PDA

View Full Version : Sparano raves about Tebows work ethic and ability to learn quickly

Oraclepz
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/at-senior-bowl-tony-sparano-raves-about-tim-200787.html

Dolphin Dave
01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
I swear, if we take Tebow in the 2nd, I am going to probably throw something through my brand new TV. Although, if someone wants to give us their 2nd for Pat White and we used it to take Tebow I would be cool with that.

Oraclepz
01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
i still have hope for Pat... like Tebow hes a good kid.

phinfreak
01-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I swear, if we take Tebow in the 2nd, I am going to probably throw something through my brand new TV. Although, if someone wants to give us their 2nd for Pat White and we used it to take Tebow I would be cool with that.

Funny, thats how I felt when we took Ted Ginn Jr.

Mr_Freezetag
01-29-2010, 03:11 PM
i still have hope for Pat... like Tebow hes a good kid.

Same here. A lot of people want him out though....

X-Pacolypse
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Tebow sucks.

I am Bane
02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
you cannot argue this in any way... Tebow has prooved he is a work horse, he has great ethics and yearn, he also is a winner.

he never states interest in him though, and i doubt (with so much hope) we dont even think of him in the draft unless we in the seventh...

and i have 0 hope with Pat White. sorry, i am usually not such a negative person taboot. its just how i feel

Astrosback
02-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I feel like putting on eye-black and under one eye writing "No:Tebow" and in the other "Hell:No".

:lol:

Astrosback
02-03-2010, 12:17 AM
you cannot argue this in any way... Tebow has prooved he is a work horse, he has great ethics and yearn, he also is a winner.

he never states interest in him though, and i doubt (with so much hope) we dont even think of him in the draft unless we in the seventh...

and i have 0 hope with Pat White. sorry, i am usually not such a negative person taboot. its just how i feel

Let me know when he goes to help the poor without proselytizing and then we can say how great his ethics are. Until then, it's just strings-attached brain washing of the ignorant impoverished - an old and dirty trick of organized religions.

Seriously - he needs to check the bible thumping at the door. This is getting ridiculous. He's starting to make Kurt Warner look like an Atheist.

I am Bane
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM
where i disagree wis he has been like and doing stuff like this from the start... not saying he may be doing this more now due to where he can create for his own... but reviewing what he has done, worked for and accomlished... much abiliged towards what a type of person he is!!! what does he have (money wise or anything besides him) right now???

Let me know when he goes to help the poor without proselytizing and then we can say how great his ethics are. Until then, it's just strings-attached brain washing of the ignorant impoverished - an old and dirty trick of organized religions.

Seriously - he needs to check the bible thumping at the door. This is getting ridiculous. He's starting to make Kurt Warner look like an Atheist.

state06
02-03-2010, 12:51 AM
i dont think there is any way we take him. we dont need another project QB who, in the end, may not be a QB. Sparano had positive things to say about everybody at the senior bowl.

Being that we are from MIA, and tebow gained the most publicity out of any player at the senior bowl EVER, it was bound that a journalist would link the team and the player together.

...let me know when Tebow can play ILB along side crowder, until then, we say thanks, but no.

Ricky4Life
02-03-2010, 01:08 AM
I still think Tebow would be better at doing what they tried to do with White this year.

TXFinFan
02-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I still think Tebow would be better at doing what they tried to do with White this year.

Pat White is better at everything than Tebow. Better passer, better runner, better QB.

Oraclepz
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Pat White is better at everything than Tebow. Better passer, better runner, better QB.

I agree.. although he didnt look to good this year im pretty sure Pat will take this as motivation and get a little bigger. Not that his injury had anything to do with his size because it was more of a freak accident.

We havent heard the last of Pat. Wether at QB or at another position, he is a football player.

skipp2myloo13
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
White and Tebow both have talent. They both dont fit our team very well, i feel that they would be truly great on a team that would build around both of them. BTW regardless of your beliefs you cannot sit there and say that Tim Tebow isnt one helluva person-there isnt a parent out there who wouldnt want their child to grow up to be the type of person Tim Tebow is. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes, but i am confident it will not be in Mia.

TheFloridaDude
02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't know how you could compare Pat White to Tim Tebow...really...lol

Tim Tebow is the greatest college football player of all time, period. He has a strong arm, he's smart, physical and is hell of a leader. Not great accuracy though....which bothers me more than his akward delivery.

The Dolphins will NOT take Tebow under any circumstance...why waste more draft picks on a position we have no need at?

Forget the gimmicks and leave Henne under center.

------------------

But seriously comparing Pat White To Tebow? lol come on guys wtf

White will never make it as a QB or anything else in this league....Tebow will play QB for somebody...and do well doing it, I know this man.

rent this space
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
let's just hope Sparano is talking to Jacksonville when he praises Tebow

Marley7
02-05-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't know how you could compare Pat White to Tim Tebow...really...lol

Tim Tebow is the greatest college football player of all time, period. He has a strong arm, he's smart, physical and is hell of a leader. Not great accuracy though....which bothers me more than his akward delivery.

The Dolphins will NOT take Tebow under any circumstance...why waste more draft picks on a position we have no need at?

Forget the gimmicks and leave Henne under center.

------------------

But seriously comparing Pat White To Tebow? lol come on guys wtf

White will never make it as a QB or anything else in this league....Tebow will play QB for somebody...and do well doing it, I know this man.

Tim Tebow has more hope when it comes to playing HB than White does... if we're comparing them in the QB position I think White has a higher ceiling.

But no bias though right? I mean your picture explains enough. haha
Lets just wait for White to get a little more confident and he should pan out fine.

PALMA
02-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Sparano has no say in any of the personnel. He is a company man, no more, no less. I've learned to disregard the player evaluations coming from him.

Tebow has absolutely terrible throwing mechanics. If you want to draft him based on his ability to be a Qb + additional roles, he should get drafted where Brad Smith of the Jets did - the 4th round.

Roman529
02-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I would take Tebow if he is still on the board in the 4th round and have him replace Pat White as our #2 or #3 QB. Then we should see if we can get a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder for White. White was a mistake in the 2nd round.....but it's time to move on.

cobbs321
02-06-2010, 08:18 PM
I just have funny feeling about tebow and its not good. Sparano raved about how good Pat White was and we picked him with our 2nd rounder. Now sparano is doing the same thing with Tebow.

X-Pacolypse
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I would take Tebow if he is still on the board in the 4th round and have him replace Pat White as our #2 or #3 QB. Then we should see if we can get a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder for White. White was a mistake in the 2nd round.....but it's time to move on.

Teblow would be an even bigger mistake.

milldog
02-06-2010, 10:07 PM

I have no problem with the way Tebow portrays himself. At least he's consistent. Maybe you have a problem with religion being injected into sports, I get that, Ibut it really doesn't bother me. I'm all for someone who practices what they preach and Tim has never wavered. Is he controversial? I guess. Why do you feel he's insincere?

TheDon74
02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I like Tebow, think he's a good kid but if we spent anything more then a late 6th on him and it wasn't to back up Politle at FB I'd flip out............. in fact unless he goes undrafted (not gonna happen) and we pick him up as a UDFA then NO.

Only reason I bring him up at FB is because an option FB in the NFL would be something pretty outside the box and more then likely you could work a play in here and there that might work and would mix well with wildcat if it stays (don't knock it because when it works you love it...don't lie). With that said it would mean nothing if he couldn't block. He has the frame to carry another 25 pounds and still be pretty fast with his strength. I read somewhere he benched over 500 pounds one offseason and was getting to big and Myer made him cut back on the weights because he was getting to bulky to play QB. If he was allowed to go crazy in the gym he might blow up and he's a hard nosed kid that would be great in the looker room.

With all that said I stick by my original thought of not going after him unless it's real late but we seem to have much greater needs at this point as we all know.

Ricky4Life
02-07-2010, 01:51 AM

Wow, really??? Guess I missed all of his amazing play this year. :rolleyes2:

Roman529
02-07-2010, 05:21 AM
Teblow would be an even bigger mistake.

Tebow doesn't always have to be used as a QB.....I bet he could be used as a Running Back or Fullback from time to time or at some other position. I think he could run the Wildcat five or six times a game and do it 100% better then White...at least Tebow isn't a midget. :lol:

ticophin
02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Guys, our LB corps might be the worst in the League, we are down a FS bigtime, have an urgent WR situation, our TEs are nothing to rave about, we have old-timers and an ex CFLer getting to the QB, in need of a dominant NT, and a tricky situation at RB....
If we take Tim Tebow with any pick, project or not, to convert him to TE, RB, WR, Waterboy, Cheerleader, or anything...my head with an open-screaming mouth are going through my tv at full speed...

2413fanphins
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
dont' particularly care for either of them. would definately prefer if neither were on the roster going into next season.

TheFloridaDude
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I just can't believe Tebow is being compared to....Pat White! lmao

First of all, he is much, MUCH bigger and is built like a NFL football player, White would have been under sized on my HIGH SCHOOL TEAM. seriously.

Pat looks scared when he is under center, and confused. He CANNOT throw an out route, and can't even see over the line unless he takes a 7 step drop or rolls out....

and let's face it, whenever he was given a chance this season, he sucked. except for the one long run he had early in the season, he didn't do **** when he had the ball.

Tebow is a completely different player than White, their styles really aren't similar at all, so I don't know why their being compared.

And do their accomplishments measure up at all?

no....Tebow is far superior.

I dont have to be a Gators fan to see that...it's pretty clear.

But no, the dolphins should not draft him.....under any circumstance.