll
I am not sure on this one. Calling all draft gods hahaha

truphinsfan
01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
My wish list

1st Round) Rolando McClain - ILB
2nd Round) Arrelious Benn - WR
3rd Round) Sean Weatherspoon - OLB
4th Round) Torrell Troup - DT

ColonelJ
So:

1a. Spiller ; 1b. McClain; 1c. ?? (Hughes?)
2a. Spikes? 2b. Graham? 2c. Spikes? Norwood?
3a. ???????

WelcomeBack
My wish list

1st Round) Rolando McClain - ILB
2nd Round) Arrelious Benn - WR
3rd Round) Sean Weatherspoon - OLB
4th Round) Torrell Troup - DT

Weatherspoon is 1st round talent.

RealDriscoll
The trifecta's plan backfired on Pat White and Pat Turner. The jury is out on White but I am convinced Patrick Turner will not develop into a good player. Lacks speed and struggles getting off the line

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah Weatherspoon will not be there in Round 3

ColonelJ
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM
micah johnson is in the draft...how can you be high on him dolginn and not know that???

This is the first time I read that he is not in the draft. Sorry. Even if he is not, I still have a back up crush: Daryl Washington!:hi5:

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Weatherspoon is 1st round talent.

agreed...but for a 4-3 lol

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:18 PM
The trifecta's plan backfired on Pat White and Pat Turner. The jury is out on White but I am convinced Patrick Turner will not develop into a good player. Lacks speed and struggles getting off the line

Can't judge Turner off of one season in the NFL in which he didn't even play.

The coaches activated just 4 wide receivers...and Hartline got the edge cause he was able to learn the offense quicker. He also is able to play all wide receiver spots and help on special teams. So he got the edge over Turner.

showstopper
01-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Don't see either Pat being any good. Had a sore stomache, when both calls came in on draft weekend. Sean Smith was like Pepto Bismo

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I cannot reiterate enough the Spiller, Bryant, Thomas, and McClain are the only picks I want at 12.

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:19 PM
agreed...but for a 4-3 lol

Haha, that may be his best fit.

As a 4-3 end may be for Derrick Morgan. However, I'm not counting either one out of a 3-4 defense. I think they are both talented enough to transition and do it well.

ColonelJ
01-21-2010, 09:20 PM
So Real:
IF Spiller, McClain and Bryant are taken, you want Earl Thomas?

RealDriscoll
I went to training camp and saw Patrick Turner. Caught the ball well and ran nice routes but I don't have faith in a guy who cannot crack a spot in our receiving core

hooshoops
daryl washington??? the guy who's really thin torsoed in a 3-4??? i see another 4-3 lb there also

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Yes sign me up. I love Earl Thomas and think Free Safety was our most vulnerable position last season. I like Thomas almost as much as Eric Berry

RealDriscoll
Washington lacks 3-4 Inside Linebacker size...

showstopper
Spiller and Ronnie would be an awesome duo! And no, just because Spiller is taken at 12 doesn't mean Brown gets traded for a 2nd, won't happen.

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:23 PM
daryl washington??? the guy who's really thin torsoed in a 3-4??? i see another 4-3 lb there also

Ever since that Iowa - GT game, and TedSlimmJr and CK's conversation...

I'm on board with Edds as a 3-4 ILB.

RealDriscoll
Sorry I watching this Captials/ Penguins game closely. Die-Hard Caps fan

truphinsfan
So Real:
IF Spiller, McClain and Bryant are taken, you want Earl Thomas?

If McClain and Bryant are off the board best thing would be to trade down and get more draft picks

RealDriscoll
AJ Edds is a beast; Ronnie Brown was being dangelled last off-season. We would certainly move Brown for a 2nd Rounder

ColonelJ
"
Five Cats to be at combine
Five University of Kentucky seniors cornerback Trevard Lindley, linebacker Micah Johnson, fullback John Conner, linebacker Sam Maxwell and defensive tackle Corey Peters have received invites to the NFL Combine Feb. 24-March 2 in Indianapolis. Peters was also invited to the East-West Shrine Game on Jan. 23 in Orlando but will sit out to rest a minor shoulder injury suffered in the Music City Bowl. Peters is expected to be 100 percent for the Combine. Another UK senior, running back Alfonso Smith, will play in the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Game on Feb. 6 in El Paso, Texas"
http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/1098702.html?storylink=omni_popular

showstopper
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
But if Washington is too small for 3-4, isn't Sean Lee as well?

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Nah don't trade down stay put and draft CJ Spiller or Earl Thomas

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Sean Lee needs to bulk up. Before his injury was a 1st Round talent..

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Ever since that Iowa - GT game, and TedSlimmJr and CK's conversation...

I'm on board with Edds as a 3-4 ILB.

yeah i agree with that...great size and elite at coverage...gonna have to work at sifting thru trash and using his hands to get off blocks...

definitely a guy at #74 to look at...i had 4th round i now have a solid 3rd round grade on him

WelcomeBack
01-21-2010, 09:26 PM
yeah i agree with that...great size and elite at coverage...gonna have to work at sifting thru trash and using his hands to get off blocks...

definitely a guy at #74 to look at...i had 4th round i now have a solid 3rd round grade on him

Agreed.

showstopper
01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I heard those Ronnie Brown trade rumours, but were they true? Honestly?

RealDriscoll
01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I got to run guys. Let's do this again soon. Maybe next Thurday?

showstopper
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks Real and guys for the info, I can do 2 weeks from today, business trip to Portland next week.

hooshoops
01-21-2010, 09:38 PM
But if Washington is too small for 3-4, isn't Sean Lee as well?

i think washington is 6 ft 2 and 240 lbs but he's got a really thin mid section for my eyes and i don't see a guy who's gonna take on blockers and get thru trash...

another guy i think who needs clean looks...a 4-3 guy to me

SF Dolphin Fan
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM

I agree. Besides his obvious speed, I love Spiller's field vision which could make him elite. Image him in the wildcat and mismatches against linebackers. There isn't a lb who can cover him now that Brooks is gone.

j-off-her-doll
01-21-2010, 11:15 PM
With the hiring of Nolan, I'm leaning toward E. Thomas even ahead of D. Bryant. I think that they'll both be starts - Bryant being the slightly better prospect - but a dominate ball-hawk will be essential to making our D top-5 for years to come. After Thomas and Bryant, I'm entertain the thought of Spiller, but I feel like we'd be losing too much elsewhere as a result. I don't want McClain at 12 because of the other ILB's that will be there in RD 2 and 3.

BARF
01-22-2010, 01:17 AM
I don't want McClain at 12 because of the other ILB's that will be there in RD 2 and 3.

i just got off the phone with my cousin in telling him that if we could another explosive position with pick 12 go for it, this is the deepest lb class in years, we could get some other lb's in round 2 and 3 like you said, if spiller is there at 12 i would take him, not to sure bout earl thomas do not like his size

ChambersWI
01-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Just got finished reading the thread. Good stuff Driscoll. Couple thoughts.

1.Yes I do like Odrick, he's a local prospect from close to me, and I got to watch him play 4 years at PSU. The only D-Linemen that was more dominant than him this year was Suh. I'm a bit hesitant to put him high on our draft board cause I think he'd be a DE, but he has similar measurements to Jay Ratliff so he could play NT.

2.I love Sean Lee too. Never got the same recognition former teammates Paul Posluzney or Dan Connor got, but Lee is more athletic (which was the big thing with Connor and Poz). Won't be picked in the first two rounds IMO, but would be a good value in 3 of 4. Smart, and can drop into coverage.

3.Drisoll you put a list of who the pick should be. I like all those names, but you have to admit, more names will emerge as we get closer. Mobile, Combine, Pro Days, and workouts. Not to mention some lesser talked about underclassmen getting evaluated.

4.You name a lot of good OTs. I'll name another shooting up draft boards; Vladimir Ducasse out of UMASS.

5.No love for Toby Gerhart? I know some view him more as a FB, but his running style and pass catching ability will make him a valuable asset for some team.

6. I highly doubt we touch Mike Williams.

j-off-her-doll
01-22-2010, 03:44 PM
i just got off the phone with my cousin in telling him that if we could another explosive position with pick 12 go for it, this is the deepest lb class in years, we could get some other lb's in round 2 and 3 like you said, if spiller is there at 12 i would take him, not to sure bout earl thomas do not like his size

He's pretty similar in size to Ed Reed.