PDA

View Full Version : Michael Lombardi says McCluster & Shay Hodge can make a difference for Fins

FinAtic8480
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
I was watching the Path to Draft show on NFL Network & Michael Lombardi said that McCluster & Hodge are exactly what the Fins are looking for and both players can make a difference for this team. Said if they would have been drafted last year by us the Fins could have been better of. Says we need explosive playmakers. I agree.

Im really liking what Im seeing from McCluster and would not have any problem getting rid of one of our players to fit him in our roster. Kid is really explosive.

hooshoops
01-27-2010, 02:59 PM
i'm not feeling shay hodge

foozool13
01-27-2010, 03:44 PM
McCluster is pretty small though...5-8..165Lbs

greasyObnoxious
01-27-2010, 03:46 PM
McCluster is pretty small though...5-8..165Lbs

you wouldn't believe it if you've seen him play. he's a tough little sob

j-off-her-doll
01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Problem is he's going in the 2nd. With some of our other need, and the talent that will be there in the 2nd (this draft is better than last season's), I can't justify spending a 2nd on him.

4th? Yes. 2nd? No.

FinAtic8480
01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
As is Ray Rice, Darren Sproles & Leon Washington. The kid is a playmaker and playes hard as hell. I hope the Fins are interested, like I said would not mind us getting rid of someone for him. Excellent Route Runner & Great Hands. Can play the Slot real well. The whole league is buzzing about McCluster, straight out of Mayocks mouth. Kid is turning heads big time. Can improve his stock if he can return Kicks & Punts.

ROADRUNNER
01-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Problem is he's going in the 2nd. With some of our other need, and the talent that will be there in the 2nd (this draft is better than last season's), I can't justify spending a 2nd on him.

4th? Yes. 2nd? No.

3rd mabe..............:crazy:

NRA
01-27-2010, 07:27 PM
this is the kind of player that make teams champions.

unfortunately, this is the kind of player that the every
regime since JJ has passsed on.

you can not have enough playmakers and this kid is playmaker
extrordinaire!!

what i would give to see him in a finz uni.

j-off-her-doll
01-27-2010, 07:35 PM
3rd mabe..............:crazy:

Yes, that's what I was implying . . .

emeraldfin
01-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Would love if we got a playmaker like McCluster. Would really add another dimension to our running game.

JT-forpresident
01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
McCluster looks like biggest playmaker in this draft...

with a good offensive line in front of him, much like chris johnson, i'd see him have a couple pro bowl seasons in the nfl

DcRy82
01-27-2010, 08:09 PM
In an ideal world.. well my ideal world anyways.. mcclain or thomas in the first, then mccluster in the second would be great.. I don't care what position, PLAYMAKER is our biggest need on our team.. and those 3 would be playmakers on each side of the ball.

Dogbone34
01-27-2010, 08:24 PM
mccluster looks pretty good with quick speed and toughness. i did see sharpton throw him to the ground like a rag doll on a blocking drill.

#1dolphinsfan
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
What round is hodge suposed to go in at the right round I wouldn't mind seeing him or Taylor price in a phins uniform next season

fiftyofhaze
01-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Tuesdays practice he put on the sick double move and diving grab.
Then joked wit sparano for a few minutes.

NoblePhin
01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
is spiller better?

TedSlimmJr
01-28-2010, 12:23 AM
is spiller better?

Better prospect? Yes... Better body of work? Yep...

Better value? I'm not so sure.......not if you can get McCluster past the 2nd round....which has been my point all along..

They're both complimentary players....versatile and explosive....there wasn't any more explosive players in college football than Spiller and McCluster.....they'll both be limited touches type players that you will scheme to get the ball to in space.... and isolated one-on-one with an inferior athlete...

McCluster reminds me a lot of Eric Metcalf....

There are scouts at the Senior Bowl that are saying they've never seen a quicker player.....not only at the Senior Bowl....but never seen a quicker player period...

If I've ever seen a quicker player I certainly couldn't tell you who...

But what I think will allow him to be a hit in the NFL is the spirit and toughness he plays with....he's dynamite....

If he runs sub 4.4 at the combine....look out...

CedarPhin
01-28-2010, 01:24 AM
I like Hodge, think he would be a solid get.

phineffect
01-28-2010, 02:47 AM
That double move he beat Javeir arena and beat him. I would LOVE to get him in the 2nd.. Everyone wants Spiller, why not Dexter in the 2nd? and still sraft a LB with the 12 spot

tcolli17
01-28-2010, 02:50 AM
If McCluster is there in the second, we should take him.

Roman529
01-28-2010, 04:15 AM
I haven't seen Hodge play but I love McCluster....he may be small but so are Jones-Drew and Sproles and you can see what strong little men with speed can do. I watched a few Ole Miss games and McCluster is very hard to bring down, and tough to find coming through the line.

Pinkboy
01-28-2010, 05:32 AM
That double move he beat Javeir arena and beat him. I would LOVE to get him in the 2nd.. Everyone wants Spiller, why not Dexter in the 2nd? and still sraft a LB with the 12 spot

There's no guarantee McCluster will be there when we pick in the 2nd.

If he has a great combine and senior bowl game, then all bets are off. Call it the CJ and DJ factor.

RealDriscoll
01-28-2010, 11:07 AM
McCluster sure is a play-maker. I love his ability but his size does concern me. Pat White was a big-time play-maker at WVU and his size has hurt him. I see Darren Sproles in McCluster, not Chris Johnson

RealDriscoll
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Spiller is far superior to McCluster...

Markcalius
01-28-2010, 11:16 AM
As is Ray Rice, Darren Sproles & Leon Washington.

Ray Rice outweighs this kid by almost 50 pounds. Leon Washington is 30 pounds heavier, Darren Sproles is 20 pounds heavier....

Even Pat White is 20-25 pounds heavier.

That doesn't make you skeptical?

NRA
01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
mccluster will be LONG GONE by the time we pick again in the 2nd round.

if GOLDEN TATE [mike mayocks second best wr behind bryant and the 2009
bilitnikof winner for best wr in the ncaa] is gone by the time the jets pic, he
will be there choice.

teams are starting to come off a lot of this size stuff at the wr and rb position.

the are ZILLIONS of 6'3", 230lb wr's slinging rags in car washes all over the
country. leon washington, sproles, desean jackson, etc.... have woken gm's
back up and remembered all the BIG TIME playmakers of the 80's and early
90's [marx brothers, the oilers wr's, the broncos wr's, joe morris, alvin garret,
etc......] were called smurfs, but they produced BIG TIME!

they were athletic playmakers! just like emmit smith. and they come in ALL
sizes. JJ put the 6 foot plus wr in vogue with michael irvin. and teams rode
that formula into the ground. many, many huge wr's who were DOMINANT
in college have washed out in the nfl. so size isnt the TOP criteria when
looking at wr's and rb's.

look at the whole package! tate and mccluster have it all.

NRA
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Ray Rice outweighs this kid by almost 50 pounds. Leon Washington is 30 pounds heavier, Darren Sproles is 20 pounds heavier....

NOPE! he carried an averge of 25 times a game in the sec against
big time, tough competition, plus was used as a wr and he was
not injured.

kid is tough as nails, LOVES the game and is strong and healthy.

doesnt worry me a bit. and if we draft him, he will be all over the
place, rb, wildcat, wr, slot......... along with whatever power back
we have next year.

he will be on the field for most of the game. he is not a change up
back only. he plays SEVERAL POSITIONS very well and that will give
teams fits to plan for. he wont be an obvious "probably going to catch
it out of the backfield" one use only player.

RealDriscoll
01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
I am a fan of Michael Lombardi for sure

JT-forpresident
01-28-2010, 01:15 PM

nope, pat white is lanky, McCluster is rock solid at his weight ...

FinAtic8480
01-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Here is something for you guys to ponder. Do you guys know who's idea it was to create the WildCat? The answe David Lee. Do you guys know who recomended Nate Garner, David Lee. Do you guys know who was the Offensive Coordinator for Houston Nutt when he was the coach at Arkansas, that right David Lee.

Nutt coached McCluster at Ole Miss and Im sure that David Lee will be on the phone with the kids coach trying to get all the possible info they can on McCluster. The Fins will have plenty of info on Dexter and he might come very well recommended. The kid is escalting up Draft Charts. The question is not will we take him, the question is we he even be there.

ZachThomas76
01-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Better prospect? Yes... Better body of work? Yep...

Better value? I'm not so sure.......not if you can get McCluster past the 2nd round....which has been my point all along..

They're both complimentary players....versatile and explosive....there wasn't any more explosive players in college football than Spiller and McCluster.....they'll both be limited touches type players that you will scheme to get the ball to in space.... and isolated one-on-one with an inferior athlete...

McCluster reminds me a lot of Eric Metcalf....

There are scouts at the Senior Bowl that are saying they've never seen a quicker player.....not only at the Senior Bowl....but never seen a quicker player period...

If I've ever seen a quicker player I certainly couldn't tell you who...

But what I think will allow him to be a hit in the NFL is the spirit and toughness he plays with....he's dynamite....

If he runs sub 4.4 at the combine....look out...

also, as a former wr, hes even more of a mismatch when split out. there will be corners that cant cover him, and if he gets on a backer of safety, thats just unfair. I was hoping this guy would be around later, but I doubt that happens now.

Markcalius
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
kid is tough as nails, LOVES the game and is strong and healthy.

Sounds like you are talking about your german shepherd.

I'm not saying he is a NOT going to work out in the NFL, but I am surprised that you are not the least bit concerned. Even if he does succeed, for how long would his body hold up?

As much as you like him and want him to succeed, and as well built for his size that he might be, I believe at some point physics becomes a concern. You could fit two Dexter McClusters in Paul Soliai and have another 30+ pounds left over that you could loan him so that he could be at least as big as the smallest guy in the NFL.

FinAtic8480
01-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Edgar Thompson reports on his twitter that Sparano has been comparing McCluster to Cobbs. A jack of all traades and has been the only player to take snaps from the WildCat.

All I say is kid has skills

Crowder Rocks52
01-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Many of you are worried about his size and weight.But remember David Meggett was one of Parcells favorite players (5"7 180 lbs.). .If McCluster reminds him of Meggett he may use the 2nd pick on him.Ronnie depending on the CBA either has his contract up or has 1 more year.Ricky is gone after 2010 season.

Markcalius
01-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Many of you are worried about his size and weight.But remember David Meggett was one of Parcells favorite players (5"7 180 lbs.). .If McCluster reminds him of Meggett he may use the 2nd pick on him.Ronnie depending on the CBA either has his contract up or has 1 more year.Ricky is gone after 2010 season.

Yeah, but you're still talking about a guy who is 15 pounds heavier in a time where players were smaller.

Out of curiosity, who was the last player that succeeded in the NFL at or below McCluster's size???

SRM
01-30-2010, 01:47 PM
How much is "playing tough" going to help him when a 250 lb linebacker hits him from the blindside at full speed?

uga3406
01-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Would love if we got a playmaker like McCluster. Would really add another dimension to our running game.

no offense, but i rather have spiller :hi5:

state06
01-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, but you're still talking about a guy who is 15 pounds heavier in a time where players were smaller.

Out of curiosity, who was the last player that succeeded in the NFL at or below McCluster's size???

i think if we draft McCluster we will use him as a utility man until we need to fill a hole with him. KR/PR would be electric, something we could use back with Ginn if he is placed as a returner. look at the impact DJackson has made on the Eagles(5'10 175). McCluster could make a similar impact. split him out and throw bubble screens, run wheel routes and screens out of the backfield, play him as the wildcat RB2 or give him the direct snaps.

if anything, his speed and playmaking ability will provide another dimention that opposing defenses have to prepare for...who do we have now that serves that roll? GINN?

Play him similar to the way the vikings played Harvin this season.

His durability wont be much of a concern his first season. we wont ask him to run the ball up the middle even 5 times a game, seeing as we have Brown/Williams/Cobb/Polite who can do that. Rather, we'll ask him to make plays.