PDA

View Full Version : Could we get Brandon Spikes in the 2nd round?

AphexPhin
01-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Just curious if he would fall all the way into the 2nd round. Anyone think that could happen?

This draft is very deep and depending if some teams throw some picks out of left field that make you go "WTF", maybe he could slide that far and we could pick him up. (If McClain is already taken in the 1st round of course)

Ozfin77
01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Alot will depend on how he works at the combine etc.

At this stage I'd see him as a mid to late 1st Rounder.

BobDole
01-22-2010, 10:04 PM
people are saying he might based on his lack of speed. i have watched him play every down in his college career and i do not at all see how that is justified - i've seen him go stride for stride well down the field in coverage - on WR's - many a time. if we pass on him in the first, he won't be there for us in the second - which would be a real shame.

Dajesus
01-22-2010, 10:40 PM
I could see him dropping to late in the 1st round due to a slow 40 time, that many think he will run, but no way he gets out of the 1st round. If he did drop to us in the 2nd round even if we took McClain(oh I hope we do) and Spikes is available we should grab him as well. Akin and Torbor are big dissapointments, and Crowder finished the season on IR, and has not proven to be an impact player. When playing a 3-4 you can never have enough good MLBs, so drafting McClain and Spikes would not be a crazy move.

j-off-her-doll
01-22-2010, 10:44 PM
I think that there's a good chance he'll drop to us in the 2nd.

ILB's aren't typically drafted very high. McClain could well be a top-10 pick, but that would be the exception to the rule. After that, you have Witherspoon, Spikes, and Johnson (in that order, as far as I judge them). Witherspoon will probably get drafted in the late 1st, but he could slip into the early 2nd. There's even a small - albeit very small - chance he'll fall to us.

With all the surrounding talent in the first three rounds, I just don't see three ILB's going before we draft in the 2nd. It could happen, but I don't think it will.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2010, 12:19 AM
he might drop to the second but i dont think he will drop to far into the second where we would be able to draft him

Ricky_Fan34
01-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Remember Rey Mualuga... I really wanted Mualuga. It's too bad he didn't quite fall far enough.

BARF
01-23-2010, 12:29 AM
i see him going to the titans, they are getting old at lb, he will not make it out of the first, there are still some good lb's in the second though

ckparrothead
01-23-2010, 01:11 AM
I think if he made it to our pick in the second round, this staff would be ALL OVER him. However, they might pause to think about it when it comes to a first round pick because there could be guys like Dez Bryant, C.J. Spiller, Derrick Morgan or maybe even Eric Berry available...and let's face it, they're just better prospects than Spikes.

I've heard from multiple reliable sources that Miami really likes Brandon Spikes. Mike Nolan only made Spikes MORE of a choice for Miami because of the way Nolan likes to have the blitz come from anywhere on any given play.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2010, 01:13 AM
i see him going to the titans, they are getting old at lb, he will not make it out of the first, there are still some good lb's in the second though
i would be suprised if he became a Patriot have him and mayo as there two starting ILB would be pretty good for them, Arizona might be a spot you might see him at to if they let Dansby walk

miami234ever
01-23-2010, 01:53 AM
I think if he made it to our pick in the second round, this staff would be ALL OVER him. However, they might pause to think about it when it comes to a first round pick because there could be guys like Dez Bryant, C.J. Spiller, Derrick Morgan or maybe even Eric Berry available...and let's face it, they're just better prospects than Spikes.

I've heard from multiple reliable sources that Miami really likes Brandon Spikes. Mike Nolan only made Spikes MORE of a choice for Miami because of the way Nolan likes to have the blitz come from anywhere on any given play.

Oh, the things I would do if Eric Berry were available at #12...

Kdawg954
01-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Berry at 12 would be incredibile .

Imagine this draft:

1. Eric Berry - FS
2. Brandon Spikes - ILB
3. Brandon Lang - OLB
4. Jimmy Graham - TE

Give us a WR and a NT in Free Agency . . . talk about plugging holes in one offseason.

dr.jake
01-23-2010, 12:30 PM
me thinks spikes has dropped out of the first. 2nd team all american. i can't say he'll drop to the 40's but imo second round.

EFWilson
01-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Like some people have said. Where Spikes gets drafted will depend on how he works out. I would be surprised if he made it out of the 1st round unless he runs a really bad 40 or something. As many teams as there are that now run the 3-4 LB's are at a premium.

SRM
01-23-2010, 12:50 PM
To be honest, I don't really care what Spikes runs his 40 in. From what I've seen, he plays the actual game just as fast as anyone. So, if he runs a crappy 40 and falls because of that, then ok, that's fine. :D

2413fanphins
01-23-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm still hoping for mcclain, but I would literally poop my pants if berry fell to us.

if I didn't have to go, I would take a laxative, and push until I crapped my pants!!!!

Being from Iowa, I would like to see us land one of either pat angerer or aj edds. they are gamers. I'm not sure at all where they are projected to go but it can't be any later than the third, and I would think they will both come off in the second at some point.

CK... got anything on my boys from iowa???

HurriPhin
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Crowder and Spikes as our ILB's???

No Thanks. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch those two orange and blue morons take the field for us.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Just curious if he would fall all the way into the 2nd round. Anyone think that could happen?

This draft is very deep and depending if some teams throw some picks out of left field that make you go "WTF", maybe he could slide that far and we could pick him up. (If McClain is already taken in the 1st round of course)

I think so. Look what happened last year with Rey, Rey and Laurinatius. If those two can drop to the 2nd, then I'd say there's a good chance.

Clipse
01-23-2010, 04:30 PM
I could see him dropping to late in the 1st round due to a slow 40 time, that many think he will run, but no way he gets out of the 1st round. If he did drop to us in the 2nd round even if we took McClain(oh I hope we do) and Spikes is available we should grab him as well. Akin and Torbor are big dissapointments, and Crowder finished the season on IR, and has not proven to be an impact player. When playing a 3-4 you can never have enough good MLBs, so drafting McClain and Spikes would not be a crazy move.
I would jizz my pants if we landed McClain and Spikes. Any combination of McClain, Spikes, and Micah Johnson is fine with me. I like Weatherspoon too, though I see him as more of a 4-3 MLB. As for if he can fall to the 2nd round. It's possible. ILB isn't a position that usually gets a lot of picks in the 1st round. Combine that with Spikes being the 3rd best ILB in the draft, and possible combine numbers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him falling to the beginning of the 2nd.

Dajesus
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm still hoping for mcclain, but I would literally poop my pants if berry fell to us.

if I didn't have to go, I would take a laxative, and push until I crapped my pants!!!!

Being from Iowa, I would like to see us land one of either pat angerer or aj edds. they are gamers. I'm not sure at all where they are projected to go but it can't be any later than the third, and I would think they will both come off in the second at some point.

CK... got anything on my boys from iowa???

LOL to pooping your pants...CK is usually on point, but there is no way Berry drops to us. He is probably the best athlete in the draft, as well as being the closest thing to a sure thing as there is in the draft. If it wasn't for DT, LT, and QB, haveing a higher premium in the NFL Berry would be the first player taken. The Rams should really look at how important Troy and Ed are to their teams before they pass on him. Unless Eric lays an egg in Indy this Feb if he is still available when Kansas City goes on the clock at #5 look for half the NFL trying to trade up to 5.

For the record if he did fall to us I would poop not only my pants, but Parcels' pants as well.

MP-Omnis
01-23-2010, 11:31 PM
McClain and Spikes on the same field on the same side would be insanely awesome.

Dajesus
01-24-2010, 06:15 PM
McClain and Spikes on the same field on the same side would be insanely awesome.

It would be awesome, but I thanked your for your sig picture. That is awesome.

2413fanphins
01-24-2010, 06:50 PM
speaking of signatures, wheres the guy who has the chick with the HUMONGOUS bouncing ******* in my face??? hahahaha lol

go phins.

TedSlimmJr
01-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Spikes could absolutely fall to the 2nd round.....and I'd be all over him if he was still on the board when Miami goes on the clock...

I've never had a 1st round grade on Brandon Spikes.....ever...

I think he's a fairly safe pick and should be a decent player in the NFL....but I couldn't use a 1st rounder on him unless it was late....and only after he impressed me in post season workouts....

AphexPhin
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the insight guys!

I would love to have Spikes. If he does end up a Dolphin, I would like to see him poke Sanchez's eyes out like he did to that Georgia player lol.

foozool13
01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
If we walk away from this draft with McClain AND Spikes in the first 2 rounds...I mite just learn how to do a standing back flip out of joy!!!

Dajesus
01-25-2010, 07:43 PM
If we walk away from this draft with McClain AND Spikes in the first 2 rounds...I mite just learn how to do a standing back flip out of joy!!!

If they pick McClain you better set up a webcam because I do not want to miss the standing back flip. I do not think Spikes will earn a 1st round grade, but the problem is ILB is a very light position this year. McClain is the only sure fire 1st round pick. Spikes is the #2 ILB on most people's board. With so many teams playing a 3-4 ILBs are a commodity, and someone late in the 1st may take a chance on him. There isn't even much of a chance another ILB could steal the #2 spot as the two guys, Sean Lee and Daryl Washington, are graded at late 2nd to 3rd round. The lack of talent at this posistion could not have come in a worse year for Miami.

In the realm of the realistic McClain in the 1st and Spikes in the 2nd is pretty much the best case scenario for Miami. Just short of realalistic would be Berry in the 1st and Spikes in the 2nd.

2413fanphins
01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I'd take angerer from iowa in the third rd. he's a bit short, but he's a friggin gamer man.

especially if we already have mcclain by than.

and of course traded crowder for middle round pick.

as much as crowder has underachieved though, one would have to think he'd be better than angerer.

althought from a statistical standpoint, you might be hard pressed to tell.

angerer can certainly tackle.

obviously much prefer spikes though.