PDA

View Full Version : Is Ginn Worth at least a 3rd?

Cutie
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm just throwing this out there. We have several players worth some trade value - W. Allen, J. Allen, Camarillo, Crowders, Bell. Maybe the Ravens would trade for him - Cam drafted him (and his family). Flacco would have another target. I'm quite aware about trading in the conference. No reason to get mad at the thought - just is he worth anything?

dr.jake
01-23-2010, 06:30 PM
upside is that ginger is young. downside is that he hasn't done SQUAT. i don't see anybody other than the raiders parting with a 3rd for his talents.

Ozfin77
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Unless we can get a 2nd for him, I'd be inclined to keep him and let him return kicks and be a slot guy.

Unless he has a major change in mentality and grows some b@!!s he wont ever be a starting calibre receiver, but we all saw what he can do on special teams in New York this season and that can be a game changer.

jim1
01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
No. And he's not a slot guy. He's an inferior deep threat.

Phinstrodamus
01-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Only in the CFL!!!!

hooshoops
01-23-2010, 09:41 PM
i think best case we'd get a 5th for him...if anyone offered a 4th i'd do it and i'd think long and hard about a 5th

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2010, 11:34 PM
No unless it was to the raiders everyone knows how al Davis loves fast players

PALMA
01-23-2010, 11:37 PM
He's worth just any pick you can get for him.

Maybe with the exception of a 7th.

Phinstrodamus
01-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Call your boy Cam Cam up in Baltimore, they need receivers.

Xeticus
01-24-2010, 03:44 AM
If we could get a 4th round in this draft I'd do it and toss in either Gibril Wilson or Akin Ayodele for free. This draft is deep in defensive talent and we really need to restock on defense badly.

BARF
01-24-2010, 03:48 AM
someone has got to be very dumb to give us a 3rd for ginn, but i will take whatever draft pick they throw our way for him, dare i say it he is not a bill parcels player

ZILLA
01-24-2010, 05:45 AM
lol at 3rd round pick for ginn

we cant even trust him to return punts...

he gets another year here... but he better prove his worth or i think hell be gone for no picks....

Cutie
01-24-2010, 08:30 AM
He's been working under Sparano for 2 seasons now. He's not very good at running routes. He runs out of bounds instead of pressing forward to the 1st down marker because he doesn't want to get hit. How long will it take to decide to offer him around the league. Someone's gotta take him. Even a late pick - we could pick up another receiver. And don't forget UDFA - we usually find a gem after the draft too.
Thank you all for your well thought out opinions. Greatly appreciated.

MiamiDolfan85
01-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Truth be told,a 5th rounder would be generous compensation for Ginn,and unfortunately,I'd rather just keep Ginn.....as a returner,I mean....

72champagne
01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
i think it's the last year of his contract. you have to give it at least one more shot with his k.r. skills and speed.

Cutie
01-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Truth be told,a 5th rounder would be generous compensation for Ginn,and unfortunately,I'd rather just keep Ginn.....as a returner,I mean....

I like your picks. Not over the top. Basic, reasonable. Good quality. I like Johnson of Kentucky. And Sparano will look towards Connecticut for at least one player, regardless of position. But I like your picks. I watched Hughes twice this year. He's quick off the line. Even if McClain is gone (which may be a reality), there are plenty of good quality players left for us. AND I WOULD TAKE YOUR FIFTH ROUNDER!!!!

MiamiDolfan85
01-24-2010, 07:16 PM
i think it's the last year of his contract. you have to give it at least one more shot with his k.r. skills and speed.
he has 2 more years w/ us...signed a 5/year contract in '07

Clipse
01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Nobody in their right mind is trading anything more than a 5th for him. He'll be let go in the offseason with no cap hit to worry about. He won't be missed.

Clipse
01-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Unless we can get a 2nd for him, I'd be inclined to keep him and let him return kicks and be a slot guy.

Unless he has a major change in mentality and grows some b@!!s he wont ever be a starting calibre receiver, but we all saw what he can do on special teams in New York this season and that can be a game changer.
When are people going to stop using the Jets game as an excuse to keep Ginn? Yes, he was great on ST that game, but he was an average at best KR the rest of the year. Sorry, but we're not paying an average at best KR the top 10 draft pick money he's getting paid. You could get equal/better production in the 6th/7th round, and who knows if Sheets can be a KR or not. Good riddance Ginn, no CBA means no cap hit for releasing your pansy ***.

finfan54
01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
one more shot for the guy you know damn well will run out of bounds or hit the dirt pretending to slip.

BobDole
01-24-2010, 09:44 PM
a 3rd for ginn would be an absolute dream come true and we'd do it in a second. unfortunately, i don't see anyone giving up anything more than a 6th for him. the best way to do it would be packaging him in a trade i think.

Pat-London
01-25-2010, 05:54 AM
I dont see why people are saying keep him as a return guy. He's not very good and is terrible at punt return, he simply cant stay in there in traffic and field the punt.

He's a late round trade at best. Only other way I see us getting something higher than a 5th is if he is comboed with someone. Depending on how the first few picks go, I wouldnt be surprised to see a Ginn/Ayodele trade to someone for a 4th. Similar to what we sent to Dallas for Fasano and Ayodele.

The project as run its course. Move on.

RealDriscoll
01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I read on ESPN Insider that the Broncos could send us Marshall for a 2nd and Ginn...

Pat-London
01-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I read on ESPN Insider that the Broncos could send us Marshall for a 2nd and Ginn...

Where's the hand.. let me chew that off in a hurry.

I would think that if that was a real consideration, I would be pushing for it to be a 2011 pick... maybe give them one of this years 6's to ensure the 2nd is from next year.

In all honesty though, id say thats very cheap for Marshall, especially considering the windfall they got for Cutler.. they could be expecting another one for Marshall.

hooshoops
01-25-2010, 11:22 AM

wow...i'd do that in a second

Clipse
01-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I'd probably nut myself if we raped the Broncos for Marshall like that. Anything not including a 1st rounder is raping the Broncos imo.