PDA

View Full Version : Mountainous Cody too fat for Dolphins?

BAMAPHIN 22
01-28-2010, 04:21 PM
The Big Tuna wants his players fit and strong. He doesn't want them fat, and he definitely doesn't want them sloppy fat. Fat players get hurt more often, aren't conditioned well enough to stay on the field for extended periods, and as a result, aren't as dependable or valuable.

Parcells is so adamant about this he put weight clauses in the contract of practically every big on the roster. A big is a linemen on either side of the ball and sometimes a linebacker or even a fullback and tight end.
Jason Ferguson? He has a weight clause.

Kendall Langford and Phillip Merling. They have weight clauses.
Even Jake Long, who is the leanest 317-pound left tackle I've ever seen, has a weight clause in his contract.

These clauses can cost or make the players between $100,000-$250,000 per season. That's big money but it speaks to how important Parcells believes weight issues to be.

And that brings me to Terrence "Mount" Cody. His name is popular among Dolphins fans because he's a nose tackle and the Dolphins need a young nose tackle to take the baton from starter Jason Ferguson, who is 35 years old and spent much of last season on injured reserve.

Many of you have suggested the Dolphins use their second round pick on Cody. Well, they might get a chance to use a much later pick on the man ... and still might pass based on the fact Cody is, well, fat.
And not just big fat. We're talking dripping french fry grease from his pores fat.

He weighed in at a whopping 370 pounds at the Senior Bowl Monday. He looked so big he might have to expand his nickname from Mount to a full-fledged Mountain Range. The photo in the Mobile Press-Register speaks for itself.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/01/mountainous-cody-too-fat-for-the-dolphins.html

GoonBoss
01-28-2010, 04:32 PM
If he's there in the 2nd....Yeah. I don't think so though.

greasyObnoxious
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
i know it's unlikely, but what if he really shows up to the combine at 345?

GoonBoss
01-28-2010, 04:55 PM

He's my hero. :lol:

greasyObnoxious
01-28-2010, 04:56 PM
He's my hero. :lol:

i don't know. i think he should be able to shed about 5 pounds by having a good dump. that leaves only 20 lbs of grease. in roughly two weeks. i wouldn't be surprised if he was closder to 365 after a few days of working at the senior bowl.

Oraclepz
01-28-2010, 05:22 PM
i don't know. i think he should be able to shed about 5 pounds by having a good dump. that leaves only 20 lbs of grease. in roughly two weeks. i wouldn't be surprised if he was closder to 365 after a few days of working at the senior bowl.

lmao

in all seriousness he scares me because i know he can be good but will he motivated enough to take care of himself.

dolfan_101
01-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Think it's hilarious these people who would not have to work another day after like 35 wouldn't put down the burger and just try..

XxfeensterxX
01-28-2010, 08:02 PM
If he falls to the 4th-5th grab him just off potential.

AquaAdrenaline
01-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Well think like an agent here. If he sheds his weight to 345 for his Pro Day he could go in the first. But if he stays at 370 and gets drafted, he could still get picked in the second and then make up the difference by participating in The Biggest Loser :lol:

j-off-her-doll
01-28-2010, 09:21 PM
If he shows up at the combine at 345, I think he'll go top 20.

Pinkboy
01-28-2010, 09:34 PM
If I was that guy I'd wire my fat mouth shut for a couple of months and drink soups through a straw. Adding some protein shakes in there while hitting the gym.

Just 6 weeks of weight loss = millions of dollars.

I love soup all of a sudden.

phinfreak
01-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Couldnt agree more. He's a kid now, what will his weigth be after 5 years in the league. He aint getting any smaller with age, this guy has a short shelf life as a player.

3rd round at best.

His fattness tells volumes of this kids ethic and discipline.

I pass till 3rd or 4th.

Dolphin Dave
01-29-2010, 02:57 PM
He's had 2 years playing for Nick Satan and didn't get his weight down. If Satan can't motivate him with a pitch fork up his azz for 2 years what makes you think that Sparano can?

If he showed up at the combine 340-345, having dropped 25-30lbs only shows me that he will balloon right back up once he gets his contract. If you can't get motivated to lose weight in order to make a million dollars whats going to motivate you after you get it?

tay0365
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM

Probably means he got a haircut....dam he's fat :facepalm:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/6a00d83451b26169e20120a80f2cc1970b320wi-1.jpg

ChambersWI
01-29-2010, 04:13 PM
bigger concern than his weight is his strength. I've read multiple reports saying he was handled fairly easily by the interior linemen this week.

utahphinsfan
01-30-2010, 08:22 PM
i think he should be able to shed about 5 pounds by having a good dump. that leaves only 20 lbs of grease. in roughly two weeks.

More fiber & a colon cleanse?

flynryan15
01-30-2010, 08:32 PM
3 weeks removed from the BCS NAtional Championship game and this kid shows up that FAT? WOW! Talk about complete lack of motivation you are in a 3 and a half moth period were if you apply yourself you rocket up the draft boards and make millions. Instead he looks like he spent 3 weeks on a cruise ship killing mid night buffets! Reminds me of that fat tackle the bungles drafted who held out. He came into camp with big man boobs like that, so bad Mike Brown called him out on HArd Knocks. Well he fractured his foot and off to IR he went!

baseballcb95
01-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Not to fat for the 3rd round :lol:

Pinkboy
01-31-2010, 01:32 PM
The thing about NT's is they are on the sidelines so often. Cody only played in what, like 40% of the plays ? NT's basically play in just about half the plays in the NFL.

And the NFL is moving more and more to a passing league. I know first hand that the people in charge want even more rules to benefit the passing game. They want games like the Arizona-Green Bay playoff game. Scores that resemble 51-45.

All an offense has to do is have 3 wideouts in there and that effectively takes a NT off the field on the defense. More and more teams are going to multiple 3 and 4 WR sets, which means less need for a NT.

If you're an offense you have to be silly not to. Because that's just the way the rules benefit you, the passing game. And if you think the rules are bad now, just wait for what the people in charge of the NFL have in store soon.. You ain't seen nothing yet.

The way the NFL is going, further delving into a passing league more and more, you need pass rushers more than a Nosetackle. A LOT of pass rushers. And middle LB's and a secondary that can really cover.

I'm a proponent of the 4-3 defense the way things are headed. Wasn't it just great to watch that Indianapolis defense, as small as they are, just line up and tee off on the Jets in the 2nd half? And watching that defense just whizzing around the field like a swarm of bees.

A little swing pass and there's 6 defenders there in an instant ready to take your head off.

FAST , swarming, and very efficient. Up until week 11 of the season the Colts defense ranked #1 in the NFL for least points allowed.

As time goes along here, super bowls will be won with an elite passing offense, combined with a smallish and very fast defense to protect those leads against the passing game.

Both New Orleans and Indy have that formula on their teams. And we're going to see it more and more. This is just the beginning. That's just the way the people in charge want this league to be. And there's nothing anyone can do about it.

The NFL will become more and more like the CFL. In 10 years you won't recognize the NFL you once knew.

It already started. In the first 7 weeks of this season we had 18 more 300-yard passing games than at any 7-game stretch in NFL history. That's not a coincidence. And it will increase, greatly.

Marino was born in the wrong era.

flynryan15
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
One word come to mind when I see Cody now "LAZY!" Guy should be killing himself to rocket up the draft boards instead he puts on 25lbs of LARD.

t2thejz
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Guys he did not put on 25 pounds since the national championship game. 370 is close to what he has been playing at all season long. Lets see what he weighs in at during the combine. Whether you are a fan of the 3-4 D or not there is no denying the Cody fits the nose tackle position perfectly. You can argue whether he will be able to last in the pros but to argue that he won't be effective at his position when healthy is garbage. Being the "fat slob" he is, he showed how dominant he can be all season long and at the senior bowl. He is an anchor and almost impossible to move, which is his job. He is not going to rack up on tackles but he sure is going to help his linebackers. He is great for goal-line situations. He will never be a 3 down player and that is why he will not be selected top 15. But we would be lucky to be able to select him with our second rounder.

Astrosback
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
But to play devil's advocate....

The guy can anchor the nose. He beat all the Centers he played. He does command double teams and he actually has good feet and a nice spin move (which was on display yesterday).

Idk, this weight gain may be a a good thing for us since now Cody could be drafted much later.

I'm sure Gilbert Brown and Pat Williams aren't doing any underwear modeling either but they were/are pretty damn good NTs.
:ponder:

Astrosback
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Guys he did not put on 25 pounds since the national championship game. 370 is close to what he has been playing at all season long. Lets see what he weighs in at during the combine. Whether you are a fan of the 3-4 D or not there is no denying the Cody fits the nose tackle position perfectly. You can argue whether he will be able to last in the pros but to argue that he won't be effective at his position when healthy is garbage. Being the "fat slob" he is, he showed how dominant he can be all season long and at the senior bowl. He is an anchor and almost impossible to move, which is his job. He is not going to rack up on tackles but he sure is going to help his linebackers. He is great for goal-line situations. He will never be a 3 down player and that is why he will not be selected top 15. But we would be lucky to be able to select him with our second rounder.

Good post. I think people are getting a little carried away with his poor showing at the weigh in. He probably was playing at about this weight. And like you said, he is dominant when he PLAYS FOOTBALL and that's what he will be drafted to do. Nobody said he was going to be modeling boxer-briefs with Marky Mark.:lol:

He would be a STEAL in round 2.

I don't care how his body looks. I know what he can do on the field.

Beware of the workout warriors and greek god body (see Vernon Gholston) that hasn't shown it ON THE FIELD.