PDA

View Full Version : Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

talent_scout
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Hello guys. I just wanted to alert you to some very close-hold information I have been receiving from my sources. I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board, and I have often tried to bring you information that the rest of you do not have access to. I never flaunt my connections, as you know, but I have some very interesting information coming out of the Fins organization:

In the last week, the Fins have undergone a major direction change in who they were targeting for their first round pick. There was a about an 80% chance they would go with a certain player; however, according my insider information, it looks as if this player has slid considerably. Not off the radar, but another player has emerged as "that dude." Now, I am not at liberty to divulge the names of these players, but I can assure you something big is going down and if nothing changes between now and the draft, you will hear a name that has been on NOBODY's radar as a likely Fin pick. I will fill you in more as more information comes to me. Moves are being made and the Trifecta is way outside the box on this one. I didn't see it coming at all, and I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site. Godspeed. More to come, hold your hoses, this is going to be a crazy ride.

DKphin
02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site. That's interesting because I have never even heard of you. I think you would have more credibility if you did not toot your own horn with only 4 posts. If you have legitimate insight, by all means share it. But a little humility would also seem appropriate.:rolleyes2:

Pinkboy
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board

Oh really ?

How can you have credentials if you haven't even given your name ?

And in your profile it says your favorite player is the bust Reggie Bush.. So who's number 2 on your list full of credentials ? Vernon Gholston ?

:lol:

JT-forpresident
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
holy cow, we've got a keeper !!!

Edit: being sarcastic here btw ...

Lord Of Miami
02-01-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yldgS-ySo24&feature=related

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Since this guy is claiming a great big track record given the entirety of his four posts...I'll quote his previous ones.

No. Fins dont look at Kindle here. As someone with 2 decades experience with talent evaluation - I no longer do it professionally, but I still travel around the country to get the ole measuring tape out on young athletes - I can assure you that the Fine wont be looking Kindle's way. He is a solid collegiate player, but my notes and scouting of him leads me to think he is too butt-heavy and lacks the crisp explosion you want to see at his position.

Decent athlete, decent range, but lacks that firecracker type explosion of speed and power. Sometimes plays limp-in-the-wash also (an insider's term for not being very stout or hard enough when he is surrounded by other strong men, such as the big-ugglies up front).

My grade on Kindle is a C+/B-, will be a decent Pro as long as he is not asked to do too much in the hole and is allowed to penetrate around the creases. Good kid though and I wish him all the best.

CJ Spiller could be considered by you guys. While a long shot, I think Ronnie is winding down in Miami. I always graded him out decently but was always concerned with his soft, fleshy, physique. I am not calling him fat, he just has that sort of squishy behind that bothers me. Usually does not play to his speed either. Is a 4.8-4.9 guy in pads, not good enough.

CJ Spiller is a top-7 guy on my draft board. I am rarely wrong about talent evaluation, just one of those things I have always been great at. Began in my teens, measuring guys and breaking down tape. Never got tthe opportunity to make it big, but have challenged Mel Kiper numerous times to a mock-draft pick'em challenge. He has not returned my emails.

Either way, CJ, or as some of us insiders call him "The Cookie Monster," because he just keeps gettin his....would be a great pick by you guys. You may have more pressing needs, but CJ is the real deal. I have watched over 500 hours of tape on him (November 2009 was my CJ month).

I definitely will try to get a message to him via facebook or myspace that Dol-fans have an interest in him. He hasn't written me back in the past, but I will explain the situtaion better this time. Last time I was just seeking out whether he would be interested in doing a private combine for me, so I could get some measurables on him. Well, back to the tape, rewatching all of Colt McCoys college games to get an accurate analysis to you guys later.

I need more time. Very interested in tonight's game, Senior Bowl, and work outs. I will be at the Senior Bowl, only as an invited guest. So I have considerable more tape to watch and calls to make before I come out with my Fin pick. Also need to consider teams picking ahead of Fins.

However, from my own analysis and the rumblings I have heard in the scouting community, I can give you 5 names (not in any particular order), of who Tuna and company will be targeting on draft day. This assessment does not take into consideration of the Fins moving up or down the draft board. As of now, my short list based on still incomplete information is:

1) Taylor Mays (likely gone by Fins pick if he impreses in post-season, but commitment to game issues could allow him to drop...I see Mays as least likely on this list, but I have heard this name from a trusted insider)

2) Dan Williams

3) Terrence Cody (I have huge concerns about his weight problems and I believe Fins coaches will see his obesity as red flag, could be a draft day dropper)

4) CJ Spiller (not a pressing need I know, but I have heard rumblings...where there is smoke there is fire)

5) Rolando McClain (rangy, athletic, talented LB you NEED...he is high on your board - guaranteed)

Other Names that I have seen discussed but I doubt:

1) Eric Berry (The cream of this crop. He will be long gone, but this is the difference maker you need in secondary)
2) Jason Pierre-Paul (not enough production. I have heard this name, but not enough bang for buck)
3) Brandon Spikes (will not be a Fin, def not in first round...Spikes will drop like stone this year, I would put my reputation on the line with that statement...bad hips, average body, not a great ballhawk, not a chance as a Fin)
4) Derrick Morgan - (Likely gone)
5) Dez Bryant - (hmmmm, rather not divulge yet, but I can say this, he is on the target list, will FIns have to deal to get him?)

And finally, REMEMBER this name:

Arrelious Benn (Fins wont take in mid first round, but this is a player high on their list so if they deal something and move up with that 2nd. Benn is a performer who played with a very inconsistent and marginally talented QB while at Illinois. I have him ranked above Golden Tate.)
Arrelious Benn

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
BTW, I'm pretty confident concluding that "talent_evaluator" is a fraud.

SpurzN703
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Why would a guy lie about this sort of pointless stuff anyway?

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 04:09 PM
BTW, I'm pretty confident concluding that "talent_evaluator" is a fraud.

why? the beauty of the internet is anyone can claim to have "sources", and really, how can a person prove or disprove that? btw, I saw this guy criticized for tooting his own horn, yet Ive read numerous threads CK where you have busted out the "our sources have told us" line.

To be perfectly honest, I find it hard to believe if you do in fact have sources they would drop names to you that the Phins really are interested in so you can run and post it on a chatboard. I really cant see Bill Parcells bein down with that, and any person who values his job I cant see doing that either.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM

Because it entertains him, simple as that. How can anyone read the following things and still take him seriously?

I am rarely wrong about talent evaluation, just one of those things I have always been great at. Began in my teens, measuring guys and breaking down tape. Never got tthe opportunity to make it big, but have challenged Mel Kiper numerous times to a mock-draft pick'em challenge. He has not returned my emails.

I definitely will try to get a message to him via facebook or myspace that Dol-fans have an interest in him. He hasn't written me back in the past, but I will explain the situtaion better this time. Last time I was just seeking out whether he would be interested in doing a private combine for me, so I could get some measurables on him. Well, back to the tape, rewatching all of Colt McCoys college games to get an accurate analysis to you guys later.

Give me a break. 500 hours on Spiller? I'm not even sure there are 500 hours of Spiller on tape. He's going to contact Spiller and see if he'll do a personal Combine for him?

It's a joke, in the same vein as Juan Huron, etc.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 04:13 PM
why? the beauty of the internet is anyone can claim to have "sources", and really, how can a person prove or disprove that? btw, I saw this guy criticized for tooting his own horn, yet Ive read numerous threads CK where you have busted out the "our sources have told us" line.

To be perfectly honest, I find it hard to believe if you do in fact have sources they would drop names to you that the Phins really are interested in so you can run and post it on a chatboard. I really cant see Bill Parcells bein down with that, and any person who values his job I cant see doing that either.

If you believed the guy is legit after reading his post history, that wouldn't surprise me.

Pinkboy
02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I saw this guy criticized for tooting his own horn, yet Ive read numerous threads CK where you have busted out the "our sources have told us" line.

Yeah but we know CK.. We know he goes to senior bowls, we know he has met other long time members here who've said they met him there.

And we know CK has met with scouts, talked to them, and mingled with some inside info.

Others here have witnessed it in person.

We also know he has a website dedicated to this stuff. We know he puts a lot of energy into scouting college players.

The guy even breaks down tape of a player and posts it on youtube to backup what he's talking about for crying out loud.

And of course, we know CK's real name.

So you can't compare the 2... it's not even close.

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
If you believed the guy is legit after reading his post history, that wouldn't surprise me.

If it bothers you I dont hang on your every word, that wouldn't surprise me. I appreciate you love the draft, are passionate and know your stuff, but you're just another name on the internet to me. I dont need to be reminded about your "sources" every other thread. The Jared Odrick thread is a perfect example. Hoops disagrees with you at taking a guy to play 3-4 end at 12, and I happen to agree with him no matter how talented Odrick is. Then you bust out the "my sources tell me the Phins are high on Odrick" line as if this somehow trumps his opinion.

Without even having sources, I could tell you 32 teams are impressed with CJ Spiller. I can also give a list of 6-7 guys the Phins would look at with the 12th pick. I dont have sources. If you want to make me a believer, come on here when the Phins are on the clock, and tell me who the pick is. Otherwise, its all educated guessing. Isnt that what we are all doing?

nando03
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I believe credibility is earned. I don't belive in people just having it cause they say so. That being said. CK has been on this board for years and has earned his credibility with the likes of someone like Boomer.

3rdandinches
02-01-2010, 04:30 PM
My sources (I can't name names to protect their jobs within the Dolphins organization) have told me the Dolphins are really interested in a certain player, now if that player is available at the 12th pick we definitely grab him. Now if he's not there then we go in a different direction but don't be surprised if this other player they really like (excellent sources have told me) they pick him. What really excites me is they are debating in house right now about a wildcard player that would blow everyone away if he's picked at 12, they want to let the combine answer a few more questions about this kid and then shock everyone that knows BP with this pick.

I can't divulge any names but trust me right after the draft and we have selected everyone I'll let you all know who it was.

Thanks, hang tight.

newlownorder
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
My sources (aka my mom) tell me that we are targeting a football player and the dolphins are really looking towards someone who has experience in playing the game of football. Now, my source tells me that this player has a height of at least 5 feet tall and weights between 100-400lbs. My source has also informed me that this player is a "he' and not a "she" and has college experience.

So, what we know so far. They have played football at some point in their life, they have graduated high school, we are looking for a male who is at least 5 feet tall and between 100-400 lbs.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
If it bothers you I dont hang on your every word, that wouldn't surprise me. I appreciate you love the draft, are passionate and know your stuff, but you're just another name on the internet to me. I dont need to be reminded about your "sources" every other thread. The Jared Odrick thread is a perfect example. Hoops disagrees with you at taking a guy to play 3-4 end at 12, and I happen to agree with him no matter how talented Odrick is. Then you bust out the "my sources tell me the Phins are high on Odrick" line as if this somehow trumps his opinion.

Without even having sources, I could tell you 32 teams are impressed with CJ Spiller. I can also give a list of 6-7 guys the Phins would look at with the 12th pick. I dont have sources. If you want to make me a believer, come on here when the Phins are on the clock, and tell me who the pick is. Otherwise, its all educated guessing. Isnt that what we are all doing?

Your angst toward me is baffling and unnecessary. No idea why you can't just let it go but that would be the mature thing to do. All I do is go about responding to people and sharing what I know, maybe arguing with them if they disagree, same as basically everyone on this board does. I just do it a little more often, a little more thoroughly, and happen to have a lot of info at my disposal.

And yes, someone that we know that is well placed to speak with people inside the Dolphins' organization, has personally vouched that they've spoken about Jared Odrick with him several times. I didn't bring it up to trump anyone's opinion, nor did I make it up. I offered it as a simple sharing of information. I didn't accuse hooshoops of any sort of malfeasance when he shared his own inside information about what Jeff Ireland thinks. Rather the opposite, I thanked him.

So, please. Get. Over. Your. Self.

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
zach...it's all good...ck and i don't see eye to eye on some things but i enjoy debating discussing draft prospects with him and our current roster...

we get along fine...and odrick is a darn good player...

channing crowder on the other hand...now that's a different story...lol

just messin ck

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
You telling me to get over myself is priceless. Simply priceless. Ive told you twice now I appreciate all the hard work you put in. Ill say this again. Unless you want to come on here while the Phins are on the clock and tell me who the pick is, you are making an educated guess like the rest of us. CK, is it possible Bill Parcells would purposely mislead your "source" if he knew he was then passing the info to you, and you to a public chat forum? I really can't see Bill being ok with that, can you?

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
zach...it's all good...ck and i don't see eye to eye on some things but i enjoy debating discussing draft prospects with him and our current roster...

we get along fine...and odrick is a darn good player...

channing crowder on the other hand...now that's a different story...lol

just messin ck

if Merling stays at 3-4 end, I dont care how talented Odrick is. the pick would make little sense to me. unless they trade Merling away, then fine. but as the roster stands now, I agree with your take on it. Im not seeing what CK sees in Crowder either.

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
if merling makes the move or gets traded i still wouldn't use the #12 pick on a 3-4 end...not if that's what he's gonna play

nope...i fill another position and look to get my end in oghaboose or carrington in round 3...etc

either that or i promote lionel dotson into merlings role vs the pass (all indications are the regime is very high on dotson as a pass rusher) and promote ryan baker into the rotation...

and see what ikaika francis (sp???) has to offer in camp

ChambersWI
02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
if Merling stays at 3-4 end, I dont care how talented Odrick is. the pick would make little sense to me. unless they trade Merling away, then fine. but as the roster stands now, I agree with your take on it. Im not seeing what CK sees in Crowder either.

not to keep the thread off topic, but Odrick IMO has certain talents that would make him very tempting to draft. Is he worth the 12 overall pick? Matter of opinion. The only DTs who are better prospects than him are Suh and McCoy, both of whom are top 5 picks. IMO Odrick is atleast worth discussing because of his combination of size, strength, speed, skills, and IQ. I personally see a lot of Jay Ratliff in him. Now does that mean he can make the transition to NT? No, but does that mean he can't help on defense and be a huge difference maker? Richard Seymour was a high pick as a 3-4 end, as was Ty Warren. Plus, we do play a lot of 4 man fronts. Odrick would add pressure for those situations.

As for the thread, hate to be skeptical but the post is very vague. I honestly don't think you will have a good idea on what players we really like for a couple weeks. By the combine, we could pretty much set in stone what players we are in on. Look at Sparano's first year. Fell in love with Langford at the senior bowl, and he/Ireland fell in love with Big Jake after getting to meet him. Same with Sean Smith last year (to a lesser extent Vontae as well. Didn't hear a lot of talk about him, but I remember reading that Parcells loved meeting him).

We could absolutely love somebody right now, but if he does something like get a 5 on the Wonderlic, or run a slow 40 time, he'll fall on our board.

MadDog 88
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Zach, maybe I can offer something from a different perspective. You're right in saying anyone can say the have sources and pass on any information behind this to feed the public info. I see a big difference though in CK and Hooshoops posts then the OPs. When someone inserts several blurbs about being a talent evaluator in the only 4 posts he has put on this sight, odds are he is seeking to fill a void in his life that has to deal with feeling important.

I don't know much about Hooshoops but I do read his posts and respect his opinion on scouting. He has earned credibility with me by being fairly accurate in talent evaluation. CK I believe is a Journalism Major (Chris?) but I do follow him and several members of the local media on Twitter and have seen enough to know that they talk back and forth.

Knowing who is going to be picked at #12 is known by only a handful of people. Knowing who they are interested in is certainly much more public knowledge. There is no certainty on who will make it and who won't, but we all have our opinions which makes for great reading and even better debate.

For the record, I think the talent evaluator needs more then just 4 posts and his proclamation of his standing in the world for me to give him any credibility.

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I never said I believed a word from the OP. He has Taylor Mays #1 on his list for the Phins. I hope to God hes a fraud lol. Its all good man. I also made the point that only 3 people really know who the pick is. i enjoy poker, so I guess thats why most of us enjoy draft time. Its one big poker game full of lies, bs, mis direction, and hidden somewhere in there, the odd truth.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't think those 3 people even know, not right now.

OrlandoFin
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
My sources have told me that their sources have heard from sources that the Dolphins are indeed interested in drafting someone that may or may not be on the board at #12, or they may be interested in trading that pick and drafting someone else that may or may not be on the board when they do finally pick if they decide to pick or possibly trade the pick again in an effort to gain more picks.

I have more than two weeks of talent evaluation from an online course I took and have sent my resume to all 35 NFL teams. I have twittered with a host of players who may or may not be drafted and they have assured me that they have sources that tell them their sources have heard the same thing I have heard about Miami's pick and there is definite interest there.

:tongue2:

rushfinfan85
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I think right now the have a very good idea who they are going to take but it would not leak out like this person says that it does

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
it's just purely speculation on my part but i believe barring a nt upgrade in free agency that a guy like dan williams is in play with our 1st round pick...

you just can't get by with an ok nose in a 3-4...you need a player...and i think that while dan williams doesn't offer much of an array of pass rush moves he's got the goods to be one heck of a pro nose...and i love that he carries most his weight in his lower half for anchoring and has such a good motor...

plus dan williams has proven durable and has upside as a pass rusher...

i've already heard sparano in an interview use the past tense when talking about fergie so i think we're moving on...

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Zach, maybe I can offer something from a different perspective. You're right in saying anyone can say the have sources and pass on any information behind this to feed the public info. I see a big difference though in CK and Hooshoops posts then the OPs. When someone inserts several blurbs about being a talent evaluator in the only 4 posts he has put on this sight, odds are he is seeking to fill a void in his life that has to deal with feeling important.

I don't know much about Hooshoops but I do read his posts and respect his opinion on scouting. He has earned credibility with me by being fairly accurate in talent evaluation. CK I believe is a Journalism Major (Chris?) but I do follow him and several members of the local media on Twitter and have seen enough to know that they talk back and forth.

Knowing who is going to be picked at #12 is known by only a handful of people. Knowing who they are interested in is certainly much more public knowledge. There is no certainty on who will make it and who won't, but we all have our opinions which makes for great reading and even better debate.

For the record, I think the talent evaluator needs more then just 4 posts and his proclamation of his standing in the world for me to give him any credibility.

Sorry to disappoint, not a journalism major. Econ major. I do a lot of financial writing though (not to be confused with underwriting), just means I write a fair amount of commentary and whatnot. And I do speak with some of the local guys, I used to speak with them more than I do now.

I just think the original poster is putting on a joke. I would almost say he's trying to parody myself or Boomer...but I'm not sure. It seems like a Juan Huron type of joke.

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
all i know Hoops is a serious depression will set in for me if we dont upgrade the wr core. i know this team has many needs, but give Chad Henne a fighting chance. at the very least, get a guy like Scheffler at TE that can make plays then. give him something. unlike alot of people on here, I dont think Camarillo is a solid #2. hes a number 4 on most teams with legit talent at wr.

OrlandoFin
02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
all i know Hoops is a serious depression will set in for me if we dont upgrade the wr core. i know this team has many needs, but give Chad Henne a fighting chance. at the very least, get a guy like Scheffler at TE that can make plays then. give him something. unlike alot of people on here, I dont think Camarillo is a solid #2. hes a number 4 on most teams with legit talent at wr.

I don't have a doubt they will upgrade WR, I just don't think that upgrade will come from Dez Bryant. I am a huge Demaryius Thomas fan, and would love to see Miami pick up an additional second round pick and use one of them on him. I do think they will bring in a guy that can be used as a #1 right now though. I have no sources, but I just get a feeling the Boldin will be a Dolphin next year. Just a pur gut feeling. But even if Boldin is not the guy they will address the WR spot in the off-season.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
it's just purely speculation on my part but i believe barring a nt upgrade in free agency that a guy like dan williams is in play with our 1st round pick...

you just can't get by with an ok nose in a 3-4...you need a player...and i think that while dan williams doesn't offer much of an array of pass rush moves he's got the goods to be one heck of a pro nose...and i love that he carries most his weight in his lower half for anchoring and has such a good motor...

i've already heard sparano in an interview use the past tense when talking about fergie so i think we're moving on...

That could very well be. I think that they really need to revamp the OLB situation because they went with a pair of guys in 2009 that just did not work well together and IMO it affected all three levels of the defense. Accepting Jason Taylor back may have, in all actuality, been no smarter a coup than having brought Joey Porter here to pair with Jason Taylor in the first place back in 2007.

I would like more speed and tenacity at those positions, more bumping and jamming of receivers specifically the tight end. I think we could be OK with JT and CW rotating at ROLB and into the pass rush formations...but I'd love to see someone like Derrick Morgan at LOLB if possible. It does scare me that Morgan could be like a 4.78 guy, but he reminds me a lot of Tamba Hali, and Hali was a 4.82 guy, played ROLB for the Chiefs this year and his 58 plays on the QB in only 453 pass rushes made him among the best pass rushers in the league. He was one of the few bright spots on that defense.

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM

i agree the wr core needs that guy...and the only one i can say with absolute confidence that can fill that role in the draft is dez bryant...

i don't think there could be a more perfect fit for exactly what this offense needs at wr to complete the core...

he's PERFECT for it...

i think benn might be a very good pro...but like ck has said before his route running is an issue...

the other guys for my eyes i'm kinda in just hoping mode...

demarious thomas the wildcard...

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 05:31 PM
ya, Bryant is a stud. reminds me of a more athletic Boldin. they have to do something, they cant just keep shopping in the bargain section. i wouldnt give more than a 3rd for Boldin, I see him as a 1a. hes not a legit #1 wr IMO.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM

I'm right there with you. I want Antonio Bryant but I have a feeling that would just be a band-aid. Dez Bryant would be a fix.

This WR class is so...off-putting, though. Outside of Dez and maybe Golden Tate, there isn't a single WR that I don't feel like I could rip apart as being possibly out of the league in 3 years...they all have such significant warts. Slowpokes, midgets or a-holes...or some combination of the three.

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
That could very well be. I think that they really need to revamp the OLB situation because they went with a pair of guys in 2009 that just did not work well together and IMO it affected all three levels of the defense. Accepting Jason Taylor back may have, in all actuality, been no smarter a coup than having brought Joey Porter here to pair with Jason Taylor in the first place back in 2007.

I would like more speed and tenacity at those positions, more bumping and jamming of receivers specifically the tight end. I think we could be OK with JT and CW rotating at ROLB and into the pass rush formations...but I'd love to see someone like Derrick Morgan at LOLB if possible. It does scare me that Morgan could be like a 4.78 guy, but he reminds me a lot of Tamba Hali, and Hali was a 4.82 guy, played ROLB for the Chiefs this year and his 58 plays on the QB in only 453 pass rushes made him among the best pass rushers in the league. He was one of the few bright spots on that defense.

i didn't watch a whole lot of hali and the chiefs this year but i'm not sure that's worth pick #12 to me...

i don't know...no doubt we need to upgrade the lb core though...no doubt

i'm in wait and see mode on morgan as a solb...a 4.78 WILL make me nervous though i can say that

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm right there with you. I want Antonio Bryant but I have a feeling that would just be a band-aid. Dez Bryant would be a fix.

This WR class is so...off-putting, though. Outside of Dez and maybe Golden Tate, there isn't a single WR that I don't feel like I could rip apart as being possibly out of the league in 3 years...they all have such significant warts. Slowpokes, midgets or a-holes...or some combination of the three.

my concern with tate is separation...i've also heard a lot of people say slot wr...don't know that i see that personally

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM

ya i hear ya. thats what i mean. no more guys that maybe can contribute. get a guy that can make plays, that can take over games. its time. that jeremy Williams caught my eye, but again, looks shrimplike. CK, I have a thing for bigger wr's, so I will unjustly critique smaller ones lol. I just think in the redzome they are such a mismatch, that all things equal, give me the bigger guy.

i think the Phins have to get 2 legit weapons at wr, or 1 wr and a TE. if we draft Dez and do nothing else, you will have a rookie wr probably seeing double teams. no one else is going to concern the D. add in another guy, or a TE, and at least they have to honour it.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I think maybe my only concern is that the ball was generally so well placed we don't know a ton about how well Tate adjusts to it.

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I think maybe my only concern is that the ball was generally so well placed we don't know a ton about how well Tate adjusts to it.

interesting...yeah jimmy clausen for my eyes is the best qb in the draft...

but i will readily admit that if i struggle with one position evaluation wise it's pegging college qbs as franchise pro players...

slimm seems to have the qb thing down very well...

mmikel30
02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
i for one don't want to be shocked

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
interesting...yeah jimmy clausen for my eyes is the best qb in the draft...

but i will readily admit that if i struggle with one position evaluation wise it's pegging college qbs as franchise pro players...

slimm seems to have the qb thing down very well...

Brian Brohm agrees with you Hoops. lol. just playin. i cant recall if its Kiper or McShay. one likes Clausen, the other hates him. Kiper said Seattle may look at him, or the Skins.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
ya i hear ya. thats what i mean. no more guys that maybe can contribute. get a guy that can make plays, that can take over games. its time. that jeremy Williams caught my eye, but again, looks shrimplike. CK, I have a thing for bigger wr's, so I will unjustly critique smaller ones lol. I just think in the redzome they are such a mismatch, that all things equal, give me the bigger guy.

Receivers are getting bigger, no doubt about it. Jeremy's issue, aside from his not being particularly big, is that I'm not sure he's outclassing anything but 4.6 speed. He has hands about as strong as they come, he will work the slot really well, but he's not a physical player and he's not especially tall or fast.

It sucks when a bunch of players like THAT are some of your best options.

Forget like the Larry Fitzgeralds or Randy Moss, etc....where's the Sidney Rice in this class? Where's the Reggie Wayne?

That said, at times when you consider the sheer incompetence that we put up with at the WR position, there's something to be said for guys like Eric Decker, Jeremy Williams and Blair White...guys whom you KNOW will give you a certain something. They are guys that will run routes, create some separation, and catch the football with strong hands. I particularly fell for Blair White when I watched him up close in Shrine practices all week. It was no coincidence how big he came up for the East squad during the game. He showed literally the same thing as the practices. It's a body awareness and ability to focus on multiple things, plus strong hands and a knack for getting open because corners have a hard time reading his head, eyes and shoulders. When I asked him, Patrick Stoudamire Jr. (who was probably the best CB on the East squad) told me that Blair White was the guy that was hardest to cover all week, and that was the Thursday night before the game. Blair is a good 6'2" and 200+ pounds too.

Clipse
02-01-2010, 05:53 PM
The hell?

ZachThomas76
02-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Ya, if Camarillo is gone, Im fine with it. Ginn is dead to me. So we have a slot guy in Bess, and i still cant figure out what Hartline is. I dont want him as my #2, but Bess works the slot. I guess in a perfect world the Phins have 2 starting wr's, and they move Hartline around and of course he plays good ST's.

RealDriscoll
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I can't remeber being so excited and interested ina Dolphins' draft pick. This year a cream of the crop player like a Spiller, McClain, Earl Thomas, Bryant could fall into our lap but then again a Senior who played well in the Senior Bowl like Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, Sean Weatherspoon, and Brandon Graham are certain to be there. I'd be surprised if we pick someone I haven't listed in this post.

I believe certain players have sources but this is def. a joke; While most sources don't like to be named his information and detail are lacking.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Hartline did some things that make me think he could start, and I'm speaking as one of his biggest detractors heading into the season. He could develop into a very solid starter. I could see like a Dez Bryant on one side, a Brian Hartline on the other, and a Davone Bess on the inside.

Quadfather
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
one word...strategry

#1dolphinsfan
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
my "Scorce" is telling me BP is going to do what he has always done in drafts and that is draft Defense. oh yea BTW i dont have any scorces

SpurzN703
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Because it entertains him, simple as that. How can anyone read the following things and still take him seriously?

Give me a break. 500 hours on Spiller? I'm not even sure there are 500 hours of Spiller on tape. He's going to contact Spiller and see if he'll do a personal Combine for him?

What I don't understand is why someone would go to the trouble to lie about all of this stuff. I'm not saying I believe the guy b/c I could care less. But having guys like him and Retired Dolfan Stan (who I liked b/c at least he was funny) on this site always made me wonder what a human being would do if bored enough.

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Hartline did some things that make me think he could start, and I'm speaking as one of his biggest detractors heading into the season. He could develop into a very solid starter. I could see like a Dez Bryant on one side, a Brian Hartline on the other, and a Davone Bess on the inside.

that's the way i'd work it...

talent_scout
02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Good stuff here. Sorry, don't have time to read through all the posts on this thread, but I am really glad to see the interest. This story has real legs now folks. A major shift has occured and I think many of you will be surprised when I feel more comfortable about leaking the name. And no, it wont be like the 2000 KD Kolesho fiasco...I am sure the few other insiders around here will have a laugh at that.

I did see a few people attack me on this thread, which is fine but I want to reiterate that I am not an amateur talent scout, i don't fly on my own dime to scout players, and I have sat in the war rooms with 45 seconds on the clock and the head coach turns to you and says, "give me a name." Some others on here do fine work, such as CK, but always remember they are amateur. They are well intentioned, but sort of like the local band that never leaves the crowds they draw playing in their garage. I do this for a living (not lucrative) but I get by. I take this very seriously and my credibility very seriously. All I want is to bring some Fin fans the news I heat, when I hear it (and trust me I WILL here it before anyone on here). I am not even charging you for it, so if you feel threatened like many do on this thread, come talk to me when the head man turns to you with under a minute in the 4th round, and says whose it gonna be kid? That my friend, if you ever get that chance, is an amazing feeling. Even if it makes you go outside and throw up 4 times after the round is over.

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
just tell me it's dez bryant...

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Good stuff here. Sorry, don't have time to read through all the posts on this thread, but I am really glad to see the interest. This story has real legs now folks. A major shift has occured and I think many of you will be surprised when I feel more comfortable about leaking the name. And no, it wont be like the 2000 KD Kolesho fiasco...I am sure the few other insiders around here will have a laugh at that.

I did see a few people attack me on this thread, which is fine but I want to reiterate that I am not an amateur talent scout, i don't fly on my own dime to scout players, and I have sat in the war rooms with 45 seconds on the clock and the head coach turns to you and says, "give me a name." Some others on here do fine work, such as CK, but always remember they are amateur. They are well intentioned, but sort of like the local band that never leaves the crowds they draw playing in their garage. I do this for a living (not lucrative) but I get by. I take this very seriously and my credibility very seriously. All I want is to bring some Fin fans the news I heat, when I hear it (and trust me I WILL here it before anyone on here). I am not even charging you for it, so if you feel threatened like many do on this thread, come talk to me when the head man turns to you with under a minute in the 4th round, and says whose it gonna be kid? That my friend, if you ever get that chance, is an amazing feeling. Even if it makes you go outside and throw up 4 times after the round is over.

It's very close to being funny but not quite there. The guys that generally impersonated Juan Huron had it down better. Though you did have me cracking up with the reference to the "2000 KD Kolesho fiasco".

talent_scout
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I cannot confirm or deny the Dez Bryant idea. DB is a big talent. However, there is fear that DB will be gone before the Fins pick. The name I am hearing will not require a trade-up and maybe will even allow the Fins to trade out of that pick and drop a few slots (into the 18-25 range).

Ok boys, I gotta run, having some dinner with a colleague who does some consulting for the Vikings. Then will be coming home to break down some tape on Brandon Lang, aka Brandon "his milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" Lang of Troy. Good prospect but definitely some stiffness in hips and pelvis. I will report back when I finish with my Breakdown of "Later Rounds DE Hopefuls: Violent Beauty," a piece I am working on for a very well regarded Draft website.

Ozfin77
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM

All due respect dude, but right now, on this forum, you have little if any credibility.

The only way to EARN it, is to drop some names and you get paid (in credibility points) on draft day if you stick around here long enough.

So.....stop putting down the guys who have been around here a long time and earn some credibilty.

talent_scout
02-01-2010, 06:45 PM
It's very close to being funny but not quite there. The guys that generally impersonated Juan Huron had it down better. Though you did have me cracking up with the reference to the "2000 KD Kolesho fiasco".

There was no KD koleosho fiasco. I just wanted to see if you would take the bait - and you did hook, line , and sinker. I dont mean to be rude, but now you are guilty of laughing at something that did not exist, but you were willing to take this risk due to the fact that I set it up for you to sound like an insider.

Epic mistake. And for yours and other's information, there was no "fiasco." KDK was a pretty good RB in the late 1990's out of SE Missou. Good kid, didn't have the juice to make it to the league, but enjoyed my measurement session with him. Wow, time flys! Ok, off to dinner. Will have more info in a few days, will report back by Friday when I return from a private work out at Pro Potential.

DKphin
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
:up:

Ozfin77
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh man, this guy is funny...

Although not that funny......kinda like a girl that flaunts it all night but then waves buh-bye with a wink and a cheeky grin as she's walking out the door with her boyfriend/husband.

I'm happy to make my own judgements on the guys in this draft, while also taking on board comments from some of you guys.

Sofla328
02-01-2010, 06:58 PM
This is awesome!

3rdandinches
02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
I cannot confirm or deny the Dez Bryant idea. DB is a big talent. However, there is fear that DB will be gone before the Fins pick. The name I am hearing will not require a trade-up and maybe will even allow the Fins to trade out of that pick and drop a few slots (into the 18-25 range).

Ok boys, I gotta run, having some dinner with a colleague who does some consulting for the Vikings. Then will be coming home to break down some tape on Brandon Lang, aka Brandon "his milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" Lang of Troy. Good prospect but definitely some stiffness in hips and pelvis. I will report back when I finish with my Breakdown of "Later Rounds DE Hopefuls: Violent Beauty," a piece I am working on for a very well regarded Draft website.

Let us know why you can't report the prospects names, we would understand sources but everyone in the league is looking at every prospect so why hide!

I'm sure by your 10th post your cred will be through the roof around here, good luck and thanks for sharing your professional inside info. I know if I were a pro I'd be on a fan board pumping my own intelligence for all to learn, thanks again.

Enjoy your McDonald's happy meal.

Lord Of Miami
02-01-2010, 07:22 PM

I'll take this guy over Juan Huron, i didn't find anything about Juan funny other then his 1st post.

Ether way were still talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgTBoBAhoXc

tical
02-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Not sure if this possibility has been mentioned yet! but lets assume that our OP is legit, couldn't one conclude that this "new" person in the dolphins scope would be someone that stood out at the senior bowl?

and given terms like this person wasn't on the radar etc I'm thinking along the line of B.Graham

no? yes? crazy reasoning?

finner
02-01-2010, 08:29 PM
of course it's a fraud -- what kind of moron comes on and posts crap like that???

really to think for an instant otherwise is beyond stupid...

Dolfan4life34
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM
This guy is a clown lol. If he really is this big talent evaluator why dont he go head to head with CK on this years draft.

Mile High Fin
02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I can't wait to read more from talent_scout, a true draft expert...

baseballcb95
02-01-2010, 08:45 PM
talent_scout is my hero, all you gotta do is look at the name! dude scouts talent. simple. we are so lucky to have him and his negative reputation/fraudyness on this forum. you guys should feel ashamed for calling out this lowly feller who lacks importance in his life.

rayfinkle1334
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
well, my sources tell me that we're really high on this Marino kid out of Pitt. if he is there at 27, i guarantee Miami will take him:jcane:

Ozfin77
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Alot of people around here talkin up their scouting/draft abilities...

Maybe they'd like to show us all how good they are and join the draft game thats being organised on "our" forum...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/mock-draft-game-269049.html

Cya there guys.

rrrrphin
02-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Juan is funny...

talent scout is too into "personnel measurements" and "private workouts"

Lord Of Miami
02-01-2010, 09:52 PM
If any of you want a real scouts take............http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

Astrosback
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
The OP is ridonkulous!:hump:

But it begs the question as to what is the most out-of-the-box pick it could possibly be. Someone we're not thinking of.

Maybe Rutgers OT Anthony Davis?

He could be arguably the best tackle in this class and very good value if there at 12. This would only be possible if the Trio were that down on Donald Thomas, want to keep Nate Garner as the key reserve and are very worried about Smiley/Grove staying healthy and think Vernon Carey would be great at RG.

It would be a baffling pick but our OL would then indeed be tops in the NFL.

Anthony Davis has franchise LT talent/potential, especially for pass blocking. It would give Henne all day with Long and Davis as bookends and Vernon at RG to road grade the run game. And then we have better depth for when (not if) Smiley/Grove get banged up.

And then the rest of the draft they go defense.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 10:40 PM
There was no KD koleosho fiasco. I just wanted to see if you would take the bait - and you did hook, line , and sinker. I dont mean to be rude, but now you are guilty of laughing at something that did not exist, but you were willing to take this risk due to the fact that I set it up for you to sound like an insider.

Epic mistake. And for yours and other's information, there was no "fiasco." KDK was a pretty good RB in the late 1990's out of SE Missou. Good kid, didn't have the juice to make it to the league, but enjoyed my measurement session with him. Wow, time flys! Ok, off to dinner. Will have more info in a few days, will report back by Friday when I return from a private work out at Pro Potential.

LMFAO. You missed the point. That's precisely why I was laughing.

newlownorder
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm starting to think talent_scout is none other than Cam Cameron. Shoo fly, shoo.

ckparrothead
02-01-2010, 10:46 PM
This guy's growing on me, in his own way. The reference to asking C.J. Spiller if he could do a personal Combine with him was pretty genius. And K.D. Koleosho is even a real personage, he really was a RB at SE Missouri State back in 1999-2000.

I take it back, this guy's off to a good start and if he can continue showing this kind of quick improvement, he might get to Juan Huron status.

Pinkboy
02-01-2010, 10:47 PM
If any of you want a real scouts take............http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

Yeah I heard him on WQAM the other day. His interview is still archived on QAM if you go to Audio-> Interviews.

His site is Movethesticks.com

a former scout from Baltimore and Cleveland who doesn't need to go on team boards making an A$$ hat out of himself.

you hear that OP ?

hooshoops
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM

damn i like this guy already...he says dan williams is top 20 and i agree...

Clipse
02-02-2010, 12:05 AM
This thread/poster has potential.

I am Bane
02-02-2010, 01:35 AM
i laugh.... someone is really into themselves... and i laugh cause this is a type of thread i would put out if i was bored, just for some laughs... but damn he typed a lot!!!

if it is true, and the name was OG- Mike Iupati from Idaho.... i would not complain one bit!!!

TedSlimmJr
02-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Could be Everson Griffen...

This guy bends the arc and uses his inside arm to rip like Orakpo did coming of Texas...except Griffen has a sick spin move that Orakpo didn't have...

On tape he looks like a better player than Hughes or Kindle....he's almost a combination of the two....he has both players strengths but neither of their weaknesses.....has the ability to stack and shed at the POA...and unbelievably smooth getting depth on his drops in coverage...

I think he's going to be a hot prospect if he does well in linebacker drills....no question he can be very effective as a DE in a 4-3....

Clipse
02-02-2010, 07:11 AM

This guy bends the arc and uses his inside arm to rip like Orakpo did coming of Texas...except Griffen has a sick spin move that Orakpo didn't have...

On tape he looks like a better player than Hughes or Kindle....he's almost a combination of the two....he has both players strengths but neither of their weaknesses.....has the ability to stack and shed at the POA...and unbelievably smooth getting depth on his drops in coverage...

I think he's going to be a hot prospects if he does well in linebacker drills....no question he can be very effective as a DE in a 4-3....
Griffen doesn't get talked about much does he. I'm hoping to look at some more tape on him within the next week.

Pat-London
02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Only team that can know for certain whom they're picking is 1st overall, and even then, they are probably unsure at this moment in time.

Way too early to say who is picking whom.

I have no doubt the Holy Trinity have a LIST of people they like, not only at 12, but likely at 20, 21 etc. just incase they trade down.. heck they probably have a list of people for if they trade up.

Its all speculation at the moment. However, we do have needs and they've been exhausted through this forum in great detail. Then there is the BPA approach.

Its great to see all the banter back and forth and those of us on here who have inside knowledge I doubt are foolish enough to let anything slip otherwise they would be closed off from any more knowledge gathering.

To come on here and say you know for a fact that the Dolphins are drafting a certain way I believe is somewhat foolish.. Who knew Miami was going to take Ginn at 9.. that probably threw out of whack the next few picks.

Closer to the time when the combine and personal/school work outs are complete will probably be a better time to get to more educated speculation. At this time however, its all good fun and educating times what with the efforts of the "Other Holy Trinity" over at UniversalDraft.

Harry_Bagpipe
02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
This guy is obviously starved for attention and he has gotten exactly what he wants. A six page thread on a post that he gave that had no substance and seemed liked it was written by a 14 year old.

He's prob yankin it with a big smile on his face behind the keyboard as to how many responses he is getting.

Just guessing here, but talent scouts that sit in warrooms and have final say on mid round picks dont go on team forums flaunting how awesome they are compared to other people. The lack of any real names also doesnt allow us to hold his feet to the fire when/if his prediction doesnt come to fruition. Think about it. He's essentially saying that he can't divulge names because it would make it soooooo obvious who he was since he is the only one in the whole dolphin organization who would know what the FO is thinking.

Harry_Bagpipe
02-02-2010, 10:48 AM

I am actually now convinced. It must take a hellava scout to watch 5 hours of tape on Spiller every day for over 3 months. This along with the 600 hundred hours he's watched of Suh, the 400 hours hes watched of Clauson and not including the hundreds of hours he's watched of each of the top 100 prospects this draft.

Lucky for us TalentEvaluatorScoutBoy is from the exciting alternate universe of Philziac where each days consist of 1000 hours and time moves at a tenth of the speed as it does here.

We are blessed to be lucky enough to have you. Did I mention that?

RockyMtnPhinfan
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
The poster sure seems more than distracted by the player's butt's. Did anyone else pick up on this?

DaytonaDolFan13
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I think our REGIME is smart enough to keep the vital information from us... And is also clever enough to plant mis-information to bring the rats out.

But what the heyy. Lets run with this notion. So the 80% guy is MCCLAIN. And let me guess they're buying the '2 DOWN RUN STOPPER' bull****t about Mc and thats why he's 'slipping' . oh and another guess, the out of nowhere guy is FS MYRON ROLLE

IMHO this is just crap. McCLAIN will be our RAY LEWIS and they're worried he might not be available.

RockyMtnPhinfan
02-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Maybe Jason Worilds?
Check out this write up on him...the guy is strong as an ox!

http://www.universaldraft.com/2010/01/31/2010-spotlight-de-jason-worrilds-virginia-tech/

ChambersWI
02-02-2010, 12:41 PM

I think he's going to be a hot prospect if he does well in linebacker drills....no question he can be very effective as a DE in a 4-3....

I briefly mentioned Griffen about a month ago. I like his athleticism and he's been fairly productive for 3 years. He's def. a guy I'd keep an eye on at the Senior Bowl.

I personally would also throw Navarro Bowman in there as well for ILB.

zodiak
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
CK I agree the OP might be clowning the so called "experts" on here (boomer,CK, ect.) if he's not either way I think its ammussing to me because so many here have posted with angry comments towards the OP.

The fact is we all take are self's and views a bit to seriously at times, I feel I have a strong knowledge of football and who can and cant play, but the way a team drafts is so secretive that at this stage of the process there is simply no way of knowing what 4-5 players any given team is zeroing in on,its way to early FA hasnt even taken place which always alters a teams draft plan to an extent.

I also feel hearing teams are interested in Player X doesnt mean anything either maybe its genuine interest, maybe a smokescreen but certainly means nothing much more than a name because if the player isnt on the board when the team picks it doesnt matter.

I do appreciate the knowledge thats shared here, I do sometimes wish guys would be more specific about why a guy cant play than why he can,seems easy to make a comparison to a current pro and say he can do it because player "A" is the same kind of hgt/wght but I understand we are making cases for are favorite players.

As for the 12th pick, I think its a tough pick most likely there will not be a cant miss player here, and as for the team needs the safest picks might all be at positions miami is somewhat set... OL, CB, DE, so the question then becomes what to do trade back,select the pure PBA(which I think might be an OT & would make that pick...except for salary cost).

However in my master plan I'd trade for Marshall(only if I can get him for a 3rd rnd or lower...if another team out bids fine but recent WR trades have gone for about the same) then draft to improve the defense with a TE somewhere in the mid rounds.... ILB,NT & OLB are needs IMO.

jim1
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
CK I agree the OP might be clowning the so called "experts" on here (boomer,CK, ect.) if he's not either way I think its ammussing to me because so many here have posted with angry comments towards the OP.

The fact is we all take are self's and views a bit to seriously at times, I feel I have a strong knowledge of football and who can and cant play, but the way a team drafts is so secretive that at this stage of the process there is simply no way of knowing what 4-5 players any given team is zeroing in on,its way to early FA hasnt even taken place which always alters a teams draft plan to an extent.

I also feel hearing teams are interested in Player X doesnt mean anything either maybe its genuine interest, maybe a smokescreen but certainly means nothing much more than a name because if the player isnt on the board when the team picks it doesnt matter.

I do appreciate the knowledge thats shared here, I do sometimes wish guys would be more specific about why a guy cant play than why he can,seems easy to make a comparison to a current pro and say he can do it because player "A" is the same kind of hgt/wght but I understand we are making cases for are favorite players.

As for the 12th pick, I think its a tough pick most likely there will not be a cant miss player here, and as for the team needs the safest picks might all be at positions miami is somewhat set... OL, CB, DE, so the question then becomes what to do trade back,select the pure PBA(which I think might be an OT & would make that pick...except for salary cost).

However in my master plan I'd trade for Marshall(only if I can get him for a 3rd rnd or lower...if another team out bids fine but recent WR trades have gone for about the same) then draft to improve the defense with a TE somewhere in the mid rounds.... ILB,NT & OLB are needs IMO.

If Dez Bryant is gone my hope would be that we have an opportunity to trade down- my best guess as to a trading partner would be a LT starved team trading up for Anthony Davis or Bryan Bulaga. If Bryant isn't there at #12 I'd be fine with picking up Benn with a late 1st or early 2nd. Maybe he lasts until our 2nd rd pick, who knows. He's still the 2nd best WR to me, after Bryant and just before Tate. I'd be comfortable with sliding down to Green Bay's #23 slot and picking up their 2nd- I could see them making a move for Bulaga, they have to protect Rodgers better.

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
If Dez Bryant is gone my hope would be that we have an opportunity to trade down- my best guess as to a trading partner would be a LT starved team trading up for Anthony Davis or Bryan Bulaga. If Bryant isn't there after a trade down I'd be fine with picking up Benn with a late 1st or early 2nd. Maybe he lasts until our 2nd rd pick, who knows. He's still the 2nd best WR to me, after Bryant and just before Tate. I'd be comfortable with sliding down to Green bay's #23 slot and picking up their 2nd- I could see them making a move for Bulaga, they have to protect Rodgers better.

i agree...

as for the attacking the op i've stayed out of that...don't really see it as productive and i'm all ears for anyones opinions on players we may have interest in...i'll make my own decisions on if i think they carry validity...

guess you could say i'll take all the information i can get...lol

jim1
02-02-2010, 01:35 PM
i agree...

as for the attacking the op i've stayed out of that...don't really see it as productive and i'm all ears for anyones opinions on players we may have interest in...i'll make my own decisions on if i think they carry validity...

guess you could say i'll take all the information i can get...lol

Colin Linsday of GBN had Benn rated the #7 overall prospect in Sept 2009, before the college season began. I believe that he was the pre season favorite for Big 12 player of the year as well. It's the same old argument, but I choose to not overly penalize him for a lack of production in his senior year- I'd rather factor in what I believe weighed him down, Juice Williams and a Ron Zook offense that was plodding and didn't play into his strengths.

Gilyard looked good late in the year and in the Senior Bowl, but I can't escape Benn's size, speed and yac ability. Lafell, as I've said about 20 times, remains somewhat of a mystery to me, but I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd rd- a good receiver could very well fall to us there, but I'd rather slide down in the 1st and make it happen, then go defense with the 2nd and 3rd rd picks- and the extra 2nd or 3rd if we trade down. I like Dan Williams quite a bit, but #12? Not so sure about that. Bryant falling to #12 solves a lot of problems in my mind, as does a trade down- it's a matter of getting value for #12. I'd still like to see us take a flyer on Jimmy Graham or Mike Williams in the 4th.

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 01:41 PM
i think benn would be a guy who would make a smooth transition into our offense...i really do

the lack of production doesn't bother me all that much with him when i look at the total package...the route running needs work but there are ways with that guys skillset to get production out of him from the get go imo...

and man do i like when he turns his shoulders square and heads downhill...dez bryant and benn are pile movers...

as far as some other thoughts if bryant or mcclain are there at #12 i take them without hesitation if not i look into maybe trading down a bit...

SnakeoilSeller
02-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Like many you, I read stuff on here and take the "truth" of it with a grain of salt. No need to attack him, because if it proves to be false there will be plenty of people on here that will remind him. I will say this however, though I like the kid personally, if the pick is Tim Tebow, Talent Scout you need to use your "inside influence" and everything else in your power to stop them.

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
if it's tim tebow i'm turning in my dolphins card...for real

jim1
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
i think benn would be a guy who would make a smooth transition into our offense...i really do

the lack of production doesn't bother me all that much with him when i look at the total package...the route running needs work but there are ways with that guys skillset to get production out of him from the get go imo...

and man do i like when he turns his shoulders square and heads downhill...dez bryant and benn are pile movers...

as far as some other thoughts if bryant or mcclain are there at #12 i take them without hesitation if not i look into maybe trading down a bit...

For me it would be Bryant hands down. I'm not as high on McClain at #12 as most on this board, I'd rather go for a more impact position with the high pick and draft my old stand by, Sean Lee, in the 3rd. or better yet trade down in the 1st if Bryant isn't there at #12. And it still wouldn't shock me if brandon Spikes slips into the 2nd rd- we'll see what he runs the 40 in at the combine. But still, the rule changes have made the NFL a passing league, and the WR position has to be fixed, then go crazy on the defense. We have to be able to stetch a defense vertically, and that keeps Jermaine Gresham in the back of my mind, too.

TedSlimmJr
02-02-2010, 02:05 PM
if it's tim tebow i'm turning in my dolphins card...for real

Tim Tebow would be a steal at #12....he's a top 5 pick...

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Tim Tebow would be a steal at #12....he's a top 5 pick...

that's not funny slimm... :facepalm:

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
For me it would be Bryant hands down. I'm not as high on McClain at #12 as most on this board, I'd rather go for a more impact position with the high pick and draft my old stand by, Sean Lee, in the 3rd. or better yet trade down in the 1st if Bryant isn't there at #12. And it still wouldn't shock me if brandon Spikes slips into the 2nd rd- we'll see what he runs the 40 in at the combine. But still, the rule changes have made the NFL a passing league, and the WR position has to be fixed, then go crazy on the defense. We have to be able to stetch a defense vertically, and that keeps Jermaine Gresham in the back of my mind, too.

bryant and gresham would both fix some things...no doubt

ckparrothead
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Arrelious Benn can catch anything and he can use his power to get yards after the catch. I'm just not sure he can consistently get open against man coverage.

phinfreak
02-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello guys. I just wanted to alert you to some very close-hold information I have been receiving from my sources. I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board, and I have often tried to bring you information that the rest of you do not have access to. I never flaunt my connections, as you know, but I have some very interesting information coming out of the Fins organization:

In the last week, the Fins have undergone a major direction change in who they were targeting for their first round pick. There was a about an 80% chance they would go with a certain player; however, according my insider information, it looks as if this player has slid considerably. Not off the radar, but another player has emerged as "that dude." Now, I am not at liberty to divulge the names of these players, but I can assure you something big is going down and if nothing changes between now and the draft, you will hear a name that has been on NOBODY's radar as a likely Fin pick. I will fill you in more as more information comes to me. Moves are being made and the Trifecta is way outside the box on this one. I didn't see it coming at all, and I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site. Godspeed. More to come, hold your hoses, this is going to be a crazy ride.

I call BS!

Far to early for any team to have their minds made up on 'the guy'.

You must take Fin fans as idiots.

mmikel30
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Let us know why you can't report the prospects names, we would understand sources but everyone in the league is looking at every prospect so why hide!

I'm sure by your 10th post your cred will be through the roof around here, good luck and thanks for sharing your professional inside info. I know if I were a pro I'd be on a fan board pumping my own intelligence for all to learn, thanks again.

Enjoy your McDonald's happy meal.this guy is playing with everyone if you read his posts he keeps saying i gotta go now and scout this guy or that guy etc. plus twice he has made statements that are not very heterosexual ! "his pelvis is tight" etc. ...too funny !

ckparrothead
02-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I still love the references to his having challenged Mel Kiper to a mock draft showdown but not having received a reply yet, his having contacted C.J. Spiller on Facebook but not getting a reply, but this time he'll do a better job explaining that he wants to talk to him on behalf of Dol-Fans so he should reply this team...and of course the king of them all, his having invited C.J. Spiller to do a personal Combine with him. Also funny referencing watching hundreds of hours of film on C.J. Spiller during the month of November, and then making up a "KD Koleosho fiasco".

ZachThomas76
02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
You must take Fin fans as idiots.

Uh, and this isn't directed at you, but some are................

- start of the season I was told the wr core was good
- prevailing w/l record on here was 11-5
- Ted Ginn just needs more time, the right offense, a qb with an arm blah blah blah
- Cam Wake is a joke because hes from the CFL
- The FO really does like John Beck
- Greg Camarillo is a solid #2 ( my personal fav)
- Chad Pennington was holding Ted Ginn back
- people still take this regime at face value when they speak, no matter how many times they purposely mislead
- this team is only a wr away from contending ( that has to be my all time fav during the season, classic stuff)

all I have for now................

and for the record, I really like talentscout. he scouts talent, whats not to like?

Conuficus
02-02-2010, 04:16 PM

What school did he play for? Was it Oklahoma under John Blake? And how big was he when he was there?

GeauxFinns3705
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM

ROFL...This post is classic. Some "fake" talent evaluators calling other "fake" talent evaluators out.

All of "us" (on this board) are rank amateurs. No one here is better than another, certainly not good enough to be taken as seriously as some take themselves.

Football is a game. The draft is a game inside the game. You "draft experts" are just "gamers", nothing more.

Stop taking yourselves so damn seriously. No one else with half a brain does, I can assure you.

GeauxFinns3705
02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
i didn't watch a whole lot of hali and the chiefs this year but i'm not sure that's worth pick #12 to me...

i don't know...no doubt we need to upgrade the lb core though...no doubt

i'm in wait and see mode on morgan as a solb...a 4.78 WILL make me nervous though i can say that

No doubt.

JT-forpresident
02-02-2010, 05:16 PM

:bs:

JT-forpresident
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=150&pictureid=781

Talent_scout along with his newest found draft prospect, juan huron

Phinacious
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
:lol2: Classic. LMAO.

Clipse
02-02-2010, 05:54 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=150&pictureid=781

Talent_scout along with his newest found draft prospect, juan huron
I lol'd.

Ozfin77
02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
ROFL...This post is classic. Some "fake" talent evaluators calling other "fake" talent evaluators out.

All of "us" (on this board) are rank amateurs. No one here is better than another, certainly not good enough to be taken as seriously as some take themselves.

Football is a game. The draft is a game inside the game. You "draft experts" are just "gamers", nothing more.

Stop taking yourselves so damn seriously. No one else with half a brain does, I can assure you.

Tend to agree with Geaux here.....

We all (even team scouts) have thier own ways of looking at players...Things they like to see, things they dont..

I once heard someone say opinions are like a$$holes....Everyone has one!

I think that applies here! :lol:

Roman529
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Hello guys. I just wanted to alert you to some very close-hold information I have been receiving from my sources. I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board, and I have often tried to bring you information that the rest of you do not have access to.

You have made 7 posts and your credentials speak for themselves. :lol:

:facepalm:

talent_scout
02-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the interest. This is why I come to Fins forums, always had a high opinion of Miami fans. Have been a life-long Redskins fan, but in my business you can't play favorites. I research, I work out in the community, I measure, and I try to get an overall feeling of an athlete before I make a grade.

The information I shared yesterday still holds true. There are some major adjustments going on amongst Dolphin Brass as we speak. Had an excellent dinner last night with a colleague from the Vikings circle. Had a nice ribeye roast with mashed potatoes, 3-4 dinner rolls and house salad with extra croutons. Finished the meal off with Apple Pie and some sweet tea. As for our discussion, he mentioned a few very interesting ideas about where the Dolphins are going: speed, speed, speed he said. While the Tuna is known to like bigger and stronger, there is a realization amongst the staff that the Fins must get faster, especially on defense. Looking for explosive, fast twitch muscle guys, with a good gluteal base. I rewatched some Fins games today, and was looking at Merling and Starks specifically. Starks had an impressive year, but Merling needs to develop his pop from the core-strap (an insiders term to measure pelvic and hip explosion).

Someone mentioned that I concentrate alot of pelvic areas and buttocks, but the reason why is that is a big measure for me when I grade a gut out. Pelvic/hip snap is an under discussed aspect of explosive football speed/power. Big glutes, well defined hammies, and lean muscle through the pelvis is the 3rd most important indicator I use when calculating "the method." This is 17 variable composition of numerical variables that I developed with my uncle. I will put "the method" against any talent evaluator out there.

I will explain "the method" in more detail soon and share some of my expereinces in war rooms around this time of year in the near future. Slow day on the news front, sending this via a Dell from the bus station. Making a quick trip down to Charlottesville tonight to see if I can get some personal measuring sessions with Nate Collins and Denzell Burrell tomorow. This is the unglamorous side of this business. Long bus trips at times, bad fast food, showing up on a campus in the dead of winter at 2am with an overnight back, a stop watch, and an Accu Measure Fat Caliper. But I do love it, watching these young guys run fast and explode in the weightroom in front of me with 225 racked and pinned, all for a chance at a dream. I once had that dream, that fire, but now I just hope to find that diamond in the rough. That guy that everyone always told no. Livestrong boys.

MadDog 88
02-02-2010, 06:57 PM
An NFL talent scout traveling on Greyhound :lol:

MiamiDolfan85
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM

....this wasnt informative at all....

Ozfin77
02-02-2010, 07:10 PM
This thread gets better and better....ooh man this is funny....

Awsi Dooger
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Had an excellent dinner last night with a colleague from the Vikings circle. Had a nice ribeye roast with mashed potatoes, 3-4 dinner rolls

Busted. Vikings run a 4-3.

Ozfin77
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Busted. Vikings run a 4-3.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I bet I look real dumb laughing at a computer screen!

Trade Viper
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Skin Calipers and not DEXA, really old school.

The Ever Sceptical VIPER

rent this space
02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
wow, there's more than a few questionable remarks about men in that post...

ChadHenne
02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the interest. This is why I come to Fins forums, always had a high opinion of Miami fans. Have been a life-long Redskins fan, but in my business you can't play favorites. I research, I work out in the community, I measure, and I try to get an overall feeling of an athlete before I make a grade.

The information I shared yesterday still holds true. There are some major adjustments going on amongst Dolphin Brass as we speak. Had an excellent dinner last night with a colleague from the Vikings circle. Had a nice ribeye roast with mashed potatoes, 3-4 dinner rolls and house salad with extra croutons. Finished the meal off with Apple Pie and some sweet tea. As for our discussion, he mentioned a few very interesting ideas about where the Dolphins are going: speed, speed, speed he said. While the Tuna is known to like bigger and stronger, there is a realization amongst the staff that the Fins must get faster, especially on defense. Looking for explosive, fast twitch muscle guys, with a good gluteal base. I rewatched some Fins games today, and was looking at Merling and Starks specifically. Starks had an impressive year, but Merling needs to develop his pop from the core-strap (an insiders term to measure pelvic and hip explosion).

Someone mentioned that I concentrate alot of pelvic areas and buttocks, but the reason why is that is a big measure for me when I grade a gut out. Pelvic/hip snap is an under discussed aspect of explosive football speed/power. Big glutes, well defined hammies, and lean muscle through the pelvis is the 3rd most important indicator I use when calculating "the method." This is 17 variable composition of numerical variables that I developed with my uncle. I will put "the method" against any talent evaluator out there.

I will explain "the method" in more detail soon and share some of my expereinces in war rooms around this time of year in the near future. Slow day on the news front, sending this via a Dell from the bus station. Making a quick trip down to Charlottesville tonight to see if I can get some personal measuring sessions with Nate Collins and Denzell Burrell tomorow. This is the unglamorous side of this business. Long bus trips at times, bad fast food, showing up on a campus in the dead of winter at 2am with an overnight back, a stop watch, and an Accu Measure Fat Caliper. But I do love it, watching these young guys run fast and explode in the weightroom in front of me with 225 racked and pinned, all for a chance at a dream. I once had that dream, that fire, but now I just hope to find that diamond in the rough. That guy that everyone always told no. Livestrong boys.

Yes, because recent history shows that going with speed over all other tools in the draft is the smart way to go. Ted Ginn, Pat White...

Oh, nvm. :boohoo:

And, I should add, I bet your mommy and daddy are VERY proud of you. Instead of going out and getting a job, you sit inside their basement all day and watch mindless video of draft prospects and post about it on a blog or message board. Seems like a much better way to spend your time than, well, I don't know...living life?

Anyway, in all likelihood your a very well (or very poorly) disguised troll, but I don't care enough to take too much of an interest in it. If you want to post all your "inside" information, sure, go ahead. Feel free to waste server space. It's your right.

Mile High Fin
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM

Wow. It's so refreshing to hear an inside perspective from a real NFL scout.
Sounds like you know your stuff...

Keep it coming.......I can't get enough...

ZILLA
02-02-2010, 09:31 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/02/Cotdamn-1.gif

jim1
02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
He's right, we need major speed upgrades, especially at WR and LB.

FINS4LIFE16
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
lol who is this dude?

SnakeoilSeller
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I am surprised he went with the Ribeye.

SnakeoilSeller
02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
And he is starting to scare me.

rev kev
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I am surprised he went with the Ribeye. And he is starting to scare me.

2nd coming of Princess Filthy Sheets :facepalm:

newlownorder
02-02-2010, 11:45 PM
I want to place my vote for best thread of the year so far. This keeps getting better and better. Please, talent_scout, tell us more about your love for college guys butts and how their hips move.

zodiak
02-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I find all this amusing mostly because talent_scout is right on many levels.

If you eliminate his self promoting and just absorbe his "opinions" he's not out there, he's accurate.

Read where Phil Savage while working for the Ravens did a study to determine the quality's needed to succeed at the NFL and he determined that a player must have 1 of these 3 qualitys to make it in the NFL....

1-Speed
2-Toughness
3-Intelligence

if a player has all 3 or 2 of the 3 they most likely will make it, 1 of the three they have a fighting chance, a player that doesnt have any of these qualitys will not make it..."no chance".

The one quality that Savage determined is essential to survive in the NFL...speed

So Talent_Scout atleast gets that :)

But you know the more I read this the more I get this creepy feeling about the guy,its his use of odd words, really creepy, kinda like reading some kinda seriel killers letter to the police, same kinda uneasy feelings :ohno:

bert
02-03-2010, 12:27 AM
if this guy even has a 20% of being right.we will not draft mcclain.at 260 and running almost a 4.7 40.crowder and mcclain would expose us to every te in the nfl.

I am Bane
02-03-2010, 12:48 AM
EVERYBODY:

lets stop this thread now before we all become drained into stupidity.

there isn't even a conversation really, or any intellectual discussion coming from it all. this topic died a long time ago (which really should not of really even of started)

newlownorder
02-03-2010, 01:34 AM
EVERYBODY:

lets stop this thread now before we all become drained into stupidity.

there isn't even a conversation really, or any intellectual discussion coming from it all. this topic died a long time ago (which really should not of really even of started)

no way! this thread is great!

tcolli17
02-03-2010, 03:00 AM
This "talent scout" sounds like a total perv.

Kdawg954
02-03-2010, 03:38 AM
This "talent scout" sounds like a total perv.

No question it was one of the gayest post's ever on finheaven. It was jokes for a minute, but now dude is getting desperate for attention with that exploding in the lockerroom ****.

JT-forpresident
02-03-2010, 03:54 AM
no way! this thread is great!

oh yeah, i'll even give it 5 stars :lol:

(not kidding here, i actually did it lol )

phineffect
02-03-2010, 05:08 AM
So taylor mays or Spiller? lol

HybridPHIN 23
02-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Sorry to disappoint, not a journalism major. Econ major. I do a lot of financial writing though (not to be confused with underwriting), just means I write a fair amount of commentary and whatnot. And I do speak with some of the local guys, I used to speak with them more than I do now.

I just think the original poster is putting on a joke. I would almost say he's trying to parody myself or Boomer...but I'm not sure. It seems like a Juan Huron type of joke.

the whole theme of this thread is you getting your panties in a bunch tho ? or are you really investigating this ? man the offseason blows !

ArmyFin7
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I rarely ever do this, but I went back and read all 9 previous pages because this thread is awesome!!!

Everything from homosexual conotations to calling eachother fake scouts...

SnakeoilSeller
02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
It is like a bad movie that you cannot walk away from.

ckparrothead
02-03-2010, 11:19 AM
the whole theme of this thread is you getting your panties in a bunch tho ? or are you really investigating this ? man the offseason blows !

My panties are decidedly unbunched. I'm loving what this guy is putting out. It's hilarious.

Dogbone34
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
i was having lunch with jerry maguire at applebees in scranton. he says a human head weighs 8 pounds and that parcells loves sean weatherspoon. then he said i was glib and went on about scientology for an hour.

thejetssuck
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM

:lol2::crazy: This guy is hysterical!!!! Keep it coming!!

And I BET you enjoyed "taking his measurements" ;)

NRA
02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
i wouldnt doubt this guy that much.

i DO happen to believe, and have for a while
that the finz pix is not going to make a lot of
folks happy.

i believe that ROLONDO MCCLAIN will be there
when we pic and THE FINZ WILL PASS!!!

the guy they are going to select, as long as nothing real
bad happens at the combine is......... BRANDON GRAHAM!

to many fanz just rolondo on the brain and cant focus on
any other player or position. and we have a few BIG holes
to fill at olb, wr, s.

1st. joey porter is as good as gone.

2nd. jason taylor MAY be back, but is he used up? and he
will retire sooner than later. so the need at pass rush de/
olb has become a HUGE need. and graham can do both of
these positions at a high level. mcclain cant.

3rd. the finz have been scouting michigan hard for sometime
now. they grabbed jake long and chad henne from michigan
and those pics have turned out great!

you can bet when scouting, BRANDON GRAHAM was on there
radar and he has been no dark horse player for them. you can
bet he has been a MAJOR consideration for the finz for sometime
now.

BRANDON GRAHAM is that player that is "going to blow fanz away".

ther are two draft mocks out there that have graham for us at 12
and have for a month or so. not just since he won MVP in the
senior bowl.

brandon graham is my HANDS DOWN FAVORITE PIC for the dolphins
[if they go defense] at #12 in the draft.

SnakeoilSeller
02-03-2010, 08:38 PM
i wouldnt doubt this guy that much.

i DO happen to believe, and have for a while
that the finz pix is not going to make a lot of
folks happy.

i believe that ROLONDO MCCLAIN will be there
when we pic and THE FINZ WILL PASS!!!

the guy they are going to select, as long as nothing real
bad happens at the combine is......... BRANDON GRAHAM!

to many fanz just rolondo on the brain and cant focus on
any other player or position. and we have a few BIG holes
to fill at olb, wr, s.

1st. joey porter is as good as gone.

2nd. jason taylor MAY be back, but is he used up? and he
will retire sooner than later. so the need at pass rush de/
olb has become a HUGE need. and graham can do both of
these positions at a high level. mcclain cant.

3rd. the finz have been scouting michigan hard for sometime
now. they grabbed jake long and chad henne from michigan
and those pics have turned out great!

you can bet when scouting, BRANDON GRAHAM was on there
radar and he has been no dark horse player for them. you can
bet he has been a MAJOR consideration for the finz for sometime
now.

BRANDON GRAHAM is that player that is "going to blow fanz away".

ther are two draft mocks out there that have graham for us at 12
and have for a month or so. not just since he won MVP in the
senior bowl.

brandon graham is my HANDS DOWN FAVORITE PIC for the dolphins
[if they go defense] at #12 in the draft.

Great points, but I really dont think that Graham would shock Fins Fans.

ckparrothead
02-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Whether the Dolphins take Rolando McClain or Brandon Graham doesn't have any relevance to the fact that talent_scout is a pretty hilarious fake.

Phinacious
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Man there has been some really great threads the last 10 days. First, the guy with the whole fake jersey scandal and now this, can't wait till next week.:hi5: Ted Ginn was the third man on the grassy knoll? Nah, he would drop the gun....

where's th'fish
02-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Looking for explosive, fast twitch muscle guys, with a good gluteal base. I rewatched some Fins games today, and was looking at Merling and Starks specifically. Starks had an impressive year, but Merling needs to develop his pop from the core-strap (an insiders term to measure pelvic and hip explosion).

Someone mentioned that I concentrate a lot on pelvic areas and buttocks, but the reason why is that is a big measure for me when I grade a gut out. Pelvic/hip snap is an under discussed aspect of explosive football speed/power. Big glutes, well defined hammies, and lean muscle through the pelvis is the 3rd most important indicator I use when calculating "the method." This is 17 variable composition of numerical variables that I developed with my uncle. I will put "the method" against any talent evaluator out there.

He developed this method with his uncle? Would that be Uncle Rico?

The 3rd most important part about the method is the glutes? Are we sure he's not talking about cheerleading?

I put in bold the parts that made me laugh the hardest. I also liked that his friend with the Vikings told him what the Dolphins brass is thinking. I wonder what Al Davis knows?

Harry_Bagpipe
02-04-2010, 11:54 AM
He does remind me of a certain someone?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282/nkelly729/herbert-dance1280x1024.gif

RockyMtnPhinfan
02-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Brandon Graham, you know, the MVP of the senior bowl would be fine by me.
We need a strong side OLB. Jason Worilds is a bad *** at that spot also.

ckparrothead
02-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't honestly think Brandon Graham is a SOLB at the next level.

zodiak
02-04-2010, 04:56 PM

CK, curious what do you see Graham as in the NFL?, I feel he fits best as a 4-3 DE ala D.Freeney.

Whats your take?

GeauxFinns3705
02-04-2010, 04:59 PM

No doubt. LOL!

NRA
02-04-2010, 04:59 PM

i dont think they will ban you for that thought.

board gurus have there privledges i guess!!! :)

JT-forpresident
02-04-2010, 05:31 PM

I strongly disagree with you... but i probably haven't seen more film on him than you did... but based on:

1- his senior bowl performance
2- his measurables (size, strenght, speed, bending the ark well, etc. etc.)
3- his motor
4- the fact that he played linebacker in high school

i think he can play that position without a doubt... although he might be a better fit as a 4-3 DE (I'd love to see him pass rush without his hands in the dirt... but again, if he played linebacker in high school he does have that "2 point stance" experience )

Drubatuba
02-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I wish this thread would die... Im tired of seeing it.

ckparrothead
02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
CK, curious what do you see Graham as in the NFL?, I feel he fits best as a 4-3 DE ala D.Freeney.

Whats your take?

I could see that, definitely.

I'm just not sure I see the body flexibility and frame. But, who knows.

FinaticalOne
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM

Whats your take?

Because of his measurements, I think he might be a better fit as an NFL 3-4 OLB. He has one of the shortest pair of arms in this upcoming draft which will make it hard for him to get around NFL left tackles from the DE position. He needs to be played like the Steelers do with LaMarr Woodley.

ckparrothead
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I strongly disagree with you... but i probably haven't seen more film on him than you did... but based on:

1- his senior bowl performance
2- his measurables (size, strenght, speed, bending the ark well, etc. etc.)
3- his motor
4- the fact that he played linebacker in high school

i think he can play that position without a doubt... although he might be a better fit as a 4-3 DE (I'd love to see him pass rush without his hands in the dirt... but again, if he played linebacker in high school he does have that "2 point stance" experience )

Actually I think he's inconsistent at getting small while turning the corner.

He does have a good motor. He's got good speed. With those handy, he'll have a leg up on a lot of guys as he tries to play linebacker.

Does he really have the frame or body flexibility to dominate a Tight End, though? Yeah. he's got a solid build, but you need long arms and some length to you if you want to defend a 6'6" guy like Jermaine Gresham. I don't know. It's an open question/debate for me. I'm just tempted throw him at RDE or ROLB and let him do what he does BEST and what has been basically his number single-minded responsibility since playing for Michigan...penetrate the line and make plays in the backfield.

ColonelJ
02-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Hahaha. This thread is Epic. The buss stops, the caliper, the uncle-developed 17-point matrix, I love it all.

FinaticalOne
02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
HEY EVERYONE!!!! Your highness will be coming back tomorrow with more insight. I CAN'T WAIT TO BE ENLIGHTENED!!! :p4286:

:dance::dancing:

SnakeoilSeller
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I can't wait to hear about the bus trip and what he had for dinner!

FinaticalOne
02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I can't wait to hear about the bus trip and what he had for dinner!

:lol: Yeah, that was a classic post.

JT-forpresident
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Actually I think he's inconsistent at getting small while turning the corner.

He does have a good motor. He's got good speed. With those handy, he'll have a leg up on a lot of guys as he tries to play linebacker.

Does he really have the frame or body flexibility to dominate a Tight End, though? Yeah. he's got a solid build, but you need long arms and some length to you if you want to defend a 6'6" guy like Jermaine Gresham. I don't know. It's an open question/debate for me. I'm just tempted throw him at RDE or ROLB and let him do what he does BEST and what has been basically his number single-minded responsibility since playing for Michigan...penetrate the line and make plays in the backfield.

yeah... but you know, you'll rarely find a perfect prospect... and usually, pass rushers aren't accustomed to covering people... why i think graham could devellop in that aspect of the game (more than others) is his experience at linebacker...

not saying it's a gimme, but i think he could devellop that skill, and dolphins coaches would have to concentrate only on that as he's already a solid pass rusher and overall edge player

* on a sidenote, i guess that's why parcells likes linebackers who have a basketball pedigree... those tall guys have good feet and know how to "guard" someone in a limited space *

ZachThomas76
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Personally, I think TalentScout probably is a real NFL scout. I respect the fact he puts in the time riding the buses, can't take that away from him.

enduro
02-05-2010, 05:30 PM
where is the op of this thread. is he taking a bus or a freakin horse and buggy. ????

SnakeoilSeller
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
where is the op of this thread. is he taking a bus or a freakin horse and buggy. ????

I hope he is not stuck in the snow somewhere. Do you think we should call his mom?

chewski
02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Well based on my expirence and what i've seen on tape, the dolphins are leaning in a new direction. Everyone assumes we are leaning toward defense and they are wrong and I'm not afraid to let the cat out of the bag, with pick #12 the dolphins will select CJ Spiller. R&R are great backs, but getting old and Spiller just has a nose for the endzone! MLB and NT will be addressed later in draft. I also feel they will trade Ginn and a draft pick to Denver for Brandon Marshall

enduro
02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Well based on my expirence and what i've seen on tape, the dolphins are leaning in a new direction. Everyone assumes we are leaning toward defense and they are wrong and I'm not afraid to let the cat out of the bag, with pick #12 the dolphins will select CJ Spiller. R&R are great backs, but getting old and Spiller just has a nose for the endzone! MLB and NT will be addressed later in draft. I also feel they will trade Ginn and a draft pick to Denver for Brandon Marshall

if we go offense then its either dez b or spiller. the best value at that spot would appear to be dez b or spiiler from guestimating what will be left on the board at the time they pick (without a trade down) the three amigo's are pretty good at staying ahead of personel issues when there are free agents the next year (see ronnie brown and ricky williams.). I think we will draft cj spiller.

defiant
02-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Great lets draft Spiller so we can have Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, CJ Spiller, Patrick Cobbs, and Lex Hilliard, all of which could start for an NFL team in 2010

Conuficus
02-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Great lets draft Spiller so we can have Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, CJ Spiller, Patrick Cobbs, and Lex Hilliard, all of which could start for an NFL team in 2010

Uh,....no.

skipp2myloo13
02-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Spiller and Dez would be BPA, presumably, at 12. I have no ploblem picking them. I also have no problem "reaching" for a guy like Earl Thomas or Brandon Graham. Get good players-i dont really care where or what they are slotted to be.

newlownorder
02-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Bring back talent_scout!

MiamiDolfan85
02-11-2010, 03:44 AM
Oh really ?

How can you have credentials if you haven't even given your name ?

And in your profile it says your favorite player is the bust Reggie Bush.. So who's number 2 on your list full of credentials ? Vernon Gholston ?

:lol:
hey,hey,hey....c'mon now.....thats unneccessary....

you know thats JaMarcus Russell's spot....:rimshot:

MiamiDolfan85
02-11-2010, 04:06 AM
No question it was one of the gayest post's ever on finheaven. It was jokes for a minute, but now dude is getting desperate for attention with that exploding in the lockerroom ****.
you obviously didnt see the post where a guy titled a thread with some kind of breaking news about a year or two ago,and posted a link about it.Only to find out the link too you to a site where.....lets just say there were two roosters coook-a-doodle dooing in a womens barnyard....at the sametime....

Everyone replied very fondly cause it actually made (I think it was during the '07 offseason leading to the '08 season) the night for everyone.Its was quite funny in rhetrospect,cause I had no idea what sight I finally laid my eyes on....:hump:

showstopper
02-11-2010, 10:40 AM
talent_scout where have you gone? Come back!!!

talent_scout
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Sorry guys. Lots of snow up my way. Was stuck out of town, doing some measurables on some guys. I have some Fins news for you, which I can't break quite yet, out of respect for my source - but this is a biggie folks. And I will say, Dez B is in play big time for you guys. Thats all I can say for now.

Bus ride back from UVA was awful, had to sit next to some lady who was chomping on fried chicken like it was shrimp cocktail. I always prefer leaner cuts of meat, so that fried smell makes me ill. I am going to post some of the dietary guidance I give younger players (especially the many OL prospects that put on huge amounts of soft, flabby tissue pre-draft combine) in the near future. This is a pet peeve of mine, guys who come in for measurement out of shape. I just show them the door. This is the big stage kid, that body must be lean and strong, especially through the hips and pelvis. But they never learn, measured two guys this weekend over 380lbs, their playing weight should be 325 at most. It was terrible, I tried to motivate them, since I know they value my opinion because of my credentials. But, come on.

Will check back soon, need to go shovel some snow and get some lean protein in the cooler.

DeeAy3000
02-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow. I feel like this thread is just short of being offered bubble gum wine coolers and animal crackers to come do a "personal" combine of our own. Creepy.

DeeAy3000
02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Just realized I used my 500th post to make a pedophile joke. Pretty appropriate I suppose.

newlownorder
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Yes!! Talent_Scout is back! Here's to the greatest thread of all time!

Zanno
02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
he sounds like the galloping gourmet

dolfan91
02-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I think this guy was chewin' on some DINCKLBERRIES!!!

talent_scout
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Ok guys, got some chicken breast, london broil, and tilapia in the cooler finally. Put on a bit of weight since the snow came, getting back on the "The method" diet that I developed with my uncle for younger football players looking to adjust body fat for workouts.

Was able to have a nice brunch with Scotty Pearson of Draft Science the other day. He mentioned that he believed fins would be picking in the first round and not trading out of the spot. He didnt have much more insider stuff than that, but he did say that he felt that McClain looked a bit stiff and lacking explosion on tape. I have compiled a 45 minute tape of McClain that shows some stiffness and problems with hip/pelvic movement. Just does not have the gyration that you might want for such a high pick at that position. But still one heck of a player, have not sent my final grade to NFL teams on this guy yet. I want to make a very scientific prognosis, and I have not had the chance to lay any measuring tools on him. Hopefully I can get down there and do the proper testing when he has a pro day.

Ok, going to go get a lift in, about 35 mins of cardio, and then will have some lean broiled tilapia with a sauce I make with Muslce Milk and avocado. Take care guys, good to be back and I hope I can continue to provide you with quality information that you guys not in the business may not be able to get. This is draft season now, I am in full swing. Have 3 computers up and running in the den, tracking RSS feeds of draft happenings. If it happens, I will know it before almost anybody, and if it is something I can share, you bet I will. Godspeed.

baseballcb95
02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Ok guys, got some chicken breast, london broil, and tilapia in the cooler finally. Put on a bit of weight since the snow came, getting back on the "The method" diet that I developed with my uncle for younger football players looking to adjust body fat for workouts.

Was able to have a nice brunch with Scotty Pearson of Draft Science the other day. He mentioned that he believed fins would be picking in the first round and not trading out of the spot. He didnt have much more insider stuff than that, but he did say that he felt that McClain looked a bit stiff and lacking explosion on tape. I have compiled a 45 minute tape of McClain that shows some stiffness and problems with hip/pelvic movement. Just does not have the gyration that you might want for such a high pick at that position. But still one heck of a player, have not sent my final grade to NFL teams on this guy yet. I want to make a very scientific prognosis, and I have not had the chance to lay any measuring tools on him. Hopefully I can get down there and do the proper testing when he has a pro day.

Ok, going to go get a lift in, about 35 mins of cardio, and then will have some lean broiled tilapia with a sauce I make with Muslce Milk and avocado. Take care guys, good to be back and I hope I can continue to provide you with quality information that you guys not in the business may not be able to get. This is draft season now, I am in full swing. Have 3 computers up and running in the den, tracking RSS feeds of draft happenings. If it happens, I will know it before almost anybody, and if it is something I can share, you bet I will. Godspeed.

only reason i thanked you is for a good laugh lol i was skeptical about your source etc. but these bolded sentences sealed the deal, your name says it all....... the talent scout :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: this guy is legit. btw, im peter gammons, brb ima go eat some broiled salmon with a nice lemonade, the one with a straw in it, with Buster Olney, and Michelle tafoya

enduro
02-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Hey iron chef i know more about your daily diet than your insider secrets. Yeah were interest in dez what if he is not there. give me the cliff notes on this fin draft and hold the "method"

Ozfin77
02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Kinda freaky huh?....LOL.

TedSlimmJr
02-11-2010, 08:51 PM

This is incredible...I have a few questions talent scout...

I've heard that boiled cabbage can help a heavy-legged-waist-bender in that it can help prevent him from over-extending himself....making it harder for speed rushers to gain the arc on him...is this true?

Also, is it true that buillabaisses can make a 5'9 1/2" cornerback measure in at 5'10 1/8" at the combine....thoughts?

Clipse
02-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh Em Gee.

BassFin
02-11-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm wondering if while he was suspended most of the year, did Dez Bryant hit up the great BBQ joints of the area? If he did, it could cause his pelvic area to expand thus hindering his ability to separate in the pros.

I guess it all depends on whether or not he was having the leaner filet mignon and sirloin or if he was going with fattier but much more flavorful ribeye and brisket.

And what were his sides? Were they a vinegar based coleslaw, corn and a plain baked potato; or did he go with the macaroni & cheese, potato salad w/mayo & fried okra. If it was the latter in both cases, it might increase his bubble.

GoonBoss
02-11-2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

baseballcb95
02-11-2010, 09:36 PM

I highligted the parts where you embarass yourself, come on, leave with some dignity or start posting some thing with truth behind them and make sure its about football/ the fins your slowly but surley becoming the joke of the draft forum of FinHeaven

GoonBoss
02-11-2010, 10:47 PM
I highligted the parts where you embarass yourself, come on, leave with some dignity or start posting some thing with truth behind them and make sure its about football/ the fins your slowly but surley becoming the joke of the draft forum of FinHeaven

You doubt "The Scout"?

Easy there. We are honored to have this quality person on board.

newlownorder
02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
The last thing we want to do is draft a guy who can't "gyrate" his hips and pelvis.

zodiak
02-12-2010, 12:41 AM
The last thing we want to do is draft a guy who can't "gyrate" his hips and pelvis.

I think the dolphins were in Memphis the other day scouting a great prospect his strengths as I read are gyrating hips & pelvis.

If I remember correctly his name is Elvis Pressley you guys ever heard of him?

Canadi-Phin
02-12-2010, 12:58 AM
This is incredible...I have a few questions talent scout...

I've heard that boiled cabbage can help a heavy-legged-waist-bender in that it can help prevent him from over-extending himself....making it harder for speed rushers to gain the arc on him...is this true?

Also, is it true that buillabaisses can make a 5'9 1/2" cornerback measure in at 5'10 1/8" at the combine....thoughts?

awesome

MadDog 88
02-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Is it possible that NYJunc has a pseudonym?

mmikel30
02-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I think the dolphins were in Memphis the other day scouting a great prospect his strengths as I read are gyrating hips & pelvis.

If I remember correctly his name is Elvis Pressley you guys ever heard of him?lmao too funny!

Dredd1050
02-12-2010, 01:57 PM

If I remember correctly his name is Elvis Pressley you guys ever heard of him?

RIIIIGHT, That's the younger cousin of Bruce the Rutgers RB of a few years back. :lol:

SnakeoilSeller
02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
I am so happy "The Scout" is back.

lucid22
04-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Now, I am not at liberty to divulge the names of these players, but I can assure you something big is going down and if nothing changes between now and the draft, you will hear a name that has been on NOBODY's radar as a likely Fin pick. I will fill you in more as more information comes to me. Moves are being made and the Trifecta is way outside the box on this one. I didn't see it coming at all, and I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site. Godspeed. More to come, hold your hoses, this is going to be a crazy ride.

My god I think he was right!

finfan54
04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
My god I think he was right!

Newlownorder is talent_scout and talent_scout is Nelownorder!

sorry new!