PDA

View Full Version : Merged: WWE Royal Rumble

SwimminInIndy
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey Wrestling fans!

How about this Sunday's pay-per-view extraveganza?

This is my 2nd favorite event of the year behind Wrestlemania. The 30 man battle royal is classic, and always full of action. This year's rumble itself is so star-studded with HHH, HBK, Cena, Batista, Big Show, Jericho, and a whole bunch more as well!

Then you have
Randy Orton vs Sheamus
Undertaker vs Rey Mysterio
Christian vs Ezekial Jackson
Micky James vs Michelle McCool

So who you got?

My picks are:

McCool
Christian
Undertaker
Orton

and I think John Cena is going to win the rumble. I don't like that, because I think someone new should win it, but I think Cena will win. I personally want Miz to win, because i think he is on his way to the top!

ChadHenne
01-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I thought Jericho, The Hurricane, and Hardy had their own Royal Rumble in Thursday morning?

CedarPhin
01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
My favorite Royal Rumble was the one Vince McMahon won.

BARF
01-30-2010, 02:24 AM
the one vince one was funny, lets not forget hbk 1st man in and he won it

SwimminInIndy
01-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Rey Mysterio was the second man in (might as well been first), and he won it, and broke the record for longest stay..

SpurzN703
01-30-2010, 11:47 AM
My favorite Royal Rumble was back when I was a kid when I actually believed it to be real :facepalm:

poornate
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Does wrestling still come on television (besides for these PPV events)?

CalDolFan10x14
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Man....nothing like the WWF back in the old days....even going back 15-20 years ago. Back then only the best talent won the WWF Championship. Like WTH is Shaemus doing with that title so quickly??? Just because he managed to throw someone through a table? There's so many different championships now, it seems like anyone can win one.

I remember when there was only the WWF Championship, Intercontinental Championship, Tag Team Titles, and the Women's Championship. Now there's 3 times as many title belts.....there's even two Tag Team title belts and two Women's title belts! There was also only one day where you could watch wrestling....Monday night. Now there seems to be wrestling shows every day of the week.

All this just seems to have diluted the talent in the WWE where any Joe-schmo who has recently entered the WWE can make a huge impact. Shaemus??? Really???? Just because he looks like a ghost on steroids and can get in a cheap shot on any wrestler who's smaller than he is?? More like SHAMEus if you ask me!

SwimminInIndy
01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Does wrestling still come on television (besides for these PPV events)?
Yes, WWE (WWF) is on on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. A little overkill if you ask me, but it si still fun. monday nights are Raw, and Friday nights are Smackdown, which are the 2 main shows.

TNA, or Total Nonstop Action (the other promotion that is doing it's best impression of WCW) comes on on Thursday nights, and it is switching to Monday nights in March.

ROH, or Ring of Honor Wrestling (the OTHER OTHER promotion that is very low key and budget) comes on Monday nights.

SwimminInIndy
01-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Man....nothing like the WWF back in the old days....even going back 15-20 years ago. Back then only the best talent won the WWF Championship. Like WTH is Shaemus doing with that title so quickly??? Just because he managed to throw someone through a table? There's so many different championships now, it seems like anyone can win one.

I remember when there was only the WWF Championship, Intercontinental Championship, Tag Team Titles, and the Women's Championship. Now there's 3 times as many title belts.....there's even two Tag Team title belts and two Women's title belts! There was also only one day where you could watch wrestling....Monday night. Now there seems to be wrestling shows every day of the week.

All this just seems to have diluted the talent in the WWE where any Joe-schmo who has recently entered the WWE can make a huge impact. Shaemus??? Really???? Just because he looks like a ghost on steroids and can get in a cheap shot on any wrestler who's smaller than he is?? More like SHAMEus if you ask me!
You said it man!

I totally agree that there are way too many belts going around. It makes them less of a deal to have one. There is only 1 tag champion, but they are the "undisputed" champions, and they carry around both belts. I think that is dumb. Just drop 1 of the belts, and still call them the champs. Same with the World Heavyweight and WWE belt. Drop 1 and make the very best wrestler have it.

They try to have 3 seperate brands to accomidate the amount of wrestlers they have, but it is too much!

That being said it is still entertaining and I watch it all the time!

AquaInferno
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I was very disappointed to see Edge win last night. This was VERY predictale once his music hit he was going to win, like when John Cena came back from injury. Basically if you get injured and can come back for Royal Rumble you're going to Wrestlemania! This is garbage at best, and should have been givin to someone else to win instead of Edge for just showing up!

fatkirstyalley
02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I was very disappointed to see Edge win last night. This was VERY predictale once his music hit he was going to win, like when John Cena came back from injury. Basically if you get injured and can come back for Royal Rumble you're going to Wrestlemania! This is garbage at best, and should have been givin to someone else to win instead of Edge for just showing up!
When they said a huge star was coming back to Raw I was very pumped, when I found out it was Edge I was pissed. I figured they were going to bring back the Christmas Creature!

GoonBoss
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
When they said a huge star was coming back to Raw I was very pumped, when I found out it was Edge I was pissed. I figured they were going to bring back the Christmas Creature!

I was hoping for the Gobblygooker.

Chubby
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I was hoping for the Gobblygooker.
He(or she) made an appearance of the Monday Night Raw show for Thanksgiving.

Some of my best memories of wrestling was when I was a child and my cousins and Uncles would all sit around the small black and White TV at my Grandparents and watch NWA then AWA. Then on some lucky Saturday Nights we got the extra bonus of WWF's Saturday Night Main Event.

Aaaaah Good Times!
Chubbs

BARF
02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
the only reason sheamus has the belt is because of hhh, he was his training partner, i guess when you are married to he bosses daughter u plenty of input on what goes on, go figure