PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl South Roster awarded USC players

FinAtic8480
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Dolphins lucked out by having the USC players put on the South roster for the Senior Bowl. Who said Bill Parcells doesn't have pull?

http://twitter.com/OmarKelly

That is awesome as long as we dont get another Patrick Turner, please.

72champagne
01-24-2010, 05:04 PM
http://twitter.com/OmarKelly

That is awesome as long as we dont get another Patrick Turner, please.
how do we know Turner is no good yet? they refused to use Wake or Anderson after great games and played White & Wilson, among others, after horrible ones.

WelcomeBack
01-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Anthony McCoy and Stafon Johnson are on the roster I believe.

JCane
01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Here's a link to the rosters from the Senior Bowl site since I hate Twitter lol.

http://seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

ChadHenne
01-24-2010, 05:56 PM
TE Colin Peek, LB Eric Norwood, DB Myron Rolle, WR Dexter McCluster, TE Jimmy Graham, RB Stafon Johnson, WR Riley Cooper, DB Taylor Mays, DL George Selvie, DT Dan Williams, WR Jeremy Williams, DL Terrence Cody

All the guys I think the Fins will be looking EXTREMELY closely at during the game and practices, with the highlighted guys being 1st or 2nd rounders we should expect.

FinsGuy939
01-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Am I the only one fully expecting the South to beat down the North?

JCane
01-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Am I the only one fully expecting the South to beat down the North?

Nope.

I can't wait to get to Mobile on Friday.

Dogbone34
01-24-2010, 06:50 PM
thats amazing if stafon johnson is playing.

he was a decent prospect before the accident. i hope he makes it.

ckparrothead
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Are you guys seeing something that lists the South and North rosters? All I see are a list of players with no word on who is on the North and who is on the South.

#1dolphinsfan
01-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Do we get Mardy Gilyard? I would like our coachs to look long and hard at Gilyard I think he going to end up being a stud in the NFL

cheyannefan
01-24-2010, 10:17 PM
TE Colin Peek, LB Eric Norwood, DB Myron Rolle, WR Dexter McCluster, TE Jimmy Graham, RB Stafon Johnson, WR Riley Cooper, DB Taylor Mays, DL George Selvie, DT Dan Williams, WR Jeremy Williams, DL Terrence Cody

All the guys I think the Fins will be looking EXTREMELY closely at during the game and practices, with the highlighted guys being 1st or 2nd rounders we should expect.
OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE Brandon Lang

WelcomeBack
01-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Are you guys seeing something that lists the South and North rosters? All I see are a list of players with no word on who is on the North and who is on the South.

For some reason, I get just a list of players on my computer. On my phone, I get North and South rosters.

WelcomeBack
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM

Here you go CK:

South Roster - http://www.seniorbowl.com/southroster.asp

North - http://www.seniorbowl.com/northroster.asp

ckparrothead
01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm sure linebacker fans will appreciate that Miami's staff will get a close look at guys like Jamar Chaney, Darryl Sharpton, Cameron Sheffield, Brandon Lang and Eric Norwood.

No Brandon Spikes though. Did he pull out due to injury or something?

WelcomeBack
01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Didn't hear anything about Spikes.

hooshoops
01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
any word on some of these guys heights and weights they reported at???

there's some guys i have real interest in finding out their size...brandon graham terrence cody etc...

ckparrothead
01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
IMO, I'd rather be coaching the North squad. I'd want my coaches to take a nice close look at guys like Danario Alexander, Tyson Alualu, Jon Asamoah, Larry Asante, Alex Carrington, Chris Cook, Kurt Coleman, Vlad Ducasse, A.J. Edds, Brandon Graham, Mike Iupati, Austen Lane, Jared Odrick, Taylor Price, O'Brien Schofield, Cam Thomas, Syd'Quan Thompson, Daryl Washington, Sean Weatherspoon and Kyle Wilson.

As things stand Miami will get a nice look at Nate Allen, Ciron Black, Jamar Chaney, Terrence Cody, Antonio Coleman, Harry Coleman, Riley Cooper, Perrish Cox, Anthony Dixon, Jimmy Graham, John Jerry, Mike Johnson, Brandon Lang, Taylor Mays, Anthony McCoy, Eric Norwood, Jeff Owens, Myron Rolle, George Selvie, Darryl Sharpton, Cameron Sheffield, Ben Tate, Joe Webb, Jeremy Williams, Dan Williams and C.J. Wilson.

But overall...I'd rather be coaching the North group.

greasyObnoxious
01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
IMO, I'd rather be coaching the North squad. I'd want my coaches to take a nice close look at guys like Danario Alexander, Tyson Alualu, Jon Asamoah, Larry Asante, Alex Carrington, Chris Cook, Kurt Coleman, Vlad Ducasse, A.J. Edds, Brandon Graham, Mike Iupati, Austen Lane, Jared Odrick, Taylor Price, O'Brien Schofield, Cam Thomas, Syd'Quan Thompson, Daryl Washington, Sean Weatherspoon and Kyle Wilson.

As things stand Miami will get a nice look at Nate Allen, Ciron Black, Jamar Chaney, Terrence Cody, Antonio Coleman, Harry Coleman, Riley Cooper, Perrish Cox, Anthony Dixon, Jimmy Graham, John Jerry, Mike Johnson, Brandon Lang, Taylor Mays, Anthony McCoy, Eric Norwood, Jeff Owens, Myron Rolle, George Selvie, Darryl Sharpton, Cameron Sheffield, Ben Tate, Joe Webb, Jeremy Williams, Dan Williams and C.J. Wilson.

But overall...I'd rather be coaching the North group.

hey ck, do you think we'll be running some 3-4 looks on defense in the game? or do you think we'll do some 3-4 work behind closed doors? there are quite a few prospects who will be looked at as 3-4 players.

Kdawg954
01-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Wow, no Spikes? Seriously, he is probably the LB I wanted to see more than anybody else.

Lord Of Miami
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
any word on some of these guys heights and weights they reported at???

there's some guys i have real interest in finding out their size...brandon graham terrence cody etc...

Cody 6'4 370..................no joke.

edgarthompson (http://twitter.com/edgarthompson)
Mount Cody indeed, Bama's monster NT comes in @ 6-4, 370 pounds.

DraftCountdown (http://twitter.com/DraftCountdown)
Alabama NT Terrence Cody weighs in 370 at pounds.

ckparrothead
01-25-2010, 01:11 PM
hey ck, do you think we'll be running some 3-4 looks on defense in the game? or do you think we'll do some 3-4 work behind closed doors? there are quite a few prospects who will be looked at as 3-4 players.

I think the rules are pretty strict at All Star games. The reason I don't see them using any 3-4 is because there's no blitzing.

greasyObnoxious
01-25-2010, 01:13 PM
I think the rules are pretty strict at All Star games. The reason I don't see them using any 3-4 is because there's no blitzing.

yeah, that's probably right. still, it wouldn't hurt to have some DEs like Selvie or Brandon Lang run a LB drill here and there.

greasyObnoxious
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM

that's credible

ckparrothead
01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
yeah, that's probably right. still, it wouldn't hurt to have some DEs like Selvie or Brandon Lang run a LB drill here and there.

Yeah. I was disappointed that Greg Hardy was never asked to run any LB drills.

They might do that at the Senior Bowl though. I do know at the Shrine practices they regularly had guys like Chris McCoy, Jason Beauchamp, O'Brien Schofield and Dexter Davis come back to the pit and run some pass rush repetitions against the OLs. It's their way of making up for the fact that they wouldn't let any of the converts blitz in scrimmage or during the game.

greasyObnoxious
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah. I was disappointed that Greg Hardy was never asked to run any LB drills.

They might do that at the Senior Bowl though. I do know at the Shrine practices they regularly had guys like Chris McCoy, Jason Beauchamp, O'Brien Schofield and Dexter Davis come back to the pit and run some pass rush repetitions against the OLs. It's their way of making up for the fact that they wouldn't let any of the converts blitz in scrimmage or during the game.

it's up to our coaches to take a good, long look at the roster. we would be throwing away a huge advantage by not having some guys work a bit outside of the box. i would put Dan Williams or Terrence Cody in 2-on-1 situations, if that's allowed.

Lord Of Miami
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Jeff_Darlington (http://twitter.com/Jeff_Darlington)
One of strangest things youll ever see...weigh-ins at the senior bowl. Here's a video I just took of Tebow's turn. http://twitvid.com/BF055

http://www.twitvid.com/BF055

Short arms for being 6'2 but not really that short.

ckparrothead
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh I guess he was just saying that the weigh-ins are strange. I kept waiting for something weird to happen with Tebow's weigh-in.

Lord Of Miami
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh I guess he was just saying that the weigh-ins are strange. I kept waiting for something weird to happen with Tebow's weigh-in.

Haha, same here.

greasyObnoxious
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM

didn't you notice. the guy right in front of Darlington wore a CFL jacket lol

hooshoops
01-25-2010, 01:55 PM

edgarthompson (http://twitter.com/edgarthompson)
Mount Cody indeed, Bama's monster NT comes in @ 6-4, 370 pounds.

DraftCountdown (http://twitter.com/DraftCountdown)
Alabama NT Terrence Cody weighs in 370 at pounds.

so does that mean he's gained 12 lbs already from his listed playing weight of 358 or was he likely 370ish the whole time???

man...that's heavy for a 22 year old kid

greasyObnoxious
01-25-2010, 02:02 PM
so does that mean he's gained 12 lbs already from his listed playing weight of 358 or was he likely 370ish the whole time???

man...that's heavy for a 22 year old kid

as far as i can tell, he was listed at 365 for most of the time.

ROADRUNNER
01-25-2010, 03:34 PM
did anyone else notice that Mr nolans name wasnt down for going to the game.........

j-off-her-doll
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I couldn't hear very well, but did the guy list Tebow's right arm as being significantly shorter than his left?

FinAtic8480
01-25-2010, 04:39 PM
NFL Network covering the North today, that sucks.

ChadHenne
01-25-2010, 04:53 PM
OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE Brandon Lang

I was speaking of guys just on the South squad.

JT-forpresident
01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
NFL Network covering the North today, that sucks.

yeah ... i still watched a bit of the practice...

and so far, the big story IMO is that boise state cornerback... he was sensational in 1 vs. 1 drills

WelcomeBack
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Kyle Wilson did look really good. I liked Cam Thomas too.

hooshoops
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
daryl washington 226 lbs-can we end the 3-4 ilb talk now???

kyle wilson ate up guys in 1 on 1 drills...

mardy gilyard dropped balls and didn't look all that quick or explosive to me and rail thin 179 lbs...

liked what i saw from taylor price...showed plus hands good route running...

odrick with 2 wins over iupati in 1 on 1 drills...love that motor...nice player can see why ck and so many others are so high on him...don't see 3-4 nose...i see 3-4 end or 4-3 dt

schoefield beat dugasse like he was standing still with the speed rush off the edge the first time and then dugasse adjusted and tossed schoefield to the turf and looks like schoefield hurt his knee...could be serious

austen lane with a nice rush on 1 rep i saw

brandon graham with 30 1/2 inch arms...wowzers

cam thomas with solid bull rush

tim tebow reportedly fumbled 6 out of the first 10 snaps he took under the center...lol

weatherspoon with nice speed down the field in ball pursuit...

ChambersWI
01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Tebow had a rough day, but he did impress a lot of scouts with good footwork during drop backs, and very good touch on the deep ball. Still a very raw prospect though.

Trent Williams and Branden LaFell reportedly dropped out of the Senior Bowl. Long term not a smart decision.