PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville listed as 11th Gayest City

JCane
01-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Forget San Francisco. Watch out, South Beach. Welcome to Gainesville.

In the February issue of Advocate, a monthly gay news and culture magazine, Gainesville was named the 11th gayest city in the nation.
The 15 cities that made the list were ranked according to a variety of factors, from same-sex couple households per capita to gay dating profiles per single male population.

Gainesville scored an 11 out of 15 for gay bars per capita, a shout-out to University Club on East University Avenue.

http://www.alligator.org/news/local/article_37395770-0a3c-11df-a650-001cc4c03286.html

This probably has something to do with Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer.

:earlyriser:

Possum
01-28-2010, 04:31 AM
:lol:. :limp:.

SpaceMountain16
01-28-2010, 06:32 AM
What else would Spurrier use those duck lips for?

BobDole
01-28-2010, 06:50 AM
what? i lived there for almost 6 years and don't remember ever meeting any gay dudes ... not that there's anything wrong with that. and what the fugg is university club?

FinFan 13
01-28-2010, 01:39 PM
what? i lived there for almost 6 years and don't remember ever meeting any gay dudes ... not that there's anything wrong with that. and what the fugg is university club?

I was thinking the same thing. Several of my buds are UF grads, and I spent alot of time there partying. Never felt the place was overly gay, course I wasn't looking for men. Wow this is news to me. I am going to really have some fun with my friends about their alma mater.

Vaark
01-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Several of my buds are UF grads, and I spent alot of time there partying. Never felt the place was overly gay, course I wasn't looking for men. Wow this is news to me. I am going to really have some fun with my friends about their alma mater.

you can usually tell the orientation of a club by whether the barstools are upright or upside down:jcane:

Noodle Arm
01-28-2010, 06:45 PM
you can usually tell the orientation of a club by whether the barstools are upright or upside down:jcane:

WHAT?!! Is that true? The bartender told me they were just trying to save some space (4 guys to 1 stool). I knew something seemed fishy about that place :oops:

Durango_95
01-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I guess I'll mention that Ft. Lauderdale is ranked 7th. Four spots above Gainesville.