PDA

View Full Version : LOST - Season 6

Farmer
01-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Its BACK!

It airs on Tuesday the 2nd. At 8 they will have an hour recap show. then at 9 we get a 2 HOUR premiere.

This past Tuesday they reaired the finale from Season 5 with the little popups at the bottom. Did anyone watch?

Be careful with spoilers, a lot of us dont want to know. Who thinks there will be/wont be a reset and did the bomb go off? who are the "they' that are coming that Jacob talked about just after he got stabbed? Is Locke really dead?

Heres a fun 'real time' of crash 815
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKcKtjrL5bc

arsenal
01-28-2010, 11:28 AM
oh my god, this upcoming tuesday?? wow thats fantastic... i didn't realize it was so close, im pumped

Slim
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I stopped watching the show after season 2. I found it frustrating and it seemed like even the writers didn't know where they wanted to take the show.

The promo with Willie Nelson's rendition of Amazing grace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaF3J4S1qXc) was awesome though.

GoonBoss
01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Lost is the most ponderous, pretentious show on TV other than American Idol. I was flashing through channels last night, and I came across a :Lost re run. I heard... "I could've gotten on that submarine, and gone back to stop my daddy from killin' my mother..".....

I turned the channel.

Farmer
01-29-2010, 08:36 AM
you either love it or dont get it. Its not a show you can pick it up in the middle.

Sawyers dad killed his mom. he was in the past and could have saved her. whats so weird about that? ha

SpurzN703
01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I watch the show but I don't love it b/c I dislike shows that dick you around with answers. They're so coy about everything and it's like finally after five years (or however long it's been), you'll finally get to piece the entire show together and have your answer on what everything meant.

Farmer
02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
:motion: WOOT!!! Recap at 8. 2 hr premiere at 9. Today is gonna go by crazy slow im sure.

AquaInferno
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I watched till season 3, when everyone started doin everyone and their grand ma's on that island it seemed more like a swinger's love fest soap opera than a show to me.

Vaark
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
The first season was absolutely fantastic! The second season was entertaining. After that I got the sense that this was being written on the fly. I can hang in there with a story line where to enjoy it in the spirit it's written, you really need to suspend any credible belief so long as it's still at least subjectively logical and filler is kept to a minimum. This one for me has jumped the shark.

Having said that, I tivo'd season 4 and watched over a week or so while on the recumbent bike; also have season 5 recorded but will probably not get around to watching that before starting to record this last season. I'll decide whether it's worth the time and effort to watch it all, none of it or leapfrog last season and start watching this final one. Hanging in with it on a weekly basis right now seems like a lot of work to me.

The_Dark_Knight
02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
I got lost on Lost after the island got lost and the lost 6 were rescued and they started having flash forwards. Made my brain hurt.

Did they EVER answer what in the hell that black smoke monster like thingy was...or for that matter, what ripped the pilot out of th cockpit all the way back during the first episode?

SpurzN703
02-02-2010, 05:09 PM
I got lost on Lost after the island got lost and the lost 6 were rescued and they started having flash forwards. Made my brain hurt.

Did they EVER answer what in the hell that black smoke monster like thingy was...or for that matter, what ripped the pilot out of th cockpit all the way back during the first episode?

I must have missed it if they did b/c I still don't know what the smoke monster is. I've heard ideas but that's all opinion

Bumpus
02-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Is it a bad thing that I've never seen a single minute of this show?

Vaark
02-02-2010, 07:07 PM

no soup for you!

The_Dark_Knight
02-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Had you asked me that during season 1 or 2, then I would say yea it was a bad thing....but seeing how the show makes my brain hurt now, no it's not a bad thing at all.

One of these days, ABCs going to HAVE to close the loop on all of these unanswered questions

Farmer
02-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Well, they told us what/who the smoke monster is last night. They told us what the ash outside jacobs cabin was there for.

I thought it was a great opener. I'm not sure what to think about this alternate reality but i'll trust the writers and see where it goes. im loving the MIB or fake locke, whatever you wanna call him. he's a bad ***.

I'm wondering if Jacob is now in Sayid or what is up with that

SpurzN703
02-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't like the two realities b/c we're not sure what to make of them yet. Is it the future for them without crashing? Is it what could have happened had they never crashed?

Farmer
02-03-2010, 03:53 PM
I think its kinda obvious its what happened when the bomb went off.

All their lives were changed indirectly. thats how Desmond was on the plane, how Hurley is now 'lucky' and how shannon was not on the plane. When the bomb went off, it forked off into two directions

Dolphan7
02-04-2010, 01:55 AM
The flight to LAX is not the same as before. There are some noticeable differences. I don't think this is reality. It just seems like it is good versus evil, Jacob versus MIB, Locke Versus Jack. I think Locke will become MIB, and Jack will become Jacob. Also, ....is Jacob really the good guy?

Dolphan7
02-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Some insight from the Lost Producers.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/

SpurzN703
02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
The flight to LAX is not the same as before. There are some noticeable differences. I don't think this is reality. It just seems like it is good versus evil, Jacob versus MIB, Locke Versus Jack. I think Locke will become MIB, and Jack will become Jacob. Also, ....is Jacob really the good guy?

Evil hardly ever wins so we'll see how cliche the ending will be

Farmer
05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Anyone still watching? Last nights episode was pretty epic. Death and general badassness from the MIB

the finale was expanded to 2 1/2 hours. I'm still assuming that the two realities somehow come together in the end and everyone will get their happy ending...unfortunately.

either that or end with 2 of jack/sawyer/locke sitting on the beach having the same conversation Jacob and MIB had last season

SpurzN703
05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm still watching. Was sad to see some of the folks go the way they did yesterday. I just hope the alternate reality is the reality at the end of the series.

SpurzN703
05-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Nothing on the series finale? That's weird

Dolphan7
05-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I have mixed emotions....glad to see everyone hook up with their mates, but feel dissappointed as well...still too many questions for me.....

Nublar7
05-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I have mixed emotions....glad to see everyone hook up with their mates, but feel dissappointed as well...still too many questions for me.....Me too, I thought the finale was great up until about the last 30 minutes. I thought more questions would have been answered and I don't completely understand the opposite universe. If they were all dead in the side universe(which I assume was after everyone had either died on the island or later in life) why did they have different lives? Why did Jack have a kid?

HurriPhin
05-24-2010, 01:04 PM
I have wasted the past 6 years of my life watching this nonsense. Thank goodness it ended last night. Would have been much better if they would have wrapped it up in 2-3 seasons. Instead the writers beat the dead horse so long, all they had left to write about was a skeleton, some vagabond flies, and a wretched smell. Here's a good write up about the finale. (http://blogs.denverpost.com/runninglines/2010/05/24/taking-a-few-plot-shots-at-lost/)

Dolphan7
05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I am still reading the blogs to find some perspective...and make sense of some of these questions.....but you can't deny...this is one of the most captivating shows of all time.....can't wait to see the neilson ratings for last nights finale...

I am beginning to think that detonating the H bomb actually did work..and they all died then and there..and the alternate universe was created so that they could all reconnect..because the thought was that if the bomb worked......then they wouldn't know of each other...something along those lines....still trying to get my head around it. I would just like to know when everyone died...at the same time? or at different times......

SpurzN703
05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Me too, I thought the finale was great up until about the last 30 minutes. I thought more questions would have been answered and I don't completely understand the opposite universe. If they were all dead in the side universe(which I assume was after everyone had either died on the island or later in life) why did they have different lives? Why did Jack have a kid?

Supposedly Jack wanted to make up for the way his relationship went with his dad by allowing himself to be a good father towards his son. Now he never had a son in reality of course so I don't see why it matters what you do in the sideways world, what I call 'ghost world'.

The ghost world all happened after each of the Losties died, at different times in their lives. Or did it? The way the show went made it seem as if all of the events tied into each other around the same exact time. See, we're still Lost.

SpurzN703
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM
I am still reading the blogs to find some perspective...and make sense of some of these questions.....but you can't deny...this is one of the most captivating shows of all time.....can't wait to see the neilson ratings for last nights finale...

I am beginning to think that detonating the H bomb actually did work..and they all died then and there..and the alternate universe was created so that they could all reconnect..because the thought was that if the bomb worked......then they wouldn't know of each other...something along those lines....still trying to get my head around it. I would just like to know when everyone died...at the same time? or at different times......

I don't think the bomb killed anyone. If it did, we never saw the real island again, unless you count it being underwater at the start of season 6. I think people died over time as Jack's dad was explaining. Everyone was waiting in the church for the rest of the Losties to come in. Jack's dad said time didn't matter at this place so however they occupied their time waiting for everyone to show up apparently isn't important enough to explain.