PDA

View Full Version : Burger King to sell beer, Whoppers at new South Beach bar

BAMAPHIN 22
01-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Burger King will unveil plans Friday to open a new Whopper Bar in South Beach that will sell beer and burgers, USA Today reports.

The bar is scheduled to open in mid-February.

The plans don't include selling beer at conventional Burger Kings.

More Whopper Bars could be coming to New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, says Chuck Fallon, president of Miami-based Burger King North America.

A beer at the new Whopper Bar -- served in special aluminum bottles to keep them extra cold -- is expected to cost $4.25.

A Whopper combo with a beer will cost $7.99 -- about $2 more than the same meal with a fountain drink.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-south-beach-whopper-bar-20100122,0,5266993.story

SpurzN703
01-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Interesting. I've never had a beer with fast food before

Adam First
01-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Genius marketing strategy, in my opinion.

Burgers are always big business, and if you have a place on South Beach that serves cheap eats AND beer it's sure to be a big draw.

I'd like to eat at Joe's Stone Crab like everyone else, but most of us don't have $100 to blow on a single meal...lord knows everything is so expensive in South Beach, for no good reason at all

Noodle Arm
01-22-2010, 12:15 PM
They have a BK Bar here in Orlando...but the thing is, they messed up their liquor license so now they can't sell alcohol. What a ra-tard.

GoonBoss
01-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I think it's brilliant.

Bumpus
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Is there anything that beer does not go well with?

JT-forpresident
01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
beer + fast food %?

someone is going to die :lol:

Dolphins7273
01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
beer + fast food %?

someone is going to die :lol:

It's no different than having a BBQ burger with beer...

JT-forpresident
01-22-2010, 03:19 PM
It's no different than having a BBQ burger with beer...

i don't know about you, but my BBQ burgers are 10000000 times healthier than BK's ...

Tetragrammaton
01-22-2010, 03:33 PM
They have a BK Bar here in Orlando...but the thing is, they messed up their liquor license so now they can't sell alcohol. What a ra-tard.

Where was that, exactly?

callaway1234
01-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Where was that, exactly?
If I'm not mistaken it's in the downtown area of Universal Studios (the area before you enter either of the parks).

Noodle Arm
01-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Where was that, exactly?

Like calloway1234 mentioned, it's in Citywalk on the 2nd floor by the movie theater.

CedarPhin
01-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Fantastic news.

dreday
01-23-2010, 09:07 PM
that will be tight….hopefully they run a promo like buy 1 cheese burger with beer or hennessy and weed and get a free lap dance,massage with a happy ending..

on the other hand,big deal.some mcDonald’s in european countries have been selling beer for years.

i guess its a big deal for americans here, b/c most don’t know anything about self control.can’t drink til 21, but you can fight a war,etc,etc,etc.SMH at our system.i loved growing up in germany and miss it to this day!!

1 dol fan
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM
that will be tight….hopefully they run a promo like buy 1 cheese burger with beer or hennessy and weed and get a free lap dance,massage with a happy ending..

on the other hand,big deal.some mcDonald’s in european countries have been selling beer for years.

i guess its a big deal for americans here, b/c most don’t know anything about self control.can’t drink til 21, but you can fight a war,etc,etc,etc.SMH at our system.i loved growing up in germany and miss it to this day!!
I don't intend to sound rude but perhaps future happiness lies in your home country.

1 dol fan
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
The real question is what kind of beer will it be? will it be on tap? is there a drink limit? Is there a ladies night?

dreday
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't intend to sound rude but perhaps future happiness lies in your home country.

i think you need to reread the post holmes...

CedarPhin
01-25-2010, 11:25 PM

It's the same way for most places around the world, at least the ones I've been to anyway.

CedarPhin
01-25-2010, 11:25 PM
The real question is what kind of beer will it be? will it be on tap? is there a drink limit? Is there a ladies night?

Will the Burger King be the bartender?

BobDole
01-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Will the Burger King be the bartender?

if that dude in the commercials was the bartender i'd be drinking there daily in anticipation of him freaking people out. that guy is the best.

eger
01-27-2010, 05:08 PM

Yep it's in City Walk, great when you get out of the club drunk and need something to eat.